Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai (24642 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2016
MissingBudget:

Use Google, I don't have time. But like I said, see how government backs Dangote. Shebi BUA complained about something similar?
OBJ gave the 2 guys mandate to import and bag cement for a number of years while they build local plant. Dangote borrowed and built Obadjana and Ewekoro... Bought over Benue cement or so. Where is Ibeto plant? Under a southern president GEJ, Dangote pushed Ibeto out of bussiness. It is simple as ABC... Locally produced cement will always be cheaper than imported nah. He even sent him out of Ghana. While Dangote was shipping from Nigeria to ghana... Ibeto was shipping from Asia... Infact I believe the federal government should have banned cement importation the moment Obadjana was completed...but no, Dangote had to compete unfavourably with cheaper import despite investing massively into local production... Even Sanusi made him to pay Bank loan due to be paid for about 15 years in just few months..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by maasoap(m): 8:25am On Mar 05, 2016
LKO:
The proprietor of Innoson motors publicly adopted Jonathan as his sole candidate in the last presidential election and donated scores of buses to the Jonathan campaign organization.

Businessmen should be discrete in their political dealings and must separate their business from politics.
If he actually did that, there will definitely be consequences.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

Yoruba thinking. One man business is the hallmark of Igbo entrepreneurship. We don't do shares like yoruba.

Did Innoson tell you that he needs help with money? He is going at calculated pace...he knows what he is doing!
that is why a igbo man will never be listed on thr forbes list..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Mackson01: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Pan & innosson are all welcome. We want development. Biz is competition. As many other one is free to join to perfect the market. Make we forget all vthis north ,south, west agenda. It purely Nigeria agenda . every hand must be on deck to revive the economy.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Miminat(f): 8:31am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:
I wish we can replicate same down south. I won't be surprised if Peugeot is adopted eventually as the official car of government official

That's what its gonna be... the Legislators are buying Peugeot as their official cars.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2n2k(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2016
Allwility:
If AMCON sells PAN shares to these states and investors, then everything is wrong with the system. Whatever happened to call for bids?? The PAN's shares to be sold are they FGN's shares?? People on NL will be busy looking at the tribalistic angle of this while a wrecking gang will sell off our national assets with just one proposal.

You and other posters here don't get some facts right.

PAN was a joint venture between AP of France and Federal govt/some state governments established in the 70s

Nigeria governments (federal and states) were majority shareholder but the AP was the technical partner and operator of the venture.

Nigeria govt already sold its shares in PAN during privatization exercise to ASD Motors owned by Alhaji Sani Dauda. It was at the same time that govt sold off VW in Lagos and Fiat in Kano.

ASD financed the acquisition of the government shares in PAN by borrowing from Nigerian banks.

The loans turned bad and AMCON acquired the loans from banks and thus become indirect owner of PAN.

Just like any other loans, AMCON must exit the liability by either recovering from the original debtor or sell off the debt to new interested person(s). That is what brought up the issue of Dangote and new investors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by texazzpete(m): 8:34am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

A lot of Nigerians till this day are totally oblivious of northern agenda. As soon as they saw Innoson getting media spotlight and possible patronage...cash going into SE, they met and agreed to stop this Igbo man immediately. A northern billionaire will champion the cause...Dangote. Expect Dangote vs Ibeto scenario to play out...using government connection to stifle Innoson like they did to Ibeto. One Nigeria for you!

You may ask...why do I think like this? Well from experience, it happened to Ibeto.

Lazy, narrow minded thinking at its finest.

Instead of encouraging Innoson to improve his marketing and target the millions of regular Nigerians who buy cars, you folks are more interesting in encouraging him to continue his baffling decision to mainly target Government patronage and to continue to use faux-patriotism to run to the Government for more funds.

Where are the Innoson road shows in Lagos, PHC or Abuja? where can you do a test drive of Innoson motors in Berger or Ikeja or maryland? Where are the TV adverts?

Instead, it's the lazy approach you folks encourage.

Yes! Blame the Hausa man. Blame the Northerner. Not a single one of you has asked why none of the 1000 igbo produced, directed and distributed Nollywood movies does any significant product placement for Innoson vehicles.

I challenge you to list any 3 Nollywood movies where the main star drove an Innoson car.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Mackson01: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2016
El rufai has created 120000 jobs in just 9 month yet one useless Ekiti gov will be parading the street on okada to buy roasted corn and pricing ponmo. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2sexyus: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

A lot of Nigerians till this day are totally oblivious of northern agenda. As soon as they saw Innoson getting media spotlight and possible patronage...cash going into SE, they met and agreed to stop this Igbo man immediately. A northern billionaire will champion the cause...Dangote. Expect Dangote vs Ibeto scenario to play out...using government connection to stifle Innoson like they did to Ibeto. One Nigeria for you!

