Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom (30507 Views)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Buhari Has Removed Veil Of Economic Secrecy- Sen Nwaogu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by TeamSimple(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
They're are being forced to join Islam.

The worst set of Christians I have seen in my life are those from Nigeria and they're mostly from the east.

They claim to be Catholic, bow before mother Mary to pray, follow the rev fathers and sisters in their various churches, but are more hateful than anyone. If not so, how can anyone that love mother Mary hate someone who covers her head? I'm yet to see a picture of Mary without veil.

So you still take Nigeria Christians serious? You get time o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by marshborn(m): 10:45am On Mar 01, 2016
Look properly at all these pictures, women are fashion conscious by nature, all the hijabs and scarfs worn rhymes with their clothing. Meaning that they had it in mind to wear them voluntarily. Now look at kemi's own, this was clearly a last minute imposition by someone. The hijab doesn't go with her clothes, it is not even worn properly at all, meaning she did not intend on wearing one, if not she would have sought something that rhymes better with her attire. Just a personal observation sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by victorazy(m): 10:51am On Mar 01, 2016
Topestbilly:
Where's dat guy ranting yesterday sef..

He didn't see dis one, it's dat one Michelle not covering her hair he could Google searched.

Hypocrisy is a disease..

Did Buhari agree to remove his cap during church service with his vice?
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by goodguygonebad: 10:55am On Mar 01, 2016
I agree, But I guess you didn't see @PMB leave his cap on at a Christian gathering. Did you?

Naijazeera:
See Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and the Queen all wear viel in Muslim land as a sign of respect for religion and culture.

Adesoun's case should be an exception.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by ApenaEde: 10:55am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

Projecting our culture and who we're to our host is part of diplomacy, and be informed what Ms. Adesun represent there in NIGERIA not her personal interest.

Do you know of any occasion where the king of Qatar or Saudi Arabia have ever visited another country in a different attire?. Let me know, please.

I'm no ethnic oriented person, my nairaland archives is your witness.

Is covering our hair an alien culture?
Did she put on Qatari or Saudi traditional wear? ptwuu
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by veil: 10:57am On Mar 01, 2016
I keep wondering how it got to this, the fact that we have a whole lot Of educated illiterate youths in this country. Of what importimportance is whether Adeosun covers or does not cover her head to us?

4 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Topestbilly(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2016
victorazy:

Did Buhari agree to remove his cap during church service with his vice?

Good.... and does Christianity forbid wearing cap? If yes, Why does Pop Francis got his cap on 24/7?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Eebrahym(m): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2016
sdindan:
Op are you okay?

Must you defend everything.

So females should open their heads during winter

typical zombie
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you are fine

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Irore: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:
So Ms. Adeosun should wear veil because white people are wearing it?. This's exactly what mental slavery is!!

We have a mind of our own!. White man is not a standard for doing anything!.

Good talk. Jesus is the standard. By the way, Why confuse headgear/scarf with face shield? These are two things serving different purposes. Veil covers face while use of scarf to cover head by women is in line with the scriptures i.e the Bible.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by So4baba(m): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2016
marshborn:
Look properly at all these pictures, women are fashion conscious by nature, all the hijabs and scarfs worn rhymes with their clothing. Meaning that they had it in mind to wear them voluntarily. Now look at kemi's own, this was clearly a last minute imposition by someone. The hijab doesn't go with her clothes, it is not even worn properly at all, meaning she did not intend on wearing one, if not she would have sought something that rhymes better with her attire. Just a personal observation sha.
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by obailala(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2016
Some humans are just to daft beyond human comprehension. How can a human with a brain in his skull be convulsing over the decision of a Nigerian woman to put a cloth over her head in respect of the culture of a Muslim country she visits? If some of you like, you are free to go with your mothers and sisters stark naked to Saudi Arabia, it's a free world. But don't insult the sensibilities of sensible humans with your folly.

I haven't seen a single thread opened to discuss the contents of the agreement signed with Qatar, instead since yesterday all we've been up and about with is why Adeosun should put a cloth over her head. And this is the sort of brains driving the so called opposition in Nigeria?... Nigeria is really in trouble.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by marshborn(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2016
So4baba:

How old are you?
Old enough
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by obailala(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2016
seunajia:

Frankly, I don't know TF y'all are on about. All these because someone put on a scarf??

Nigerians at home do such things everyday, Muslims go to churches to attend their friends weddings and observe all the required etiquettes, Christians provide prayer space for their Muslim friends in their homes when it is time to do so.

Heck! Foreign dignitaries go to Nigeria and put on our attires!!! Ciara is going about in Iro and Buba at the moment.

