Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nairaland Is Anti Women. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Is Anti Women. (5886 Views)

A Clean And Healthy Nairaland Is Possible / My Time On Nairaland Is Almost Up / PHOTOS: A Christian Believes That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ And Demonic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 11, 2016
Seun:
Still waiting for the 5 to 10 examples. undecided
When i joined Nairaland few days back i saw some threads and wasn't too comfortable. What did i do? I traced so many topics through them that had similar msg. And funny enough they almost always have large views, which means they graced the home page with ease.

Tried to see if it was the same for men, fortunately for them, there were not much that ridiculed and shamed them. Even the few created barely hit fp.

1. Things Guys Should Stop Doing That
Makes Girls Feel So Important And
Arrogant(May 30,2015)

2. 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Date 'yahoo'
Guys - Romance - (July 18,2015)

3. Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To
Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' -
Romance (Jan12, 2016)

4 Nigerian Lady Refuses To Marry Boyfriend
Cos He's A Polytechnic Graduate -
Romance
(May 11,2015

5. The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find
Husbands(Men Beware)
(2014)

6. On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future
Ambition - Romance (2014)

7. 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get
Married
(Jan 26,2015)

8. Why Men Should Only Do Traditional
Marriage - Family - ( March 6,2016)

9. Women, Childbirth And Laziness - Family -
(October 9,2015)

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Because Most of the moderators/supermods are NIGERIAN men!
Stupedinluv:
Pray tell, why do topics that belittle women and our choices make it like the speed of lightening to FP? Not fair. This is injustice.

Men are pampered more on this forum so they feel relaxed and at home but women have to keep running up and down every thread to prove they are not all stup!d. This is injustice.

We have emotions and therefore deserve the same respect metted out to our malefolks.

The administrators should look into this please. This forum was created for Nigerians and the men are not more "Nigerian"

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Leriebloom(f): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
When i joined Nairaland few days back i saw some threads and wasn't too comfortable. What did i do? I traced so many topics through them that had similar msg. And funny enough they almost always have large views, which means they graced the home page with ease.

Tried to see if it was the same for men, fortunately for them, there were not much that ridiculed and shamed them. Even the few created barely hit fp.

Arrogant(May 30,2015)

Romance (Jan12, 2016)

Romance
(May 11,2015

Husbands(Men Beware)
(2014)

Married
(Jan 26,2015)

(October 9,2015)

U get time.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Greg007(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Pray tell, why do topics that belittle women and our choices make it like the speed of lightening to FP? Not fair. This is injustice.

Men are pampered more on this forum so they feel relaxed and at home but women have to keep running up and down every thread to prove they are not all stup!d. This is injustice.

We have emotions and therefore deserve the same respect metted out to our malefolks.

The administrators should look into this please. This forum was created for Nigerians and the men are not more "Nigerian"

Thank you.

I believe no body is belittling woman in nairaland. Is just that men are more active then women
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Seun(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Here are my thoughts:
Stupedinluv:
Arrogant(May 30,2015)
The title and tone of the thread was really bad. But that's over 10 months old and we have evolved since then. I've changed the title

2. 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Date 'Yahoo' Guys - Romance - (July 18,2015)
Nothing wrong with this. If Nigerian guys are dating Yahoo girls in significant numbers, I'd like to see a thread about that too.

3. Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' - Romance (Jan12, 2016)
The thread is alright (posted by a lady) but some of the responses were bad and have been removed because they violated the rules.

4 Nigerian Lady Refuses To Marry Boyfriend Cos He's A Polytechnic Graduate - Romance (May 11,2015)
What's wrong with it? The responses were quite balanced though some of them broke the rules and have been hidden.

To be continued.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Seun:
Here are my thoughts:
The title and tone of the thread was really bad. But that's over 10 months old and we have evolved since then. I've changed the title

Nothing wrong with this. If Nigerian guys are dating Yahoo girls in significant numbers, I'd like to see a thread about that too.

The thread is alright (posted by a lady) but some of the responses were bad and have been removed because they violated the rules.

What's wrong with it? The responses were quite balanced though some of them broke the rules and have been hidden.

To be continued.
Haba oga Seun, even the 'Nigerian Girls' in such titles should warrant deletion by the modes. Because the poster is generalizing and as such its bad, you cant define the whole of nigerian ladies with the atittude of one.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by DipoDee: 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Laveda:

Ignore the attention seeker undecided undecided

Sèun asked for link she's saying trash.

Work on your self-esteem pls, it's ridiculously low; as seen in girls/women who are not good looking hence the need to appear humble and lowly so guys can like them.
See you bashing a female like you for airing her opinion, you need koboko smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by MrCork: 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank you.

angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by MrCork: 11:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank you.

