Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship (58189 Views)

FG Employs Ocholi’s Son, Gives Others Scholarship / James Ocholi's Son Last Instagram Post Before His Death(photo) / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by EreluY(f): 1:19am On Mar 09, 2016
iWrite4People:
I believe it is a good thing to mourn with those who mourn, and where possible, contribute to ameliorate the pain the people most affected will experience. If you say there are a lot of other bereaved that should also be assisted, I will agree with you. But to say it is shameful to support this? I beg to differ. The man served these people, and they are simply getting the back of his kids. That's simply good human -naturedness.

THIS IS A STUPID AND DAFT TAKE ON THIS MATTER. CAN YOU TELL US WHAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS DONE TO THE CHILDREN OF SOLDIERS WHO DIED IN THE FRONTLINE (E.G. FIGHTING BOKO HARAM). WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by sunshine1974(m): 1:33am On Mar 09, 2016
Mere publicity stunt.......dat young man doesn't need dat job, all left is to manage the late father's businesses not going to son stupid FG job to waste his tym and getting 120k at most at d end of the month.......
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by jumobi1(m): 1:36am On Mar 09, 2016
I give up. if Nigerians want change, they have to buy something first because Buhari no get change o.

2 Likes

Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by sungyong(m): 2:01am On Mar 09, 2016
the bottom line is don't be an average man. rip to the Dead.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by jumobi1(m): 2:07am On Mar 09, 2016
sungyong:
the bottom line is don't be an average man. rip to the Dead.

You can say so if the playing field in Nigeria was level.

2 Likes

Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by Mbediogu(m): 5:15am On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=kennydee05 post=43597816]As part of efforts to support the children left behind by the late Minister of State for Labour, Mr James Ocholi (SAN), the Federal Government has announced automatic employment at the Federal Ministry of Justice for Aaron, his eldest son.

The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, revealed this to the Ocholi family when he paid a visit to his Kado Estate residence at about 3:00pm on Tuesday, to convey his and President Muhammadu Buhari’s condolence message.

He also disclosed that Aaron’s other siblings would enjoy scholarships for their educational pursuits, courtesy of the Federal Government who has pledged to cushion the effect of the loss of their parents.

The Minister added that the Senior Advocate was a very critical part of the change effort of the Federal Government.

He said that President Buhari personally mandated him to inform the family of the late Minister that his administration would do all within its power to ensure he is not missed.

Mr Malami consoled them that death was a necessary end that was bound to happen, adding that God in his infinite mercy had a reason for allowing them to depart the way they did.

“I am here to convey Mr President’s condolence message and he has asked me to personally inform you that you have been given automatic employment in the Federal Ministry of Justice. The employment letter is in process and you can resume work after now”, he told Ocholi’s eldest son.

“Your father was a very hardworking and conscientious member of the Federal Executive Council who was very passionate and worked hard for the realisation of the change agenda of this government.

“Indeed, it is a sad moment for all of us and the vacuum which his death has created is not only for the family, but the leadership as well. He was a great pillar in the struggle which brought this administration to power. He played a major role in the merger process,” the AGF said.

Mr Malami also recalled that as far back as the days of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Ocholi was one of those who stood strong behind President Buhari and was one of those who took part in the judicial struggle afterward in an effort to claim the presidential mandate at the election tribunal up to the Supreme Court at that time.

He prayed that his departed soul rests in peace.

The Minister of State for Labour and Employment died in a road accident along the Kaduna-Abuja highway on Sunday, March 6, along with his wife and son.

The deceased and his family were returning from a private visit in Kaduna.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/08/fg-employs-ocholis-son-gives-others-scholarship/

The news is stale now but each time I read about it, I feel the same shock if not more, despite my not knowing them. A shock remains a shock. God take over the family and make them great again. Amen.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by olagbemi118(m): 5:59am On Mar 09, 2016
He got automatic employment because his late father was a minister. May the good Lord save us from this government. Where did that job come from? So many graduates on the street without father or mother and still, no job. There is God oooo
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by kayalcomp: 6:04am On Mar 09, 2016
Nice gesture. But, the same thing should have been extended to other victims e.g driver of the accident. My condolence to Ocholi family. We lost a great gem in Kogi.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by fabiyi78(m): 6:10am On Mar 09, 2016
RIP to d death, but my question goes does? From December last year to dis moment how many people had died d same way as minister did. What was the FG used to compensate their families. Just because no body to speak for dem at d top. Nigeria can be better than dis if d gap between the poor n or rich politician were not close. There is God
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by LKO(m): 6:24am On Mar 09, 2016
Duru009:
Y not give him a job at NNPC or FIRS or PTDF or NLG

y ministry of justice?

