Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

"Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo (6403 Views)

Truth Be Told Igbos And Hausas Need Their Own Country / MTN-MTN-MTN: Please Help Me Beg, I Don't Need Their N2,000,000 / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by AloyEmeka9: 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2009
tpia.:

shocked shocked

so na true osisi talk the other time when she said Ijaws with Igbo mothers and grandmothers are raised to hate Igbos. I thought she was exaggerating as is her wont.

make una siddon talk oh! Peace must reign between una!

Eeyaa, tpiah wants peace to reign between igbos and ijaws. She for once is believing osisi and quoting her. What a peacemaker she is.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by presido1: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
Chief and Lolo Alloy Tpia Emeke shocked shocked shocked
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by OYBMEND: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2009
If there is a vote for 100% resource control for South-South by the Senate, Igbo Senators will vote for that 100%

If there is a vote in the House of Rep, Igbo Representatives will vote for that 100%

If there is a referendum, we can trust the Igbos to give us a block vote on resource control.

I learnt the same thing too as Asari to dislike the Igbos, but recent truths and facts show that the Igbos were actually not the problem.
Those afraid of resource control and devolution are the problem and have always been.

The previous lies and propaganda simply could not last forever, I thank God the truth is begining to come out.

We are here to bear withness this time
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by AloyEmeka9: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2009
presido1:

Chief and Lolo Alloy Tpia Emeke shocked shocked shocked
Keeping trying to shove down your 43 year old sister down my throat and I will keep spitting her out. Dem send you? grin grin grin
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by sley4life(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2009
Right. We are one & together we shall achieve our goal. Biafra is for all of us
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Ijawman(m): 12:59am On Jul 16, 2009
So Tpia na old cargo. Wetin she dey find for internet? Ashewo kobo kobo grin
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by sley4life(m): 2:23am On Jul 16, 2009
Asari Dokubo is right with his comment and I support him for that because some folks come here to cause enemity btw the 2 tribe
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ssosisi: 2:30am On Jul 16, 2009
On how to achieve the aim of the Niger Delta people, he canvassed for an alliance with Igbos who he said have the know-how, the population and zeal but not the resources for self determination.
He said he grew up being asked by his mother to hate Igbos but that it was not right since they were their next door neighbours and if one was not in good terms with his neighbours, he finds it difficult to win a war.
“Igbos are not our enemies, we need their number. If Biafra had won the war, we would not have been where we are now. We cannot win the war we are fighting without Igbos so we should reach out to them. We need their support.“If the Igbos do not come to us, we will go to them, they are our neighbours and the people who put enmity between us and them are the problems that we are suffering from. We should make peace with them”, he said.

OYB_MEND:

If there is a vote for 100% resource control for South-South by the Senate, Igbo Senators will vote for that 100%

If there is a vote in the House of Rep, Igbo Representatives will vote for that 100%

If there is a referendum, we can trust the Igbos to give us a block vote on resource control.

[b]I learnt the same thing too as Asari to dislike the Igbos, but recent truths and facts show that the Igbos were actually not the problem.[/b]Those afraid of resource control and devolution are the problem and have always been.

The previous lies and propaganda simply could not last forever, I thank God the truth is begining to come out.

I never thought I'll live to read this from Ijaws.
I hope Adaka Boro is finally resting in  peace since his people now know the truth he  knew and denied for a promise of looted property.
Those who eat with the devil ought to come with long forks, did they not hear that adage?
Igbos have never been the enemy of the Ijaw man.
Thanks God you folks now realise that we have a common enemy
The truth aways prevails
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by grafikdon: 3:30am On Jul 16, 2009
becoomrich:

oyb mend, i can tell you that the igbos would never back 100% resource control in nigeria. the igbos do not have much to gain in resource control.

even not all state in the south south would back it. what does edo  or cross rivers state gain from it.

the issue is not resource control. the issue is freedom, na money no reach na him una dey call for resource control. mouth plenty.

In benin republic i can asure you oil derivation would be 50%. Can the north offer you that.

The issue is not even money, how much can your freedom be worth.
If you igbos do not want to remain with the north, then have your biafra or decide if una want to join benin republic and stop shouting biafra. so that we know those who are on our side.

ezeuga , he be like say you no know Nduka Obiagbena? Nduka Obiagbena is the mouth piece of President yar adua.  if you see Nduka Obiagbena , you don see yar adua. Go ask very well. Nduka Obiagbena = President yar adua.  when ever you hear Nduka Obiagbena say anything knows it is coming from president yar adua. Nduka Obiagbena access code or password is called segun adeniyi.  you get the computer joke.

This news is obviously detrimental to becomerich's health.  grin grin grin I am sure he will sacrifice his sleep to ''prove'' Asari did not and WILL NEVER make such comments. It's very hard for him to accept that nobody gives a fig about his numerous infantile drivel. . . grin grin  I feel your pain, bro.  cheesy

OSUKOSU NWA MKPI!!! Becomerich, Ntooooooo!!!! Becomerich, Mmeeeeeee!!!!  Ofo gi aji imi, ije daba n'umi. . . (If e pain you, go jump inside well grinlipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by AloyEmeka9: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2009
becoomrich:

ezeuga , he be like say you no know Nduka Obiagbena? Nduka Obiagbena is the mouth piece of President yar adua.  if you see Nduka Obiagbena , you don see yar adua. Go ask very well. Nduka Obiagbena = President yar adua.  when ever you hear Nduka Obiagbena say anything knows it is coming from president yar adua. Nduka Obiagbena access code or password is called segun adeniyi.  you get the computer joke.

