Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders (11489 Views)

Umahi Bags 2016 Zik Prize For Leadership In Good Governance Award / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians / Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers, Buhari Tells Religious Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:50am On Feb 29, 2016
By Henry Umoru

ABUJA- PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has pleaded with religious leaders across the country to pray for him to administer the country effectively. President Buhari also charged religious leaders in the country to do more in supporting the Federal Government’s efforts to transform the nation by enshrining what he termed, the culture of good governance and overcoming the security challenges facing the country.

Speaking Sunday in Abuja while speaking at the Eagle Square Abuja, venue of this year’s Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah, JIBWIS Annual Convention, President Buhari stressed that religious leaders have a duty to support the government in sustaining the current peace and tranquility being enjoined across the country.

The President who spoke through the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello commended the Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah for uniting the Muslim community through the preaching of Islamic tenets which stress the importance of obedience to constituted authority, good morals and the need for harmonious co-existence, adding that their efforts have greatly enhanced the unity and socio-economic development of the nation.

He said, “I urge you to continue to support this administration through prayers so that we can continue to have peace and security and above all pray for Allah’s blessings so that we can have prosperity and good governance.

“There is no doubt that what we are witnessing today is something that is very important to us as Muslims and indeed to the community and society at large. We all have a duty to continue to support the leader of this group so that he can continue to do the good things that he has been doing for over thirty years”.

The occasion which featured the official launching of the appeal fund for the building of an Islamic Centre by the group in the Guzape District of Abuja, had prominent personalities including former Governors and Ministers in attendance. The President commended the past and present administrations of the FCT for giving priority attention to religious organizations in land allocations for the establishment of worship centres and schools for the proper grooming of the future leaders of this great country.

Buhari acknowledged that the establishment of the proposed Islamic centre by the Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah in Abuja was an important milestone which requires the support of all, adding that efforts should be made to ensure the completion of the project in order to enhance the educational development of the nation.

Earlier in his remark, the National Chairman of the Ulama Council of JIBWIS Sheikh Sani Yahaya Jingir said the proposed Islamic Community Centre will include a Mosque, Islamic School, Conference hall and guest quarters. He called for prayers for the success of the President Muhammdu Buhari led administration and charged Muslim’s all over the country to support the on-going reforms aimed at making life better for the entire citizens of this country

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/good-governance-i-need-your-prayers-buhari-tells-religious-leaders/
Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by ebig21(m): 12:56am On Feb 29, 2016
Eya for buhari. He thinks to rule is easy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Ogbuefi2020: 12:56am On Feb 29, 2016
I thought he was a superman and can do everything alone?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by tsephanyah(f): 1:05am On Feb 29, 2016
one word confused

22 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Topestbilly(m): 1:08am On Feb 29, 2016
The hot sit is real.

May God help you and Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by VampireeM(f): 1:09am On Feb 29, 2016
The prayers he went to Saudi Arabia to do no do am ni?? Clear signs of Cluelessness and Incompetence! Even Obama no go Jerusalem to be able to set a blueprint for his country.

No one should quote me to tell me rubbish cause I cant remember anyone point a gun @ PMB's head to force to contest when he did.

This administration needs to get to work and stop looking for flimsy excuses

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Raymee(m): 1:50am On Feb 29, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=43344604]By Henry Umoru

ABUJA- PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has pleaded with religious leaders across the country to pray for him to administer the country effectively. President Buhari also charged religious leaders in the country to do more in supporting the Federal Government’s efforts to transform the nation by enshrining what he termed, the culture of good governance and overcoming the security challenges facing the country.

Speaking Sunday in Abuja while speaking at the Eagle Square Abuja, venue of this year’s Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah, JIBWIS Annual Convention, President Buhari stressed that religious leaders have a duty to support the government in sustaining the current peace and tranquility being enjoined across the country.

The President who spoke through the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello commended the Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah for uniting the Muslim community through the preaching of Islamic tenets which stress the importance of obedience to constituted authority, good morals and the need for harmonious co-existence, adding that their efforts have greatly enhanced the unity and socio-economic development of the nation.

He said, “I urge you to continue to support this administration through prayers so that we can continue to have peace and security and above all pray for Allah’s blessings so that we can have prosperity and good governance.

“There is no doubt that what we are witnessing today is something that is very important to us as Muslims and indeed to the community and society at large. We all have a duty to continue to support the leader of this group so that he can continue to do the good things that he has been doing for over thirty years”.

The occasion which featured the official launching of the appeal fund for the building of an Islamic Centre by the group in the Guzape District of Abuja, had prominent personalities including former Governors and Ministers in attendance. The President commended the past and present administrations of the FCT for giving priority attention to religious organizations in land allocations for the establishment of worship centres and schools for the proper grooming of the future leaders of this great country.