You may ask...why do I think like this? Well from experience, it happened to Ibeto.
Stop the blame game bro. Life is all about survival of the fittest. Are there no Igbo Billionaires to join Innoson? I AM FULL BLOODED ANAMBRA BOY...

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2sexyus: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2016
texazzpete:

Lazy, narrow minded thinking at its finest.

Instead of encouraging Innoson to improve his marketing and target the millions of regular Nigerians who buy cars, you folks are more interesting in encouraging him to continue his baffling decision to mainly target Government patronage and to continue to use faux-patriotism to run to the Government for more funds.

Where are the Innoson road shows in Lagos, PHC or Abuja? where can you do a test drive of Innoson motors in Berger or Ikeja or maryland? Where are the TV adverts?

Instead, it's the lazy approach you folks encourage.

Yes! Blame the Hausa man. Blame the Northerner. Not a single one of you has asked why none of the 1000 igbo produced, directed and distributed Nollywood movies does any significant product placement for Innoson vehicles.

I challenge you to list any 3 Nollywood movies where the main star drove an Innoson car.

exactly!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by modath(f): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2016
nyben4eva:
Igbos should be very careful in Nigeria,there's a strong conspiracy going on between the Hausas and Yorubas to relegate you to nothing in Nigeria and that was behind the formation of APC.They want to bring your businesses down by making unecessary polices which affects you directly and take over the businesses you do.

The North and South West don't like anything Igbo and have sworn to make life unbearable for you.You people should believe in God and your abilities to be creative in any aspect of life you find yourselves.

The plan is to reduce the Igbos to nothing and I'm gradually seeing this wicked plan unfold before my very eyes.If you want to invest,the South South and South East is always open for you because any investment done in the South West and North is a complete waste.

Why are you people like this for heaven's sake

Why can't you folks demand for one thing & stay the course..

1. You want a country of your own

2. You want regional autonomy

3. You want the Ibo businesses to exist in Isolation

4. You want nothing to do with other regions.

&

5. You want other regions to neglect their region to support yours without any reciprocity from you! That's a beautiful & sound reasoning.. lipsrsealed

So El-Rufai & co should leave their region & champion a business plan from another? Issokay...

Just bear in mind that PAN has been in existence even before Innoson ever conceived the idea of a car manufacturing plant, PAN was one time official automobile of MDAs, PAN is in Kaduna & it will amount to sheer stupidity for a governor that intends to grow IGR to neglect exploring a resuscitation of this plant...

Moreover, the sky is big enough for all birds to do their thing, the existence of one should not preclude another, two auto companies are not even enough as it is, & innoson's branding style sucks Lemon....

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by slap1(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Aringon:

Innoson Motors does not have a good sales and marketing team, the IVM as their logo is too local. He should have gone for something like I( nicely done with oblong circle on it instead of that IVM)#MyThought

Then go after companies that deal on cars, appoint them as your distributors, then set up. Repair centres across the country with spare parts available.

I totally agree with you here. That logo sha, I always thought it could be better, and even the names (models) of the cars need upgrading.

I see his vehicles everyday. He should wake up and do more now that he has got some exposure.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by onatisi(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:

Both to me are not aggressive in their marketing and that's the most important part of business. Some peeps can literally make you buy poo with proper marketing.

With dangote involved in PAN, I see the North exporting cars to the south
Innoson motors is doing a wonderful marketing job. You just don't jump into advertisement or large marketing without doing your proper homework. Govt patronage should be first and this is something government isn't doing much about ,if all state governments in Nigeria ,ministries both state and federal,universities both state and federal,adopt annamco and innoson as their official vehicles and cars this will go a long way in boosting these companies revenues,increase the investment capital which will give them more money for expansion,give them the Nigerian image which will make Nigerians adopt them. But what we have today is the government budgeting almost 4 billion naira to import bmw cars from Germany and we keep playing lip service to made in Nigeria products. Just yesterday the minister for agric said they have imported grasses from brazil into Nigeria . Now who is fooling who
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by MrEverest(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2016
nyben4eva:
Igbos should be very careful in Nigeria,there's a strong conspiracy going on between the Hausas and Yorubas to relegate you to nothing in Nigeria and that was behind the formation of APC.They want to bring your businesses down by making unecessary polices which affects you directly and take over the businesses you do.

The North and South West don't like anything Igbo and have sworn to make life unbearable for you.You people should believe in God and your abilities to be creative in any aspect of life you find yourselves.

