Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu (16526 Views)

Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu / Refineries To Operate Full Capacity In 3 Months – Kachikwu / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by Reference(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Have you heard of Eni, statoil, Petrobas, Aramco, Sinopec?

We cannot keep giving up on assets because it was mismanaged by a few people...that will still be the ones to buy it if they turn around to sell it.

These companies i mentioned are all still run by human beings with blood in their veins and still one head. Why can we do the same?

Sinopec is in China...and they have the death penalty for corruption. Here, common invite for questioning everybody shouts witch hunt, if guity, they shout amnesty. When things continue to go wrong we shout innefective government. We have to have rules and punishment for things to work as we want them to.

Thats the difference between private and govt organisations. Goverment, everything is zoning...rather than qualification. Private, its either you are good enough or you get thrown out. Dangote that you mentioned does not pick his management team on quota system. Same for any organization that is on top.

Are you in China? Do they have fuel scarcity in Saudi Arabia. Venezuela is broke. Do they import petrol? Does Eni face militants blowing up lines in Italy. So what is the comparison about. Is it not stupidity to use global models that work contrary to local conditions. You have used a system for 40 years and it is not working and you entrench it further. Is that not madness. As I exemplified. I remember CLEARLY. Cement was on the list essential commodities the last time Buhari was in government. Today it is an export commodity. Pally, I have told so many. Petroleum, oil, gas are ordinary commodities. Donot elevate them beyond their status. Let us demystify them. It is government and its evil collaborators that make it an idol, a god to be worshipped. The process of making petrol from crude is no more complex than making cement from limestone. Think Nigerians. Think. Bush boys with no education are refining in the swamps. Why is government hanging on. What is in a refinery that an Adenuga cannot build and run. What abeg.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by amagunnerfan: 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:
Stay there and be suffering and smiling, it seems buhari married your aunty, na ur family be oponu, bastard.
Answer my question. Provide a link where Buhari was quoted to have said he will make a dollar equal to a naira?
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by rottennaija(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:
The same way the government you work for promised to make 1dollar = 1naira. Another joke again.

In van gaals words, it is a process. Making 1n =1s can be done. But it's not a 9 months projects, it will take years. So think before you talk
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by mallamseifaldin(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
uchennamani:
Ewu!

Gbera..
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by Kposkila: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
hollywater:
Mr Ibe,even as i can see you are the only minister working in this administration, this must be a joke. To stop importing crude oil into Nigeria is a very big joke.
Not when the fg have problems in the NIGGER DELTA.If the problem of militants is not handle with care,you can forget any vision of yours.
We are not importing crude but fuel, for @ least having a blue print, may God help us achieve dis feat!
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by alt3r3g0: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Reference:

Are you in China? Do they have fuel scarcity in Saudi Arabia. Venezuela is broke. Do they import petrol? Does Eni face militants blowing up lines in Italy. So what is the comparison about. Is it not stupidity to use global models that work contrary to local conditions. You have used a system for 40 years and it is not working and you entrench it further. Is that not madness. As I exemplified. I remember CLEARLY. Cement was on the list essential commodities the last time Buhari was in government. Today it is an export commodity. Pally, I have told so many. Petroleum, oil, gas are ordinary commodities. Donot elevate them beyond their status. Let us demystify them. It is government and its evil collaborators that make it an idol, a god to be worshipped. The process of making petrol from crude is no more complex than making cement from limestone. Think Nigerians. Think. Bush boys with no education are refining in the swamps. Why is government hanging on. What is in a refinery that an Adenuga cannot build and run. What abeg.

You have answered your own question. This is not hard to do...we can also be successful here if we choose to be. If a Dangote can do it and succeed within the same constraints why cant we as a nation?

The major question here is why is it not working in Nigeria? Is it the process or the people?
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by Fr33born(m): 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
Easier said than done. Talk is cheap shaa.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by uchennamani(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Gbera..
What's the meaning of that? Ewu in Igbo means a goat! I'm not calling you a goat, far from it; just that you sounded like one. Now the two aren't the same, are they? Of course, not.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by ajealadick(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
tit:

Allah,
give this one sense.
it is not yet late.

I think you rather need it more. Remove the log in ur eye than the speck in ur neighbour's
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by saintkeppy(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
hollywater:
Mr Ibe,even as i can see you are the only minister working in this administration, this must be a joke. To stop importing crude oil into Nigeria is a very big joke.
Not when the fg have problems in the NIGGER DELTA.If the problem of militants is not handle with care,you can forget any vision of yours.
. What's this one saying? The minister said importation of ''Refined products' thats by the way, What has militant got 2do with this business-oriented plans? Stopping the importation of these products will be the best thing considering money govt. spents on imports etc. FG would rather make the existing refineries to work optimally & possibly add new ones for sufficient refined products for Nigerians and export for foreign exchange (revenue) to the country.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by Erfolg: 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
My guy stay there and be hopeful 1naira would equal 1dollar till your generation would pass..keep being hopeful and dont face facts.
rottennaija:

In van gaals words, it is a process. Making 1n =1s can be done. But it's not a 9 months projects, it will take years. So think before you talk
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by phlemzy: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please whoever knows Kachikwu in person should please advice him that Nigerians are not smiling st the moment. The earlier he keeps his vision 2018 to himself,the better.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by guru01(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
989900:
This should be top-top priority Kachickwu. #welldone

Watch the NASS make a meal of everything from unbundling to subsets, to passing the PIB . . . aren't senators the real bane of progress in this country?
Correct man.
I wish all Nigerians can comprehend all information before spitting out trash.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by rottennaija(m): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
Erfolg:
My guy stay there and be hopeful 1naira would equal 1dollar till your generation would pass..keep being hopeful and dont face facts.

Even if 1s = 150n like it was a year ago in the next 4 years, it's a pass mark for me. Yes, I am hopeful because I only have Nigeria, no country else
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by erosimo(m): 11:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
It remains a dream until proven true
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by STARGREEN(m): 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
tit:

Allah, give this one sense. it is not yet late.
Your stupidity has grown to macro stage? Sorry.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by STARGREEN(m): 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
tit:

Allah, give this one sense. it is not yet late.
Your stupidity has grown to macro stage? Sorry.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by ba7man(m): 5:05am On Mar 10, 2016
KissCODE:
come to Asaba Delta state capital... Fuel no even dey at all... 150 with adjusted pump. Black market 180...
Nigerians are now dwelling in suffering
It is not about village...
It's your own people that are behind your predicament.

I've always bought fuel during this period at N86.50 in Lagos...... still bought it yesterday.
Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by Ishilove: 6:11am On Mar 10, 2016
ba7man:

I've always bought fuel during this period at N86.50 in Lagos...... still bought it yesterday.
Nigerians are their own worst enemy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To End Petrol Imports In 18 Months – Kachikwu by KissCODE(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2016
ba7man:

okay i agree with u...

What is the name of the petrol station? Where is it located & in which state...
I mean where you bought 86.50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education- Aljazeera / Why Buhari's Men Are Desperate To Win 2019 Election - Buba Galadima / Ndi-igbo Germany Apologises Over Attack On Senator Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.