...which Aunty?....did the pray on you?....are u lightskin?(no oofeinse) angry
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by hardbody: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:
If we defend ourselves, we are called less feminine. And how many women want to be called that?

Even if we defend ourselves (which some of us are doing) we still cant win because Nairaland is like a system that is programmed to diss women. Who can fight a system that suppresses your views. That system must change first and everything becomes fair and levelled.

You are so very brilliant, and i am being very serious here. Keep doing what are doing, you will be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
MULLAH123:

Haba oga Seun, even the 'Nigerian Girls' in such titles should warrant deletion by the modes. Because the poster is generalizing and as such its bad, you cant define the whole of nigerian ladies with the attitude of one.
I could instruct my staff that such titles should be altered to read "Some Nigerian Girls" instead of "Nigerian Girls"? Would that be helpful?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Seun:
I could instruct my staff that such titles should be altered to read "Some Nigerian Girls" instead of "Nigerian Girls"? Would that be helpful?
Yes, sounds better.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Rotab4life: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Rotab4life: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Arrogant(May 30,2015)

Romance (Jan12, 2016)

Romance
(May 11,2015

Husbands(Men Beware)
(2014)

Married
(Jan 26,2015)

(October 9,2015)

Just stating the obvious. Nothing more. Create yours if you're pained.
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by MrCork: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank you.

angry
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by MrCork: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank you.

....if nairaland is aunty women then how comes there are 2million register females & juss 70,000 males?.......there are more females...and why does it keep attraction babes? ....Op..DO A TINKRAGOLATIVE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTIN NONSENSE!! (No ofeense) angry
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
MrCork:

....if nairaland is aunty women then how comes there are 2million register females & juss 70,000 males?.......there are more females...and why does it keep attraction babes? ....Op..DO A TINKRAGOLATIVE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTIN NONSENSE!! (No ofeense) angry

grin
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Thank you.

Truth is when women put up threads bashing men, the men dont take it seriously. You women however take stuff about you too seriously

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Creamish(f): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
amokeme:
lol, at the bold, if you have the opportunity to meet with the people you try to "prove" anything to in person, you will just cry. cheesy
Nigeria is tensed up, and NL is some people's only chance of getting attention or venting out frustration, you don't want to deny people that do you?. Just relax and enjoy the fun, don't loose your head over anything trust me. wink

Exactly. Don't sweat it.
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by joseph1832(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
amokeme:
lol, at the bold, if you have the opportunity to meet with the people you try to "prove" anything to in person, you will just cry. cheesy
Nigeria is tensed up, and NL is some people's only chance of getting attention or venting out frustration, you don't want to deny people that do you?. Just relax and enjoy the fun, don't loose your head over anything trust me. wink
Is that right? Now this sound like someone is generalizing. Why not back up the emboldened with action... Let's meet and I guarantee you that you will laugh.

Are you game? LMAO.
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by joseph1832(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Creamish:

Exactly. Don't sweat it.
How often have we seen girls sweating it here, over and over again? tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by joseph1832(m): 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Truth is when women put up threads bashing men, the men dont take it seriously. You women however take stuff about you too seriously
Now one would have expected creamish you to give your post a million likes, but hell no! Anyway, "don't sweat it". LOL.
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by wolfgangg(m): 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rotab4life:

grin grin grin grin
😀😀😀😀
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
lezz:
Shut your maggot- besieged mouth up !!!

Fück was I when this empty thread started? I would've trolled you into scurrying for shelter inside your father's house!!!

Fakery-magnet like you.

I saw your post on the anti male thread, you cheered it, you waved it on, you gloried in it.

I had no sooner dropped mine than you came with your tears of deceit , painting the floor with your salty tears.

Look for the reason behind your endless sorrow and keep your demons of agony to yourself.

Stop looking for sympathy in deception and dishonesty.

Two-faced, two-timming, double-dealing crone!!!

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by frankkydee(m): 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:

eheheh!
Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stupedinluv:
If we defend ourselves, we are called less feminine. And how many women want to be called that?

Even if we defend ourselves (which some of us are doing) we still cant win because Nairaland is like a system that is programmed to diss women. Who can fight a system that suppresses your views. That system must change first and everything becomes fair and levelled.

