Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

"Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo (6394 Views)

Truth Be Told Igbos And Hausas Need Their Own Country / MTN-MTN-MTN: Please Help Me Beg, I Don't Need Their N2,000,000 / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
Dokubo’s Group Rejects Yar’Adua’s Amnesty
From Ahamefula Ogbu in Port Harcourt, 07.12.2009

The Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Front (NDPSF) headed by Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo yesterday rose from its General Assembly in Golf Palace Hotel, Port Harcourt with a resolution to reject the amnesty offered by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
The NDPSF said that since none of its members has been convicted of any criminal offence, there was no basis for them to accept the amnesty but however, condemned they, criminality in the Niger Delta region for which they said the amnesty was offered.
“There is no basis for accepting the amnesty as no member of the Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Front has been convicted for any criminal offence and therefore do not deserve amnesty,” they said.
On his personal note, Asari said that amnesty will not usher in the expected peace since those who took guns for the protection of the region later turned them against the people they were supposed to protect.
“Amnesty will usher in open killings. You know that the people know those who killed their people, raped their women and girls and burnt their houses and in the name of amnesty you come and stay alive to enjoy the stolen loot. Despite the amnesty, there will be killings,” he said.
In an apparent reference to the activity of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, which has been blowing up pipelines in the region, the group said they do not believe in destroying pipelines which also impact negatively on the environment, adding that what is destroyed in the environment cannot be repaired.
Asari said that when he rose up in arms against the oil companies in the region, without breaking pipelines, he was able to stop oil export and that no activity that tends towards polluting the environment would be approved by his group.
According to him, “when I travelled abroad each group I met on our predicament condemned the breaking of pipelines as they say that we are as guilty as the oil companies which destroy environments since we spill oil into it.”

They insist we can advance our case without destroying the environment. We are strongly against the breaking of oil pipelines which destroy the environment”.
The Assembly called for the withdrawal of the Joint Military Task Force from the region in addition to being made to account for the rights abuses they have visited on the people who they alleged were yet to be rehabilitated.
“The NDPSF demands for the immediate withdrawal of soldiers from the Niger Delta region. We also ask for the JTF to account for extra judicial execution of our people and raping of our daughters under the pretext of combating crime and also demand for the rehabilitation of our families and property destroyed. We condemn all criminal activities of some persons in the Niger Delta; such people that commit such offences as murder, kidnapping, arson, rape and such others as cannot consummate our aspiration”, they said.
The group said they were stepping up their struggle through capturing political power from where they will push for total control of resources in the State of their control and vowed to get power by hook or crook in the 2011 polls.
Asari said they will adopt a political party which will only serve as a platform to attain power since their organisation; Peoples Salvation Force was refused registration in 2006. He further said they will field an Ikwerre person to wrest power from any party in power though he foreclosed the use of the Peoples Democratic Party for such aspirations.
They particularly condemned electoral bodies which subvert the will of the people by not making the votes of the people count and warned that they will not only resist any such future attempt but rise to fight it.
“We are organizing to take the political power. We have already asked people to start mobilizing at the grassroots in Rivers State. We shall meet in a General Assembly and pick the party to joint to achieve our goal. We shall field our candidates for all positions up for contest. If they want us to have a free and fair election, we will have it but if they want to play pranks with the election, we will play pranks. If they want it in magomago way we will be ready for them and if they want it in a clean way, we will be ready for them”, he vowed.
On how to achieve the aim of the Niger Delta people, he canvassed for an alliance with Igbos who he said have the know-how, the population and zeal but not the resources for self determination.
He said he grew up being asked by his mother to hate Igbos but that it was not right since they were their next door neighbours and if one was not in good terms with his neighbours, he finds it difficult to win a war.
“Igbos are not our enemies, we need their number. If Biafra had won the war, we would not have been where we are now. We cannot win the war we are fighting without Igbos so we should reach out to them. We need their support.
If the Igbos do not come to us, we will go to them, they are our neighbours and the people who put enmity between us and them are the problems that we are suffering from. We should make peace with them”, he said.

Yerima Shettima, the Chairman of Arewa Forum in the region said it was wrong to group the North as an entity being against the interest of the South-South region but reminded the forum that the same cabal in power that impoverished the north more than the south was the cause of the problem.
He said there were many people that support the ideals of the region pointing out that he was arrested and detained for supporting the course. He advised the region not to be slack in their ways as the battles may soon be hotter since they were assured of victory in the end.
He condemned the position canvassed by Bala Ibn Na-Allah that the region was less than 20 million and should be done away with for peace to reign; pointing that if the same was said of the north, he would not like it

[http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=148492]

And the wheels on the bus go round. . . . . . . . . hopefully. . . . . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
this thread will reach 10 pages.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

Lovely, apart from that what are your thoughts?
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by presido1: 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
They new all along that the Igbos are not their enemy but were deceived by their real enemy to believe such. Now that they have seen the light the truth is coming out.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
ezeagu:

Lovely, apart from that what are your thoughts?

