Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit (21343 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Durinsday: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
swtdrms:
First of all Oga barca, where do u belong sef cuz i no understand u again oooo. Support Buhari yday, attack him today.

And ur earlier assertion finally came to past, its not peculiar to Buhari and APC to make a promise and after elaborate deliberation and careful analysis you discover its not attainable, do you foolishly go ahead and keep that promise cuz you don't want to be criticized or you face the reality and declare that its no more attainable. There's nothing wrong with that.

I can't say much about other people, but I as a person, that's what i voted for in Buhari, sincerity and straightforwardness. Facing the reality instead of telling lies, looking for cover ups and giving excuses which is known with PDP.

As earlier stated, its not peculiar to the APC and Buhari, its always part of us. To make projections and plan based on that projection and later suspend/modify or totally do away with such plan are all part of every Organisation and Establishments.

Thank God he didn't deny that such promise was made, he wasn't trying to give cover ups and as well he wasn't giving excuses, he went straight to the point. So there's no problem with that at all.

We've analysed things, so many people criticized the viability of the policy and what resultant improvement it'll bring to the entire social economic system, my only support for the program was based only on the fact that it has been promised. If not for that 1.5trn will go a long way in fixing our dilapidated infrastructure, is it road, power, rail or even security etc.

You are correct, you had deeper thought, kudos to you, but still it doesn't in anyway deduct from the confidence reserve we have for this administration and Buhari himself

It doesnt take "elaborate deliberation and careful analysis in 2015 election period to understand that 5k per unemployed youth per month is crap. It was "an elaborately deliberated lie and carefully analyzed deceit"
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Truckpusher(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
oduastates:
Ideas floated during a campaign does not necessarily mean policy.
It gives you a window into the campaign's priorities and gauge their engagement.
While some are realistic, others are not . A direct welfare program is destined to fail because we simply lack the mechanism and institutions to make them succeed. Starting from a database of who is unemployed to ghost recipients . Even Countries with advanced institutions have welfare policies that are plagued by fraud.

Also in a country with so many people with a sense of entitlement and very few taxpayers, you can expect civil disobedience if the government ever became incapable of paying the money after starting the program.
You're an idiiot and a complete one .
Keep getting that shitty stipend to defend the indefensible.
You do not make promises that you didn't work on to make it work when it comes to politics. Especially basic promises.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
It is idiotic to assume that President Buhari won his election based on N5000 campaign promise by his supporters and party. I'm one of those who read the APC manifesto and I support the President because he can't be worse than Jonathan. Other people supported him for one reason or the other. I agree that the N5000 promise is unrealistic but how many presidents deliver fully on their campaign promises. See my pre-election take https://www.nairaland.com/2065085/honestly-see-hope-nigerian-economy
One week after https://www.nairaland.com/2362390/opinion-one-week-buhari-government
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari the private jet flying president just like our pastors.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
MyMouth:
Barca doing all he can to catch the attention of the new PDP chairman!

Bullshit, counter his opinion and never resort to unreasonable excuses. Nigerians are so myopic and gullible. No wonder we have the kind of leaders we have today
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Peacefulgold(m): 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
My Thought On Recent Development
I sympathise with millions of Nigerians that thumb-printed for President Buhari at the March 28 Presidential poll because of the prospect of "free" N5,000 monthly. And I believe that both Muhammadu Buhari and the APC owe these disappointed voters apology if they have any shred of honour in them.

Though I've never wished nor prayed for the failure of APC and Buhari, it has always been my position that this APC government has positioned itself on the path of failure. It is a shame that the party and government would deliberately play on the psyche of gullible Nigerians just because of power.

... To The "Blame Oil Price Fall Crew"
The price of crude oil started falling in June 2014 when Buhari was yet to even pick APC Nomination form. As at December 2014, the price of crude oil had dropped from $100 to $65 per barrel. As at March 28, 2015, the dollar had fallen further to $60 per barrel. So the oil price fall did not start in Fabruary 2016. It will be illogical and inappropriate to blame oil price for this. In fact, even when oil was at $120pb, Nigeria still borrow to fund some budgetary obligation.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
True talk my broda...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by ademega(m): 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
Spybradd:

its appalling that u and the likes of ademega or is it ademaga will go this shameless length in defence of failure simply cos ur oozing pride wont allow u admit ur monumental mistakes. Clap for urself..

*Pls if u gat any iota of dignity, provide answer to jamjo's question.
lolzz. our comments must have pained u seriously. take heart... Nigeria go better my brother
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
MyMouth:
Barca doing all he can to catch the attention of the new PDP chairman!

please spare us this bullshit, attack what he said with counter points and don't be silly
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by tinktanker: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:
he has a far better plan. he wants to teach how to fish not give fish. nice one Mr president.

yes ayam zombie from the west...
no wonder u are easily fooled. Lie lie APC/PMB e.g Linus Mohamed
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
DMerciful:
To be sincere, a state where the populace have basic electoral knowledge, it will be difficult to scam them with frivolous and unrealistic promises like these but in Nigeria the masses lack basic electoral knowledge! Else they would have vehemently asked how these promises will be fulfilled but instead they even accepted nepabill as certificate. Enjoy your change but painfully I was dragged along undecided

Nigeria is the only country where a president candidate would avoid, refuse and even oppose a presidential debate and still win a presidential election.

