Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (61538 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by visitor30(m): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2016
The documents to be scanned and uploaded are your Vehicle Proof of Ownership & Vehicle Licence. You will need to reduce the size to 100kb after scanning, which is the required size for the upload.

afroxyz:
Please can someone confirm for me the two documents that need to be scanned and uploaded. There are conflicting reports here. Secondly, is there anyone here that did his in Lagos? What was your experience?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by visitor30(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2016
domack99:

I tried that has well but keep telling me User already exist, change phone number, used my Last name as first name vis visa but same thing

Use an entirely different email address, not your initial email with a different name or phone number as you stated.
It happened to me the first time. I initially used my gmail, but misplaced my Application ID, sent a mail to the email on their website no reply. I had to use my yahoomail and did a fresh registration.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by visitor30(m): 7:44am On Mar 10, 2016
Bright2:
Op,in PHC the reverse is the case.

iv'e submitted my application at the police command headquarter Moscow road in Port Harcourt since on the 29th of february 2016 & the police woman that accepted these applications ask us to go home that they will call us with our various phone numbers on our applications letters for capturing,up till now not even a flash did i receive from the police & time is running.I was able to contact a police man for assistance & he told me categorically that the police will not call, he adviced me to call him back that he will make out way for me to be captured & ofcause we know what's involved.

i really don't know why in Port Harcourt things hardly go straight when it comes to services,now am planning to go back there again to listen to another story by the special grace of God if i get a good result,i'll also come back here to update you people on how it went.

Hello Bright, Please do give us update as am also planning on going there next week. Am in PH too. People are calling different amount as what they paid before they were able to do their biometrics.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by VULCAN(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hello, does anyone know what they mean by Vehicle Insurance Number?

I Have never heard of that before
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by kkoffo(m): 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
VULCAN:

Check your insurance papers it has a number
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2016
VULCAN:

There is a number on your policy certificate
All u need is the last 5 or 6 numbers leave thos code out
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Bright2(m): 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
visitor30:

Hello Bright, Please do give us update as am also planning on going there next week. Am in PH too. People are calling different amount as what they paid before they were able to do their biometrics.

I went to port Harcourt police head quarter today since I didn't receive any call or sms but I was told to go that they've not process mine.

Now I noticed people that came to submit their applications today were ask to go & come back on Monday for submission reason, they don't receive more than 50 applications in a day so if you are going for submission, go on time & be among the 1to 50 people to submit.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by domack99(m): 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
Still can't get my application ID
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:10am On Mar 12, 2016
domack99:
Still can't get my application ID

Get another email if you are starting afresh, but if uve submitted yur docs for capturing then go eto ur command and ask if they could help u retrieve ur login details
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bignero: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2016
princemillla:
Follow below steps to get your tinted permit.

1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

2. Fill in the information and click submit.

3. You will be provided with a login password (you can change it once u log in).

4. Scan proof of ownership and drivers license.

5. Complete details of your car and input your insurance number then upload those docs in the portal provided

6. Press submit and print out the page.

7. Take the print out form to police state headquarter in ikeja.

Nb: once u get there ask for Ict department for permit.

8. Tender your print out and you will be captured both face and finger print.

9. A copy of your print out form with an inscription : UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE will be giving back to you.

10.last, log in to your portal regularly to monitor if your permit has been approved.

Tinted permit is FREE but you can appreciate them if you want to.

Kudos to all the staffs in the ict department of police headquarters in ikeja, they ensured they attended to everyone on the list. Incase you are reading this( na that funny Gbajabiamila boy they appreciate you.

Ask me any questions concerning this, I will give you more details.

Nb: am not a police officer, just a citizen like you, Information is power, it can save a lots of life.

My experience : I met several police officers in same headquarters, we'll dressed, looking smart and agile. I want to believe they are well educated. I n my honest advice, those are the set of people we need in police force generally.

Observation : the awareness on the tinted permit is not that sound and believe me, come April many people will fall victim, so mods pls push this to the fp to save drivers.

God bless Nigeria

Please my questions is..... i just bought a car from some one, but am yet to do change of ownership papers...ie register the number to my name etc, its still in the name of the previous owner(s) (am second party buyer , i bought it from some one who bought from another).

this tinted permit how do i go about it, since my information will be captured and that of the original car owner too, since the info will contradict.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2016
bignero:

Please my questions is..... i just bought a car from some one, but am yet to do change of ownership papers...ie register the number to my name etc, its still in the name of the previous owner(s) (am second party buyer , i bought it from some one who bought from another).

this tinted permit how do i go about it, since my information will be captured and that of the original car owner too, since the info will contradict.

Well, if you must process it, the persons whose name appear on the document has to be the one to do that.

You might not be privilege to do the processing since your name is yet to appear on the documents. If you can contact the former owner, it's better cuz after March believe me, police would be tough on the tinted thing
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bignero: 10:51am On Mar 12, 2016
princemillla:

Well, if you must process it, the persons whose name appear on the document has to be the one to do that.