My thoughts. . . .Maybe he should ask edwin clarke.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

bwahahahahaha. . . .

Well said Asari. . . .nothing can be done without the Igbos. . . . I know he was talking of Ateke and all the other bastards hoping for amnesty. . . . we will not forget their evil deeds. . .

I dont agree with NDPSF going for 2011 elections sha. . . . that one na extra wahala for everybody head. . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by udezue(m): 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
Oh wow!!! and people were talking rubbish when it was reported that he was in good terms with Uwazuruike. Its refreshing to know that we have Ijaw people who are looking back and realizing that past mistakes should be fixed. I was just discussing this with a friend and its time that we bridge the gap.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hmm, looks like Igbo/Biafra thread frequenters haven't jumped on this one like the others. . . . . . . .I wonder why?  smiley

udezue:

Oh wow!!! and people were talking rubbish when it was reported that he was in good terms with Uwazuruike. Its refreshing to know that we have Ijaw people who are looking back and realizing that past mistakes should be fixed. I was just discussing this with a friend and its time that we bridge the gap.

The east is a really isolated secluded area, and people there (our people) can be very private and secretive, they have probably been working on their relationships without us even knowing what was going on there. Shows how much "Igbo experts" on nairaland know. . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by blacksta(m): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
When did Asari become a spoken person for the people of Niger delta. I dont trust this guy at all. A militant that went for medical check up in Germany
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
blacksta:

When did Asari become a spoken person for the people of Niger delta.  I dont trust this guy at all. A militant that went for medical check up in Germany

Thank you for saying that because you have just bitten, I've reeled you in, and your currently gasping for air on my deck.  wink grin angry shocked Wow, should have opened this thread earlier. . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Onlytruth(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
The final solution to all Nigeria's ills seems to have started.  There was never a divide between the Ijaw and the Igbo historically. If this alliance works, the Niger delta will finally get 100% resource control. Igboman hates injustice! A united EAST can bring justice to all parts of Nigeria.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by blacksta(m): 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
ezeagu:

Thank you for saying that because you have just bitten, I've reeled you in, and your currently gasping for air on my deck.  wink grin angry shocked Wow, should have opened this thread earlier. . . .

Abeg throw me back into water - i have nothing against any tribe in Nigeria. We are one although their are trust issues.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ikeyman00(m): 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
commmot for way plz

move  move abeg

ahah clearin my throat

become-manipulator

oya

anaylise the post by the all the bearins and elavation in respect to ur created map
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by AloyEmeka9: 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

BecomeRich alone can write 10 pages. We are projecting about 25 pages.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ikeyman00(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
remove, yoruba,edo,bayelsea to benin

ahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

oh godddddddddddddd

abeg oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oga oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
If Asari is serious with this i feel he needs to convice other niger deltans more than he needs to cinvice igbos.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ikeyman00(m): 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
when did becomerich become spoke man for the oduduwa

a man that left and has been residin in canada with his family
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by asha80(m): 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ezeagu your link is not working.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Abagworo(m): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
you see am!there was this thread i started on why igbos and ijaws must unite and it was moved to culture section.i started it after reading an interesting ijaw article and realised that we igbos and ijaws were used against each other.we did slave trade together,palm oil trade together and formed many of our sub-groups together.we also ended up contributing crude in nigeria together.this true self realisation is a moment of horror to the rest of nigeria.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Abagworo(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2009
tayo4lif

Why Do Igbos Hate ijaw
« on: Today at 06:44:46 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do Igbos hate MEND, ameachi

The quote above by tayo4life is one of the strategies employed by other nigerians against us.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 12:16am On Jul 15, 2009
Abagworo:

The quote above by tayo4life is one of the strategies employed by other nigerians against us.

Strategy? Thats an insult to it. Unluckily for them this is a random (no offense Seun) internet forum.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by udezue(m): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2009
LOL we used to fall for such nonsense but NEVER.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2009
He said he grew up being asked by his mother to hate Igbos

shocked shocked

so na true osisi talk the other time when she said Ijaws with Igbo mothers and grandmothers are raised to hate Igbos. I thought she was exaggerating as is her wont.

make una siddon talk oh! Peace must reign between una!
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Batubo(m): 1:09am On Jul 15, 2009
Asari Dokubo should Shut up! angry
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ikeyman00(m): 1:11am On Jul 15, 2009
really

i think if anyone has to

then it u!! simple thing
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Afam(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2009
ezeagu:

[color=#990000]On how to achieve the aim of the Niger Delta people, he canvassed for an alliance with Igbos who he said have the know-how, the population and zeal but not the [b]resources for self determination.[/b]

Wrong! The Igbos have the resources for self determination unless I don't understand what he means by resources.

