Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . (8104 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Distance From Daura To Ogoniland / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2009
It is time we put a cap on this Ibo/Yoruba thing and let everybody know how Ibos contributed to the destruction and failure of Nigeria and why other tribes keep distance from them.

I am bringing to you a link from a reputable source. There are two things I would like to say to you:

1. The article in the link is very lenghty, probably between 40 and 50 pages long. If you have problems reading, understanding and analysing lengthy documents, I advise you not to even attempt this one, stay out of this debate. For those who enjoy voluminous articles I encourage you to read the entire document before you post a comment. Print it if you can and notate points of interest. If you cannot print, use a note pad to markup references and notes and then give us your comment afterward. This is a requirement read for all those who would love answer to the following questions:

A. What political parties did we have in the First Republic and who were the Leaders of the parties?

B. Which party was in majority and what was the power sharing arrangement?

C. What led to the North vs East political rivalry and why was West not in the middle of their conflict?

D. In January 1966, Awolowo was in prison in Calabar. Why and who imprisoned him?

E. The coup of January 1966 targeted and killed Yoruba and Hausa politicians and military officers but spared Ibo and Ibo speaking Easterners. This was the first bloody political uprising in the history of post-independence Nigeria and the violence was ethnically targeted against West and North. What was Ibos motive and plan for Nigeria?

2. Understanding this article and obtaining answers to the above questions would help clear the mind and shed light on the primary reason why Ibos, following their tragic downfall from power became desperate. Fearful of reprisals, they turned to Awolowo and the Yorubas for solidarity against the North. Not getting a warm embrace, they became bitter and blamed the Yorubas for not sympathising with their plight and consequently costing them the war. The Ibos are not victims of betrayals, the Ibos are reckless arrogants who wanted nothing good for Yorubas, they are victims of their own treacherous plots.

I am available to debate this positions with anyone, Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo, but not until you have read the whole document and in a position to discuss it in entirety. cool
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2009
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by blacksta(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2009
Just a quick thought. Having scanned the post i must say it is going to be an intresting topic but before u are seen as a tribialist can u change " Ibos " text references to " Igbo"

Thanks
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2009
Thanks Black,. . .but no need for it. Let individuals do their own replacements, but I will use "Igbo" going forward in the discussion.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by amarilo: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2009
Why do Igbos keep your guys sleepless nite? Irrespective of how you guys try you guys cannot bring them down.
They are specially created by Papa God. cool cool

Think of another Igbo thread to create when this one reach threshold.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Onlytruth(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2009
"it is my considered view that whilst some(Maybe resource control) of the demands of the East are excessive within the context of a Nigerian union, most of such demands are not only wellfounded, but are designed for smooth and steady association amongst the various national units of Nigeria."

-Awolowo

http://www.dawodu.com/awolowo2.htm

I think I have said
enough to demonstrate that any war against the East, or vice versa, on any
count whatsoever, would be an unholy crusade, for which it would be most
unjustifiable to shed a drop of Nigerian blood."

-Awolowo

Guess what Awolowo did once Biafra was declared by the East?

Starvation suddenly became a fair weapon of war against the same Easterners fighting a just cause.
I wish the Yoruba could for once tell the rest of Nigerians where they stand on key national issues. The Above quote may shock some people but that was vintage Awo. How can anyone be compatriot with a dodgy and shifty character?

Where do your people (Yoruba) stand on key national issues like resource control or Sharia or native /settler issue, restructuring, State police, Presidential system etc

The 1966 crisis was a chicken and egg situation but an opportunity to form a united Nigeria came up at the constitutional conference in 1966 and Aburi talks in 1967. Why did the Yoruba "technocrats" sabotage it? The very same tactics they employed in the Obasanjo constitutional conference against the south south on resource control.
I think the Igbos are tired of stagnation. We want Biafra because we can't be "compatriots" with dodgy and shifty tribes who are at home with retrogression and stagnation. We want to move forward.
After inspecting the infrastructure put in place by Ngige in Anambra state (in under 3 years), I became convinced that the whole East can be like Europe (at least roadwise) in 10 years if we are let out that choking space controlled by a center at home with the 19th century.
We are baffled that our people are still dying from preventable causes in 2009. I know you people (yorubas) won't agree to part ways until oil finishes but we will keep asking. If you hate us this much, then let us go!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2009
If you hate us this much, then let us go!
Same question baffles me. If Igbos are treacherous, despicable, daunting etc. Why make efforts to hold them back in Nigeria. Shouldn't they be a very big liability to lay off?. Igbos on the other hand will agree to lay off the north in a jiffy[I mean today today and not tomorrow] even if it means losing all their properties there.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2009
i think i just lost respect for Nnamdi Azikwe after briefly reading the opening pages of the link. No wonder the Igbos have been having problems. They started the whole mess in the first place. Funny enough the Yorubas still did not retaliate against them despite that Yoruba and Hausas were not spared.

