Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:04 PM

In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman (10523 Views)

Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others / Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Iyamar(f): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2016
guywitzerogal:
as long as s North abi? Smh
Are they not human? Beside they are christian from southern kaduna state
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by nike4love: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2016
Some ppl value cattle more than human lives,that is our problem presently.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by DrAdonis: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2016
Sijo01:
Ebola did not kill up to one quarter of lassa befor it was eradicated.

Someone wake up the Minster of health from slumber.

The monkeys that transmit Ebola don't reside with us so it's more of human to human transmission while the vector of lassa fever is rats, and they are everywhere. So they are 2 different things entirely and lassa fever will be more difficult to control in a short while.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by DutchNegro(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2016
WarRLaY:
The problem with eradication of Lassa fever is that will don't believe it's real

This is quite the truth of the matter. A lot of people still don't bliv lassa is for real. Last night i was with an elderly woman(educated) and she said lassa is not for real, that its just people using their tongues to call evil upon themselves. People in my area still eat rat leftovers. I guess the govt should start educating people on this one!
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Gkemz: 8:49am On Mar 01, 2016
Medical practitioners are always at a very high risk of contacting these endemics
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Missmossy(f): 8:56am On Mar 01, 2016
Ouch really disheartening. Such a loss.

2 Likes

Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by phrida(f): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2016
Please oo is this lassa fever contagious?.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by guywitzerogal(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2016
Iyamar:
Are they not human? Beside they are christian from southern kaduna state
pls ask dat dude oooo even if d re Muslim d re still human
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by kay29000(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

Yes maam, Ebola was repelled from coming into Nigeria.....
But Lassa fever is our very own, was discovered, bred and brought up in Lassa village in Nigeria.

We can actually export it to other nations sef. Just praying it could be nipped it in the board this time again.
Wake up! Dear Minister of Health.

Lassa fever is generic to Lassa village in Nigeria where twas discovered in the 1980s, was suppressed long ago.
Like you said, was it released by some wicked and corrupt multinatinals? This we can't tell because the resurgence could have been as a result of re-introduction of the virus 'stolen' from a laboratory.
Uncool!

Check my signature happy people.

Okay. Thanks for this information.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Iyamar(f): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2016
guywitzerogal:
pls ask dat dude oooo even if d re Muslim d re still human
Don't mind him... He doesn't have human feeling.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Saintp(m): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2016
DrAdonis:

Learn to do intelligent comparison, the monkeys that transmit Ebola don't reside with us so it's more of human to human transmission while the vector of lassa fever is rats, and they are everywhere. So they are 2 different things entirely and lassa fever will be very difficult to control in a short while.
Are all rats carriers of the lassa virus? i ask because rats have been living with people since the beginning of times. If so, then more than 80% of families should have been infected now. i think there is more to these than we don't know
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by jaybee(f): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Kaduna ??
I don't care.

I'm from Kaduna, in the vicinity of this tragedy.

I'm shocked by this comment, but not surprised. This is Nigeria.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by ezinnelity(f): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2016
Abeg make una dey fear "olajunmoke bread" before she infect narialand with lassa fever.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by jaybee(f): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Kaduna ??
I don't care.

People beware of this mutating irritant. it is a candidate to test the availability of moderators in this forum.

Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by DrAdonis: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2016
Saintp:

Are all rats carriers of the lassa virus? i ask because rats have been living with people since the beginning of times. If so, then more than 80% of families should have been infected now. i think there is more to these than we don't know

It's only multimammate rats that are vectors of lassa fever virus and it's not all multi mammate rats that are infected with the virus.

The natural habitat of these rats is bushy areas and they can always leave their natural habitat to households when there's any disturbance there (like bush burning).

So that explains why the prevalence is low.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Saintp(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2016
DrAdonis:

It's only multimammate rats that are vectors of lassa fever virus and it's not all multi mammate rats that are infected with the virus.

The natural habitat of these rats is bushy areas and they can always leave their natural habitat to households when there's any disturbance there (like bush burning).

So that explains why the prevalence is low.
Wao, thanks for this enlightenment. Never knew this all this time. Now at what point is infection to human common? is it when the infected rat defecates on food, eat the food etc?
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by bgwin2016(m): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2016
Rip Dr ogboji kelechi.You lived a worthy life, may God grant you eternal rest Amen.
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by DrAdonis: 11:46am On Mar 01, 2016
Saintp:

Wao, thanks for this enlightenment. Never knew this all this time. Now at what point is infection to human common? is it when the infected rat defecates on food, eat the food etc?

You're welcome, we are all learning. It's when the rats' faeces and urine contaminates food and such food is eaten. An infected person can also transmit the infection through his/her body fluids like blood, urine, vomitus etc
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Damianbrown(m): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2016
stancod:
u dey kafanchan
no I dae sabon Tasha
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by jordyspices: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
In my room dis is wat happened CAT:chai see dis rat oh if no be say I dey fast I for don chop u RAT: tah comot dere u dey fear lassa fever grin
Re: In Kaduna, Lassa Fever Kills Nurse, Pregnant Woman by Ray333(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
No b 4 kaf oooo na 4 zonkwa a little distance frm kaf
stancod:
u dey kafanchan

(1) (2) (Reply)

10,000 Nigerians Regain Sight Through Free Cataract Surgery By Federal Ministry / 10 Global Health Challenges To Watch Out For In 2019 / Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.