Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam (30160 Views)

2 Igbo Girls Rescued After Being Kidnapped & Forcefully Converted To Islam (pic) / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Abuja & Converted To Islam Rescued In Katsina / Ifesinachi Ani kidnapped In Abuja And Converted To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Eseose9(f): 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
Daintelectual:
Social media is really a blessing! We have lived in the north and witnessed this kind of atrocities but nobody could do anything! Today try it and it's all over nigeria in a second!

Thank you my brother.
I was born and brought up in the north
I you dare not speak out it not na DIE be that
even the parents of the girls dare not say anything.

4 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by gidjah(m): 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
shehu shehu !!,is this news a new one ?are you hearing it for the first time ?
Shehucom:
If all this claims are true, then let naira landers know that this aren't in anyway tenets of Islam, no one has the right to force anyone into accepting Islam, accepting Islam is a choice, however those forcefully converting people out of their will should be brought to book. I remain a Muslim and am proud because I follow strictly what the prophet taught. I don't follow my whims and caprices.... Iree o

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by rahman3853(m): 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
This woman activist well at all, case of October 2009 she is just tendering the petition after 7years. Even if the girl was 14years back then, she must be an adult now. Them see say Oruru case was successful them one bring their own just to be noticed.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by preggi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

Why now? Was there no government or NGOs between 2009 to 2015? A 14 year old in 2009 is now 20 or 21 years of age, would have probably given birth numerous times and by now accepted her fate. What were the parents or family members doing since then? Abeg make this people go sit down jaare, another publicity stunt!
When one of yours is abducted, I hope it will be another publicity stunt and then you will be well seated.

Parents will identify with the Ejeh family travails. I doubt if you are a parent

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by COCKCROW: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:
If all this claims are true, then let naira landers know that this aren't in anyway tenets of Islam, no one has the right to force anyone into accepting Islam, accepting Islam is a choice, however those forcefully converting people out of their will should be brought to book. I remain a Muslim and am proud because I follow strictly what the prophet taught. I don't follow my whims and caprices.... Iree o

That means you are not a true moslem or that you are hiding something. Your book has it you can kill, create fears, subdue people of other religion untill their freedom is removed and they pay tax for them to allowed to be....

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Qpetz: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Corruption everywhere.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by carinmom(f): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
sheubaba2013:
Another cheap media lie and propaganda. Why are d girls always 14yrs? Don't say what u don't know about the Prophet (pbuh) because is a sin
My brother I'm tired of all the propaganda. As you have pointed out, i too refuse to believe that all the girls kidnapped are of the same age, is that actually a coincidence?

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by preggi(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
sheubaba2013:
Another cheap media lie and propaganda. Why are d girls always 14yrs? Don't say what u don't know about the Prophet (pbuh) because is a sin

The Kano and Sokoto abduction cases are cheap media lie?

You want to know why the girls are always 14 yrs? Ask the Sultan and the Emir or better still the Imams.

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by bankylan: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
OGACLO:
Because change is here all the attrocities allowed in the past is been corrected by this listening Government.

Zombie spotted!

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by sniperr007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:

Wat abt d imam dat does d conversation/marriage? R dey not meant to ask questions abt d girls age & family?
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by sniperr007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:

Wat abt d imam dat does d conversion /marriage? R dey not meant to ask questions abt d girls age & family?

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
naijadeyhia2:

Rebecca was 20yrs old when isaac married her as against mohammads craving for a 6yr old to be his baby mama

Go and read your bible very well, Rebecca was 3 years old when promised to a 40 year old Isaac.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
preggi:

When one of yours is abducted, I hope it will be another publicity stunt and then you will be well seated.

