Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers (15965 Views)

Saudi Arabia Grants Citizenship To A Robot, Sophia / Morocco Seeks To Join Ecowas As Full Member / Mysterious Sea Serpent Washed Up Onto Shore In Philippines (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2016
wilcox:

Let's talk fact and let sentiment lie low, because we are all on the receiving end. What is Saint Buhari doing to diversify the economy.

What would you be doing right now to diversify the economy if you were the president. Honest answer please.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 4nobody4every1: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2016

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by bedspread: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2016
Mtchewwwwww!! You must be residing in Togo and not Nigeria
Deen77:

Mess-up, but not this new government, previous.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 2sexycom(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2016
Dottune:
Omo the guys above dey use 4G LTE of Ntel.... see speed. cheesy

Well to the topic, this goes to show that is not only Nigeria that is suffering from the Low Oil prices, for Saudi Arabia to be seeking external, how much more Nigeria?
And some people will just come and bash Buhari without thinking logically, just because they want him to fail. Whether you like it or not, he won't Fail!
you are missing the point, the objective of this news is to justify borrowing by the Nigerian government.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by biafratownforum: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:
However the sad and unfortunate truth is that Nigeria had a chance to save for the rainy day when oil sold for over $130 per barrel under the ineffectual buffoon Jonathan, who looted and wasted it on ogogoro and his failed re-election bid, while opening the barn for the rest of his goats to have their fill. Imagine, S/Arabia had $640 Billion in their own reserves as as October 2015.
Of course the wailers and iPod 'yoots' will always ignore this glaring fact and instead prefer to vent their frustration on PMB whenever he mentions borrowing to fund our deficits.
God bless Buhari as he continues to clean up the mess of their defeated hero.
Careful. I'm IPOB but APC. My fight with Buhari is on Biafra. An Irony right. I never believed in Nigeria before Buhari. Why should I now. I'm begining to love that 'defeated hero' and I hope he doesn't disappoint unlike Ojukwu who contested election in Nizooria. IF YOU WANT TO BE BAD, DO IT TOTHE END.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Ijaya123: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:

GEJ failed your failed family alone not Nigeria. Silly Zombie... keep eating 'mama thank you. Wawa.

What is bringing the insult? I guess it's an indication of your upbringing. Don't have your time.

At least you agreed GEJ failed.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:

Court? It wouldn't have gotten to that stage if the crisis was handled by a competent leader that commands the respect of his Governors. Only a weakling and clueless 'leader' like Jonathan would bend to every request regardless of the effect it would have on the economy of the ship he captains. Where were his economic advisers? Where was his discretion? Where was his leadership ability? Would the Governor's have killed him if he bluntly refused just like Buhari's refusal to devalue despite intense pressure from internal and powerful external forces like the IMF?

Your excuse in defence of clueless incompetence is dead on arrival.
He obeys court order unlike some strong leader we have now.you happy?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by callJesu: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2016
Oil problems are quite general
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Shymm3x: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Smokescreen.

A country with almost a trillion in foreign reserves and gold reserves, and with billions in aids to other countries and funding terrorism - isn't anywhere near broke nor feeling the heat.

Saudi Arabia is the country manipulating oil prices. If it wants oil prices to go up tomorrow, to balance up its supposed deficit, it will do it by cutting production.

Slow news day.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:
[s]The crash in oil price dealt a huge blow to the economies of oil producing countries, so much that even Saudi Arabia with a more diversified economy is seeking external relief from its aftermath, talk more of a country like Nigeria that's almost totally dependent on oil revenue.

However the sad and unfortunate truth is that Nigeria had a chance to save for the rainy day when oil sold for over $130 per barrel under the ineffectual buffoon Jonathan, who looted and wasted it on ogogoro and his failed re-election bid, while opening the barn for the rest of his goats to have their fill. Imagine, S/Arabia had $640 Billion in their own reserves as as October 2015.

Of course the wailers and iPod 'yoots' will always ignore this glaring fact and instead prefer to vent their frustration on PMB whenever he mentions borrowing to fund our deficits.

God bless President Buhari as he continues to clean up the mess of their defeated hero.

