Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai (24645 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 2n2k(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2016
Allwility:

Thanks for the brief lesson in history. But you need not stop there. Who does AMCON represent? The FG of course!! That makes those shares our national asset. So my first comment is very much valid. If the shares are to be disposed a competitive bid should be done.

No. AMCON is a Bad Bank floated by CBN and Banks in Nigeria. AMCON operations and acquisition of bad loans are primarily financed by Bonds backed by sovereign guarantee. Its mission is to save good banks from going bad, it is not a matter of representation.

FG had already sold its shares in PAN to an individual who financed the acquisition with a loan that turned bad. It is no longer the responsibility of the govt to resell or determine how the new owner dispose of PAN. If the original lending bank had call in the collateral and dispose off PAN to any willing buyer to recover its loan, AMCON wouldn't have been involved.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by christopher123(m): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:

You are very low on IQ, so much that one could smell the earth core when you talk. Do companies only get quoted publicly because of Money? t is that same Hallmark of the Igbo man that has not got him to grow his comapanies into Continental giants like Dangote and Glo etc.
Go and pick your Economics textbook from secondary school, you need a memory refreshing

You know when people like you talk...I just wonder why and how we got to this level

Companies go to stock exchange basically to raise money ..if you don't need to raise money ..why go stick exchange

Tell me why Chevron , shell BP, halliburton and other firms are not quoted ..tell me why Glo, airtel, MTN are not in stocks ...they basically don't need the money

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Rather than see this development as promoting healthy competition and giving Nigerian a plethora of choices of different cars and then extensively impacting on growing our local industry, most people see it as a ploy to relegate Innoson.

Innoson should in fact be happy that his pioneering move is bringing up more entrants into the sector. I don't think people should assume that he should be the only one producing locally. We need more
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by obailala(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2016
These IPOB people and their paranoid mentalities have infested and wrecked this thread as usual with tribal rants.

When I read the title and contents of this thread, as a normal person, what I saw was that the governor of a state wants to revive moribund industries in his state, starting from an automobile manufacturing plant to moribund textile mills. What I saw was a governor making efforts to gather rich private investors to revive the economy of his state. Imagine we start producing peogeot 508s in Nigeria and government establishments resume the use of peogeut vehicles as official cars? On the whole, I foresaw a better economy for Nigeria.

But obviously, some minds have read a different meaning into this good move; the interpretation is that the northern establishment wants to push INNOSON into into oblivion. And the big question is, WHAT IS WRONG IN THAT? IT'S CALLED COMPETITION!!

Life is all about competition, everyone wants to outdo the other person and yes, in business (just like politics), dirty tricks are even allowed. But since some Nigerians are sadly now used to viewing things only from the myopic prism of tribe, ethnicity, region and religion, I would say, if the north is about support their own PAN to compete and push INNOSON out of business, what stops the south from supporting INNOSON to stay in business? But instead, in the usual paranoid and 'we are victim' ways, the IPOB ideology now chooses to blame the north for the failure of SE and other southern power blocks to be proactive.

Now what's the solution? I think INNOSON has a lot to do in terms of rebranding, if possible, the company has to go public and they need to need to engage in aggresive marketing. I visited their website a while back and couldn't help but notice glaring typos, c'mon! A lot of rebranding needs to be done to place INNOSON on the right track. When there is competition, instead of blaming unseen witches and wizards and principalities and northerners/westerners, the right thing to do is to work harder.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by TeamSimple(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2016
MissingBudget:

It is not about dragging politics into every thing. Just watch out. Shebi we have Dangote, Honeywell noodles in the west and have Tummy Tummy in east?

I don't like thinking like this, but I can't help it with recent happenings. Without government witch hunting, Dangote would have been no where near Ibeto, and Slok Airways would have been competing with some foreign airlines in Nigeria. Orji Uzor Kalu invested a fortune in that company which was grounded for very laughable reasons. No be today na, Oga.
You might be right..Dangote enjoys so much support from the government.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Laid2001: 11:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Nigerian Government used to have assembly plants for Peugeot in Kaduna called PAN, Volkswagen in Lagos called VON, Land Rovers in Ibadan called Leyland and Mercedes Benz in Anambra called ANNAMCO.

Innosson is a one man business and no government has stake in it.

Kaduna state is working to buy the PAN from FG in partnership with the richest man in Africa Dangote.