When did Nduka become an igbo man? Is he no more the Delatan you claim tare not igbos or will you align him to igbos only when you think whatever he represents is evil?. Where is tpiah[ Delta igbo expert] to  help us clarify this issue?
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by jayflex: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2009
Dokubo's statement at least shows a shift in a previously anti-igbo mindset he had, its going to be interesting to see if his view will hold any water especially as there's been over forty years of hatred and distrust of igbos in the south-south. The north played an excellent divide and rule game that has outlasted the civil war for 39 years
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by banom(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
I think this is just the begining, one day the whole Nigeria will need the Igbos.

Shameless people, when thinks gets out of hand you know need the Igbos you once claimed were your enemies.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2009
jayflex:

Dokubo's statement at least shows a shift in a previously anti-igbo mindset he had, its going to be interesting to see if his view will hold any water especially as there's been over forty years of hatred and distrust of igbos in  the south-south. The north played an excellent divide and rule game that has outlasted the civil war for 39 years

As Dokubo has noted himself, its in the best interest of the Ijaw to squash their baseless hate for the Igbo, the quicker this little time of destabilisation between the two ethnicities is moved on from, the better for both parties.

By the way, I'm quite surprised nairaland users haven't jumped on this thread like other Igbo/ND/Biafra thread, perhaps its because a positive thing is happening. . . . . . . . . In that case maybe I'm not that surprised. . . . . . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ssosisi: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2009
tpia.:

shocked shocked

so na true osisi talk the other time when she said Ijaws with Igbo mothers and grandmothers are raised to hate Igbos. I thought she was exaggerating as is her wont.

make una siddon talk oh! Peace must reign between una!

people can call me names but liar is not one of them.I have proof of anything I say here.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2009
$$osisi:

people can call me names but liar is not one of them.I have proof of anything I say here.

smiley
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by sley4life(m): 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
Dokubo spoke well
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by tkb417(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2009
When did a thief become the spokesman of the NDs? He now wants to start contesting elections? LOL!!! See brainwashing! Dude na thief abeg
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
tkb417:

When did a thief become the spokesman of the NDs? He now wants to start contesting elections? LOL!!! See brainwashing! Dude na thief abeg

undecided
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2009
In Dokubo's mind this seems a shrewd move, in politics there is no permanent friend, no permanent enemy only common interest. However this common interest is not the same as a shared ideology (please look at PDP or AC divisions).
The South South philosophy is constantly evolving. Asari is not the force he once was, He is now looking for political relevance and preparing his base. He recently took part in the Mega summit Party meeting with Enahoro and others.

The whole 'we need their numbers' theory is flawed on 3 levels:
1. It doesn't come across as sincere or genuine, merely a marriage of convenience.
2. It is repeating the mistakes of the past 'the i plenty pass you syndrome' and the marginalisation of other ethnicities.
3. If autonomy and resource control are the goal then population is totally irrelevant, look at Kuwait.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by ezeagu(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2009
SapeleGuy:

3. If autonomy and resource control are the goal then population is totally irrelevant, look at Kuwait.

Kuwait hasn't got a whole nation waiting to blow them to shreds in order to collect what belongs to Kuwait. . . . . . .
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Eziachi: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
OYB_MEND:

If there is a referendum,  we can trust the Igbos to give us a block vote on resource control.

I learnt the same thing too as Asari to dislike the Igbos, but recent truths and facts show that the Igbos were actually not the problem.
Those afraid of resource control and devolution are the problem and have always been.

Have you forgotten about Obasajos ill fated Abuja conference? And before the conference, the whole south met in Enugu, where they agreed to ask for 50% derivates at the conference with 25% as immediate start. Not knowing that Obasanjo wanted the conference just to rubber stamp his long stay in power and has nothing to do with resources control issue.
But however, when the issue of resources control arose, all Igbo representative did as agreed in Enugu but surprisingly, but south west delegates without any warning, change their stance and start supporting 17% initiated by most northerners and the South South delegates finally out of frustration walked out of the conference when Umaru Dikko labelled them "THE AREA MEN" in a heated exchange. And the conference ended

Our non Igbo Easterners have to redirect their psyche that had been crooked for years as Asari's was, to hate Igbos and that Igbos are their problem. Unfortunately many had believed this wicked theory and lived with it unfortunately. And some that had sold that theory like Edwin clarke is still very much alive today.
Owners of Nigeria knew that as long as they wedge a gap between Igbos and their neighbours, that is the only way they will continue to rip what doesn't belongs to them.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by hackney(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2009
We even send whether people like us or not?
Na like we go eat go sleep?
Abegi
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Bialegend(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2009
The idiot Yoruba fool is still spewing his garbage that Nduka Obiagbena is Igbo. So Nduka Obiagbena is not longer Anioma or Delta Igbo as they use to call them and insist they are not Igbo? Since when did Nduka Obiagbena become Igbo in the eyes of Yoruba fools? A case of when it suits them and when it doesn't suit them. Ewu awusa dem.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2009
ezeagu:

Kuwait hasn't got a whole nation waiting to blow them to shreds in order to collect what belongs to Kuwait. . . . . . .