[/s]
lubish.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 2n2k(m): 9:04am On Mar 10, 2016
if Saudi cuts production, other non-opec members will ramp up production. This is not 1970s
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Dottune(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2016
2sexycom:
you are missing the point, the objective of this news is to justify borrowing by the Nigerian government.
Yeah I know
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2016
julimax:
OP you can dig up anything to back this current APC chains but the painful truth is that here you see the Saudis planning for their economy, budget, trying to balance out. Our government is still obsessed with dealing with people which I'm not saying is wrong but if you were a mother, would you spend your whole time fleeting the room against mosquitoes and have no time to prepare food for your kids? At least your kids were seeing food when the mosquitoes were everywhere.

I think No1 agenda for this government should be the economy not corruption. Fighting corruption is okay but if you catch all the thieves in this country while people are starving who will clap for you?

When you make common sense they brand you a wailer. No wahala. The hunger dey go round. The wailing community is increasing daily

Proud wailer.
At least I know I'm not lying to myself. Hope you can say the same for yourself

Hmmmm proudly wailer looool. Now this is a wailer I can relate with. At least you acknowledged fighting corruption is not a bad idea. But i got to be sincere with you. This country's economy is so messed up. Buhari is stuck right now and I'm very sure he's very confused on what to do right now. Things keeps getting worse. Nnpc don vex. NLC self dey Para. But the truth of the matter Is that this would have happened to any other president. Even of you are the 1. What i don't like about the so called wailers is that right from may 29 2015. They have criticized every single thing pmb does. And you can't lie to me that he has never done anything you are impressed with since he resumed office.
It's like some people want him to fail. And i don't know what they stand to gain if he does. Na we go suffer am na.
I'll be disappointed in him after 4 years if there's nothing to show for his presidency. But i believe 10 months is too young for us to be condemning all his action. I stood with Jonathan till his last days. Most of my friends tagged me crazy. I didn't have a problem with that because I want the best for my country. I didn't even vote during the last election. But I'll do my best to support the government of the day. No matter what party, religion or ethnic he's from.

ADIOS

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Ijaya123: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2016
2sexycom:

As the situation is now, do the Nigerian government has a choice not to borrow?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 2sexycom(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Ijaya123:

As the situation is now, do the Nigerian government has a choice not to borrow?
The ones Buhari is wasting on travelling is what?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:
Trying to make excuse for a failed government shows are stupid some Nigerian youths can be.

You are already terming a 10 months old government a failed government. Smh I tire for some people oooo. Do you even want the best for this country? Please is the past government a very successful 1?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2016
Ijaya123:

What is bringing the insult? I guess it's an indication of your upbringing. Don't have your time.

At least you agreed GEJ failed.

You're an eGoat to think GEJ failed. Life was good for me and other fellows out here, business was moving fine, hope was high, only for the old illiterate hag to come around and dash the hope of promising youths, no matter how one try to navigate right now everywhere seems to be blocked, yet some silly zombies still come here and worship this failed old hag.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Ijaya123: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:

You're an eGoat to think GEJ failed. Life was good for me and other fellows out here, business was moving fine, hope was high, only for the old illiterate hag to come around and dash the hope of promising youths, no matter how one try to navigate right now everywhere seems to be blocked, yet some silly zombies still come here and worship this failed old hag.

Too bad for you then. You can reach out to GEJ. He is still alive. cool
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

You are already terming a 10 months old government a failed government. Smh I tire for some people oooo. Do you even want the best for this country? Please is the past government a very successful 1?

You must the blind not to know where this government is headed already. When I see a government that is set to succeed I can always tell, but this one is obviously headed to the ruins.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2016
crotonite:

lubish.
Proper lubish
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Ijaya123: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2016
2sexycom:
The ones Buhari is wasting on travelling is what?

Guess some people have comprehension issues to deal with. Unfortunately, I can't help out there.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

Ok in your own words howlong should we wait 4 yrs?did you forget we have only four 10 months in 4 yrs?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2016
Ijaya123:

Too bad for you then. You can reach out to GEJ. He is still alive. cool

Silly zombie, keep eating mama thank you. You obviously not aware of what is happening in the country, some day you will, I just hope it won't be too late for you.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:

You must the blind not to know where this country is headed already. When I see a government that is set to succeed I can always tell, but this one is obviously headed to the ruins.

