Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers (15966 Views)

Saudi Arabia Grants Citizenship To A Robot, Sophia / Morocco Seeks To Join Ecowas As Full Member / Mysterious Sea Serpent Washed Up Onto Shore In Philippines (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by cheaperstores: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Some of you have cottonwool brains and can reason objectively.Does Saudi run same economy as ours.What is our strength or wat do we have as a nation compared to Saudi..

Saudi have infrastructures,govt is accountable and trusted,pple are housed,have light,is a major oil producer,huge reserve and cannot get a" slave loan" like Nigeria.

Will it not sound right if PMB gets loan targeted at say agric,industrial city detailing how much,location,break-even stage,number of employment,revenue to govt,and repayment.

I am very sure such loan will be used tto fund 3.9bln aso clinic,1.83bln feeding,795mln website,or 4.7bln cars.

We have enuff crises and corruption shd not be at forefront but economic blueprint.Let corrupt persons go and face charges while you face economic recovery.

But truth be said,your hero lacks geniuses we need because integrity is not enuff to rule a nation.

Jst surprised the way some of us think and we ought to know better.We r better educated,exposed and have understanding than years past.

God bless Nigeria
anigbajumo:
I laugh in Chinese,the wailer are nothing but bunch of fools.can you see yer life nw??

Drastic fall in price of oil globally does not affect only Nigeria bt other oil dependent countries.

Despite Saudi privatized her property worth of over 200million$ some month ago,they still seek for loan.

I still bliv in PMB. .....

Fuk yee wailer.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Kingspin(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:
The crash in oil price dealt a huge blow to the economies of oil producing countries, so much that even Saudi Arabia with a more diversified economy is seeking external relief from its aftermath, talk more of a country like Nigeria that's almost totally dependent on oil revenue.

However the sad and unfortunate truth is that Nigeria had a chance to save for the rainy day when oil sold for over $130 per barrel under the ineffectual buffoon Jonathan, who looted and wasted it on ogogoro and his failed re-election bid, while opening the barn for the rest of his goats to have their fill. Imagine, S/Arabia had $640 Billion in their own reserves as as October 2015.

Of course the wailers and iPod 'yoots' will always ignore this glaring fact and instead prefer to vent their frustration on PMB whenever he mentions borrowing to fund our deficits.

God bless President Buhari as he continues to clean up the mess of their defeated hero.

You will soon blame Jonathan for creating you. And if oil is not in your village why not keep quiet and look for other means to feed.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Pray ke??We don pray finish God don open our eyes na to act now or cry later.

How do you plan to act.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Ijaya123: 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
1Dray:

Silly zombie, keep eating mama thank you. You obviously not aware of what is happening in the country, some day you will, I just hope it won't be too late for you.

You must had a very terrible upbringing. You can't make comment without hurling insult. What a pity.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
wilcox:
Is this supposed to console us or what? So our incessant borrowing should be justified just because Saudi Arabia borrowed as well. Please what is the state of economy compared to Saudis economy? We seem to be on the wrong part as a nation but will always look excuse to clinch onto.

All oil producers end up borrowing when prices of fuel go down. The Saudis need oil to be at $80 per barrel to balance the books. They have $600bn in their savings account....but consider that that is down from $724BN a year ago....and the difference was mostly spent on propping up their currency.

Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel to balance the books. That is why GEJ never borrowed, but PMB has to borrow. GEJ benefited from high oil prices, PMB came in with oil prices below $50 and dropping. Even now...at $41 yesterday.....Nigeria still needs money.