Iraq tried but thats besides the point. My point was on population, Iceland has a poulation of 500,000. Kuwait 2,500,000. Therefore Asari's point of 'we need their numbers' doesn't make sense, there must be an ulterior motive.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:39am On Jul 19, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Iraq tried but thats besides the point. My point was on population, Iceland has a poulation of 500,000. Kuwait 2,500,000. Therefore Asari's point of 'we need their numbers' doesn't make sense, there must be an ulterior motive.

Unless you are expecting some magic, but if what the Niger Delta is fighting for at last would go through some sort of political settlement or process, then it should not be that difficult to see what he is driving at, not a rocket science I presume, besides the Igbos would not be in hurry to to be used, so I don't see any reason to be worried.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Becomrich: 12:52am On Jul 19, 2009
so asari mean na only the number we need. real they are not our enermy, but they are the one that are abusive toward us. And i wonder why they cant stop. without they cant never be president. and instead of trying to be our friend. they are abusive towards us. even the northerner are not verbally abusive towards the yorubas like the igbos. cant they get it that because they are abusive to every nigerian and proud that why other nigerian do not want to vote for them.,
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by NINETOFIVE(m): 1:05am On Jul 19, 2009
Becomrich:

so asari mean na only the number we need. real they are not our enermy, but they are the one that are abusive toward us. And i wonder why they cant stop. without they cant never be president. and instead of trying to be our friend. they are abusive towards us. even the northerner are not verbally abusive towards the yorubas like the igbos. cant they get it that because they are abusive to every nigerian and proud that why other nigerian do not want to vote for them.,

Is so unfair to everyone on Nairaland, when a psychotic idiot continues not to make sense.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by bawomolo(m): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2009
it's strange how you guys pass the blame to one another while calling for unity. 

the first step to unity is accepting we all have flaws.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by NegroNtns(m): 4:18am On Jul 19, 2009
Negro is watching to see how political savviness will play out in this joint.

while you are at it, remember this. . . it makes no difference who makes the law of a nation or who occupies the Presidency, the utmost power rest in the hands of the person that controls the currency. That's just a metaphor. . . something to think about!
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Dede1(m): 4:27am On Jul 19, 2009
I have long concluded that Becomerich is very lazy sycophant. The dude’s tendency to disseminate unfounded and wild allegations of the Ndidgbo’s maltreatment of their minority neighbors is daunting. It was only in the former eastern region of Nigeria that minorities were head of government, secretary to government, leader in house of chiefs, minister of justice and attorney-general and many other authoritative positions.

Such balanced and judicious appointments were neither found in western region nor northern region of Nigeria. It was very humiliating to Oba of Benin as his presence was not even recognized in western house of assembly during famous speech accredited to the then governor of western region, Oba Adeniji.

Ndigbo have never treated minorities in the then eastern region of Nigeria with contempt, especially the Ijo (Kalabri and Okirika). It most be noted as a fact that the great grandmothers and grandmothers of many Ijo peeps were Ndigbo. Asari Dokubo’s great grandmother and grandmother were Igbo ladies.

The so-called maltreatments of the minorities in the then eastern region of Nigeria by Ndigbo were fallacies manufactured and pounded into the consciousness of so-called minorities by the detractors of the eastern region. I hope with time, the shells will begin to fall off the eyes of the so-called minorities of former eastern region of Nigeria.
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by NegroNtns(m): 4:36am On Jul 19, 2009
. . .the so-called minorities of former eastern region of Nigeria.

What the heck sad

My friend, assert yourself and speak up. They are either minority or the are not. What do you mean "so-called"! Tell them who they are. . .they are minorities in the Eastern region. You are the dominant group in East. . .so claim your position. You see this is why Igbos hate Yorubas. . . we tell it like it is, fu_ck whose feelings get hurt!
Re: "Igbos Are Not Our Enemies, We Need Their Number" – Asari Dokubo by Afam(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2009
Becomrich:

without they cant never be president. and instead of trying to be our friend. they are abusive towards us.

Na ya mouth you take talk am.

From basic mathematics we know that

positive multiplied by positive is equal to positive
positive multiplied by negative is equal to negative
negative multiplied by positive is equal to negative
negative multiplied by negative is equal to positive

So, mr cant never become president actually means that the Igbos will become president. Someone like you will go to court, provide all the evidence to condemn you while thinking you are defending yourself until they bring you the prison uniform and tell you that indeed you will be wearing that uniform forever because you just earned yourself a life sentence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Breaking: Fuel Now #57(Buhari Is Working) / Reps Seeks Identification, Release Of Nigerians In Foreign Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.