I'm not blind and i don't jump to conclusions. The things happening now are bound to happen. Even if jonathan is still the president. This should have happened since. But mama Ngozi keeps blocking every hole with the foreign reserve. What would have happened if the reserve finish oooo. Nigeria has not been spending more than we are earning since 2014. I remembered talking to my friend tunde in 2014. And he said no matter who the president is in 2015, if they fail to diversify the economy and find a to address the falling oil price. The country would be in big trouble. The sad part of it is that he's absolutely right. I'm sure GEJ and his team knew about the oil price and they also knew the foreign reserve won't last much longer. If he had done something to address that. Then I'd have agreed he's really a hero.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok in your own words howlong should we wait 4 yrs?did you forget we have only four 10 months in 4 yrs?

Sadly there's no other option. You have to wait, hope and pray. Abi una fit impeach am?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by dammytosh: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:
The crash in oil price dealt a huge blow to the economies of oil producing countries, so much that even Saudi Arabia with a more diversified economy is seeking external relief from its aftermath, talk more of a country like Nigeria that's almost totally dependent on oil revenue.

God bless President Buhari as he continues to clean up the mess of their defeated hero.

Wailers are aware.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

I'm not blind and i don't jump to conclusions. The things happening now are bound to happen. Even if jonathan is still the president. This should have happened since. But mama Ngozi keeps blocking every hole with the foreign reserve. What would have happened if the reserve finish oooo. Nigeria has not been spending more than we are earning since 2014. I remembered talking to my friend tunde in 2014. And he said no matter who the president is in 2015, if they fail to diversify the economy and find a to address the falling oil price. The country would be in big trouble. The sad part of it is that he's absolutely right. I'm sure GEJ and his team knew about the oil price and they also knew the foreign reserve won't last much longer. If he had done something to address that. Then I'd have agreed he's really a hero.

So how is your old baba hero trying to diversify the economy?

All was already set, plans drawn, and youths had already submitted their EOI for YEAP Nagropreneurs and the other, and everything was moving fast in grooming the next big agricultural entrepreneurs during the GEJ regime. The plan was get loans at low interest rate for willing youths so the they can be trained and empower to pursue any agricultural chain of their interest. What did your old hag president do once he got there? He placed everything on hold whilst he continued junketing around the globe, and the economy get more sourer and sourer, and you're telling me you are not blind by not seeing a failed government?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 9:49am On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:

So how is your old baba hero trying to diversify the economy?

All was already set, plans drawn, and youths had already submitted their EOI for YEAP Nagropreneurs and the other, and everything was moving fast in grooming the next big agricultural entrepreneurs during the GEJ regime. The plan was get loans at low interest rate for willing youths so the they can be trained and empower to pursue any agricultural chain of their interest. What did your old hag president do once he got there? He placed everything on hold whilst he continued junketing around the globe, and the economy get more sourer and sourer, and you're telling me you are not blind by not seeing a failed government?

Buhari is my president not my hero. I never called him that. All I care about is he doing whet he was put there to do. Lobatan

And what took jonathan long to put diversify the economy. All we heard were plans. For how many years. If plans were moving fast like you said, then at least there should have been something to show for it before he left. Don't get me wrong please. I'm not painting Buhari a saint but jonathan is no saint either. All I want is the best for my country.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by 1Dray(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

Buhari is my president not my hero. I never called him that. All I care about is he doing whet he was put there to do. Lobatan

And what took jonathan long to put diversify the economy. All we heard were plans. For how many years. If plans were moving fast like you said, then at least there should have been something to show for it before he left. Don't get me wrong please. I'm not painting Buhari a saint but jonathan is no saint either. All I want is the best for my country.

Really? What took him long? He already had Youwin set and running the first 3 months after his election. The YEAP/Nagropreneurs couldn't had followed the same time and things needed to be planned properly before implementing it. Now, the YEAP/Nagropreneurs programme for youth empowerment is already drawn and planned, what stop your president from continuing from where the past regime stopped instead of putting everything on hold? How much did he budget for Agriculture in his budget? The budget for Information is by far much more than that of Agriculture, please tell me how this government is planning to diversify and tell me why one shouldn't conclude this government is a failed one. By their fruits we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

Sadly there's no other option. You have to wait, hope and pray. Abi una fit impeach am?
Pray ke??We don pray finish God don open our eyes na to act now or cry later.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Babatundetinubu: 10:24am On Mar 10, 2016
amagunnerfan:
According to Ipob's logic, Saudi has failed.

You complement them with that statement.....let me rephrase it for you.... grin....iPod will say Saudi HAVE failed... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites / Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.