The plan is to reduce the Igbos to nothing and I'm gradually seeing this wicked plan unfold before my very eyes.If you want to invest,the South South and South East is always open for you because any investment done in the South West and North is a complete waste.
Ofcourse thats an open secret. I keep telling our brothers but one fuulish man from Anambra called erisco built the biggest tomato manufacturing plant in Lagos! Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ChelseaDotCom: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

Yoruba thinking. One man business is the hallmark of Igbo entrepreneurship. We don't do shares like yoruba.

Did Innoson tell you that he needs help with money? He is going at calculated pace...he knows what he is doing!

Too much olodos and babies on Nairaland....little wonder why govt needs to begin entrepreneurship education in our Secondary schools....#YouknowNextNothingAboutBiz

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2n2k(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:

Innoson motors is doing a wonderful marketing job. You just don't jump into advertisement or large marketing without doing your proper homework. Govt patronage should be first and this is something government isn't doing much about ,if all state governments in Nigeria ,ministries both state and federal,universities both state and federal,adopt annamco and innoson as their official vehicles and cars this will go a long way in boosting these companies revenues,increase the investment capital which will give them more money for expansion,give them the Nigerian image which will make Nigerians adopt them. But what we have today is the government budgeting almost 4 billion naira to import bmw cars from Germany and we keep playing lip service to made in Nigeria products. Just yesterday the minister for agric said they have imported grasses from brazil into Nigeria . Now who is fooling who

At bolded. What should make government adopt ANNAMCO vehicles as official vehicles at the expense of PAN vehicles? They are both on the same pedestal. ANNAMCO in Enugu is a partnership with Mercedes of Germany while PAN in Kaduna is with Peugeot of France. There are many other plants on the same level - Steyr in Bauchi, Fiat in Kano, Leyland in Ibadan and VW in Lagos. Innoson SUVs for all the noises is just a rebadged GAC Motors of China. Google that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by onatisi(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2016
2n2k:

At bolded. What should make government adopt ANNAMCO vehicles as official vehicles at the expense of PAN vehicles? They are both on the same pedestal. ANNAMCO in Enugu is a partnership with Mercedes of Germany while PAN in Kaduna is with Peugeot of France. There are many other plants on the same level - Steyr in Bauchi, Fiat in Kano, Leyland in Ibadan and VW in Lagos. Innoson for all the noises is just a rebadged GAC Motors of China. Google that.
Bros you are not getting the point in my post. You are looking at 3% of what I said and neglecting 97%.now listen,there is no industrialized nation in the work that uses a foreign made car as her official vehicles most especially if they have car manufacturers in their country. In the early 80s,India banned all foreign cars and developed theirs ,only diplomats and the very rich were allowed to own such imported cars. Go to the usa ,you wont see any government office using a foreign car as their official vehicles,go to china,uk,France and all these countries. Now if we have more than 3 car manufacturers in Nigeria ,it makes the whole thing better. There should be a law that mandates all government offices and parastatals in Nigeria to only buy Nigeria made cars and vehicles. For big multi billion naira sectors like this government patronage is the first point of call for manufactuers
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:

Both to me are not aggressive in their marketing and that's the most important part of business. Some peeps can literally make you buy poo with proper marketing.

With dangote involved in PAN, I see the North exporting cars to the south
My bro, what INNOSON needs for now is to work on the quality and durability of their cars! After that they shud work on agressive marketing like the one adopted by KAI year ago when they entered d Nig market!
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2n2k(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:

Bros you are not getting the point in my post. You are looking at 3% of what I said and neglecting 97%.now listen,there is no industrialized nation in the work that uses a foreign made car as her official vehicles most especially if they have car manufacturers in their country. In the early 80s,India banned all foreign cars and developed theirs ,only diplomats and the very rich were allowed to own such imported cars. Go to the usa ,you wont see any government office using a foreign car as their official vehicles,go to china,uk,France and all these countries. Now if we have more than 3 car manufacturers in Nigeria ,it makes the whole thing better. There should be a law that mandates all government offices and parastatals in Nigeria to only buy Nigeria made cars and vehicles. For big multi billion naira sectors like this government patronage is the first point of call for manufactuers

Now that almost all major vehicles makers are reported to be interested in setting up assembly plants in Nigeria as a result of GEJ's promoted policy, which one are we going to adopt?
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

Why re u such a bigot brother? Am frm d South too and ii support any competition of such! This kind of competition is good because evry bdy will strive to be better! Is this not what we ve been lookinng for?
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by onatisi(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2016
2n2k:

Now that almost all major vehicles makers are reported to be interested in setting up assembly plants in Nigeria as a result of GEJ's promoted policy, which one are we going to adopt?
If you have 10 cars to choose from,how will you pick your choice?
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2016
ALISMILE:
Why re u such a bigot brother? Am frm d South too and ii support any competition of such! This kind of competition is good because evry bdy will strive to be better! Is this not what we ve been lookinng for?