If Lagos government can syndicate to get VON back on its feet and OYO state and Enugu/Anambra state government can do same for Leyland and ANNAMCO hundreds of thousands of Jobs will be created and FOREX conserved and earned through export of respective cars to African market.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by matrixme(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
Igbo people are often disposed to playing the victim most time. Just because some groups of Northern Entrepreneurs are planning to revive a dead company in their zone doesn't mean it's a calculated attempt to slow down one South Eastern man's business.
It's called competition and you should learn to deal with it. Last I remembered, Nigeria is a free market like every other maturing economies. Knorr, Maggi and Doyin are sharing the market with Chinese products for example. There is always Coke, Pepsi, (that funny one called big cola), lacaersa and local herbs, etc. All of them are hustling for their share of the market, so no one should feel victimized in my own opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by RedCapChief(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
matrixme:
Igbo people are often disposed to playing the victim most time. Just because some groups of Northern Entrepreneurs are planning to revive a dead company in their zone doesn't mean it's a calculated attempt to slow down one South Eastern man's business.
It's called competition and you should learn to deal with it. Last I remembered, Nigeria is a free market like every other maturing economies. Knorr, Maggi and Doyin are sharing the market with Chinese products for example. There is always Coke, Pepsi, (that funny one called big cola), lacaersa and local herbs, etc. All of them are hustling for their share of the market, so no one should feel victimized in my own opinion.

Even though I am Igbo, I agree with the above quote. Nigeria is a free market and Innoson should see this as a call to step up.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by thrugemaster(m): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Even the south east people don't patronize IVM. Hypocrites. Charity starts at home.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
tuale4u:

INNOSEN should move away from one man business mentality. He should go public or ask all d south east states to buy atleast 40% shares. This will guarantee patronage and d business will grow. If el rufai and nothern states buys PAN, INNOSEN growth will be slowed if he does allow the public and state govt tp buy its share.

Dangote to me is an opportunistic business man. Imagine govt closing other businesses just to give him sole license operator. The govt did it during Obasanjo's time. Against Ibeto cement and Burham cement. They did it in Sugar refining too, barring others from investing into it! It was Goodluck that broke it.. Now and recently, govt has barred flourmills from importing wheat. They gave sole license to dangote and told flourmills to buy from him. Flour mills, in turn laid off about 400 workers in that sector! Tell me how this act either helped our economy or made dangote better
Pls verify from others and know my veracity... (For avoidance of doubt)

Have u heard Innoson or Anammco fighting for such things? Even coscharis? Dangote even fought for cement deposit in Ngalagu despite amassing all limestone deposited in the southwest, used federal might but lost, because it was Good luck tenure. If it is now, he must covert it. There is no level playing ground for large industries as fara as dangote is concerned.. Shikena!
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
RedCapChief:

Even though I am Igbo, I agree with the above quote. Nigeria is a free market and Innoson should see this as a call to step up.
tuale4u:

INNOSEN should move away from one man business mentality. He should go public or ask all d south east states to buy atleast 40% shares. This will guarantee patronage and d business will grow. If el rufai and nothern states buys PAN, INNOSEN growth will be slowed if he does allow the public and state govt tp buy its share.

Dangote to me is an opportunistic business man. Imagine govt closing other businesses just to give him sole license operator. The govt did it during Obasanjo's time. Against Ibeto cement and Burham cement. They did it in Sugar refining too, barring others from investing into it! It was Goodluck that broke it.. Now and recently, govt has barred flourmills from importing wheat. They gave sole license to dangote and told flourmills to buy from him. Flour mills, in turn laid off about 400 workers in that sector! Tell me how this act either helped our economy or made dangote better
Pls verify from others and know my veracity... (For avoidance of doubt)

Have u heard Innoson or Anammco fighting for such things? Even coscharis? Dangote even fought for cement deposit in Ngalagu despite amassing all limestone deposited in the southwest, used federal might but lost, because it was Good luck tenure. If it is now, he must covert it. There is no level playing ground for large industries as fara as dangote is concerned.. Shikena!
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
TeamSimple:

You might be right..Dangote enjoys so much support from the government.

You are verrrrryyy correct! That is the naked truth! The northern people have their share with dangote, so they use govt influence too! That is very unethical! Whether people want to believe or not, that is the truth.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by peterjero(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Ymodulus post=43493156]

Bro many things are wrong with Innoson.

You don't just produce a Brand and expect people
You missed the right cord, what I expect from Innoson is to begin the sales of shares to the public and expand he would still hold Controlling shares and there would be more money in the purse for marketing, and more research and development. After all the big business men you mentioned are they doing the sole trader kind of business.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Ymodulus:

Bro many things are wrong with Innoson.