You might not be privilege to do the processing since your name is yet to appear on the documents. If you can contact the former owner, it's better cuz after March believe me, police would be tough on the tinted thing

Thanks

unfortunately the person is in SA
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2016
bignero:

Thanks

Eyah, why not process change of ownership n process other docs in ur name?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by afelouz(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2016
Please. A car registered in my company name. What else do i need to provide or how do i go about it? Thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by earthrealm(m): 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
bignero:

Thanks

change of ownership is better.......as NOT TRANSFEREABLE is written on the new tint permit, and the picture of the person whose biometrics was captured will be there too
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
afelouz:
Please. A car registered in my company name. What else do i need to provide or how do i go about it? Thanks

I will advice u make enquiry at the command or better still go to command for the processing. Just that u fit settle for the processing
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bignero: 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
earthrealm:

change of ownership is better.......as NOT TRANSFEREABLE is written on the new tint permit, and the picture of the person whose biometrics was captured will be there too

please enlighten me further.........and am not really clear...are you saying its possible to do the permit with my own info?..thanks

princemillla:

Eyah, why not process change of ownership n process other docs in ur name?

am self employed and i heard change of ownershp docs is like 50k... shocked

50k will go a long way fro my biz right now grin thanks all the same
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by earthrealm(m): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
@bignero...no u cant process the permit with ur own info...the permit is only process/issue d to who ever his/her name is on the car docs...
chnge of ownership is ur bes bet....ask around...am not sure its upto 50k
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2016
bignero:

please enlighten me further.........and am not really clear...are you saying its possible to do the permit with my own info?..thanks

am self employed and i heard change of ownershp docs is like 50k... shocked

50k will go a long way fro my biz right now grin thanks all the same

I doubt if change of ownership cost that much.

The question is, is ur plate number new? It's old. Just go n do change 9f ownership for 15k or so but official price is about 7500.

Then do transfer on the plate number n renew. Pay all ur license n worthiness. That's all
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bignero: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
princemillla:

I doubt if change of ownership cost that much.

The question is, is ur plate number new? It's old. Just go n do change 9f ownership for 15k or so but official price is about 7500.

Then do transfer on the plate number n renew. Pay all ur license n worthiness. That's all

thanks...ill try this option
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:22am On Mar 14, 2016
bignero:

thanks...ill try this option

And so help u God
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 5:29am On Mar 15, 2016
If your tinted permit has been approved, pls kindly share let's see what it looks like.

Just yesterday someone approach (a police man that stays close to my house befor. I once asked him how to process it but new method unknown to him) asking to see the new tinted permit lamenting on how bad he needs money.

Many will fall prey... Believe me

1 Like

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by obitryce(m): 12:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Just did mine @benin police hq yesterday without spending a kobo but just had to spend almost d whole day there as they only attend to 40 to 50 people max n i was number 40 on d list.@ Earthrealm thanks for the info i do appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by LeJeun3: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2016

Any news from Ikeja?? Anyone successfully completed the process recently?!
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by 001bumsa: 3:13am On Mar 22, 2016
Pls have they started impoundment of vehicles without the tinted glass revalidation permit? scared of driving for fear of impoundment.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:35am On Mar 22, 2016
Thats a one million question. Just hold ur money with plenty explanation
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Marpol: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
The site is down!
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Marpol: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marpol:
The site is down!

Its back!

1 Like

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by stagger: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
I had to go to Force HQ at Louis Edet House in Abuja to do mine. All the officers in the ICT department were very professional. In fact, right from the gate to the check-in points, the policemen and women were very courteous and respectful. The ICT guys were very jovial. I really wondered whether it was the same men and officers of the Nigeria Police Force I was dealing with. I spent only 10 minutes there before capture.

I did not pay a kobo. Seamless process.

The new permits will carry the individual's picture as well as the QR Barcode of your mobile phone. If you have this permit, it means your papers have been checked and found to be genuine. So no police person will start conjuring stuff on the road in the line of incomplete papers and stuff. It also ties you to your vehicle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 5:10am On Mar 24, 2016
stagger:
I had to go to Force HQ at Louis Edet House in Abuja to do mine. All the officers in the ICT department were very professional. In fact, right from the gate to the check-in points, the policemen and women were very courteous and respectful. The ICT guys were very jovial. I really wondered whether it was the same men and officers of the Nigeria Police Force I was dealing with. I spent only 10 minutes there before capture.

I did not pay a kobo. Seamless process.

The new permits will carry the individual's picture as well as the QR Barcode of your mobile phone. If you have this permit, it means your papers have been checked and found to be genuine. So no police person will start conjuring stuff on the road in the line of incomplete papers and stuff. It also ties you to your vehicle.

Lovely update, when did you process it sir
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 24, 2016
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by megainvest: 7:06am On Mar 24, 2016
amateur:
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/03/police-extend-firearms-licence-till-31-may/.

Deadline extended

Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaise the Lord. Thank you for this news. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.