Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,506 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22674 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by presido1: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2009
asha 2:

You support the post
Honestly i really don't know the stand of the South West on all that is going on in Nigeria now. They will always stay less concerned and try to side the winning side. Its pathetic to say the least. They are neither here nor there in conflict situation

"South West where do you stand"
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
presido1:

Honestly i really don't know the stand of the South West on all that is going on in Nigeria now. They will always stay less concerned and try to side the winning side. Its pathetic to say the least. They are neither here nor there conflict situation

Does it matter?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by presido1: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Does it matter?
Yes it matters, thatz why the North always defeat the South in everything. You people make the south weaker.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
aishaah:

really i dont knw wat to say abt dis niger delta issue but then  MEND has to take things easy.violence cant lead us right,but hw long does it take a respionsible govt to give them their right,attimes i get annoyed being a Nigerian. cry

Really
Directly because of MEND, Arewa senators have backed down on resource control and state creation. They are now offering 50%!
http://www.independentngonline.com/news/tfpg/article03
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297515.0.html
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
presido1:

Yes it matters, thatz why the North always defeat the South in everything. You people make the south weaker.

This is why the south always losing, cos to you guys, everything is a competition.
Y'all just like to compete when no one competes with y'all
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tubabie(f): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
presido1:

Honestly i really don't know the stand of the South West on all that is going on in Nigeria now. They will always stay less concerned and try to side the winning side. Its pathetic to say the least. They are neither here nor there in conflict situation

How does this concern the topic on hand?
Lets not make it tribalistic.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by presido1: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

This is why the south always losing, cos to you guys, everything is a competition.
Y'all just like to compete when no one competes with y'all
If you don't compete you remain stagnant. South West should come out of their shell let us know where they stand.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by presido1: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
tubabie:

How does this concern the topic on hand?
Lets not make it tribalistic.
Thatz a question you know, You can't have a tribal question when you asked to know what you don't know already.
Lets not see everything we our tribal google.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
presido1:

If you don't compete you remain stagnant. South West should come out of their shell let us know where they stand.

You dont have to compete to move forward, all you need is a vission, and that is what Nigeria as a whole lack.
Lemme even ask you, what is the vission of MENDs, so they wanna have a fair share of the cake, after that, what is next?
be real oh
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by presido1: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

after that, what is next? be real oh
Are you for real? whatz your concern on what they do with what they have? When did the welfare of MEND become your priority.
They can roast one another with the flame that comes from the gas flaring, drink the oil, use the fund accrued from it to better their life or even use it to marry many wives for IBIME grin grin.
Think of what you will use yours to do when the time comes not about mend.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by HajiaTanko: 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
Look beyond tribalism for a second.  

What does Lagos have that Abuja doesn't? Access to waterways-----like the creeks in the niger delta

Could it be MEND attacked Lag simply because Lag is a better choice to duck and hide like these criminals do in the creeks?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
presido1:

Are you for real? whatz your concern on what they do with what they have? When did the welfare of MEND become your priority.
They can roast one another with the flame that comes from the gas flaring, drink the oil, use the fund accrued from it to better their life or even use it to marry many wives for IBIME grin grin.
Think of what you will use yours to do when the time comes not about mend.

This is hillarious, i shd not worry about them killing people in the south and in Lagos, i shd not worry about what they do when they get what they want after killing the innocent people?
They are all laptop face
that is why i think, they all need to go to aso rock and fight there, if they are not cowards
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2009
HajiaTanko:

Look behold tribalism for a second.  

What does Lagos have that Abuja doesn't? Access to waterways-----like the creeks in the niger delta

MEND only attacked Lag because Lag is a better choice to duck and hide like these criminals do in the creeks.

And Fashola will be ready for them next time and feed the maggots to the dogs.
I will support the good ones and will fight along with them, but the innocent killers shd be killed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
I don dey talk but some stupid crazy people think say wetin Fashola go do. OPC boys are now having meetings every corner of Lasgos state heavily now, if dem born does fucking MEND well make them come attack again that time you na go witness mini civil war just like the northern people warn them.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by shades83(m): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
MEND, pls spread your attacks Nation wide, so you may unite the rest of the country against your crimes, fools, you can never achieve your ultimate objective which is to break up the country, no one tribe is bigger than the country, if you really cared about your people, why don't you spend some of your ransom/criminal/oil bunkering money on your people; or even better, why not hold your own leaders accountable for all the money that has been pumped into that part of the country over the past ten years, there is no excuse for blame laying on any section of the country for your woes, it is one big pot sorrounded by criminals from each part of the country, go after the real criminals if you dare
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
shades83:

MEND, pls spread your attacks Nation wide, so you may unite the rest of the country against your crimes, fools, you can never achieve your ultimate objective which is to break up the country, no one tribe is bigger than the country, if you really cared about your people, why don't you spend some of your ransom/criminal/oil bunkering money on your people; or even better, why not hold your own leaders accountable for all the money that has been pumped into that part of the country over the past ten years, there is no excuse for blame laying on any section of the country for your woes, it is one big pot sorrounded by criminals from each part of the country, go after the real criminals if you dare

waohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by redsun(m): 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
Nigeria security be it abuja is too porous to stand against even a crudely organize terrorist campaign.The only solution is fairness and justice before the situation gets out of hand.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by HajiaTanko: 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
We don't have to warn MEND. They are dead on sight in any of the northern states
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2009
Some of you are just making mouth as usual and risk being labelled with the stereotype some people would like to associate with the yoruba ethnic group. Close your mouth for a minute and think. The aim of MEND attack have been achieved and that was to start making the people talk and ask questions about the nigerian question. Before we all felt the war in the delta is far from us hence it does not concern us. But now, the talk all over lagos and inside the buses is all about MEND demands.

MEND are trying to raise the consciousness of a people who have been so brutalized into submission by decades of military rule and corrupt politicians. These people don't even know they are in slavery anymore. Fela called it suffering and smiling. MEND is fighting for every common man in the country. My biggest fear is that the yoruba especially will remain lukewarm hence missing their chance. The way things are going, only the niger delta will be restructured. Only the niger delta will enjoy true federalism. this is the time for the yoruba Nation and every common man to join be vocally. This is the time to start organising rallies in lagos and other major cities to voice support for MEND. Is it not true federalism the yoruba leaders have been fighting for? If the yorubas miss this chance to get what they want with the niger delta, they will have to raise up many years from now and fight for it on their own, paying with their own blood because freedom don't come free. MEND have the federal government in the balls and the federal government is ready to restructure the niger delta alone.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
please guys. i am new. How do i quote a post?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha2: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ehoi:

please guys. i am new. How do i quote a post?

1 click on reply

2 scroll down the comments and click on Insert Quote on the right side of the comments to pick the quote you are looking for.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2009
asha 2:

1 click on reply

2 scroll down the comments and click on Insert Quote on the right side of the comments to pick the quote you are looking for.

Thanks asha cheesy
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by asha2: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ehoi:

Thanks asha cheesy

No wahala.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by neeyee(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
Why can't we leave this people with their oil? At least the "omo-oniles" in south west too always claim their rights!!! OIL their own right. Leave it for them to do it as they want. South-west and North should go back to their farms. This is a command!!! Don't let me hear you're disturbing one another's peace again. FINISH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
edwardd:

I don dey talk but some stupid crazy people think say wetin Fashola go do. OPC boys are now having meetings every corner of Lasgos state heavily now, if dem born does fucking MEND well make them come attack again that time you na go witness mini civil war just like the northern people warn them.
edward
Instead of trying to attack MEND, they should instead channel that effort into fighting for their own freedom if they don't want to fight with MEND. Besides, I don't have any doubt about the ability of OPC, but if it comes to face to face battle tomorrow, they should not even try MEND simply because MEND have been preparing for a battle in the last ten years while OPC have not started. The MEND guys seems to have given up on life and now they want to die for their children and grand children instead of dying for nothing. No wonder they called it hurricane Moses. They feel this is the last fight, the last push before freedom. They have been training for this in the last ten years. Anyone who can take a boat from the delta all the way to lagos to bomb a facility guarded my the navy is really ready to die.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2009
MEND- Men Expanding Natural Disasters!

They should have done that bombing shit in Abuja if they really wanted to raise awareness. . . Fucking bastards! They get the highest allocation more than any other region and their Chiefs and Governors scam them openly but they do nothing about it. . . Instead they blame the Federal Govt for damaging their rivers. . . As if they could have been more developed through their petty fishing.

One thing I know for sure is they are all fighting for their pockets, cheap criminals. The Lagos state that houses destitutes and poor people was attacked, this shows they have 0% knowledge. May the FG keep dealing with dem and KILL DEM MAMA! Useless people.angry
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 12:15am On Jul 17, 2009
jassie:

MEND- Men Expanding Natural Disasters!

They should have done that bombing shit in Abuja if they really wanted to raise awareness. . . Fucking bastards! They get the highest allocation more than any other region and their Chiefs and Governors scam them openly but they do nothing about it. . . Instead they blame the Federal Govt for damaging their rivers. . . As if they could have been more developed through their petty fishing.