You don't just produce a Brand and expect people to buy base on nepotic grounds - in this case indigenous coy. Innoson is still following the lame Igbo man business mentality.

Igbos are know to be business doers, however they are not intelligent business men they are just brilliant business men.

They fail to realise that there should be injection of modern business principles to excellent, and this is the reason you hardly see an Igbo business man go high to the level of Dangote, Otedola, Wale Tinubu, Folorunsho Alakija and likes.

Take note that the few igbos ( Delta Igboa actually ), who are excelling in their business nationally and internationally are those who out modern days international business standards to work.

Let me be straight and simple. Advertising is the bane of any business and innoson is yet to get this. Advert is all to a business. The power of the media should never be underestimated, with advert you can paint black as gold and Gold as brown. Innoson is yet to do this.

As long as innoson keeps believing in self sales and not spending money on advert. They will keep beeen relegated to the lower division leagues.

The regular Igbo basher....lol. The Young

How many times have you seen a Dangote Cement advert, or a Zenon advert or an Oando advert for that matter?

Have you seen a Coscharis advertising campaign?

Even the fact that you know about Innoson today is through an advertising campaign. And how do you know that they do not advertise their range of products?

These products all have a target market and an advertising strategy using their competitive advantage. Innoson is using the "made in Nigeria by a Nigerian" campaign strategy to sell its products. Today it is a brand name and for now, its market is the South East because that's where it has a competitive advantage.

Not everything has to be issues that relate with nepotism.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2016
[quote author=peterjero post=43507449][/quote]

I bet you have an idea of what you're saying
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2016
2n2k:

No. AMCON is a Bad Bank floated by CBN and Banks in Nigeria. AMCON operations and acquisition of bad loans are primarily financed by Bonds backed by sovereign guarantee. Its mission is to save good banks from going bad, it is not a matter of representation.

FG had already sold its shares in PAN to an individual who financed the acquisition with a loan that turned bad. It is no longer the responsibility of the govt to resell or determine how the new owner dispose of PAN. If the original lending bank had call in the collateral and dispose off PAN to any willing buyer to recover its loan, AMCON wouldn't have been involved.

Yes.

There has to be a competitive bidding process. There should be a advert for tender opportunities for prospective buyers and the process must be transparent.

Like the guy you quoted said, AMCOM is a Federal Government Agency that used people's money to acquire bad debts from banks. So as it disposes off these assets, its action must be seen to be open, transparent and restore confidence that its actions will not be seen to create the same problem for which it was created.

Thirdly, AMCON is not a BANK but an Asset Management Company (a financial institution as with a bank) created as a Special Purpose Vehicle by the CBN in conjunction with NDIC and the banks are expected to make regular contribution towards a "Sinking Fund". Its job is basically to ensure a healthy banking system and absorbing shocks created by the activities of loans (bad debts or non-performing loans).
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 8:21am On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

Innoson motors is doing a wonderful marketing job. You just don't jump into advertisement or large marketing without doing your proper homework. Govt patronage should be first and this is something government isn't doing much about ,if all state governments in Nigeria ,ministries both state and federal,universities both state and federal,adopt annamco and innoson as their official vehicles and cars this will go a long way in boosting these companies revenues,increase the investment capital which will give them more money for expansion,give them the Nigerian image which will make Nigerians adopt them. But what we have today is the government budgeting almost 4 billion naira to import bmw cars from Germany and we keep playing lip service to made in Nigeria products. Just yesterday the minister for agric said they have imported grasses from brazil into Nigeria . Now who is fooling who

It appears I know you somewhere due to your writing style. I liked what you wrote in your opening sentence.

Most people have no idea on how marketing and advertising works. Peugeot Automobile got to this height because the government at that time patronised it. Now the government is still patronising it.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 8:26am On Mar 06, 2016
2n2k:

Making personal choice is different from government choosing. If government should promote and adopt one or two of those as official, what do you think will happen to the rest?

@onatisi

There are cars that will always be used for specific functions in the world over. Presidents naturally go with the the Mercedes. Even in US, it is used for diplomatic functions. The US president uses the Cadillac. The Beast. In other countries the preferred car is the Mercedes and maybe BMW.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2016
Allwility:

Thanks for the brief lesson in history. But you need not stop there. Who does AMCON represent? The FG of course!! That makes those shares our national asset. So my first comment is very much valid. If the shares are to be disposed a competitive bid should be done.