It can only take a non-repentant mind not to realise that Igbos brought the mess upon themselves.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Thor(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2009
I think it is time to split Nigeria up and create seperate states, this is the only way sad
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Same question baffles me. If Igbos are treacherous, despicable, daunting etc. Why make efforts to hold them back in Nigeria. Shouldn't they be a very big liability to lay off?. Igbos on the other hand will agree to lay off the north in a jiffy[I mean today today and not tomorrow] even if it means losing all their properties there.

but dat is d same mentality dat made an Igbo man kill his own mentor, haba do you not have a conscience and sense of shame, do you realise that Nigerian might have been different if such a coup had not existed. Do you realise that Nigerian might have been different if Igbos did not kill only Yorubas and Hausas.

I once said on this forum that i can marry an Igbo, now i am beginning to reconsider, considering that I have experienced the same kind of end justifies the means mentality in from Igbos.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

i think i just lost respect for Nnamdi Azikwe after briefly reading the opening pages of the link. No wonder the Igbos have been having problems. They started the whole mess in the first place.
So, Yorubas and Hausas are problem free/or have less problems than igbos?. Poverty is the biggest problem in Nigeria and I think igbos will come last when it comes to that. I guess Awolowo made plans to turn about 80%  igbos into almajiris when he gave them 20 pounds for their wealth. Smell the coffee my friend and wake up. Nigeria is a disaster and every region should be declared state of emergency. Your comment is like an Eritrean calling a Somalian 'hungry man'.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by asha2: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

but dat is d same mentality dat made an Igbo man kill his own mentor, haba do you not have a conscience and sense of shame, do you realise that Nigerian might have been different if such a coup had not existed. Do you realise that Nigerian might have been different if Igbos did not kill only Yorubas and Hausas.

I once said on this forum that i can marry an Igbo, now i am beginning to reconsider, considering that I have experienced the same kind of end justifies the means mentality in from Igbos.

Who cares
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

Do you understand english at all?. I remember the same utterances from an illiterate religious fanatic like you in the religious section. What is wrong about someone telling you that he/she is not interested in being in a union with you?. Na by force to stay married?.

You are talking about this marriage to an igbo woman as if you are Michael jackson, my guy, pray they agree to marry your ass in the first place. Igbo girls are the most educated women in Nigeria and unless you catch a really ugly one, it may be difficult for them to marry you seeing the way you reason here.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2009
i will read the article but i'm just wondering how objective it is.
i know igbos create lots of hate topics but i won't support hate topics from yorubas either.
but then, i haven't read the article. . . yet lol
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by amarilo: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

I never believed yorubas are this stupid or is it just you? Are by any means related to becomerich and okokomije?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2009
I have never understood this end justifies the means mentality from Igbos even while i was living amongst u , i still did not understand why you sometimes sacrifise your conscience for your success.

The issue here is not whether anyone wants to hold u done, as far as i keep saying. Yorubas do not care if u go or leave.

What bothers me is that I used to also think the 1966 coup was a nationalistic coup until i now realise that it was actually a tribal massacre of Hausas and Yorubas by Igbos, hence basically the Igbos were not victims in any way. It was inevitable that there was going to be a counter coup from either the Hausas or Yorubas considering what the Igbos did by killing Yorubas and Hausas.

Despite all these, Yorubas never did a counter coup, instead it was the Hausas that decided to retaliate. Yet despite all that Igbos still have the audacity to accusse Yorubas of treachery, you people really do not have any shame. Despite all wat the Igbos did in 1966, a Yoruba man (Adekunle Fajuyi) decided to give his own life for an Igbo man (Aguyi Ironsi) out of loyalty and honour, yet you Igbos still have the audacity to claim the victim card.

What a pity.
What a pity.

Nnamdi Azikwe knew about the coup and did not even bother to warn his friends about their impending deaths. I used to think Zik was honourable, at least now i know better.

Ifeajuna killed his own mentor for goodness sake, how can someone be so heartless.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 8:57am On Jul 19, 2009
Oyinda, you probably think BecomeRich is igbo. He creates an average of 5 hate topics against igbos everyday. Others are tpiah/Arnold/texcee[3 tribalists in one woman], No2atheism[another tribalist hypocrite claiming to hold the keys to heaven through his correct practice of the bible], etc.

There are igbo tribalists here too but should they attack Yorubas because of the few bad eggs in their midst and vice versa?. I bet you, come here tomorrow and you must see another Biafra this and that as a new thread.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

i will read the article but i'm just wondering how objective it is.
i know igbos create lots of hate topics but i won't support hate topics from yorubas either.
but then, i haven't read the article. . . yet lol

Please read, you would be suprised to realise that Igbos caused their own downfall, which makes me all the more miffed as to how they have the audacity to claim the victim card.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2009
amarilo:

I never believed yorubas are this stupid or is it just you? Are by any means related to becomerich and okokomije?