One thing I know for sure is they are all fighting for their pockets, cheap criminals. The Lagos state that houses destitutes and poor people was attacked, this shows they have 0% knowledge. May the FG keep dealing with dem and KILL DEM MAMA! Useless people.angry

jassie
Whether they are criminals or not, the bottom line is that they are getting their aims and objectives done. They have been able to get the attention of Abuja and their demands are about to be met. This is something no other group in the history of nigeria have never been able to achieve.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 12:21am On Jul 17, 2009
presido1:

You should have known this for long. South West, the Yorubas are the real chameleons of nigeria, the back stabbers and the hypocrites. They are the reason why it seems like the north is holding the whole of nigerians at ransom, yet they the Yorubas will be the first to remind you that northerners are united more than southerners. But who will be the first among southerners to support northerners in their quest to keep on holding nigeria and nigerians down? Guess who? the same hypocrites, the Yorubas. You should have known those hypocrites better before, than now.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 12:27am On Jul 17, 2009
HajiaTanko:

We don't have to warn MEND. They are dead on sight in any of the northern states

You shiit malam don't need to be here on nairaland talking. You should go back to kanoonline.com where your fellow illiterate malams converge to discuss your religious issues. By the way, how many Igbos did you kill today in kano?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 12:35am On Jul 17, 2009
Ehoi:

Some of you are just making mouth as usual and risk being labelled with the stereotype some people would like to associate with the yoruba ethnic group. Close your mouth for a minute and think. The aim of MEND attack have been achieved and that was to start making the people talk and ask questions about the nigerian question. Before we all felt the war in the delta is far from us hence it does not concern us. But now, the talk all over lagos and inside the buses is all about MEND demands.

MEND are trying to raise the consciousness of a people who have been so brutalized into submission by decades of military rule and corrupt politicians. These people don't even know they are in slavery anymore. Fela called it suffering and smiling. MEND is fighting for every common man in the country. My biggest fear is that the yoruba especially will remain lukewarm hence missing their chance. The way things are going, only the niger delta will be restructured. Only the niger delta will enjoy true federalism. this is the time for the yoruba Nation and every common man to join be vocally. This is the time to start organising rallies in lagos and other major cities to voice support for MEND. Is it not true federalism the yoruba leaders have been fighting for? If the yorubas miss this chance to get what they want with the niger delta, they will have to raise up many years from now and fight for it on their own, paying with their own blood because freedom don't come free. MEND have the federal government in the balls and the federal government is ready to restructure the niger delta alone.
Exactly the same way the Ijaws helped other nigerians to fight and subdue Biafrans durign the war and are now after several years, fighting and paying with their blood for the same cause they fought against several years ago.
By the way, if you are calling for Yorubas to get up and support MEND or any other group fighting for the right cause, you are just wasting your time. Hypocrites and chameleons are not known to support a just cause.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 12:53am On Jul 17, 2009
by tayo4lif
Fhemmmy i have to agree with the igboman this time. fashola is an idiot. how is fashola stand up for us. MEND want to set us free from the north. And fashola is against it. who is fashola supporting the south or the North ,  Fhemmmy  tell me. fashola should resign. Fashola should be buying guns for  MEND or OPC. not saying nonsense.
You stupid Yoruba idiot, only your naive brothers and sisters will not know that you are the same person using the names as Becomerich, Egwuofor, tayo4life, Edwardd and some that i still have to point out. At cybereagles.com, you are 817bigger, calabarman, etc, etc. After posting stupid comment against your people the Yorubas with the Igbo sounding name "Egwuofor", you turn around to join your fellow naive brothers to accuse the so called Egwuofor, (supposed Igboman) as a disgruntled person that might have lost his shop courtesy of fashola. Foolish Yoruba hypocrite.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by lastpage: 12:54am On Jul 17, 2009
Meen, this thread is entertaining and an eye opener on what a complicated and dysfunctional amalgam, Nigeria is!

A few opinion of mine though:
MEND by itself, can not overcome the F.G. They need the sympathy and active collaboration of other regions and people, Just like any one Ethnic nationality can not on its own, secede and hope to succeed. History and the last Civil war is a case study on that so, No arguments.

The question that would arise out of that, naturally, is that does MEND (if truly they represent the aspirations of the N.G) need the support of the Westerners?
If the answer is YES (assuming), then we might ask: How does bombing any part of Lagos achieve such?
The argument about "federal facilities"does not wash, those that dies are not federal facility and its not Abuja that Atlas Cove supplies "imported PMS", its the western region!
If NO, then the struggle has failed before it even started, remember the Civil war?

Secondly, No one seems to have answered a very important question that has been posted over and over on this thread:
What is MEND doing or has done to its very own N.Deltans like IBORI, ALAMS, Dipriye e.t.c., that have stolen and looted even the very few coins that have come the N.D's way?
At least in Lagos, we see what Fashola is doing with the little he gets (remember it was another Yoruba President, that scum-full Obasanjo, that deprived them of federal allocations for close to 2years!) from the center and around Lagos, in Lagos!
Everyone wants to troop to Lagos because its getting better but what happened to other states in the N.D? Why is MEND acting like the IBORIS and ALAMS are "spirits"?