At least we are not in the state oil producer Venezuela is in. High inflation, and queues for toilet roll.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by phemybof(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
siraj1402:
Do you know that in the entire month of February there was no single terrorist attack in northeast Nigeria?
~ Do you know that many contractors have resumed and continued with abandoned projects?
~ Do you know as at yesterday TSA has 3 trillion Naira?
~ Do you know that NNPC has began to make profit?
~ Do you know that over N2 billion is now saved monthly from the removal of over 23,000 federal ghost workers?
~ Do you know that over N600 million is saved monthly from non subsidy payment?
~ Do you know in this short span of time how many Presidents have visited Nigeria and have shown interest in doing business with her and cooperating
in other things?
~ And my personal favorite do you know how many eYam eating goats have been cooling off in Mr Magu's lounge?
PMB is working let's be patient!
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by happney65: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:
And 1 mumu that i know will keep saying Nigeria was not as bad as this during GEJ era. Sebi saudi no change ruler. And they are also having it worse. I keep saying even if na broda Jona still dey there it won't be any different from what it is now. A whole saudi and Qatar borrowing. Na who come be Nigeria wey we no go borrow. This ain't about Buhari or GEJ. The price of oil determines the economy.
If saudi had a new ruler they might have been blaming him like we are blaming PMB now. But that is not the case. We are now expecting Buhari to perform magic. A magic the great saudi king can not perform.

happney65 ODE BURUKU what do you have to say about this. I know you go sa see 1 kind rubbish to say. Sebi na you.

I would not have said anything against Mr Bubu if the price of Oil started falling immediately he came into power..But for goodness sake the fall in the price of oil started way back before GEJ left power...he left it at $50 per barrel..right now it is 38$ just a difference of $12 and the ode president does not know what to do..I just imagine and wonder if you fans of he's get any sense at all..

GEJ had a lost of over $70 yet nothing became as worse as we are experiencing now..You make comparism with us and Saudi,wetin concern us with Saudi?Shey na today Countries dey borrow money nii?China dey borrow from the US and vice versa so what is the big deal if Saudi decides to borrow money abi na today them dey borrow.

You Fans of Mr foolish always looking for ways to justify he's foolishness..Right now there is fuel scarcity,epilectic power supply and yet you still think the ball does not stop at he's tabl and you think you will to keep.on blaming external forces..He is still doing the same things done by GEJ..spending over a Billion on Food in Asorock..Spending over a Million Dollars on each foreign trip..Still keep the same type.of Presidential Airfleet GEJ kept..

As Yoruba would say,Na person wey no get anything to do would keep on coming up with excuses every now and then..Lest I forget,Your President was not involved in any business since he left govt as he is so daft he cannot manage a business,so what do you expect,Una just start nii,by 2019 Una go dey queue foe ordinary Salt..Eyin Oloshi gbogbo
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
omolola15:

How do you plan to act.
Do what we do best wail grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by omolola15(m): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Do what we do best wail grin grin

Looool
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by anigbajumo(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
cheaperstores:
[s]Some of you have cottonwool brains and can reason objectively.Does Saudi run same economy as ours.What is our strength or wat do we have as a nation compared to Saudi..

Saudi have infrastructures,govt is accountable and trusted,pple are housed,have light,is a major oil producer,huge reserve and cannot get a" slave loan" like Nigeria.

Will it not sound right if PMB gets loan targeted at say agric,industrial city detailing how much,location,break-even stage,number of employment,revenue to govt,and repayment.

I am very sure such loan will be used tto fund 3.9bln aso clinic,1.83bln feeding,795mln website,or 4.7bln cars.

We have enuff crises and corruption shd not be at forefront but economic blueprint.Let corrupt persons go and face charges while you face economic recovery.

But truth be said,your hero lacks geniuses we need because integrity is not enuff to rule a nation.

Jst surprised the way some of us think and we ought to know better.We r better educated,exposed and have understanding than years past.thanks[/s]

God bless Nigeria

Shut up!! What we need is effective management.Am sure PMB will try his best on it.u cnt compare former govment dat lack good accountability nd transparency with this present govment......
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Adesiji77: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
This is interesting...

In spite of their acclaimed foreign reserves?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by amagunnerfan: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

You lot always ignore the fact that he wanted to save but judas of the SS and some SE leaders took the FG to court and shared the gala. Now let me ask you.what did your state governor then do with his share? atleast we wail with facts. You lots wail with body odour.
Was it the sharing that affected the foreign reserve too?