Parents will identify with the Ejeh family travails. I doubt if you are a parent

Shut your stinking mouth! Any parent that allows his or her child to be taken away and keeps quiet for over 6 years is not worthy of being called a parent. Responsible parents that I know would have raised hell and moved mountains just to get the child back especially when the culprit is known. So before you bore me with your useless rhetoric, shove it!
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by ransomed: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:
::-- Do us a favour by Preaching this to your brothers. Thank you.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Daintelectual(m): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Eseose9:

Thank you my brother.
I was born and brought up in the north
I you dare not speak out it not na DIE be that
even the parents of the girls dare not say anything.
That's why I am suprised at the way people are screaming there lives out, ese's case and the rest that has been made public are just few out of thousands of cases.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
ovo4u:

But you dont see any christain going to any country to import underage girls just because the Aboki has enough money to pay the parent off for the young innocent girl and on the other hand I still have not see any christain going to the north to import some muslim underage girl and bring them down to the the south and married them and convert them to christain.

If I were to meet a girl which is originally muslim and I as a christian, I wouldnt boader if she will be going to the mosque to do her prayer and I going to my church, let people decided what they want to be and stop supporting rubbish. We will never have a better world if you guys can't condemn this kind of act by your muslim brothers.

You've been found guilty of generalization and as such are not worthy of my time but nonetheless I will educate you a little, as a product of a Christian mother and a Muslim father I find your comment highly offensive. The problem here is not religion, the problem is tradition and lack of a better government. In advanced countries there are laws in place to protect underage girls, there are laws in place against kidnapping and so on but here in Nigeria laws are either non existent or not enforced. Now to my next point, you seem not to realize that Muslims in Saudi Arabia are different from Muslims in Lagos or Muslims in Indonesia or Northern Nigeria. Each society interprets religion according to the tradition and culture of the people there. In the North, marrying a 15 year old girl is seen as the norm,in the South it is seen as a taboo. Are you saying Muslims in the South are not following the Quran? Are you saying Muslims in the North are richer than those in the South? You see my friend, Islam is not the problem, the problem is interpretation.
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by DIKEnaWAR: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:

You are a yoruba muslim or not from the core north. Do you think Muslims from the core north consider you people as genuine muslims? They don't ! They are not in agreement with your religious tolerance and liberal lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

Go and read your bible very well, Rebecca was 3 years old when promised to a 40 year old Isaac.

Your confusion is factory fitted. I suppose a 3 yr rebecca fetched water from a well by herself and fed not only Abrahams servant but also fetched for all the camels he came with. I also suppose a 3 yr old Rebecca was old enough to be asked by her father if she would go with th servant and she was old enough to agree.
Maybe your quran in its normal twisted way twisted th story but my Bible pegged Rebeccas age at marriage at 20 if you calculate from the age she died and how old Isaac was when they got married.

4 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by preggi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

Shut your stinking mouth! Any parent that allows his or her child to be taken away and keeps quiet for over 6 years is not worthy of being called a parent. Responsible parents that I know would have raised hell and moved mountains just to get the child back especially when the culprit is known. So before you bore me with your useless rhetoric, shove it!

Firstly, using vulgar words tells me where you are coming from.
Secondly, have u ever lived in the northern part of Nigeria? If no, then you wouldn't understand the what the Ejeh's must have gone thru.
FYI the kano and Sokoto abduction didn't happen yesterday.
I am sure one day you will become a parent and then you will understand that a lost child is worst than a dead one.

Peace out

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by greatjoey: 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Shehucom:

The way and manner some of you Muslim speak in defence of Islam show that you don't have good knowledge of the religion. If forceful marriage is against the tenet of Islam, explain to Nairalanders the secret behind Mohammed death as a result of the poison he ate when a Jewish woman whom he killed her husband, her people and took her for a wife? Explain to Mauralander what happened in the battle of Nanny when Mohammed and his followers killed all the men and shared their wives among his followers as wives?

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

Why now? Was there no government or NGOs between 2009 to 2015? A 14 year old in 2009 is now 20 or 21 years of age, would have probably given birth numerous times and by now accepted her fate. What were the parents or family members doing since then? Abeg make this people go sit down jaare, another publicity stunt!

i want to believe you are a father and you said this based on your 'fatherly compassion'. Adherent of the religion of piss!

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
preggi:

Firstly, using vulgar words tells me where you are coming from.
Secondly, have u ever lived in the northern part of Nigeria? If no, then you wouldn't understand the what the Ejeh's must have gone thru.
FYI the kano and Sokoto abduction didn't happen yesterday.
I am sure one day you will become a parent and then you will understand that a lost child is worst than a dead one.