They are not "our" national assets if by that you mean the "taxes we pay". Like 2n2k rightly said, someone used loans from the bank to finance the acquisition of PAN. AMCON can to reacquire that loan because it has become toxic and automatically becoming the new owners of the shares acquired by the first investor.

But the money used by AMCON to acquire the loan was obtained through the issuance of bonds some of them by investors and not "our taxes"
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Ymodulus: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2016
kaboninc:

The regular Igbo basher....lol. The Young

How many times have you seen a Dangote Cement advert, or a Zenon advert or an Oando advert for that matter?

Have you seen a Coscharis advertising campaign?

Even the fact that you know about Innoson today is through an advertising campaign. And how do you know that they do not advertise their range of products?

These products all have a target market and an advertising strategy using their competitive advantage. Innoson is using the "made in Nigeria by a Nigerian" campaign strategy to sell its products. Today it is a brand name and for now, its market is the South East because that's where it has a competitive advantage.

Not everything has to be issues that relate with nepotism.

There is a stage you get to in business you need no advert to sell again. You already have the command of the market. You and I know this well.

Dangote has gotten to that stage he is a house hold name, so also others.

Needless I tell you that Glo even advertise on CNN, Banks even advertise on international media.

Who is Innoson? I expect him to do several things.

- Open up his business
- Sell shares
- Create Adverts
- create avenue, for people to get cars cheap through bank auto loan and salary cheme etc.

If you look at Hyundai and Kia, they have a high rate of penetration intohe market today, that's effective advert + Marketing + business logic. They know how to sell their brand and make us see why we should get a cheap car at cheaper price.

Please don't compare Coscharis with Innoson. Coscharis is targeted at the rich, Innoson is not. Coscharis made his money from government, supply of Ford PickUp vehicles to Government Agencies And all. Where is he now?

Have you not noticed that security outfits, forces now use Toyota Hilux and gotten from direct source than allow Innoson do purchase? Innnoson shut himself down when he played the usual lame Igbo man business logic, by allowing greed to come in.

The target market of Innoson is the low lives, but does the low life have access to this vehicles or even have an idea of the vehicle name?

Out of every 10people you ask on the street only quarter of a person knows innoson vehicle by name. Innoson want to share same idealogy / logic like Hyundai and Kia. But they do t the wrong way.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2016
Ymodulus:

There is a stage you get to in business you need no advert to sell again. You already have the command of the market. You and I know this well.

Dangote has gotten to that stage he is a house hold name, so also others.

Needless I tell you that Glo even advertise on CNN, Banks even advertise on international media.

Who is Innoson? I expect him to do several things.

- Open up his business
- Sell shares
- Create Adverts
- create avenue, for people to get cars cheap through bank auto loan and salary cheme etc.

If you look at Hyundai and Kia, they have a high rate of penetration intohe market today, that's effective advert + Marketing + business logic. They know how to sell their brand and make us see why we should get a cheap car at cheaper price.

Please don't compare Coscharis with Innoson. Coscharis is targeted at the rich, Innoson is not. Coscharis made his money from government, supply of Ford PickUp vehicles to Government Agencies And all. Where is he now?

Have you not noticed that security outfits, forces now use Toyota Hilux and gotten from direct source than allow Innoson do purchase? Innnoson shut himself down when he played the usual lame Igbo man business logic, by allowing greed to come in.

The target market of Innoson is the low lives, but does the low life have access to this vehicles or even have an idea of the vehicle name?

Out of every 10people you ask on the street only quarter of a person knows innoson vehicle by name. Innoson want to share same idealogy / logic like Hyundai and Kia. But they do t the wrong way.

How many of these companies you quoted listed their shares on the exchange? Aside Dangote who we all know enjoy tremendous government patronage and favours and even policies made specifically that favours his business giving him an undue advantage over others? Do we talk about the cement, now his expansion into other African countries using our scarce foreign reserves, or now the refineries he's committed to build? And how many of his companies are listed and what's the controlling stake of the cement company?

You talk about Glo...the telecommunication industry is very very competitive with just under 5 competitors and there's so much scramble for market share in the GSM segment. There's need to continuously advertise their products because that's the only sane thing they can do.

All industries have peculiar advertising strategies. You can compare their products either. Now you talk of Kia and Hyundai. Like I said every product has its competitive advantage which it can leverage in exploiting its market niche. These companies I just mention targets the "middle class segment" mostly in the "private sector" and not just all sectors but sectors that have this capacity to generate a considerable amount of income. They have high penetration in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt because those who live in these regions ave a larger percentage of concentration of middle class individuals.