And what exactly did GEJ do to FG's share from the excess crude account.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by justmenoni: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
And D campaign funds for apc wasn't from oil Abi? Perhaps it was from cocoa and groundnut... Keep on blaming gej while he keeps on soaring high.

fulanimafia:
The crash in oil price dealt a huge blow to the economies of oil producing countries, so much that even Saudi Arabia with a more diversified economy is seeking external relief from its aftermath, talk more of a country like Nigeria that's almost totally dependent on oil revenue.

However the sad and unfortunate truth is that Nigeria had a chance to save for the rainy day when oil sold for over $130 per barrel under the ineffectual buffoon Jonathan, who looted and wasted it on ogogoro and his failed re-election bid, while opening the barn for the rest of his goats to have their fill. Imagine, S/Arabia had $640 Billion in their own reserves as as October 2015.

Of course the wailers and iPod 'yoots' will always ignore this glaring fact and instead prefer to vent their frustration on PMB whenever he mentions borrowing to fund our deficits.

God bless President Buhari as he continues to clean up the mess of their defeated hero.

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Was it the sharing that affected the foreign reserve too?

And what exactly did GEJ do to FG's share from the excess crude account.
Erme was it not the reserve that was shared? Abi U nor dey the country then?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
justmenoni:
And D campaign funds for apc wasn't from oil Abi? Perhaps it was from cocoa and groundnut... Keep on blaming gej while he keeps on soaring high.

Nah Bro from Kano meat.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by amagunnerfan: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Erme was it not the reserve that was shared? Abi U nor dey the country then?
The excess crude account was shared not the foreign reserve.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by justmenoni: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Yh right grin cheesy

erico2k2:

Nah Bro from Kano meat.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by Tinyemeka(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:

You are a Fulani so it's expected that you would defend your kin.

Meanwhile what's your response to the sacrilegious massacre committed at Agatu?
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by wilcox(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
MrPresident1:
Saudi Arabia produces about 10million bpd of crude oil, at d peak of oil prices, oil sold for 140 dollars, Saudi generated 1.4billion shocked dollars per day as revenue from oil sales, for a population of about 30million people. 1.4billion dollars per day.

Nigeria produces about 2million barrels per day, at peak oil price we got 280million dollars per day, for 170 million people.

Saudi arabia has requested for a loan to 'shore up her coffers', Nigeria has not yet made any formal request to anybody for any loan.

Do the maths, we are being lied to, there is no corruption in Nigeria relative to Saudi arabia, yet all we ever here from this government is 'anti corruption war, we are fighting corruption'

Government of lies!

Believe me, you are a genius in mathematics, your brain must be as hot as the hottest thing that ever exist. I remove my cap for you.

Call us a WAILER , I will personally answer for all.
Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by wilcox(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
MrPresident1:
Saudi Arabia produces about 10million bpd of crude oil, at d peak of oil prices, oil sold for 140 dollars, Saudi generated 1.4billion shocked dollars per day as revenue from oil sales, for a population of about 30million people. 1.4billion dollars per day.

Nigeria produces about 2million barrels per day, at peak oil price we got 280million dollars per day, for 170 million people.

Saudi arabia has requested for a loan to 'shore up her coffers', Nigeria has not yet made any formal request to anybody for any loan.

Do the maths, we are being lied to, there is no corruption in Nigeria relative to Saudi arabia, yet all we ever here from this government is 'anti corruption war, we are fighting corruption'

Government of lies!

Believe me, you are a genius in mathematics, your brain must be as hot as the hottest thing that ever exist. I remove my cap for you.

Let them call us a WAILER , I will personally answer for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers by cheaperstores: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
because you r a diehard,I don't expect yu to think straight.

TSA,BVN,Fed payroll system, and so much more r credited to GEJ admin.in PMB 4 yrs I am sure GEJ will be blamed for inefficiency.Go and ask DeleMomodu,Pat Utomi,Soyinka.
See PMB statement before and wat does he have to say now.wen u r watching from sideline u think u can do it all abi?

anigbajumo post=43646380
:

Shut up!! What we need is effective management.Am sure PMB will try his best on it.u cnt compare former govment dat lack good accountability nd transparency with this present govment......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Government Blocks 36 Iranian-Affiliated News Websites / Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.