Nonesense.......

My thought exactly. Since d guy is from a rich background, this ministry of justice job may not appea to him much considering their arguably low pay as compared to d agencies u listed.

Since his dad was a SAN, i believe he must have a sprawling chamber, the guy should just go to manage d chamber instead of this job, that is if he have d capacity.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by iWrite4People: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Kindly educate me as to the rules.
woodcook:

Are you aware that there are laid down rules for employing people into the civil service? Can you tell me the logic behind the dead of his father automatically qualifying him for a job he never applied or interviewed for? Afterall his father was going about his personal busines whereas there are several soldiers that died in the line of duty.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by babadem2much(m): 6:26am On Mar 09, 2016
Pavore9:
Nice just hope such scholarship is also extended to children of our soldiers who died defending the country.

The real celebrities' children are not remembered, this are guys who paid supreme sacrifice for the country yet only 2% out of 100 are noticed. God bless u bro
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by hakanai(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2016
Oma307:
Good but the question where does that job comes from? Or have they suddenly get a vacancy for the political privilege since they have clamouring that there is no vacancy in federal ministry and parastatal

You don't have to think too far. At least the over 23000 discovered ghost workers vacancy can be used. A lot of space is becoming available soon within the budget office. grin grin
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by chillbabe(f): 6:47am On Mar 09, 2016
And Eze is not getting anything? After being kidnapped and raped a well she has all ready forgotten. No one cares cause she's from a poor family. I marvel at Nigerian youths the way they support everything of this goverment SMH.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by excel101(m): 7:15am On Mar 09, 2016
kennydee05:
As part of efforts to support the children left behind by the late Minister of State for Labour, Mr James Ocholi (SAN), the Federal Government has announced automatic employment at the Federal Ministry of Justice for Aaron, his eldest son.

The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, revealed this to the Ocholi family when he paid a visit to his Kado Estate residence at about 3:00pm on Tuesday, to convey his and President Muhammadu Buhari’s condolence message.

He also disclosed that Aaron’s other siblings would enjoy scholarships for their educational pursuits, courtesy of the Federal Government who has pledged to cushion the effect of the loss of their parents.

The Minister added that the Senior Advocate was a very critical part of the change effort of the Federal Government.

He said that President Buhari personally mandated him to inform the family of the late Minister that his administration would do all within its power to ensure he is not missed.

Mr Malami consoled them that death was a necessary end that was bound to happen, adding that God in his infinite mercy had a reason for allowing them to depart the way they did.

“I am here to convey Mr President’s condolence message and he has asked me to personally inform you that you have been given automatic employment in the Federal Ministry of Justice. The employment letter is in process and you can resume work after now”, he told Ocholi’s eldest son.

“Your father was a very hardworking and conscientious member of the Federal Executive Council who was very passionate and worked hard for the realisation of the change agenda of this government.

“Indeed, it is a sad moment for all of us and the vacuum which his death has created is not only for the family, but the leadership as well. He was a great pillar in the struggle which brought this administration to power. He played a major role in the merger process,” the AGF said.

Mr Malami also recalled that as far back as the days of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Ocholi was one of those who stood strong behind President Buhari and was one of those who took part in the judicial struggle afterward in an effort to claim the presidential mandate at the election tribunal up to the Supreme Court at that time.

He prayed that his departed soul rests in peace.

The Minister of State for Labour and Employment died in a road accident along the Kaduna-Abuja highway on Sunday, March 6, along with his wife and son.

The deceased and his family were returning from a private visit in Kaduna.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2016/03/08/fg-employs-ocholis-son-gives-others-scholarship/

Good one from Mr President
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2016
sirthisthickkal:
kudos to the FG, this is how to treat a fallen hero am sure this compensation will make james ocholi and his wife smile from their graves.

RIP once again.

It will

Thanks for this piece
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by Rexohi: 7:27am On Mar 09, 2016
BlackPeni5:
I want to say something positive...but nothing comes to mind.

Since we have started like this...let's not forget Yaradua's son, Abacha's son and all the sons of persons who died in active service to the country.
Joe and others should have done that. This is pmb rigime.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by Coldfeets: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2016
idris4r83:
Must person dies before federal government gives automatic employment to their family members in nigeria? It reminds me of immigration recruitment exercise where the victims family were given automatic employment.

My brother!!!

I jus dey ask myself the same question.

Tomorrow, they will come and start telling us that there are no jobs.

Na wa o!
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by jahsharon: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2016
BlackPeni5:

Since we have started like this...let's not forget Yaradua's son, Abacha's son and all the sons of persons who died in active service to the country.