Innoson in as it has products that Kia/Hyundai products has thought that patronising government will give it better returns for its business. That's their strategy and for now its working. Another sector they are also patronizing is the transport segment with their bus range of products. These transportation service providers meet IVM for the supply of small sized bus for their business.

IVM as we've seen is also being patronized by the security agencies in fabricating spare parts. These are products with unique selling skills.

Or if you think he's wailing about his tribe, why is the federal government patronising him?

Coscharis has products that meet the needs of both the rich and middle income class. Yet how often do you see him advertise his products?

As Dangote, Oando, Coscharis are home made brands, so also with Innoson.

You talked about security forces patronizing Toyota...and I'll say it again that it is all about your marketing strategy. If the government want to patronize Innoson, they'll ask for their trucks and it also depend on the contract or procurement manager. As they begin to seek government's patronage, they'll end up establishing themselves and note that he is not the only ones who is seeking government's patronage.

On the car loan, there's an existing policy debate on the start up. Its not just about getting any car but a car that meets your needs. Using loans to obtain cars is a collective responsibility and not just innoson.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by onatisi(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2016
kaboninc:

@onatisi

There are cars that will always be used for specific functions in the world over. Presidents naturally go with the the Mercedes. Even in US, it is used for diplomatic functions. The US president uses the Cadillac. The Beast. In other countries the preferred car is the Mercedes and maybe BMW.

The Cadillac is made in the USA and the manufacturer is an American company.the buik ,beast,ford are all American made cars .because their government patronises these American car makers ,it gives the citizens the confidence to also patronise them. If government doesn't patronize local industries how will the citizens do and also how will other countries patronize them?
The Chinese government go all over the world giving loans to countries all in a bid to push the products of local Chinese companies into these markets and countries . I doubt it if the Chinese government will be using Mercedes Benz as their official car. This is my argument
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kaboninc(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

The Cadillac is made in the USA and the manufacturer is an American company.the buik ,beast,ford are all American made cars .because their government patronises these American car makers ,it gives the citizens the confidence to also patronise them. If government doesn't patronize local industries how will the citizens do and also how will other countries patronize them?
The Chinese government go all over the world giving loans to countries all in a bid to push the products of local Chinese companies into these markets and countries . I doubt it if the Chinese government will be using Mercedes Benz as their official car. This is my argument

I have no problem with your point of view or argument. But there are some products that "defy" the issue of "government's patronage" such as "luxury goods".
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by peterjero(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2016
kaboninc:

I bet you have an idea of what you're saying
What's wrong with what I said.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by onatisi(m): 10:52am On Mar 06, 2016
kaboninc:

I have no problem with your point of view or argument. But there are some products that "defy" the issue of "government's patronage" such as "luxury goods".
I perfectly agree with you on this. Blackberry which is a Canadian company was once used by USA government officials due it security features and I think the German government has accepted blackberry too because it is very hard to hack
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by osita76(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
he is a businessman ,he goes to regions that will yield profits....your region cannot guarantee that!!...ask yourself this simple question why do rich and prominent igbos rich men do more business in the north and sw than in the east?....its business not village meeting!!!
The Igbos' are the most detribalsed ethnic group in Nigeria that informs their decision of investing in every part of Nigerian others should emulate them
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Rajosh(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2016
mu2sa2:
Why are you SE guys afraid of competition? Peugeot Assembly Plant was established in the 1970s, that's more than 3 decades before innoson. Ironically even the SE state govts & people do not all patronize innoson - they seem to prefer the Toyotas, Kia, bmws,volvos. The effort to revive Pan should be seen as part of the plan to revamp local industries. Nigeria needs not only innoson but also Pan and many more local industries.
I'm not from the SE. I'm a full blooded igala guy and the last time I checked, Kogi is a northern state.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Rajosh(m): 8:43am On Apr 03, 2016
TeamSimple:

Invest in concepts of a nation seeking secession? Kini anfani okobo to kowo fun olosho? (for what benefit is it for an impotent man to give money to a prostitute)
you and I know that secession will never work. doing business with them will make them abandon the idea of secession because they know they have a lot to loose. I was born and brought up in kano and I know so many Igbo people who don't want to go because they're already established there. it's not easy to start from the scratch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Excess Fresh Tomatoes Floods Calabar Markets / Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.