Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,452 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police (38617 Views)

Why We Raided Peace Corps, Arrested Commandant, Others - Nigerian Police / My Experience Today At A Filling Station / See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by kennyman2000(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by diegwu01: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
You were contemplating using the road,
You contemplated Criminality, and further shared the evil thought with a Uniformed officer of the law. this is an offense.
These days, its allowed by men of the law to take Preemptive measures against criminal minds.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Opinedecandid(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Character education for them.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by miqos02(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
sorry
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by kuuljay(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
Why is every thread on nairaland crawling with these ZOO acronym guys,looks like since soldiers have scared them from any Street protest, they have invaded nairaland why!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by woodboi(m): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Don't have anything to say... Viewing this topic got my attention!
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
Omexonomy:
This rubbish can only happen in boohary regime
And Buhari will remain your president and nightmare till 2023,if you are not happy,migrate to south sudan,ipob son of sorrow.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Ayoh101(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
why didn't you park ur vehicle very well before seeking for help from any body just to avoid traffic obstruction, thank God you will have been in jail by now for traffic offence
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by LOVEGINO(m): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not cleared in this story.
1. how did you know they were police men when u said they were in mufti?

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court.

yes we know Nigeria police are irrational most times but at the same time let us find out the truth and it would set us free

ademega submission.
how did he even capture those pictures?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by olasclef(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
bristol00:
Im an old member of this forum but decided to open another account.

This police guy called mohammed was involved in a brawl with me today.

It all started when i am my two brothers were coming back from oregun, ikeja today 7th of Monday at about 3:45 pm; On approaching a turning towards Ikeja along, railway. We met few police men on mufti while some were on uniform in a hide out looking for prey.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

This was a road we haven't even entered.

All these pictures were taken when We ended up at the railway crossing, Anifowoshe ikeja crossing. The man behind him is working with him too. If police were actually my friend, why is his different?

Imagine a police want to arrest me for carrying pple with a company branded vehicle. Only in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Krak(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not cleared in this story.

2. I have never seen a man that would ask for direction from a police man, not in Nigeria.

3. if you want to ask for direction, you don't do that on motion but either Park or slow down to ask. saying he jumped into the car is funny somehow.

4. are u sure the issue was all about one way or not because with the pix shown their it looked as if it wasn't a one way issue.

5. you refused to tell us what eventually happened and how the issue was resolved or charged to court.

yes we know Nigeria police are irrational most times but at the same time let us find out the truth and it would set us free

ademega submission.

Are you blind, cant you see that man is clearly in a police uniform?

Plus, yes, I have asked directions from policemen in Lagos on several occassions and they attended to me curteosly and with utmost respect. It all depends on your manner of approach and your mode of dressing. Simple.

As to your other questions, I have no answers.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Sleekbaby(f): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
My dear op police is nobody's friend, my colleagues and I boarded bus today, we were chatting before entering the bus but immediately we entered the bus the policeman ordered us to stop chatting and laughing or else he will arrest us.

My pals we have no option than to keep quiet bcoz looking at the man alone shows that he is drunk and I don't want tell story that touch. My advise is keep away from them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by omenka(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
damn

some erdyots already blaming buhari
Some folks in here are just as smart as a cold Egyptian mummy.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by karama22(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
bristol00:

It all started when i am my two brothers were coming back from oregun, ikeja today 7th of Monday at about 3:45 pm; On approaching a turning towards Ikeja along, railway. We met few police men on mufti while some were on uniform in a hide out looking for prey.

We approached this cop whose picture is attached; to ask if we could make right one a road with clearly "NO SIGN OF ONE WAY" Written anywhere; and the next he did was, jump into the car, perhaps telling us we followed a "ONE WAY ROUTE". Even after much explanations to him, he played a deaf , and the next thing was for him to drag the car key from the ignition hole while the vehicle was on motion.

All these pictures were taken when We ended up at the railway crossing, Anifowoshe ikeja crossing. The man behind him is working with him too. If police were actually my friend, why is his different?

police men are very useless wherever they are, illiteracy is disturbing them. A policeman will stop u n be asking of customs paper which kind of rubbish is diz 4 GOD sake?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by ademega(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Krak:

Are you blind, cant you see that man is clearly in a police uniform?

Plus, yes, I have asked directions from policemen in Lagos on several occassions and they attended to me curteosly and with utmost respect. It all depends on your manner of approach and your mode of dressing. Simple.

As to your other questions, I have no answers.

chairman no be fight now aba... blind ke?

