Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22619 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nezan(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2009
ayodot:

just like dog that as tasted blood this mend boys have tasted money so all the so call negotiations will hardly be fruitful.
let the government just carry the airfighters and drop some foreign cakes into the dirty creeks and just waste them all.
Since the inception of there fake struggle, I have never heard that part of the ransom they have been collecting is used for any form development or aids any part of there community .
grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by lee007(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2009
I have read with great dissapointment the comment some NLders have posted on this Topic soo far and i must made bold to say that must of the comments are ill concieved.

MEND of no MEND as long as a Nation remins one no one has the right to take up arms for struggle its called Treason, nd the fact that this guys have been allowed to operate freely is a serious mistake on the part of the Military.

This guys have change the landscape of criminality in Nigeria and has not achieved anything Tangible but spread more poverty, Distruction and slow down the pace of any possible development in the Niger-Delta.

The call for them to proceed to Abuja is likwise crinimal, are there not Niger Delta people living and working legitimately in Abuja?

The Attack on Lagos was the hight of it, lagos and Indeed the entire Yorubaland has been marginalised by the government and made worse by the SW Governors. Same Goes for the Niger_Delta. Thier governors are even worse with 13% derivtion, what hve they achieved?

Pls lets us call a spade a spade, If they attack Lagos or indeed any part of the West again? They will get what the want, that is WAR[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
MUZBO:

Whats this one saying? When a major civil unrest starts now you'll start running around saying you were attacked unfairly. The people of lagos will resist any senseless attacks in the guise of emancipation.
Yar'adumb is in Abuja pondering which of the points on his 7 point agenda to start first- let MEND go there and give him a heads up.
Fashola should never negotiate with any terrorist disguised as an emancipator.

Thats the problem with nigerians. . . . they will never try to talk in order settle issues amicably.
Having said that, I dare any nigerian to attack my people unfairly and see what will come out of it.

Trust me, the system is very hot right now.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
One" Igbo boi told you and that automatically translates to the opinion of the Igbo community?
Must you drag in the name Igbo into every thread before you can have a balanced discussion?

Leave us out of this abeg, we aint collaborating with nobody. Once beaten, twice shy.
why shld i take u seriously and disregard his comments?
who says ure speaking the mind of the others?

sit down somewhere and stop spewing poppycocks!!

and by the way, i cant remember when last i dragged the name iGBO into any of my post
what medicine have u been taking?

Keep laughing. . . . shebi you were laughing last year when JTF attacked MEND factions in Tombia. . . or last month when JTF was shelling Gbaramatu whilst painting the picture that MEND was on its last legs. . . I have heard all these utterances before. . . . you would have thought MEND was easy to squash. . . . now its Lagos, and you are still laughing. . . . you will be laughing when they hit Abuja as well. . . .

The Nigerian army has already signified defeat by offering amnesty. . . . you cannot kill what you cannot see. . . . Nigeria is down to 800,000 bpd from 2.4m. . . . keep laughing. . . . by 2015, Nigeria turns to Somalia like US intelligence accurately predicted. . . . keep laughing all the way to the British/Yankee embassy to queue for visa. . . .

I feel sorry for Fashola. . . . he is the only one trying to make things work within a corrupted system. . . . attacks on FG installations in his state will definitely scare investors. . . . but as long as injustice is perpetuated in Nigeria, they will continue. . . .

and the dirge continues.   .   .    .
the only reason why this has gone for long is because they were doing it 'inhouse'
any attempt to escalate to other regions will endanger ur life and others cos it wont take a day for the whole region to be cleaned
continue basking in ignorance and be championing tomfoolery. na u sabi

ur eyes go open soon
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by sley4life(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fashola cant do anything here. What they destroyed is FG owned.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by sparta(f): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2009
They should go and bomb Aso Rock the seat of power if they really have stunts. I dont like cowards, real warriors face their supposed enemies head on.  angry  Does yaradua live in Lagos, we don't need anyone to distract fashola, he has a lot on his table right now for the good of Lagos after many years of neglect.  
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tayo4lif: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
Who is fashola fight for, us or the North. Fashola is a tool of the north. And fashola needs to go. We do not want fashola as governor again. Fashola can go and leave in abuja. Fashola ole.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
sley4life:

Fashola cant do anything here. What they destroyed is FG owned.
yeah right
the people they killed were Govts children too.
They dont have families. so cos of that, they can come and blow everybody in the stock exchange cos ist Govts property?
i dey kolo for hear o

tayo4lif:

Who is fashola fight for, us or the North. Fashola is a tool of the north. And fashola needs to go. We do not want fashola as governor again. Fashola can go and leave in abuja. Fashola ole.
go to the open university for some adult education b4 u can earn the right to discuss where enlightened people are having some jaw jaw
gerrout of here
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

any attempt to escalate to other regions will endanger ur life and others cos it wont take a day for the whole region to be cleaned

You cant clean what is feeding you. . . . quite simple. . .

What JTF have failed to achieve in 5 years, you think say na OPC go achieve am. . . . as we dey yarn sef, OPC dey gbadun MEND. . . . cos gangsta dey respect gangsta. . . . especially the one wey pass him level.  grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by banom(m): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
rhymz:

First, I want to condemn d misplaced attack on Lagos by MEND.That havin been said,i fink most of us seem to ve 4gotten very quickly dat the FG & MEND re at work,& any war strategist dat wants to win his enemy knows that hittin Ur enemy where it pains d most is d best way to win d war.D fact is d stupid JTF generalz gave d FG a faulty intelligence report dat they could contain d so-called millitants & went abt it by bombing dier villages at random,what do U expect?I mean d senseless offensive by d JTF started right abt d tym d FG claimed to ve given amnesty to dier leaderz only for dem to reverse themselves & U call dat seriousness.This same JTF(comprise mostly of northernerz) ve shown themselves to be inefficient they keep giving d FG a false impression of dier capability,boast on paper & yet in reality they re losing d war,most of these attacks have been carried ouj under thier nose and stil they come out and brag.Until Yaradua and d ppl in his government take d issue as serious as they should not by constantly seeing d naija deltans as ppl dat re overbearing & demanding dat need to be silenced and put in dier right place of 2nd class citizen dis problem will persist.The attack ön lag would ve be prevented 4 instance if d AG,mr Mike had treated d directive 4rm Yaradua dat Henry Okah, thier leader be released immediately with urgency b4 jetting out of d country,dis would ve been prevented but what did he do?He rather chose to play politics and delayed it only to get dis result.So my fellow compatriots our problem is multi faceted is not just d millitants but also d FG's seriousness to d resolution of this conflict dat is hampering progress.

@ rhymz
I commend your knowledge and ideah on WAR STRATEGY, Now lets discuss,

After looking at the way federal government is handling the issue, it is obvious that all they employ is void of a lasting strategy than can bring the matter to a lasting end.

The FG startegy includes, subtly making them to enjoy wealth so that they will have more value for life and fear death, Non combatant engagement with the millitants, Isolation of the millitants, Raiding of villages to signal that Fg forces is still powerful and can vanquish the MEND if they strike, all these are good but will only serve for a short while, what our FG failed to understand is that this guys are not unjust terrorist, they are freedon fighters ( or atleast they framed them seves to be fighting for freedom of the Niger deltans) the cause they are fighting is quite just before God and man,

The FG strategies should directly aim at solving the issue ( the cause MEND is fighting for) and not just coming in terms with MEND, if they do that, any othe reaction from MEND can be seeing as outright criminality and no longer freedom fighting, and FG can now have justifiable reason to combat them.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

You cant clean what is feeding you. . . . quite simple. . .

