Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam (30113 Views)

2 Igbo Girls Rescued After Being Kidnapped & Forcefully Converted To Islam (pic) / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Abuja & Converted To Islam Rescued In Katsina / Ifesinachi Ani kidnapped In Abuja And Converted To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Xclusivegrin007(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Falana calls on FG to rescue another 14-year-old girl

While the dust is still settling over the alleged kidnap of Ese Oruru, a 14-year-old teenager, Mrs. Funmi Falana, a human rights activist and chairperson of Women Empowerment and Legal Aid (WELA), has called on the Federal Government to rescue a 14 year old girl, Lucy Ejeh, who was allegedly abducted in Zamfara State.

“We have just received another report of the kidnap and conversion from Christianity to Islam of another 14-year old girl named Lucy Ejeh which occured in Zamfara State.

“Miss Ejeh was allegedly abducted by one Hajiya Zarau on the 31st day of October 2009 and taken to an Imam’s house for the purpose of conversion to Islam.

“All efforts made by her parents to secure her release have proved abortive. We use this opportunity to call on the government of Zamfara State to ensure that Miss Ejeh is reunited with her family without any further delay while her abductors are fished out and prosecuted”.

The WELA chairperson noted that the abduction saga of Ese has confirmed the level of insecurity of life and the inadequacy of legal protection for women and children throughout the nation.

She said her group has found that such gross infringement of the human rights of women and children are prevalent in the country due to the connivance of security agencies.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/falana-calls-on-fg-to-rescue-another-14-year-old-girl

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Shehucom(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
If all this claims are true, then let naira landers know that this aren't in anyway tenets of Islam, no one has the right to force anyone into accepting Islam, accepting Islam is a choice, however those forcefully converting people out of their will should be brought to book. I remain a Muslim and am proud because I follow strictly what the prophet taught. I don't follow my whims and caprices.... Iree o

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by ayatt(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
from kano to sokoto to zamfara....am tired of this fuc.king news......tomorrow it might be racheal abducted from enugu to katsina.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by PHfinest(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
na wa

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by kachnov(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
It's the era of kidnapping and converting minors?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by whytet01(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
.8rh to comment...they are planning evil but God will disappoint them

7 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Because change is here all the attrocities allowed in the past is been corrected by this listening Government.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nawa ooo.... nigerian muslims self

1 Like

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by whirlwind7(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
I suspect that the recent case of Ese Oruru will bring to light a lot of such incidents that haven't received much media coverage.
Such abduction of underage girls have been rampant and under reported.

Just wondering why the parents of this particular girl haven't been making much noise since this incident 7 years ago. They were probably subdued by powerful Imams and prominent leaders who covertly support these abductions. See the virulent opposition Ese Oruru's mother received when she went to retrieve her daughter?

7 years is a lot of time. She would probably have about 3 kids by now, and should be able to recite the quran backwards.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by tclever: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
MrDude:
May almighty allah and s.a.w forgive you of your evil saying...leave the wrong path your following..and pray fives time daily that's how u are going to find ur self in al-janat

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by otitokoroleti: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
If we yarn, dem go call us tribalist. I dnt think that muslim in the SouthWestern part of Nigeria practise paedophilism
MadCow1:
Hmmmmm
I ALWAYS LMAFO ANYTIME I READ YOUR SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is getting out of hand. angry

What I don't understand is; with the abundance of Muslim females in the north, why is it that it is only the Christian ones that these paedophiles are interested in to the point of abducting them and converting them to Islam by force.

Is there some special reward in the North or in the quran for marrying a girl converted to Islam? undecided

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Donald3d(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
i don tire

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Daintelectual(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
Social media is really a blessing! We have lived in the north and witnessed this kind of atrocities but nobody could do anything! Today try it and it's all over nigeria in a second!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by phreakabit(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Holy pedophilia.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
What is going on in the north? Jane0000

8 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by onadana: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Maybe some one has hinted them about compensation. How irresponsible can parents be.....2009?The parents need to be prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
undecided Their familiar trademark, in the footsteps of the renowned female child scavenger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by MarshRiley(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
I hope my sister and my future kids will be safe from all ds rubbish
The earlier we act,the safer it is for our daughters and sisters

2 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by RobinHez(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Daintelectual:
Social media is really a blessing! We have lived in the north and witnessed this kind of atrocities but nobody could do anything! Today try it and it's all over nigeria in a second!

Social media was never a curse... Neither is it a blessing. It is only a tool that was created, and like every other tool; it's impacts depends solely on the user. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
peacengine:
This happened in 2009 and the family kept quiet, so what do they want us to do about it after 8 years and five children?
Is there any statue of limitations for crying out for your loved one

12 Likes

Re: 14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam by MadCow1: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book / Customs Officers Attacked In Akwa Ibom, Their Vehicle Set On Fire / Five Dead As Cultists Fight Over A Lady In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.