I bow for superior argument and not gragra.

answer these questions and people would understand. that u are not only trying to paint already black Nigeria Police men red.

say the truth and let the devil be ashamed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bristol00: 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
@ademega et al Now for those asking if we had entered or not. The road is an L shape. I drove in a vertical position of the L (if you know that along bus stop, facing that local government); When I noticed him directing drivers to drive down into the road, so he could arrest. I hadn't even gotten to the end point of the vertical position when they ran to me.

A passerby was even signaling me not to enter. So figure it. It was so embarrassing how desperate they were.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by DonCortino: 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
omololu2020:
Nigeria is truly a zoo
Zoo you say? Have u ever seen where a lion leaves it cage in a zoo n pounce on a zebra? Or a python leave it cage to that of an rabbit to eat it?
This can only happen in a jungle and that's what nigeria is. period!
angry
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bristol00: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ayoh101:
why didn't you park ur vehicle very well before seeking for help from any body just to avoid traffic obstruction, thank God you will have been in jail by now for traffic offence

How can I obstruct a no go area?? I was parked at a side and the next I saw was this guy coming towards me. Can't I ask a police a question?
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by sirmielee(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
This is the same place I was harassed by the police men for the same story two weeks ago. After much 'Abeg' They make do with my hard earned naira before they released my car. Don't dare take that place again.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bristol00: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
LOVEGINO:
how did he even capture those pictures?

I asked my lil bro who was with me, to take it.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by bily(m): 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
It's only in Lagos the same road will be one way in the day time and dual carriage in the evening without any sign or notification to that effect.

The particular road OP is referring to is one way any time before 5pm (I think), after 5pm it's not one way. That's why you always see police there capitalizing on it, cos there's no way a driver will have that info if he is not a regular on that route.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by jaybim: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
Something similar happened to me at atunrase estate gate about two weeks ago...at about 10.30pm, we had barely turned into the road heading towards gbagada general hospital to connect 3rd mainland when they materized in front of the car. One got in and said we should go to Anthony police station. While I was explaining he tried to pull the key from the ignition and ended up breaking off the remote (Toyota Camry key has the remote attached) He then told his colleagues I was struggling with him and broke the key. Sensing the the car couldn't move any longer (told him it wouldn't start without the remote)they simply got into their truck and drove off.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by rawsh247(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
The cops are your friend in western world, not in naija, they all out there to get tips from you in naija. Funny enough, some of them are so dumb that they don't even know how to play nice and get the tips., on the road, a Nigerian police will sometimes make you wanna beat the hell out of him and put some senses into his head, I wonder what kinda training they gone through to harass you with a pigin English. Frankly, they do lot of bulsheeet on the road that you will begin to find who the IG is to at least give him a big knock in the head to correckt the system !

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by dewzsamuel: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
How do you manage to snap the pix wen u're inside the car?
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by tunesoft(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
That road is notorious now....clearly there is no sign of 'no entry' there however na major source of sharp income for those police. They treat the road as a trap. I gucked myself 2years ago dec 26th on that road...I was coming from an overnight groove...before I could say jack....2 hefty police men with shipish smile jumped into my car....I didn't have time or energy to drag anything that morning....so I just passed them a half filled bottle of henne....5h. Wished them merry xmas No time...they smiled. Came down from the car..and I zoomed off.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Iprofit: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
bristol00:

bleep you,i didnt get even an ish
You can't even make sense

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by DCMIX(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not clear in this story.

ademega submission.
do u live in lagos?
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by JuanDeDios: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sleekbaby:
My dear op police is nobody's friend, my colleagues and I boarded bus today, we were chatting before entering the bus but immediately we entered the bus the policeman ordered us to stop chatting and laughing or else he will arrest us.

My pals we have no option than to keep quiet bcoz looking at the man alone shows that he is drunk and I don't want tell story that touch. My advise is keep away from them.
Lol. For real?!
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
ademega:
as much as we all hate police men but so many things are not clear in this story.

ademega submission.
You are right but i have objection on number 2.
I once reached Abuja around 2am unfortunately i cant drive ourselves to Ibro hotel, in a nutshell i kept asking Police men (3 different patrol teams) for direction till we get there without any form of harassment.
Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
ademega:

ademega submission.

Abeg carry ur mumu analysis commmot for here,na that I too know dey kill dem, I wish I could give one fckin dirty slap make u disappear commot for this w..orld.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Rexnegro(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Omexonomy:
This rubbish can only happen in boohary regime
Try a medical check up , seems you need it

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police by Rexnegro(m): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
hemucology:
I hate Nigeria police no be small
Everybody dislike/hate them even their families...bunch of annoying creatures #ifnotforthe guntheycarryboysfordeybeatthemwella

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent / Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.