You neeed to ask around about me on nairaland, i do not do insults. I deal with referenced facts and discussion. So please stop the melodrama.

Aloy.Emeka:

Oyinda, you probably think BecomeRich is igbo. He creates an average of 5 hate topics against igbos everyday. Others are tpiah/Arnold/texcee[3 tribalists in one woman], No2atheism[another tribalist hypocrite claiming to hold the keys to heaven through his correct practice of the bible], etc.

I guess u know me enough to know that such melodrama does not work on me,

There are igbo tribalists here too but should they attack Yorubas because of the few bad eggs in their midst and vice versa?. I bet you, come here tomorrow and you must see another Biafra this and that as a new thread.

@Aloy.Emeka i certainly hope u are not without conscience enough to try to justify wat happened in 1966.

Yes their are bad eggs in Yorubas
Yes their are bad eggs in Hausas
Yes their bad eggs in Igbos.

Nevertheless wat happened in 1966 was not a matter of bad eggs, instead it was a calculated and intentional action by Igbos and not just a few bad eggs. It was calculated enough that Nnamdi Azikwe knew about it in advance and intentionally left Nigeria and did not even bother to inform people marked for death but which he also claim to be their friends.

One thing is for sure in all of these Yorubas have suffered a lot from both sides , and yet we have endeavoured to play the neutral party despite that Igbos and Hausas killed Yorubas alongside during their coups.

-----------------------------------------------

@others

I would really advise people to please read the material on that link, it is quite revealing up on till now i used to think the 1966 coup was patriotic, however now i know it was not but that it was basically an calculated and executed Igbo action against Yorubas and Hausas.

No wonder Nigeria has been so bleeped up since and no wonder Hausas have made sure they dominated the military since then (since the were seriously wounded during the 1966 coup).
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

Please read, you would be[b] suprised to realise that Igbos caused their own downfal[/b]l, which makes me all the more miffed as to how they have the audacity to claim the victim card.
Look at this goat talking about downfall. if your land is filled with milk and honey because you did not fall, why not come back here?. What are you doing in UK?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by nsibidi101(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2009
it's funny how yorubas just love to pass themselves off as pure and holy, the ones who never put a foot wrong.I dont support uprisings but with or without volumes of history it is clear to any unbiased umpire why nzeogwu of blessed memory carried out a coup and what he hoped to achieve with it.it clearly was not an igbo agenda. unfortunately some officers in a miscalculated move spared their igbo targets.anybody can twist it any which way they like though.
anyhow the yorubas are clever, I give that to them.
1.they recognise igbos as competitors and so are welcome to any tactics that is hatched to exclude them from the helm of affairs.
2.they turn a blind eye when igbos are killed up north.isn't it better for them when the igbo population is drastically reduced?
3.they always like to appear as the 'good people' and dont waste time when it comes to bash igbos at every opportunity.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Abagworo(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2009
Hmm, hmm, Before we proceed,i would like to know if people in delta who speak igbo are igbos.if NO,then this thread is null and void.if yes then i would make my comment.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2009
nsibidi101:

it's funny how yorubas just love to pass themselves off as pure and holy, the ones who never put a foot wrong.I dont support uprisings but with or without volumes of history it is clear to any unbiased umpire why nzeogwu of blessed memory carried out a coup and what he hoped to achieve with it.it clearly was not an igbo agenda. unfortunately some officers in a miscalculated move spared their igbo targets.anybody can twist it any which way they like though.
anyhow the yorubas are clever, I give that to them.
1.they recognise igbos as competitors and so are welcome to any tactics that is hatched to exclude them from the helm of affairs.
2.they turn a blind eye when igbos are killed up north.isn't it better for them when the igbo population is drastically reduced?
3.they always like to appear as the 'good people' and dont waste time when it comes to bash igbos at every opportunity.

Please spare me the jauxtaposing bullshit about miscalculation , if it were a miscalculation then Nnamdi Azikwe would not have been spared and warned in advance.

Even an Igbo man gave an account that he could not reconcile the fact that only Yorubas and Hausas were killed, so please spare me the few bad eggs bullshit.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 19, 2009
Abagworo:

Hmm, hmm, Before we proceed,i would like to know if people in delta who speak igbo are igbos.if NO,then this thread is null and void.if yes then i would make my comment.