What JTF have failed to achieve in 5 years, you think say na OPC go achieve am. . . . as we dey yarn sef, OPC dey gbadun MEND. . . . cos gangsta dey respect gangsta. . . . especially the one wey pass him level. grin
**hiss**
i dont have ur time again. ur own na when i reach PH i go declare u wanted grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Moves: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fashola, can do alot, He is the chief security Officer in Lagos, remember the guy deported beggars from neighbouring western states, I hope this doesnt repeat itself cos from his statement if it does in order not to lose face his hands might be forces to do something really drastic,
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ow11(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
Henry Okah gave an interview to the BBC making some salient comments. Fashola has spoken, what about the CNS?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Oluschenco(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
They should have headed to ASO ROCK, because Lagos is the city of all tribes, but Aso is for special people.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
banom:

Yeah i am the Buffoon who used to patronise your mum when she was a dirty prostitude @ Ikeja, useless animal,

It's definetly not your fault, whoever allowed the Monkey out of the zoo to impregante your poor mama is got to be blame for vomitting a bastard like you. Omo komo!, koba je fun e!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by HajiaTanko: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
Today its MEND----tommorrow its MASSOB------next tommorrow----another faction masking as freedom fighters------yet abducting innocent citizens for millions of naira.  

----and you say these people are not thieves?

A ceremonial commendation medal ought to be awarded to the soldier who places a well deserved bullet in Tompolo's head.

DEATH TO MEND!!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tayo4lif: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime, OPC would do no sure thing. fashola is an idiot and a tool of the north. He should resign as governor if he does not want to support the common man. MEND is a freedom fighting group. And if MEND is ready to free yoruba people from the hands of the north. Why not. Look fashola have not don anything for yoruba people or try to free us from the north. why should we believe in fashola. why?. MEND now comes to save us, fashola is crying, for what. fashola should shut up and let MEND continue thier duties. if they do not shut down the nigeria system and the north continue to collect oil money. there would never been a change and because people like fashola are making so much money for oppressing yoruba people. he want MEND to stop.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

itk419. . . . . he who swallows a long pistle must sleep standing upright. . . .

If your Awon boiz are feeling funky, they should go and cut Niger-Deltan throats. . . . they wont find any!. . . . like play, like play, all Niger Deltans in Lagos will turn to Igbos, speaking Igbo dialect so fluently, you wouldn't be able to tell if they are Niger-Deltans or Igbos. . . .  grin grin grin

On the other hand, it will be impossible for Yorubas in Port-Harcourt to disguise themselves. . . . H-factor and tribal marks will give away their identity in a jiffy!  grin grin grin

@ bolded:

you had to mention Igbos, didnt you. undecided Cant keep it under wraps.

You do know to the average Yoruba in the village, all easterners are Igbos anyway, right? You believe they care about petty distinctions.

as for your comment on Yorubas in Port harcourt- we'll leave that for another day.

Ibime:

The Nigerian army has already signified defeat by offering amnesty. . . .

I feel sorry for Fashola. . . . he is the only one trying to make things work within a corrupted system. . . . attacks on FG installations in his state will definitely scare investors. . . . but as long as injustice is perpetuated in Nigeria, they will continue. . . .

Amnesty is definitely a sign of weakness like you're pointing out.

Ibime:

[size=14pt] attacks on FG installations in his state will definitely scare investors. . . [/size] .

exactly.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

Ibime, OPC would do no sure thing. fashola is an idiot and a tool of the north. He should resign as governor if he does not want to support the common man. MEND is a freedom fighting group. And if MEND is ready to free yoruba people from the hands of the north. Why not. Look fashola have not don anything for yoruba people or try to free us from the north. why should we believe in fashola. why?. MEND now comes to save us, fashola is crying, for what. fashola should shut up and let MEND continue thier duties. if they do not shut down the nigeria system and the north continue to collect oil money. there would never been a change and because people like fashola are making so much money for oppressing yoruba people. he want MEND to stop.
Jesu Kristi!!!
who be this mungo park?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2009
This is so correct.
They could show their anger and grievances but dont have to be bombing everywhere and killing people.
How can u fight peace with violence?
What has Lagos state got to do with their fight?
Lagos is not even the capital of Nigeria
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ow11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
The investors that aren't already scared off by the pitch darkness that envelopes Lagos after 7pm each day. Please a bomb attack is no more discouraging to an investor than the lack of electricity prevalent in this country.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

