Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (61536 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Bbnty(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mine has been on AWAITING APPROVAL, registered on Friday last week. Should I wait for it to be APPROVED before going for biometric or I can still go with the status that way? Urgent reply needed
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bbnty:
Mine has been on AWAITING APPROVAL, registered on Friday last week. Should I wait for it to be APPROVED before going for biometric or I can still go with the status that way? Urgent reply needed

You should go for biometric capture then wait for it to be approved.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Bbnty(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
Who has done his in Akwa Ibom State? Pls can u tell me their routine so I can prepare myself. Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by debola23(f): 5:18am On Apr 01, 2016
visitor30:

Does it mean that even if one has any idea on what the content of the application letter is and whom to address it to for example, will they accept it since it is their own appreciation. But again, how can one know the addressee and the content of application letter.

That brings me to my second question: any idea on the application letter (addressee and content), can you post a copy if you have? Thanks.

We actually knew about the letter and brought ours along, it wasn't accepted, they said they had their format. Come to think of it, we only had a window of about 2 mins to actually see the letter when they finished typing it.
And that was when we were asked to take our forms from one window to d next office for signing.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by debola23(f): 5:24am On Apr 01, 2016
lukman22:
Please were in PH did you do your own permit? I'm kind of new in ph.
Thanks

Police headquarters on Moscow road, I think every Federal Govt Agency has their headquarters on that road. Its in Town. I had never been there before so I can't describe.

If you ride Aba road to the end towards Town, the left turning just before the....big building, think it's a post office or Government house facing the mono rail, enter that road and ask.
I know this response is a bit late.
Infact very late,pardon me

2 Likes

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by debola23(f): 5:28am On Apr 01, 2016
megainvest:

Pls do they also check for the licence plate details on FRSC?

That's the first thing they do once you tender your documents, but they didn't harrass us or anything like that, just told us to go and tell the person who helped with d registeration to fix it
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ritux: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2016
Please I need help.

For more than a week now, I have not been able to get into the web page http://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

Secondly, how do I register my company's official car. All the cars belonging to my company are in the name of the Director's son who is not a Nigerian and also not in Nigeria.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Since the name that appear on the document belong to ur oga son, then he should be the one to do the tinted thing. But Best thin is goto police headquarters in ur state n ask
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Luckki1001(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2016
I have not been able to access the NPF website. Please, can someone inform us when it is up biko? @Op, thanks for this informate.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by lobito007(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hello comrades. Is the old tinted permit required to be presented when appearing for capturing?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by gbengx: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pls make sure you go with 2 copies of the print-out. One will be collected while they'll sign on d other and give it back to you. In Lagos, biometric is only on Mondays, Thursdays & Fridays.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Stancity(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
The website is running ok now....

CC:: Luckki1001,,,
ritux
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Please house.I applied and did my biometrics for the Tinted permit since 26th February this year in Asaba Delta State.Up till now its still showing awaiting approval.What can i do to know the true situation since they said the approval is from Abuja.

Thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by dblaisepascal(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2016
HELP!HELP!HELP! How do i recover my tinted glass permit login password? I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE PASSWORD I USED'' THE PHONE I SAVED IT HAS BEEN STOLEN'' I WILL APPRECIATE ANY NECESSARY ASSISTANCE ....
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2016
nija80:
Please house.I applied and did my biometrics for the Tinted permit since 26th February this year in Asaba Delta State.Up till now its still showing awaiting approval.What can i do to know the true situation since they said the approval is from Abuja.

Thanks

After biometric capture was your print out giving an inscription. .? You can continue using it until the main approved permits comes out.

No one can categorically confirm they have the new permit but the print out which is acceptable everywhere
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2016
dblaisepascal:
HELP!HELP!HELP! How do i recover my tinted glass permit login password? I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE PASSWORD I USED'' THE PHONE I SAVED IT HAS BEEN STOLEN'' I WILL APPRECIATE ANY NECESSARY ASSISTANCE ....

Av not come in contact with stuff like this before. But u can go back to command where u had ur capturing
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by megainvest: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by dblaisepascal(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2016
princemillla:

Av not come in contact with stuff like this before. But u can go back to command where u had ur capturing
Thanks, but I mean the online password I applied with.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 10:43am On Apr 28, 2016
dblaisepascal:
Thanks, but I mean the online password I applied with.

Yes I kno thats what you r talking about. If you'be gone pass the stage of capturing, kindly go to ur command and ask if they could help u with the password bit if you have not, then u can open another one with another email to start afresh.

I guess they should expect something like that since there is not option for 'forgot password' on their site

1 Like

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by dblaisepascal(m): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2016
princemillla:

Yes I kno thats what you r talking about. If you'be gone pass the stage of capturing, kindly go to ur command and ask if they could help u with the password bit if you have not, then u can open another one with another email to start afresh.

I guess they should expect something like that since there is not option for 'forgot password' on their site
I appreciate
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by jacoik(m): 2:52am On Nov 05, 2016
but sir i have done the formal old one when i bought my vehicle newly about 6 months ago. now this new one with capturing, i tried login in after providing my details but it still demand login id. how do i go about the login id. i will appreciate your quick respond as i want to go for it this morning saturday. thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by flecho: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Hello Pl I have been told that tinting of back glass don't need permit, it's it true. 10x
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Yinkaolu(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2016
Pls
I have done the capture and more than 90 days
I tried login into the npf portal but got invalid password
I need to verify if I am already approved or not
What do I do? Thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Nbote(m): 7:27am On Dec 07, 2016
Pls help us with what the new tinted permit looks like. I hear it contains d vehicle information and den a barcode..
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bestofibkpumpn(f): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
However, I have a question. I see people going to tint their cars. As in the car wasn't made with tinted glasses, then they go tint it themselves. Can one get a permit for that kind of tint?

Thanks. [/quote]

Can someone please answer this question, can someone get a permit for such cars that didn't come with factory tinted glass ?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by rinw: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=bestofibkpumpn post=57826344]
However, I have a question. I see people going to tint their cars. As in the car wasn't made with tinted glasses, then they go tint it themselves. Can one get a permit for that kind of tint?

Thanks.

My car tint is not factory fitted but I bought the car like that as Tokunbo, is tint permit valid for such car?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by wewewewe: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please house, I could not print out my form the day I fill it online but wanted to print now...how can I go about it. I tried logging in but no place to print. What can I do pls
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by nwamamaandpapa: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
I learnt there are days for tinted glass permit data capturing and collection of the permit at Ikeja police station. Please, anyone that knows the days, should please, post it. Thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Ipfreely: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=rinw post=58439048][/quote]

To my knowledge, factory tints are covered by the NPF-issue tint permit.

All non-factory tint requires a medical permit of sorts, states that you have the aftermarket tints for health reasons.

The report needs to be issued from a Federal, or state, health institution.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Elsafema: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
Permit
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by bobbiiee: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
You can do you tint permit at police headquarters located at ikeja on the Thursday and Friday of every week. It's advisable for you to be there by 7.30am. Go with the original of your Proof of ownership and Vehicle licence. You ID card will be presented. They will ask you 1k after biometric.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by TheAdvocate(m): 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
Fawklicant:

Go to your state of residence's police headquarters. The IG of police has authorized state commissioners to sign and issue tint permits. It is free nationwide.

Capturing done at State Police Headquarters but it must be processed and signed in Abuja by a DIG. The state ICT merely prints it out for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.