With this kind of anomalous situation, what do we expect? A debate would have afforded journalist the opportunity to ask how these promises would be achieved.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Spybradd: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:

lolzz. our comments must have pained u seriously. take heart... Nigeria go better my brother
ademaga ba?
grin
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Opeade939(f): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
And you wrote this to justify what exactly??. Although,i never agree to the 5000naira stipend to the unemployed graduates,instead of doing that he already said that he is going to channel the funds into agriculture and natural resources,which is a nice motive,if i must say.........What else do you guys want@tonye.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by jamjo: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:

I pray for my country to be better, but it will not be so, if the leaders we put our faith in continue to deceive the electorate, that is where i have a problem. As i said I'm not an APC nor PDP my greatest happiness will be seeing this president succeed, Nigeria is my country i have a stake in Nigeria project because i was born Nigerian, In as much I'm not living there now I'm still proud of my country. Nigeria will better if people like you should stop playing to the gallery and called a spade a spade.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by nelcliff(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
It's easy says than done.
May God save us.... Amen....
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by yinkeys(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jirate:

Same with me my Brother.
We were naive to know that they're all trickstars undecided
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Jokerman(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
anonimi:

So anyone who is engaged in democratic discourse and shares his opinion on how things should get better is receiving egunje from a political party, right?
Yet, you complain about corruption that the politicians use to pay such egunje, nor be so?
You obviously do not know what you are talking about and its wide implications.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d
Lols... it was a question o.. Anomimi.. and I dont support any p.party too...
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by notindome(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na wa for zombiesm on this forum ohhh. kai Naija which way.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by CltrAltDel: 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
anonimi:

So much for the incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity. sad

Here we go again...... ONE AND ONLY NAIRALAND POLITICAL ARTIST
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by ChinoJeff: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
emzila:
Looking At Buhari's Proposal
With Buhari's proposed N1.89tr Social program, it
invariably means an additional N1.89trn will be
added to the projected deficit of N1.29 trn ie
N3.187trn if he is to go ahead with paying of
N5000 to 25 million unemployed annually, from
where will he be able to make up the HUGE
deficit?.

THE SO CALLED BARCANISTA IS A BIG JOKER.
any reasonable JSS3 student will not find it difficult to understand that the deficit of 2015 and 2016, aside the social program can never be of the same. any reasonable Nigerian who is not alien to d recent developments would have understand that even if 2015 and 2016 budgets are as stated by barcanista, the budget deficit will not be 3.187trn considering the various sources of revenue by the new administration eg, the TSA which brings about 2trn into the new yr budget, the stamp duty, the increase custom revenue report etc. barcanista has just put up organized pieces of rubbish for the gullibles.

further more, teacher barcanista don't even understand that the social security program is not the function of 2015 budget but 2016 budget and until the budget is passed, one cannot clearly say that the president has failed in his promise.

My dear, ease your frustration. There's no doubt you were among the zombies scammed during the campaign period.

Me, I refuse to be a zombie in Jesus name Amen.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
funlord:
undecided

Nigerians did not vote for buhari because of N5000k! They voted for him because they were sick and tired of the 16 years of directionless, corruption laden, recycle based and incompetent leadership provided by your sorry party the pdp! The last administrations gigantic flaws helped to accelerate the process thanks to ebele and his _moronic pals!

Nigerians wanted to move in a new direction and at least attempt to save their country from all sorts of bandits and certain doom so stop trying to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it!

moronic fellow, talk for your self dude, immediately after the innauguration some zombies down here in the north queued in the bank, insisting that their President Buhari promised them 5k monthly salary and they were here to collect it. for your info, the 5k promise was the bait they used in drawing this nomadic alimajiris down here in the north to support the "changi" mantra. I am happy they are the ones who suffer the most cos most of them practically do nothing and the money and sharing that used to fly in the past no dey come again. Change Ma Ass
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by nellyelitz(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:
he has a far better plan. he wants to teach how to fish not give fish. nice one Mr president.

so it is true people from the west are 'Zombies'
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by emzila(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
ChinoJeff:

My dear, ease your frustration. There's no doubt you were among the zombies scammed during the campaign period.

Me, I refuse to be a zombie in Jesus name Amen.
a victorious zombie right?
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Nigerians put PMB in office to do what's best for Nigeria regardless of your usual pointless and thoughtless #PDPhouseOfhunger gyration...

Nigerians kicked jona out of office and elected PMB because of institutionalized looting, stealing, corruption and incompetence, not because of your silly 5000 naira..

Stop boring us with your sociopathic worries..

hahahaha have you blamed GEJ today
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
caprini1:
But lordy.......just this week someone in the senate just blew over 300m to buy cars.....the looting hasn't stopped,has it?

Please help me ask him oo, and come to think of it, it is one of the principal officers of the change party that is also spear heading the looting, abi the guy don decamp ?
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB. Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to made d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises. Even though oil price have started falling during the election, it was still above $60 then which is twice what it is today.