I wanna argue and say you are wrong but somewhere in my subconscious tells me, you are kind of right, if woman start defending themselves some of us see them as feminist, if they talk about sex, we see them as sluts but still rush to like their pics and kill them with mentions, i still think a lot of people only come here to vent and let off steam, i know this as they are people i have known here and offline they are so different, talk less, argue less and a lot more but on here, the kitchen is always hot with some topics, i don't wanna sound like a ass licker but ladies should also stand for what you want and believe, don't compromise cos it would later come to bite you, guys here are constantly looking for your faults, i have been reading lots of topics and i see guys, one minute all over a girl, following her like a shadow and the next it's calling them names from loose, to sluts to feminist to all sorts, anyways i was just passing thru and saw this and thought i leave my 2 cents..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 15, 2016
Seun, what about the parts where some men support rape sad. Using the moniker, Kazna6.9,as a case study, the quoted are the things he wrote. The moderator banned me when I gave me a well deserved reply to the red highlighted post but guess what? This moniker walked free grin

Oh I agree quite completely. Holy sh!t I could rape someone any minute, maybe even you. Quick find a safe place to hide & cover your @$$

... On the contrary. Another baseless, judgemental comment typical of brainwashed women folk today

She collects the phone, with fish brain mentality, wants to keep it for free like it was xmas or her birthday, gets a telling & decides to return it like she smart when she won't spread her legs or so much as look at the person. Serves the biitch right. Let it be a lesson to girls out there who like to think cos they have a independent life they can be disrespectful & get away with it. Africa is & always be a dark jungle. Damn, all those BBCs pounding her brains out relentlessly with such invigorated purpose, each one bigger than the last, that coochie must've been stretched to the max. Her life can never remain the same again. All it takes is some good d!ck down for stubborn, proud women to come back to Earth. All they want is money & gifts but they can refuse to offer sex in return. This rape thing is another unexplored business venture sef o. Biitchiz take note!

2) Words like bitch, sluts, LovePeddler etc etc should attract an outright ban, hiding them does not change anything. It is unfair if I am called a bitch for stating my opinion because I am a woman. If it reads bitch even though it is written differently, the moniker must be banned!

3) Also, it would be better if topics that generalise Nigerian ladies, starts with 'Some'. The same should be applied to negative threads about Nigerian men.

4) Threads that clearly belittle and degrade Nigerian men and women should also attract ban. Greene66 and searchiing4love are the main culprits here. It is nauseating to see the son/daughter of a Nigerian dissing his/her own people. if the op were of different colour, none of us would hesitate to call him/her out. Besides, I don't see how it differs from other forms of hate and discrimination like Racism or Tribalism. If I open a thread to degrade Nigerian men, I should be banned so should every other moniker on Nairaland. I will like you to note that there is a difference between negative threads and threads that are created to bash and degrade others. Most if not all of us will not get angry at Tosyne's threads but we will if we came across Green66 or searching4love.

5)This forum aims to forward the interests of the Nigerian society and that should include dissuading people from tarnishing its citizens who form the bedrock of the society. Those citizens are Nigerian women and Nigerian men.

You are welcome!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Arrogant(May 30,2015)

Romance (Jan12, 2016)

Romance
(May 11,2015

Husbands(Men Beware)
(2014)

Married
(Jan 26,2015)

(October 9,2015)

Most of the topics there can be ignored but their posts must be heavily scrutinised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Anti Women. by HaneefahAde(f): 9:26am On Mar 15, 2016
daretodiffer:
Seun, what about the parts where some men support rape sad. Using the moniker, Kazna6.9,as a case study, the quoted are the things he wrote. The moderator banned me when I gave me a well deserved reply to the red highlighted post but guess what? This moniker walked free grin

2) Words like bitch, sluts, LovePeddler etc etc should attract an outright ban, hiding them does not change anything. It is unfair if I am called a bitch for stating my opinion because I am a woman. If it reads bitch even though it is written differently, the moniker must be banned!

3) Also, it would be better if topics that generalise Nigerian ladies, starts with 'Some'. The same should be applied to negative threads about Nigerian men.

4) Threads that clearly belittle and degrade Nigerian men and women should also attract ban. Green66 and searching4love are the main culprits here. It is nauseating to see the son/daughter of a Nigerian dissing his/her own people. if the op were of different colour, none of us would hesitate to call him/her out. Besides, I don't see how it differs from other forms of hate and discrimination like Racism or Tribalism. If I open a thread to degrade Nigerian men, I should be banned so should every other moniker on Nairaland. I will like you to note that there is a difference between negative threads and threads that are created to bash and degrade others. Most if not all of us will not get angry at Tosyne's threads but we will if we came across Green66 or searching4love.

5)This forum aims to forward the interests of the Nigerian society and that should include dissuading people from tarnishing its citizens who form the bedrock of the society. Those citizens are Nigerian women and Nigerian men.

You are welcome!!!

God bless. I just love you. Nice and much needed contributions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In A Relationship,who Should Love More-guys Or Girls? / Should I Delete Her Nudes (photos) Included / Hard Lessons I Got From A Friend's Messy Break Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.