Buhari acknowledged that the establishment of the proposed Islamic centre by the Jama’atul Izalatil Bid’ah WaIkamatis Sunnah in Abuja was an important milestone which requires the support of all, adding that efforts should be made to ensure the completion of the project in order to enhance the educational development of the nation.

Earlier in his remark, the National Chairman of the Ulama Council of JIBWIS Sheikh Sani Yahaya Jingir said the proposed Islamic Community Centre will include a Mosque, Islamic School, Conference hall and guest quarters. He called for prayers for the success of the President Muhammdu Buhari led administration and charged Muslim’s all over the country to support the on-going reforms aimed at making life better for the entire citizens of this country

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/good-governance-i-need-your-prayers-buhari-tells-religious-leaders/[/quotemake him better stop dat nonsense ! U said Johnathan was clueless & now u r pleading for prayers, from who? Rule naija so your dreams would come true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by babadem2much(m): 3:34am On Feb 29, 2016
My Holy Book encourages us to pray for our leaders. It is only by our prayers and support we as a country will attain greater height because curse never repairs anything rather spoil it more.

I pray for all In Govt that God should give them a sense of direction to lead this great nation in fear and favor without sentiment and greed.

Lord help us to curb all crises in our respective regions, give us sense of belonging and respect for each other. this I ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Aromas: 4:19am On Feb 29, 2016
babadem2much:
My Holy Book encourages us to pray for our leaders. It is only by our prayers and support we as a country will attain greater height because curse never repairs anything rather spoil it more.

I pray for all In Govt that God should give them a sense of direction to lead this great nation in fear and favor without sentiment and greed.

Lord help us to curb all crises in our respective regions, give us sense of belonging and respect for each other. this I ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Flexherbal(m): 4:28am On Feb 29, 2016
You have our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by eleojo23: 4:34am On Feb 29, 2016
Sometimes when I look at Buhari, I can't help but feel some compassion towards him. But when APC E-warriors come online and start hyping the man as if he is a superman, all the compassion disappears.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by ril19(m): 5:52am On Feb 29, 2016
Ah don notice say nigerians too like to dey blast blast people. say presido ask for prayers na bad tin? almost everybody on top me just dey blast the guy anyhow. e nor good o. sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by hassan85(m): 6:27am On Feb 29, 2016
The Lord is with you. 95% OF nigerians are with u. God see us 2ru d nigerian project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Iykopeee: 7:04am On Feb 29, 2016
Prayer is neva the way out when a country is economically down. America, Britain, Germany and France didnt resort to prayers to get things right.

U are a definition of failure mr president. Keep looking for some religious leaders to pray for ur mental laxity.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by BaddieKay(f): 7:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Lolsss
Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by ChappyChase: 7:42am On Feb 29, 2016
ebig21:
Eya for buhari. He thinks to rule is easy
Him forget say naija problem big pass him farm!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 29, 2016
Prayers ke

1 Like

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by dragonking2: 9:02am On Feb 29, 2016
Someone should remind buhari about el rufia tweet abusing the President of looking for prayers... cc: anonimi firefire

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 29, 2016
undecided

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by edlion57(m): 9:02am On Feb 29, 2016
I hope he prayed for goodluck wen he waz in power......one chance....u were jux after power nothing to offer

12 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:02am On Feb 29, 2016
Praying for My Con3 na everyday routine

1 Like

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by udemzyudex(m): 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
When they pray and u don't do the needful, how will things work?

7 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by omowolewa: 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
We are praying for you
Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by durella32: 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Only wen we separate religion frm politics can Nigeria develop..min fella's voice(dm go dy do bad bad tinz tru jesus christ our lord ahmen)

1 Like

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by falseman(m): 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Dundee

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Roidatom(m): 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Nice.
Prayers is good, but heaven helps those who help themselves. Make right decisions at appropriate times and everything will fall in place.

But come to think of it. It is the student who hasn't read that relies on prayers. The best prayer should be preparation. Prepare for everything.

Nigerians, let us support our president. If he fails, we fail. If he succeeds in making Nigeria great, then we become great.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by canalily(m): 9:03am On Feb 29, 2016
Buhari did you pray 4 GEJ during his tenureundecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Wesely01(m): 9:04am On Feb 29, 2016
tsephanyah:
one word confused

Over confused sef dey worry am.

4 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by Sijo01(f): 9:04am On Feb 29, 2016
Come and sit in Aso Rock, where you were elected to stay and not speak through a representative from your abroad base.

5 Likes

Re: Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders by odinese(m): 9:04am On Feb 29, 2016
[size=30pt]SCAM[/size]
:

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID 19: Man Whose Girlfriend Tested Positive Calls Out FG For Lying / 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi / A Storm Of Investments Is Heading To Nigeria - Ajuri Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.