This post is not to defend PMB. This post is to support him for making the right decision. I never agree to the 5000 naira stipend to unemployed graduate. It would have be a waste. But 5000 naira for the most vunerable 1million nigerians (Mostly widows and physically challenge) is welcome if we can fund it. 5k to unemployed graduate is a no no no.

PMB did not deny the promise was made despite the fact that he never personally made d promise. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority. PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up. No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic. It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face. Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will promote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful.

I am living in governance mode. I dont care about what campaign promise were. I only care about good governance. Any campaign promise that is not realistic today can go to hell. For those who cares so much about campaign promises, you can use ur PVC in 2019 and vote what u want.For those who claim Buhari won the election because of 5000 naira stipend for unemployed are not saying the truth. More than 99% of people who voted for Buhari voted for him because he was seen as much better to fight corruption and boko haram. Not because he promised 5000 naira. I am not even sure he got 100 votes because of the 5000 naira stipend promise.

For that primary reason of fighting corruption and Boko haram, he may not have done it perfectly, but he is clearly better than GEJ. And he was voted because he was considered better in fighting it than GEJ and not because he will be able to fight it perfectly. That is progress, Reduction of negative is positive. For that, he has fulfilled his top two campaign promises.

Leadership is about optimising available resources for the best of the country. Not wasting it on project in order to look good and save face

This is plain bullshit, trying to make excuses for failure. Right from time, Buhari and his team made these promises to sway public sympathy, you want some more: I would make the dollar equal to one naira, the pump price of petrol would be 40 naira, Book haram would be defeated in 2 months and the December deadline were all irrational statements that were made to sway public sympathy.

Look my friend, any human relationship built on lies and propaganda is bound to fail, be it marital, contractual etc should not be built on lies and that is the issue they are facing. Not that the present govt ia doing that bad , but because of the high hopes they gave the electorate
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Our5k(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari is a bastard for denying me my 5k stipend!
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
LieDetector:
This tonyebarcanista should f*ckin take several seats back. It's absurd how you hold yourself on the high when it comes to issues pertaining to national development. Need I remind you that you are a renowned wailer and only newbies on here would consider engaging you and your foolish articles whose aim is to malign and paint a bad light of every policy put forward by this government for the betterment of Nigerians at large. Your case is simply that of mind boggling idiocy.

Dude I think you should be a newbie, where have you been when the same TonyeBarcanista made defended some of the current policies of this present Govt. Where you sleeping.

Next time take a chill pill, take come chilled water (you know the heat now is much) and make sure when you read analysis, you read it with an objective mind and not from a myopic veiw
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Ahmeduana(m): 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:

AND MAY YOU REMAIN ZOMBIE TILL END OF TIME! What was jonathan doing when he was implementing sure-p and you-win and granting scholarship to first class graduate of all nigeria tertiary institution? Is he not teaching nigerians how to fish?
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Speak truth to your conscience Barca. It is called politics. If APC played it better than PDP and reaped the rewards, don't get mad at them, refine your game. Simple.

What exactly is "sincerity" in "capturing power"?? Was Jo or PDP sincere in the way they kept power for 16years?? How many articles did you or any PDP supporters write about the second Niger bridge?? Has it been completed?? To what extent was work done before Jo's departure?? How many promises did he fulfil before he left? Why was he seeking re-election when he didn't accomplish any of the things he specifically promised he would between 2011-2015?? Where are the factories in each state?? Where are the refineries?? Where are the state of the art hospitals?? Where are the roads??

Haba, make we dey tell ourselves the truth sometimes.

We should be happy the N5000 stuff is being reviewed. Would have amounted to waste of epic proportions.

I appreciate the fact that you understand it was a game of dice that the APC played on gullible Nigerians including you and why would you wait till your demigod renounce his promise before you can come up straight to support the nonpayment of 5k.

Probably you had it in mind to receive your own 5k
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by felixlovu: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nice write up Mr bancansta,so many things has happened in our country nigeria.but I dnt wanna bliv nigeria dnt have dat money regardless of ur calculations in which u dnt totally get.south Africa is paying all new born babies and old people above 55 or something monthly and it has been lik dat in some other countries,I think Mr buhari has got a good heart and willing to bring some new things into his government and nigeria in general.as fair as u analysis nigeria income and budget I wish u can do d same or make some research on how a $20b arm watwat was spent in Jonathan govt.and all through is up to 8years in government he never think,or have that idea of doing such a thing.my brother nigeria is capable of doing wat Mr president said and if he can't do it now dos nt mean another president or govt can't do it.(analysis d 20b$ for me pls)thanks
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by leanalyst: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
I will keep saying it, APC and Buhari made so many unrealistic promises and that is why once he never agreed to any presidential debates, because he honestly wouldn't have been able to justify d realization of most promises. Instead he was doing doctored town hall meetings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unpaid Kogi Workers Protest Against Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Existing Tinted Car Permits, Spy Number Plates Remain Valid – IGP / Ken Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa Jnr Dies At 48

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.