But you find it so repulsive to see an adult put on a scarf, most likely out of her freewill, yet you claim what again?

Is this a manifestation of joblessness, village mentality, ne'er do well-ism, bigotry or all the above?
I think it's just a chronic self esteem issue.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Wizabakar(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2016
Blackfire:
What is there to respect in Islam?
Peace

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Codyt(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:
[s]Adeosun should wear veil because white people are wearing it?. This's exactly what mental slavery is!![/s]

We have a mind of our own!. White man is not a standard for doing anything!.
Adeosun should wear veil because she's in their country, which is also a custom to their religion.
Why in the world must you ever think this way? Why!

Not cool
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Codyt(m): 11:20am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

I cannot be one of the people to say she should use it because white people are using it. And, that's exactly what I'm still saying here.

I said "White man is not a standard for doing anything!". This means she should continue dressing as a Yoruba woman whether white people like it or not, whether white people use veil or not.

How many white people have ever dressed like this to Nigeria?.

Is Nigeria made up of yoruba culture only? undecided Msteew
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by khattab02: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2016
chei! Some gullible Naijas eh!.... Always creating problems from nothing!!!

#indeed Ignorance is a disease that spreads faster than cholera.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by EazyMoh(m): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2016
Vig86:
Muslims should also learn to respect other peoples' culture/religion. I know that no muslim woman can ever remove her veil for such course.
There is a very big difference. It's Haram (forbidden) for a Muslimah not to cover her hair, but is it forbidden for a Christian lady to cover her hair? No! it's not, in fact it's encouraged.
Bottom line, by covering her hair a Christian is not committing sin; but by uncovering hers a Muslimah is committing sin. Understand?

4 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Blackfire(m): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2016
Wizabakar:
Peace

view post, *laugh hysterically* puts my hands inside palm oil, and rubs it on military man uniform.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2016
We should stop playing childish opposition . Not fan of APC but the rant over Kemi wearing a scarf was so unnecessary even if she was the only one who did it. Those of us who are Christians,born in the core north have jalabiyas as a must have in our wardrobes. When I visited the national mosque,I did same. You wouldn't want to look odd in an environment you don't belong to.
Some said she was forced to sign a document written in Arabic,well,we need a copy or clear picture to prove that.

6 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by JAYMIC: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2016
Blackfire:
What is there to respect in Islam?
Iam not a muslim but i must say that you are stupid 4 sayin dat. Ppl like u r d reason y dia is no respect 4 each odas religion. Fool indeed.! Getout odonyor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Wizabakar(m): 11:32am On Mar 01, 2016
Blackfire:

view post, *laugh hysterically* puts my hands inside palm oil, and rubs it on military man uniform.
if u hav respect for peace then u have for islam directly or indirectly.thats all i can say to u bro.

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Blackfire(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2016
JAYMIC:

Iam not a muslim but i must say that you are stupid 4 sayin dat. Ppl like u r d reason y dia is no respect 4 each odas religion. Fool indeed.! Getout odonyor

a simple question was asked,instead of u to answer or keep quiet, u choose to exhibit sommerbulism.
Maraga pi.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Naff24(f): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2016
Topestbilly:

He didn't see dis one, it's dat one Michelle not covering her hair he could Google searched.

Hypocrisy is a disease..

Am not a Wailer nor a zombie Al I need is a good governance

Lastly, not a religion bigot.
How I wish I can like dis comment more than once, I would have shower u with countless likes kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by dammytosh: 11:40am On Mar 01, 2016
Topestbilly:

Hypocrisy is a disease..

Am not a Wailer nor a zombie Al I need is a good governance

Lastly, not a religion bigot

100000000000000000000 Likes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

There is a very big difference. It's Haram (forbidden) for a Muslimah not to cover her hair, but is it forbidden for a Christian lady to cover her hair? No! it's not, in fact it's encouraged.
Bottom line, by covering her hair a Christian is not committing sin; but by uncovering hers a Muslimah is committing sin. Understand?
I understand your point. I used the topic to imply that nonmuslims compromise a lot.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Topestbilly(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2016
Naff24:

How I wish I can like dis comment more than once, I would have shower u with countless likes kiss kiss kiss

Thanks ma'am.. appreciate smiley

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by buchichukwu69: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2016
Have you googled to check the internet?

You are fool!

Goddex:
[size=35pt]Photoshopped[/size]
Zombies will do everything to cover their shame

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by clickwtB(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2016
LETS RESPECT EACH OTHER AND SELF MODERATE,IS THIS TOO HARD!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce With His Adopted Son, Jonathan (Photo) / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / Suffering And Smiling: Nigerians Blast I Stand With Buhari Group (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.