I advise you wait until when Lugard wakes from his grave to tell you who you are. undecided
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by nsibidi101(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2009
Igbos may face resentment from some minority groups who felt were not duely consulted before being dragged into a war that was eventually lost.that may be well founded, but thats where it starts and ends.all these yorubas who like to stir hatred against ibos so that they the yorubas can appear as the lovely triumphant folks make me laugh.their's no vice peculiar to any group in this country.the know it all yorubas who have taken over affairs of this country along with their awusa cousins should make it a better place for us all now ehn.mba, you spend day and night telling us how igbos did the first this and the first that.na wa to una o.
I still dont know why yorubas are tribalistic in nature
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2009
Abagworo:

Hmm, hmm,  Before we proceed,i would like to know if people in delta who speak igbo are igbos.if NO,then this thread is null and void.if yes then i would make my comment.
tpiah should be able to give us an insight on your question. She is the only Nigerian capable of telling you whom you are no matter what you believe you are. Her answer should be able to void or substantiate the premise of this argument. I am sure No2atheism will not understand.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

Please read, you would be suprised to realise that Igbos caused their own downfall, which makes me all the more miffed as to how they have the audacity to claim the victim card.

What do you mean by downfall? Does it mean not having a shot at the presidency in order to loot the economy? Or, are you mistaking a struggle for a justice, better life and rejection of corruption as "downfall"?
I am asking because I dont see how the Igbos appear to have fallen more than other tribes.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by No2Atheism(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2009
nuzo:

What do you mean by downfall? Does it mean not having a shot at the presidency in order to loot the economy? Or, are you mistaking a struggle for a justice, better life and rejection of corruption as "downfall"?
I am asking because I dont see how the Igbos appear to have fallen more than other tribes.

I do not support any corrupt Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man hence i am not a supporter of the sharing of the so called national cake.

What i mean by downfall is that:

- They caused Hausas to hate them based on what they did to the Hausas during the first coup
- They caused most of the other tribes to completely distrust them based on the past and present antecdents.
- They cause Yorubas not to trust them based on how they have treated Yorubas in the past.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by AloyEmeka9: 9:42am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

I do not support any corrupt Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man hence i am not a supporter of the sharing of the so called national cake.

- They caused Hausas to hate them based on what they did to the Hausas during the first coup
- They caused most of the other tribes to completely distrust them based on the past and present antecdents.
- [b]They cause Yorubas not to trust them based on how they have treated Yorubas in the past.

[/b]

I can see how igbos that reason like you love Yorubas and hausas so much. stop lumping people together my fren, I thought you claim a complete knowledge of the bible and you are God's vicar. Tribalism and haterd no dey the bible wey you dey read?. Yorubas don't trust igbos, igbos don't trust yorbas and so on and so forth. It's not a one way lane and I expect you, being a child of the most high God to find a way to put an end to the madness and not fueling it.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by asha2: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

- They caused Hausas to hate them based on what they did to the Hausas during the first coup. . .1
- They caused most of the other tribes to completely distrust them based on the past and present antecdents. . .3
- They cause Yorubas not to trust them based on how they have treated Yorubas in the past. . .2

For no1 are you aware that clashes between igbo and hausa started way before 1966?Do you know about 1953 riots in kano?

For no2 distrust between the igbo ad yoruba started way back in 1948 when there whare clashes between the youths from the 2 groups.

For no3 which tribe actually trusts each other?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2009
No2Atheism:

- They cause Yorubas not to trust them based on how they have treated Yorubas in the past.

Now that we've all known that the whole of nigeria and her tribes hate and distrust the Igbo of which I and most Igbos can never lose sleep over, why shout "one nigeria" when you and other nigeians have come out clear to state that there's nothing like that?
Why not let these hated set of people go? Why was the Biafran war sabotaged?
Why keep somebody you hate and distrust this much around your house?
Why?

As I await your honest answers, I want to thank you for making public your long secret hatred public instead of using the Biafran issue to indirectly insult the Igbos.
Bravo to you.

From today onwards, you have my respect.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Onlytruth(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2009
You have to understand the average Yoruba mindset to understand what he meant by "Igbo downfall". My cousin owns half of the buildings along a particular street in Shomolu Lagos, and Igbo dominate them even in Lagos through share resilience and the indomitable spirit of the Igboman, and Yorubas are here shouting "Igbo downfall".
By "downfall" he meant that Igbos are not looting the Niger delta oil with them and Hausa.
Like I said, the only crime Igbos committed in Nigeria was to want progress. Go and read Nzeogwu's coup manuscript, you would think he spoke of today's Nigerian politicians. If Gideon Okar succeeded, his coup would have achieved the same goal as Nzeogwus and you won't hear tribe there. The yorubas are masters of distortion and changes colors more than the chameleon.
Our only fault as Igbos in Nigeria is that we want progress. We have always wanted progress (which is why they won't let us go). But we are tired of stagnation. We want a functioning nation. The Yorubas are very much at home with throwing an "owambe" party in the middle of a road in proximity of an open "gutter" ; 21st century or not. He can come back from London today and still fit in there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu And The British Connection. / House Of Reps Allegation On North-east Food Aid Blatant Falsehood – