Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit (21365 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LordAdam: 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Maybe the 500billion is meant for cabin biscuits for pRimary school pupils

You should do a piece on that.

The N500b, to my knowledge, is in the budget and they are making plans towards sharing.

Now this is why I think it is an avenue of "taking" (quoting you).

A.They will share N5000 to the 1 million poorest Nigerians, which is N5b.
i. For a policy to be implemented this year, why haven't we heard of any exercise to collect data of the poorest Nigerians?
ii. If they do not have a database and are making no plans to collect data, how are they planning to identify the 1 million poorest Nigerians?
iii. What is the parameter to determine who the poorest Nigerians are? Widows, physically challenged, people in the rural areas, beggars? What exactly?

B. The feeding of school children. The feeding is once and according to them, they will feed children with "NASCO highly-nutritive biscuit", a deal that has already been signed.
i. Assuming that over 90% of the N500b (N450b) will be used for this, how do we justify using N450b to feed approximately 30 million school children with N10/N20 biscuit.
ii. Where in this world are growing children fed N20 (or its currency equivalent, 6 US cents) biscuits once in the name of national school children feeding program.

C. With a deficit of at least N2.2t, and with countries like Saudi Arabia (with over $700b reserves) effacing welfare packages, of what use is spending N5000 on 1 million extremely poor Nigerians and feeding school children. Is this money not better spent in infrastructural development, buffering the spread and growth of SMEs, and investing in agriculture?

D. N5000 in a month with current CBN official dollar exchange rate translates to $25. International organizations say the poverty line is surviving on less than $1 a day. $25 translates to $0.83 which means that it does not push any of the poorest Nigerians out of poverty. It is a clear waste. In fact, judging by the fact that the parallel exchange rate has cause inflation and gargantuan hike in the price of goods, the actual earning power of N5000 is far lower than is necessary to support the extremely poor Nigerians.

The N500b is an avenue to loot Nigeria as the program is not effective and unjustifiable citing current finance and economic challenges the country is facing. It should be removed from the budget or channeled to other Ministries.

You can then cite the statistics of what important Ministries like Health, Education, Youth and Sports get and compare with the N500b for a social welfare program.

Let me know if I can be of help in preparing the write-up.

-Lord
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Chazzyboy: 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
ademega:
he has a far better plan. he wants to teach how to fish not give fish. nice one Mr president.

yes ayam zombie from the west...
zombie is a bad name BRO
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Progressive01(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
9japrof:

I appreciate the fact that you understand it was a game of dice that the APC played on gullible Nigerians including you and why would you wait till your demigod renounce his promise before you can come up straight to support the nonpayment of 5k.

Probably you had it in mind to receive your own 5k
You are too dull. I ignore folks like you.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by modik(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
"A Government built on sure foundations of LIES and LIARS is NOT CORRUPT" .

Lol.

This should be on the lastpage
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LieDetector(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
MzPecs:

undecided undecided Hmmmmmm
Babe, this tonye of a guy disgusts me honestly angry
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LieDetector(m): 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Paperwhite:
Take this your lie to your fellow zombies.He is entitle to his opinion which must not be according to your whims & caprices.
barcanista's Abobaku.... Kontinu sad
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by MzPecs(f): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
LieDetector:
Babe, this tonye of a guy disgusts me honestly angry
Pele dear..

Hope you're good?
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by UyiIredia(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
grin

And you still brought Jonathan into this? Can't you face your troubles and leave the man alone? Is it Jonathan that made the promise on your behalf on several fora? And what is your point sef?

I hail you o. You dey try teach dem sense but dem no gree collect.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by pouch(f): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=emzila post=43321511]Looking At Buhari's Proposal
With Buhari's proposed N1.89tr Social program, it
invariably means an additional N1.89trn will be
added to the projected deficit of N1.29 trn ie
N3.187trn if he is to go ahead with paying of
N5000 to 25 million unemployed annually, from
where will he be able to make up the HUGE
deficit?.

THE SO CALLED BARCANISTA IS A BIG JOKER.
any reasonable JSS3 student will not find it difficult to understand that the deficit of 2015 and 2016, aside the social program can never be of the same. any reasonable Nigerian who is not alien to d recent developments would have understand that even if 2015 and 2016 budgets are as stated by barcanista, the budget deficit will not be 3.187trn considering the various sources of revenue by the new administration eg, the TSA which brings about 2trn into the new yr budget, the stamp duty, the increase custom revenue report etc. barcanista has just put up organized pieces of rubbish for the gullibles.

further more, teacher barcanista don't even understand that the social security program is not the function of 2015 budget but 2016 budget and until the budget is passed, one cannot clearly say that the president has failed in his promise.

[You're very naive to think that TSA is a new income source. TSA is short for Treasury Single Account. FIRS, FRSC, CUSTOMS etc are sources of non export income for the FG and before now had their accounts in various DMBs. Income from these sources are already part of the proposed income in the new budget.
Please accept that you were scammed, and move on. ]
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LieDetector(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
9japrof:

Dude I think you should be a newbie, where have you been when the same TonyeBarcanista made defended some of the current policies of this present Govt. Where you sleeping.

Next time take a chill pill, take come chilled water (you know the heat now is much) and make sure when you read analysis, you read it with an objective mind and not from a myopic veiw
Yea.. I don't bother to read his articles anymore. Guess I'm allergic to articles written by a mentally deranged pseudo political analyst angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LieDetector(m): 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
MzPecs:

Pele dear..

Hope you're good?
yes I am ....hope you good too grin
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by calobinna(m): 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
what about increasing corps members allowance from 19800 to 40000?... we're now puppets before these politicians to be used, I now understand the reason he boycotted the presidential debate cos he has no clues on how to rule this country!
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by funlord(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
angry
9japrof:

moronic fellow, talk for your self dude, immediately after the innauguration some zombies down here in the north queued in the bank, insisting that their President Buhari promised them 5k monthly salary and they were here to collect it. for your info, the 5k promise was the bait they used in drawing this nomadic alimajiris down here in the north to support the "changi" mantra. I am happy they are the ones who suffer the most cos most of them practically do nothing and the money and sharing that used to fly in the past no dey come again. Change Ma Ass

Replying a ethnically confused brain dead maggot like you is against nairalands laws!

You possess the I.q of a house fly so you may not even be able to decipher the language with which I intend to use to reply you talk less of understanding my points!

Abeg just kindly _fuck off my posts! You are nothing more than an inconsequential daft punk that requires no sort of interaction whatsoever!

Olodo rabata!!!

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by bezimo(m): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Offcourse we knew those promise by Buhari were lies designed to deceive the gullible during their campaign.Now its time to face the reality check.

Before elections:
Buhari: We would give every unemployed graduate 5000 per month( in Babas mind, I know them they would believe anything, maybe I should even say 10000 sef)
The gullible (APC supporters): Sai Baba!!!!!!

After elections
Buhari: Sorry we can't and wont give anybody 5000

Thats good Tonye for your well analysed posting on the deception of Buhari and his APC.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
funlord:
angry

Replying a ethnically confused brain dead maggot like you is against nairalands laws!

You possess the I.q of a house fly so you may not even be able to decipher the language with which I intend to use to reply you talk less of understanding my points!

Abeg just kindly _fuck off my posts! You are nothing more than an inconsequential daft punk that requires no sort of interaction whatsoever!

Olodo rabata!!!

hahaha someone is soo pained when it hits them hard, take it easy fellow and understand the analysis the OP gave you, think outside the box, I know your loyalty to your king is undiluted, no problem with that, ain't here to change that Buh if your so pained to the stomach because I told you the truth that you caused me with such intensity as if I am the cause of your frustrations, then dude I owe you no apology.

FYI am tired of this your moaning, do not quote me
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by obivictor(m): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Owoloku1:
Concentrating on infrastructural development as proposed by Buhari is the best thing anybody can do for Nigerian youths..

Why give us ₦5000 when you can provide an environment for us to make ₦50000 monthly?
and u think this government is working towards providing an environment for you to earn #50000 a month? zombie i yaff u
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by blackprowler: 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
Mr Tonye Barcanista, I know we all use pseudonyms here but I would like to know your twitter handle. I don't know of all your writeups and whether I would agree with your mindset but this one I saw makes me sympathise with you. Nigeria doesn't deserve anyone bothering to write long articles and trying to present facts and figures in the hope of sparking an informed debates and chart progress. Nigeria is a jungle and the people are guided by instincts and emotion, not logic and reason. I always say that from my everyday experiences in Nigeria, there is no surprise to me why we are in such a parlous state. Indeed if we were in a better state given our attitude, then I would be surprised
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Owoloku1: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
obivictor:

and u think this government is working towards providing an environment for you to earn #50000 a month? zombie i yaff u
First of all I never insulted you.....
Secondly creating employment happens to be part of the government's responsibility and if one is willing or shows the zeal to create jobs, it's better we support him than scream and shout for a monthly pay of ₦5000 that can't even provide food for a week.

Thanks
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by coolscott(m): 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
vanguard90:
Anybody who went to school would know Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to implement that 5k social program yet, not because we don't have the money but we don't have a good database yet.
Guy. Nigeria does not have the money
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
ChappyChase:
ApC promised us change, now they've changed the promise!!!
Where are those maggots (Hungerbad,Mynd1 and co.) that were blasting barcanista for that previous article oya make una come defend una bubu!!!
TonyeBarcanista, putting Apc touts in a tight corner since April 2015!!!! Ride on bro and please try inform those clowns that call themselves ApC supporters that our waillers form has finished!
APC- A Party of clowns grin grin
APC- shame !!! cheesy cheesy
LOLZ UNA NO GO FIT KILL ME WITH LAFF.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Gkemz: 1:51am On Feb 29, 2016
What a constructive criticism with figures and facts. Tonye you'd pinpointed every angle.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by aresa: 2:10am On Feb 29, 2016
Truckpusher:
You're an idiiot and a complete one .
Keep getting that shitty stipend to defend the indefensible.
You do not make promises that you didn't work on to make it work when it comes to politics. Especially basic promises.

Foolish Jona of otuoke promised and swear to build the 2nd NB before leaving office, but the clown was too busy looting and sharing instead of fulfilling his promise, but we are yet to see you hating hypocrites shout like bingo and throw the same rubbish at foolish Jona..

Irrelevant people feeling funky....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by felixlovu: 6:23am On Feb 29, 2016
9japrof:

This is plain bullshit, trying to make excuses for failure. Right from time, Buhari and his team made these promises to sway public sympathy, you want some more: I would make the dollar equal to one naira, the pump price of petrol would be 40 naira, Book haram would be defeated in 2 months and the December deadline were all irrational statements that were made to sway public sympathy.

Look my friend, any human relationship built on lies and propaganda is bound to fail, be it marital, contractual etc should not be built on lies and that is the issue they are facing. Not that the present govt ia doing that bad , but because of the high hopes they gave the electorate
how many gej promises dos he make to past of all his years in office.dis man have nt even use a year and u are already condemning him.he can do more Dan giving 5k to d youth.or wat have dos years of gej in office Bring for us
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9japrof(m): 7:29am On Feb 29, 2016
felixlovu:
how many gej promises dos he make to past of all his years in office.dis man have nt even use a year and u are already condemning him.he can do more Dan giving 5k to d youth.or wat have dos years of gej in office Bring for us

Bros if I am to understand your question, the answer is that I am no GEJ fan, the ex president messed up big time, no politician have had it so easy to the top like GEJ did(that's a discussion for another day)

But GEJ promises where kinda feasible, promises that rationally were possible to achieve within his tenure, promises of stable electricity, construction of the 2nd Niger bridge, completion of the east west road e.t.c and his failure to fulfill em was a big step in his loosing elections. But Buharis promises were out of the ordinary, promises that the average Nigerian with a right thinking mentality should have questioned . Equating the naira to the dollar (Who does that? even exporting countries deliberately devalue their currencies to make more on the international market e.g China, Japan, South Korea)

The dude also promised stabilizing the oil market, (who does that, no nation singlehandedly does that, OPEC have been doing all they can in the past few months to at least create artificial scarcity to at least bring the price up, Buh their are lot of oil producing and consuming countries that prays that the status quo remains)

What about the social security program, the idea in itself is not bad but the timing is very bad, when one faces financial difficulty the best thing is to retreat reassess yourself and plug holes where unnecessary money is being spent. Nigerians income now is mess.ed, we earn less now and we need to borrow in. trillions to fund the budget, that means if we are to go ahead with the social security program we need to borrow in trillions to fund it. what parameters are we using to identify these Nigerians that are in dare need of the funds. Do we have the comprehensive database of this people, Hell No.

How far, bros Buharis promises sounds like promises dude make to females in order to have their way to the Punnany(baby I would buy you the latest airplane, I would love you till eternity) after the journey, the guy brain resets and returns to normal.

Bros the issue we have, we are too gullible , the same joke we are into today as a country, is the same joke that ekiti and osun state have irrespective of the high level of literacy in those states
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by ademega(m): 9:43am On Feb 29, 2016
Chazzyboy:
zombie is a bad name BRO

I love it pass wailer my guy. it's more honourable to be a zombie than to be a wailer.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:56am On Feb 29, 2016
Working on it Sir!!!!
LordAdam:

You should do a piece on that.

The N500b, to my knowledge, is in the budget and they are making plans towards sharing.

Now this is why I think it is an avenue of "taking" (quoting you).

A.They will share N5000 to the 1 million poorest Nigerians, which is N5b.
i. For a policy to be implemented this year, why haven't we heard of any exercise to collect data of the poorest Nigerians?
ii. If they do not have a database and are making no plans to collect data, how are they planning to identify the 1 million poorest Nigerians?
iii. What is the parameter to determine who the poorest Nigerians are? Widows, physically challenged, people in the rural areas, beggars? What exactly?

B. The feeding of school children. The feeding is once and according to them, they will feed children with "NASCO highly-nutritive biscuit", a deal that has already been signed.
i. Assuming that over 90% of the N500b (N450b) will be used for this, how do we justify using N450b to feed approximately 30 million school children with N10/N20 biscuit.
ii. Where in this world are growing children fed N20 (or its currency equivalent, 6 US cents) biscuits once in the name of national school children feeding program.

C. With a deficit of at least N2.2t, and with countries like Saudi Arabia (with over $700b reserves) effacing welfare packages, of what use is spending N5000 on 1 million extremely poor Nigerians and feeding school children. Is this money not better spent in infrastructural development, buffering the spread and growth of SMEs, and investing in agriculture?

D. N5000 in a month with current CBN official dollar exchange rate translates to $25. International organizations say the poverty line is surviving on less than $1 a day. $25 translates to $0.83 which means that it does not push any of the poorest Nigerians out of poverty. It is a clear waste. In fact, judging by the fact that the parallel exchange rate has cause inflation and gargantuan hike in the price of goods, the actual earning power of N5000 is far lower than is necessary to support the extremely poor Nigerians.

The N500b is an avenue to loot Nigeria as the program is not effective and unjustifiable citing current finance and economic challenges the country is facing. It should be removed from the budget or channeled to other Ministries.

You can then cite the statistics of what important Ministries like Health, Education, Youth and Sports get and compare with the N500b for a social welfare program.

Let me know if I can be of help in preparing the write-up.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by maasoap(m): 11:06am On Feb 29, 2016
Who voted for Buhari because he promised N5000 monthly stipend to the unemployed? Can 5k naira sustain one in a month? We voted him as a better alternative to Jonathan, it doesn't matter whether he pays 5k or not.
BTW, who are the people wailing on this issue? Is it wailers or people who voted Buhari? Of course, it is the wailers simply because they have already positioned themselves for the handouts. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Killings: El-Rufai Apologises For Government's Failure To Protect Victims / Bode Geordge: Buhari Didn't Consider Poor Nigerians Before Announcing Lockdown / Buhari: APC Lucky To Have Tinubu As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.