Singing D'banj's "owun to ba wun anybody lole fenu won so, e fin won sile e je kan ma so lo, orin yin noi o, e ma ko lo"
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Lagos and Lagosians are in full support of the agitation of the Niger Delta, and are in their own right fighting against the same Federal Government. You cannot attack Lagosians and expect their governor to be silent.

@ bolded

you're basing your assumption on what exactly? That's a pretty broad statement. Beware of generalization and pipe dreams.

debosky:

That said, there are assets of the Federal Government in Lagos which remain legitimate targets from a MEND perspective, but has the potential to affect MEND's tacit support in the South and weaken it's hand in Federal negotiations.

"legitimate targets", huh?

ok.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2009
ow11:

The investors that aren't already scared off by the pitch darkness that envelopes Lagos after 7pm each day. Please a bomb attack is no more discouraging to an investor than the lack of electricity prevalent in this country.

ok!

lol
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ those non-easterners who are in support of MEND bombings

please name your state of origin and hometown so MEND can go make a statement against the FG and Yaradua there.

Its all for the cause.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Egwuofor: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
fashola another yoruba idiot.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

as for your comment on Yorubas in Port harcourt- we'll leave that for another day,

abeg leave me to exchange pleasantries with my bros jor. . . . your own sensitivity na wa. . . abi na you get the H-factor and tribal mark. . . . quite possibly. . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2009
Egwuofor:

And you another idiot roaming N/L. tongue. The converging opinion that is discernible so far on this thread is that majority of our Igbo brothers fully supports the act of these set of bandits that called themselves freedom fighters.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2009
Egwuofor:

What made him an idiot?
Cos he is a governor that seems to stand for his states and ready to fight for what he thinks is sane?
Or would it be cos he wont allow the people of his states to be killed for no reason?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

abeg leave me to exchange pleasantries with my bros jor. . . . your own sensitivity na wa. . . abi na you get the H-factor and tribal mark. . . . quite possibly. . .

Yorubas arent your brothers- dont confuse the sellouts you roll with for the entire Yoruba people- generalizations help no one. wink

yes, my family members have the H factor and tribal marks. Do those things offend you in some way?   I myself always overuse my aitches when talking. Didnt know it wasnt cool until just recently.

Very embarassing to be from the same country as these ugly, tribally marked, primitive, dirty and bush Yorubas, right? They look like people who fought with a tiger and got their face all scratched up.

Always claiming lagos which doesnt belong to them and using Niger Delta oil and revenue like the parasites they are.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

Yorubas arent your brothers- dont confuse the sellouts you roll with for the entire Yoruba people- generalizations help no one. wink

yes, my family members have the H factor and tribal marks. Do those things offend you in some way? I myself always drop my aitches when talking. Didnt know it wasnt cool until just recently.

Very embarassing to be from the same country as these ugly, tribally marked, primitive, dirty and bush Yorubas, right? They look like people who fought with a tiger and got their face all scratched up.

Always claiming lagos which doesnt belong to them and using Niger Delta oil and revenue like the parasites they are.

Ouuccchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u mean oh
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Ouuccchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u mean oh

I should ask God why He made the Yorubas so ugly and dirty oh. undecided

With hideous lion claws on their faces. And they're so primitive and talk weird.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Libya Deportee Kidnaps And Robs Female Corper In Benin / Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency / What Ogun Governor Did Was Self-help – APC’s Issa-Onilu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.