Peace out

I probably have more family members in the North than you do and they are smart enough to realize that this situation requires constant harassment of the police,media and all other relevant agencies. For goodness sake what don't you understand here, why has it taken 6 years for this issue to receive media attention? You can say that they are poor and didn't know better but ignorance is not an excuse.They are poor parents and that's the bottom line!
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by abbey621(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
naijadeyhia2:

Your confusion is factory fitted. I suppose a 3 yr rebecca fetched water from a well by herself and fed not only Abrahams servant but also fetched for all the camels he came with. I also suppose a 3 yr old Rebecca was old enough to be asked by her father if she would go with th servant and she was old enough to agree.
Maybe your quran in its normal twisted way twisted th story but my Bible pegged Rebeccas age at marriage at 20 if you calculate from the age she died and how old Isaac was when they got married.

Show me the place in the Bible that confirms she was 20 years of age at the time of marriage? We all know that Isaac married at the age of 40, 3 years after his mother's death. News of Rebecca's birth reached Abraham at the time of Sarah's death, let's say in the olden days it was hard to get news from one point to another, let's say it took 2 to 5 years for Abraham to hear the news and an additional 2 years to reach Rebecca's father, this still leaves Rebecca at a maximum age of 10 when married. Either way you look at it 3 or 10, your beloved Bible supports underage marriages. I know the truth is hard but accept thy fate/faith!
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

You've been found guilty of generalization and as such are not worthy of my time but nonetheless I will educate you a little, as a product of a Christian mother and a Muslim father I find your comment highly offensive. The problem here is not religion, the problem is tradition and lack of a better government. In advanced countries there are laws in place to protect underage girls, there are laws in place against kidnapping and so on but here in Nigeria laws are either non existent or not enforced. Now to my next point, you seem not to realize that Muslims in Saudi Arabia are different from Muslims in Lagos or Muslims in Indonesia or Northern Nigeria. Each society interprets religion according to the tradition and culture of the people there. In the North, marrying a 15 year old girl is seen as the norm,in the South it is seen as a taboo. Are you saying Muslims in the South are not following the Quran? Are you saying Muslims in the North are richer than those in the South? You see my friend, Islam is not the problem, the problem is interpretation.

Abbey, you want to confuse us but we cant be confused. Islam is not the problem but interpretation? where do you people keep your knowledge of the quran when you begin arguing? ok. Did Mohammed marry a 9yr old? so what are you talking about? The northerners have not misinterpreted it, rather they learnt from him! Did Mohammed go to wars ( and definitely killed people)? then ISIS, Alqaeda and boko haram learnt from him! Do people become evil when they are converted to islam? e.g Michael Adefolaju, khadijat etc. My people usually say the day a mad man discovers he is mad then he is on the way to recovery. Sadly, muslims have refused to accept where their problem originated. Mohammed gave u all different bad examples. You can decide to remai n a muslim but atleast accept where the problem is so that you can easily correct it.

3 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Itaarh(m): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
tclever:

May almighty allah and s.a.w forgive you of your evil saying...leave the wrong path your following..and pray fives time daily that's how u are going to find ur self in al-janat

Forget what, abduction of underage?evil saying as how don't you know Islam in nigeria this day is islamabad u pple should change from ur evil ways praying five time daily does not guaranty u a place in heaven except u are born again!

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by egobetatoday: 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
abbey621:

keep displaying your ignorance of the bible. whatever your imams tell you in the mosque, make sure you accept it hook, line , sinker, the fish and even the fisherman join am. Dont research, so that you can come and show your ignorance on social media. The moment u accept that christianity and islam are very different you will begin to spend much time researching on your religion and devising ways to solve the myriad of social ills created by your religion. just an advice!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldiers Dislodge IPOB/ESN Stronghold At Lilu Forest In Anambra State (Photos) / Native Doctor & His Pregnant Wife Killed By Cameroonian Soldiers (Graphic) / Sokoto Bandit, Ummaru Nagona, Shot Dead By Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.