Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti (25175 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Why We Jailed Gen. Ransome-kuti – Army / Brigadier-General Ransome-Kuti Sentenced To Six Months In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by mapet: 8:36am On Mar 03, 2016
obayaya:

He could've done a lot...

Destroy his armoury while retreating.. It's better destroyed than falling into the hands of the enemy..

But then Baga was supposed to be a fortress.. It was the focal point of the MNJTF which was under his command.. It's either he didn't fortify the barracks well enough or he grew complacent. Whichever way, the bucks ends at his table as far as Baga was concerned.

And I think demoting and reabsorbing him into the army is a worse punishment than outright dismissal..
1. Destroy his armory with what? The amoury that was not servicable?, the amoury that Gen Kuti's himself had written ceaseless letters that they were not servicable? the armoury that GOC testified at the court marshall that they were carcass?
2. I don't know where you got your information from and I would rather assume they are conjectures. If Baga was supposedly a fortress as you, why then was it abandoned? A fortress with unservicable weaponry?
3. Complacent you say? cheap. If someone had led UN command successfully in Liberia and Sierra Leone with medals to boot. I think a key question is that if Gen Kuti was that culpable, why is the military absorbing him back?

Let me tell you my thoughts
1. General Kuti is one of the best most experienced combatants we currently have. If anything, he is needed back in the war front. Somebody in the military has rationalised this and they are trying to find a middle ground
2. There are cases connected to this case that was hurriedly concluded before GEJ left, which ties to the state of the weaponry. If those cases are not properly answered, we are just beating about the bush

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by mapet: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2016
rugged7:
Outdated weapons!!! angry

Are you kidding me!!

Did you not see the video of all the weapons boko haram took from baga on you tube

Those weapons were enough to invade Britain sef.

Or you are just supporting cowardice?

OK. I understand now....You must be from the sophisticated tribe well known for abject cowardice

Shebi Boko Haram claimed that those "weapons" they took from Baga, they will use to infiltrate Nigeria to Abuja, how come they also could not bring those "weapons" to use?

Those weapons were carcases

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by lastmessenger: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2016
Only a blind man will deny that ihejirika did not give his all to fight BH. All the same I will leave you to your opinion.
mapet:

Bros,

Don't fool yourself as per Ihejirika........ As the EFCC case unfold you will see how unfortunate we were to have him as COAS
Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by mapet: 9:00am On Mar 03, 2016
lastmessenger:
Only a blind man will deny that ihejirika did not give his all to fight BH. All the same I will leave you to your opinion.

same
Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by Charly68: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Very lucky escape ...Military is not an easy career .you fumble & fumble for your life..Congrats to the man at least his efforts in the system is not wasted.
Re: Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti by alaskido(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
Why him no go run for his dear life when money meant for arms were shared by top notch of the Army and several PDP stalwarts. Can you fight Boko Haram with your bare hands.

I am happy for his release and reinstatement back into the Army. What I do not like is the reduction in his rank. Do they know how hard he worked to get to Brigadier-General?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' / 8 APC Governors Gag National Assembly Over Elections Sequence Bill – PDP / BREAKING: Boko Haram Ready To Release Christian Girl – IG Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.