In spite of the criminal transfer of oil producing communities in Igboland to Rivers when the state was created it is common knowledge that while Imo and Abia have crude oil and as a matter of fact are part of the 9 oil producing states in Nigeria that Anambra sits on a considerable amount of crude oil which for obvious reasons the FG has termed strategic reserve just to avoid empowering the East by exploiting the crude oil there.

Move to Enugu state and you will find very high quality coal. Interestingly you can use this coal as a foundation for a viable steel industry by just getting iron (that we will gladly pay for from anywhere) and you can certainly use coal to produce crude oil by hydrogenating the coal. South Africa produces oil this way so we have more than enough resources to want to stay on our own if Nigeria cannot be far to everyone.

The Igbos do not need special treatment, they are not interested in favoritism, all they ask for is fair play because an average Igbo man will succeed and survive anywhere as long as there is equity and fair play.

So, Biafra failed because there were betrayals from our own neighbours and brothers in the South South. Even Bakassi was ceded to Cameroun for the part that country played in blocking food supplies into Biafra that led the to killing of many innocent men, women and children through starvation.

Take a trip to Ebonyi and you will find a state blessed with many natural resources like limestone and they state can practically feed all the Igbo states.

Let the Niger Delta say what they want to say about making peace with the Igbos but none of them should ever make the statement that the Igbos cannot sustain themselves even if only the core 5 Igbos states are left on their own because not only do we have enough natural resources we also have the human capital, zeal and intelligence to turn a nation into a vibrant and progressing one.

Love the Igbos or hate them but you can certainly not ignore them.

Peace to all lovers of equity, justice and fair play!
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by obiem(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2009
becoomrich:

first of us, i am very careful when i read thisday newspaper. they twist the truth in favour of the igbos. since it is an igbo newspaper.

Last time i checked, This Day newspapers MD's Nduka Obiagbena, from Delta state.  He's delta igbo, majority of whom do not accept the fact that they were originally igbos that migrated back in time.

Don't want to think Asari's opinions were brandished to suit This Day's discourse, well we'll see if that be the case cos Asari reserves the right to sue 'em for misquoting him.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ikeyman00(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2009
^^^^^

keep checkin oo

na u sabi
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
obiem:

Last time i checked, This Day newspapers MD's Nduka Obiagbena, from Delta state.  He's delta igbo, majority of whom do not accept the fact that they were originally igbos that migrated back in time.

Don't want to think Asari's opinions were brandished to suit This Day's discourse, well we'll see if that be the case cos Asari reserves the right to sue 'em for misquoting him.

That would be the most blatant and transparent agenda pushing this national paper has ever done if its true right? I doubt this is fake because this realisation was going to happen anyway. . . . . . . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ScanLess: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
Asari thank you for saying the truth about Biafra grin. ogoli luo di abuo o mara nke ka ya mma heh he he!
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by NINETOFIVE(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2009
Well is natural for People to at a point start thinking, start to find the reason for the disunity of the SE/SS, if they could not lay their hands on any tangible reason, then they would subsequently start asking the right questions which is what is beginning to happen.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Epiphany(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
Afam:

Wrong! The Igbos have the resources for self determination unless I don't understand what he means by resources.

In spite of the criminal transfer of oil producing communities in Igboland to Rivers when the state was created it is common knowledge that while Imo and Abia have crude oil and as a matter of fact are part of the 9 oil producing states in Nigeria that Anambra sits on a considerable amount of crude oil which for obvious reasons the FG has termed strategic reserve just to avoid empowering the East by exploiting the crude oil there.

Move to Enugu state and you will find very high quality coal. Interestingly you can use this coal as a foundation for a viable steel industry by just getting iron (that we will gladly pay for from anywhere) and you can certainly use coal to produce crude oil by hydrogenating the coal. South Africa produces oil this way so we have more than enough resources to want to stay on our own if Nigeria cannot be far to everyone.

The Igbos do not need special treatment, they are not interested in favoritism, all they ask for is fair play because an average Igbo man will succeed and survive anywhere as long as there is equity and fair play.

So, Biafra failed because there were betrayals from our own neighbours and brothers in the South South. Even Bakassi was ceded to Cameroun for the part that country played in blocking food supplies into Biafra that led the to killing of many innocent men, women and children through starvation.

Take a trip to Ebonyi and you will find a state blessed with many natural resources like limestone and they state can practically feed all the Igbo states.

Let the Niger Delta say what they want to say about making peace with the Igbos but none of them should ever make the statement that the Igbos cannot sustain themselves even if only the core 5 Igbos states are left on their own because not only do we have enough natural resources we also have the human capital, zeal and intelligence to turn a nation into a vibrant and progressing one.

Love the Igbos or hate them but you can certainly not ignore them.

Peace to all lovers of equity, justice and fair play!

Good man, good man. Well said bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8-Mobile-Policemen Arrested For Mounting Illegal Check-Points / Whatsapp Group For political Discussion For Youths / My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.