Thirdly, some have asked, in a very inciting but poorly disguised "pound-of-flesh" manner: Where do the Yorubas stand?

I will tell you where "we" stand: on the side of justice and fairness, "Aluta with Sense"!
Intimidation, threat and coy trickery have been known to fail woefully, when employed with Yorubas.

Anyone that is observant will remember that the "average" Hausa or Igbo used to call Yorubas, "Cowards" simply because we are known not to rush into any confrontation blindly.
We dont start a fight we know we cant finish or win! That is our mentality.
Ofcourse, that has its own downsides too.

So, comparatively, there came a time when the ruling Northern elite (am not saying this from a tribalistic notion, just a recap on history) and some other collaborators pushed the Yorubas to the limit around 1997-99, taking our gentility for cowardice. Well, the rest as they say, is history. Everyone knows better now.
Now, no one can, none has ever been able to "force the hands of the Yorubas" into battle. We choose our fights and fight it as we know how to do best, and that was how that riff-raff called Obasanjo came to be the beneficiary of our struggles in 1999!
The North chose him and he was a complete disaster, to the Yorubas, The N.D and Nigeria as a whole.
Now, he chose "another one" like himself! shocked shocked shocked

For the records, most Yorubas (South Westerners) sympathize with the awkward situation in N.D.
I for one, have written so many times and asked how a "location" that produces not less than 80% of the national wealth is like a "big Pond"?
I have traveled the N.D area very well and l tell you, its worse than the worst place in Lagos.

Where did Abuja and most of the Northern states like Niger, get the money to develop to their extent?, while N.D is the way it is?
Is it because most of our Presidents are northerners but then, OBJ was Yoruba and he did nothing for the N.D.!
IBORI and ALAMS are even from N.D and they rather looted the place to extinction!?
So, the problems seems not to be  a question of "TRIBE" or "PEOPLE" but of the "Ruling Crass(class)", individuals!!.
What has MEND done about these individuals? (I dont need a silly ill-thought out reply from one educated illiterate, pls) tongue

Having said all these, the N.Deltans should know they can count on the South West for support but it may not translate into carrying guns and indiscriminate bombs like MEND is doing. Thats only fair.
If it comes to a vote or plebiscite, we would go with autonomous and resource control, like the N.D wants it.

Now, how come some part of this country even think they cannot survive without crude oil and its therefore a "do-or-die" over it?
Did the country not survive before its discovery?
Agreed that the "nation" has invested big-time into it but then, the best we can all do is to first deal with the thieves in the N.D (their local leaders who loot their money) so that development gets to every corner of the place and lets see what MEND would say afterwards.

MEND should not get carried away by its successful bombing of Atlas Cove and think Lagos is fair-game!
Every nationality owes itself a duty to defend itself against any attack from another or a microcosm of such.

The true test of a "Target" should be
:
1.)Does it hurt the intended Target (F.G.)
2.)Does it ruffle those in a position to make the intended "change" with regards to the development of the N.D and "equitable and local" resource management?
3.) Does it avoid innocent loss of lives and hardship to those who sympathize with "our course" or share our positions?
4.) Does it achieve the desired objectives.

If a target does not meet these tests, then its not worth a target and to attack it is criminal. End of story.

Those who are taunting and trying to provoke the South West into action should forget it.
If Fashola had decided to embezzle funds accruing to Lagos, where would all those "shiny new roads, street lights, Long Buses, e.t.c" be coming from, and wont we also be in arms with our govt today?
We feel we should start with those who steal your resources from amongst your tribe and people, to bring them to justice, first.

Yorubas are known to be very critical of themselves, among the nationalities in Nigeria so, for them to give a thumbs-up for their Governor, is an indication that he is trying[b] but Guv Fashola, how long is it going to take YOU to give us stable power supply in Lagos? We know it can be done, we know u can do it[/b] (unlike those thieving Governors in the N.D  or that one in Oyo and Oshun state or that "Okijar" one in Ogun state!grin)

In all, l doubt the sincerity of the F.G on this their amnesty (l think they are just buying time) otherwise, what does it take to build bridges and roads, provide pipe-borne water, build hospitals, set-up industry and provide jobs for people in the N.D.? Just a few weeks production of crude oil will do it and the N.D people will simply forget all the bombs and kidnappings , except that the likes of Ibori and Alams, and all the thieving elites at Asokoro and Aso-ko-Rock think they need to steal everything, to the last barrel!

The bigger question (basis of our Unity as a country), needs to be -re-examined at a Sovereign National conference of all Nationalities (not the OBJ and Babangiga types o!)

Lastpage

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths To Meet On Outcome Of Presidential Poll / Photos From The Burial Of Barrister Ken Atsuwete Who Was Murdered In Rivers / President Buhari Speaks At UN General Assembly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.