Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander (807 Views)

Buratai Moves Army Unit To Buhari’s Hometown, Daura / Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State.. / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by thesicilian: 7:41am On Mar 10, 2016
EKU—THE Nigerian Army Unit Commander stationed at Ovre-Eku community, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, Lt. E. D. Oworobo, has told a police source that the reason he ordered his men to flog the women who had embarked on a peaceful protest over a disputed land claimed by PRESCO Oil Company, was because they attempted to disarm his men. Oworobo and his men of the 4th Brigade Command,
Benin-City, Edo State, had last Wednesday, flogged and kicked hundreds of women protesting at Ovre-Eku (Iwevbo) community over a land which had been in dispute for years between Edo and Delta states. The source who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that Oworobo had contacted the District Officer, DO, of Eku Police station, Mr. Andrew Efejedia, in an attempt to exonerate himself and his men of any wrong doing in the incident, where he claimed that he had no option than to order his men to use minimal force to disperse the protesters who had tried to disarm his men.
According to the source, Oworobo had asked the DO, “Don’t you know it is a
crime to carry a charm according to the Criminal Code of Nigeria?”
Meanwhile, Lt. Oworobo has also threatened to deal with the Warri
correspondents of The Authority and The Nation newspapers, Theophilus
Onojeghen and Bolaji Ogundele, both of whom had contacted him to know what
actually transpired between his men and the protesting women.
The offence of the journalists was their temerity to contact him for the military’s
side of the incident.
In separate reactions to the journalists, an angry Lt Oworobo had described
them as idiots and madmen, allegedly saying: “You’re an idiot. You’re a mad
man. Why are you calling me? So I should report to you abi? Who are you to
call me? If you ever call me in your life, I’ll deal mercilessly with you.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/why-we-flogged-protesting-women-in-delta-army-unit-commander/
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by thesicilian: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2016
Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by popesam1(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2016
I knew they will lie

1 Like

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by AlomoReloaded: 7:54am On Mar 10, 2016
somebody should tell these soldiers to fear God, and Mothers o!!!!
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Ejemehn(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2016
Nigeria Army..........This people need REORIENTATION

Haba.... Flog women (probably their mother's age).
No nah
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Adeyeancah(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
So these "FOOLS" even have reasons for flogging the women, Lord have mercy.
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by lekjons(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2016
i no dey dia sha..
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Kondomatic(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Stupid men
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by BaddieKay(f): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2016
I would understand if they're men but women its crazy.what kind of society are we in?
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by ckmayoca: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2016
Lolss see reason? This guys need to be posted abroad for 1yr field training abi na IT we go call am.
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2016
Military man my foot.

Please send the coward to the front lines.

If being a military personnel implies being insolent, inhuman, criminal, uncivil, brutal and low in IQ, then let me remain a civilian forever.

I blame the Nigerian legal system. By now you would have been sent on compulsory leave while the matte is properly investigated. A bunch of senior citizens, women, tried to disarm your men. It is a civil dispute over land why not call in the police. You took laws into your hands and now you are running to offer explanations. Walk without your gun and your uniform in the streets of Benin or Warri and look for trouble if your arse will not be kicked in the streets.

Why did you wait till now to give a reason when you know there might be repercussions? You run to the police to do the usual "who report first na him dey win case".

And Nigerians should stop this "who are you to ask me questions na you give me uniform?"

You are a civil servant Mr Military man and journalists have EVERY RIGHT to ask you questions. You owe the Nigerian public some form of decorum and civility because they pay your salaries and bought you the same gun and uniform you terrorize them with. I recommend that you be sent to the front lines in Borno State. Your military "prowess" is needed there. Only this time you will be "flogging" those who are not just trying to disarm you but kill and make sure you are very dead before doing so.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Rising Not Falling Apart [reply To Mr Etcetera] / Saraki Ready for Battle with CCT And Efcc.... Checkout This Picx / Pdp’s ‘16 Years Of Rot’ By Shaka Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.