Why not kill your own father and mother too so that Buhari will give you automatic employment and scholarships to your other siblings before police investigation uncovers you as the true killer.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by sddiamond: 8:32am On Mar 09, 2016
BlackPeni5:

yaradua's family was allocated oil block, ofcos you know abacha's story, we all prayed for his death to come & God heard our prayers. i miss yaradua, the only president that cares for the masses. he initiated amnesty for militants, reduced fuel price from OBJ N75 to N65, declared his assets publicly unlike dullard buhari who pretends to be holy while inflating hardship on us. Nigeria i pray for referendum. Proudly IPOD
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by DolaPat: 9:13am On Mar 09, 2016
na wah ohhhh, so nobody gets to talk about the drivers family......LIFE!!!!
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by maxti: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2016
What about the Driver?
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by permanentgrace(m): 9:52am On Mar 09, 2016
Ogbeche77:
RIP to the dead.. But was the employment based on merit or just emotions?
Its a job in a civil service and not a a political appointment.. The vacant post should have been made public & all qualified Nigerians should be given opportunity to apply..
Nigeria is for all Nigerians & not a certain group of elites & their kids..
angry

But people (Nigerians) die every other day from same road and every other nigerian road and no compensation either by way of employment or scholarship to the deceased families. What makes this man's death different from others is what i dont understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by alizma: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2016
Nicur:
Oga no offense but are you related to lair Mohammed in any way?!! grin which scholarship? for where? Kai!! the scholarship was for those killed by boko then ooh it was only a pledge not am not aware of any law that says that.

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army to sponsor education of deceased soldiers’ children

March 4, 2016Press Release

Army photo

The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, has reiterated the pledge of the Nigerian Army to sponsor the education of children of army personnel who lost their lives during the counter-insurgency operations in the North East.

He made the pledge through the Chief of Administration of the Army, Adamu Abubakar, a Major General, during the presentation of the Group Life Assurance cheques to the next of kins of each of the bereaved families at the Army Headquarters Friday in Abuja.

Mr. Abubakar said the cheques were to provide succour to the bereaved families to cushion the economic impact caused by the loss of their bread winners.

He also said that aside from the cheques, the Nigerian Army would sponsor four children each of the bereaved families, from primary up to the tertiary level of education.

The families present at the occasion were full of gratitude to the army for showing commitment in alleviating their plight.

Friday’s event came about two months after the wife of the president, Aisha Buhari, appealed to the Nigerian government to strive toward prompt payment of entitlements to the families of fallen soldiers.

Mrs. Buhari made the call at the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital in Kaduna where soldiers who sustained injuries while fighting insurgents were being treated.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by alizma: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2016
Nicur:
Oga no offense but are you related to lair Mohammed in any way?!! grin which scholarship? for where? Kai!! the scholarship was for those killed by boko then ooh it was only a pledge not am not aware of any law that says that.

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army to sponsor education of deceased soldiers’ children

March 4, 2016Press Release

Army photo

The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, has reiterated the pledge of the Nigerian Army to sponsor the education of children of army personnel who lost their lives during the counter-insurgency operations in the North East.

He made the pledge through the Chief of Administration of the Army, Adamu Abubakar, a Major General, during the presentation of the Group Life Assurance cheques to the next of kins of each of the bereaved families at the Army Headquarters Friday in Abuja.

Mr. Abubakar said the cheques were to provide succour to the bereaved families to cushion the economic impact caused by the loss of their bread winners.

He also said that aside from the cheques, the Nigerian Army would sponsor four children each of the bereaved families, from primary up to the tertiary level of education.

The families present at the occasion were full of gratitude to the army for showing commitment in alleviating their plight.

Friday’s event came about two months after the wife of the president, Aisha Buhari, appealed to the Nigerian government to strive toward prompt payment of entitlements to the families of fallen soldiers.

Mrs. Buhari made the call at the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital in Kaduna where soldiers who sustained injuries while fighting insurgents were being treated.
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by iswallker(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2016
am moved to tears....makes me remember when i lost my dad....
Re: FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship by delishpot: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hybrid01:
A lot of people die everyday but Nelson Mandela's death was noticed in all continents. It's not how far but how well and that is why they say one should always strive to make an impact where-ever he goes. Strive to make an impact and even your fourth generation will reap from the good.
Not talking to anyone o

Not everyone who sacrificed their time and even lives were popular like Nelson but it did not make them less important in the struggle. Us humans put tag on people just to be able to create class and distinction. ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS....fact of life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili: Senator Ahmed Tinubu Could Have Saved Us This Embarrassment / Jigawa: Woman Touching N20,000 Cash For First Time, Burst Into Tears / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.