I support competition my brother. Go and read what happened to Ibeto please.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

Don't be surprised if they prevent Innoson from even exporting but allow PAN to export.
u er a joke! This iss jus how tribalism induces real physical mental blindness!
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

I support competition my brother. Go and read what happened to Ibeto please.
giv me the link and I ll read it and get back to u!
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2n2k(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2016
onatisi:

If you have 10 cars to choose from,how will you pick your choice?

Making personal choice is different from government choosing. If government should promote and adopt one or two of those as official, what do you think will happen to the rest?
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Allwility: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2016
2n2k:

You and other posters here don't get some facts right.

PAN was a joint venture between AP of France and Federal govt/some state governments established in the 70s

Nigeria governments (federal and states) were majority shareholder but the AP was the technical partner and operator of the venture.

Nigeria govt already sold its shares in PAN during privatization exercise to ASD Motors owned by Alhaji Sani Dauda. It was at the same time that govt sold off VW in Lagos and Fiat in Kano.

ASD financed the acquisition of the government shares in PAN by borrowing from Nigerian banks.

The loans turned bad and AMCON acquired the loans from banks and thus become indirect owner of PAN.

Just like any other loans, AMCON must exit the liability by either recovering from the original debtor or sell off the debt to new interested person(s). That is what brought up the issue of Dangote and new investors

Thanks for the brief lesson in history. But you need not stop there. Who does AMCON represent? The FG of course!! That makes those shares our national asset. So my first comment is very much valid. If the shares are to be disposed a competitive bid should be done.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

Little wonder why recently when I read FORBES list of richest black men in d World, there is no ibo man in d list! All ddominated by Dangote and Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by osita76(m): 10:10am On Mar 05, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I have said it before,unless innoson do marketing,no show for am before,he nedds to build factoies,in lagos Ph qnd abuja,but na lie,he no listen....see as ab.oki don run am out of business
how many factories did Dangote build in the south east and south south regions
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Lobolintin(m): 10:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Ymodulus:

Bro many things are wrong with Innoson.

You don't just produce a Brand and expect people to buy base on nepotic grounds - in this case indigenous coy. Innoson is still following the lame Igbo man business mentality.

Igbos are know to be business doers, however they are not intelligent business men they are just brilliant business men.

They fail to realise that there should be injection of modern business principles to excellent, and this is the reason you hardly see an Igbo business man go high to the level of Dangote, Otedola, Wale Tinubu, Folorunsho Alakija and likes.

Take note that the few igbos ( Delta Igboa actually ), who are excelling in their business nationally and internationally are those who out modern days international business standards to work.

Let me be straight and simple. Advertising is the bane of any business and innoson is yet to get this. Advert is all to a business. The power of the media should never be underestimated, with advert you can paint black as gold and Gold as brown. Innoson is yet to do this.

As long as innoson keeps believing in self sales and not spending money on advert. They will keep beeen relegated to the lower division leagues.

Igbo's has the larger number of billionaires in dollars aboki

Go and find out,
They don't sale shares AMD as such controls the economy
1,Arthur Eze,
2,Ifeanyi Uba capital oil
3, Chris Unah
4, Rocha's okorocha
5, InnocenChukwuma Innoson motors
6,Cosmos maduka,cocharis motors
7, Orji Uzor kalu sloak airlines
8, Dude make I dey mention ?

Grow brain aboki,this re few Igbo men we all know, what of underground billionaires ??
That shields their business from the prying eyes of governemtn??
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ALISMILE(m): 10:16am On Mar 05, 2016
deluxeT:
I don't really expect any meaningful sudden so called growth in Nigeria if this is the best ways her citizens which I believe will be mostly youth can analyze issues.

the best way to peep into the brains and mind of Nigerian youths is to simply log on to NAIRALAND.

I think your elders have realized this problem and that's why they are never going let u people rule while they are still alive.
GBAM! U could not ve put it any better! An average Nig youth is sooooo dull, sooooo myopic in thinking and sooooo local in mentality! Yet they wud think they re smart!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by babyfaceafrica: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2016
osita76:
how many factories did Dangote build in the south east and south south regions
he is a businessman ,he goes to regions that will yield profits....your region cannot guarantee that!!...ask yourself this simple question why do rich and prominent igbos rich men do more business in the north and sw than in the east?....its business not village meeting!!!

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2016
new2020:

You are very low on IQ, so much that one could smell the earth core when you talk. Do companies only get quoted publicly because of Money? t is that same Hallmark of the Igbo man that has not got him to grow his comapanies into Continental giants like Dangote and Glo etc.
Go and pick your Economics textbook from secondary school, you need a memory refreshing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Excess Fresh Tomatoes Floods Calabar Markets / Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.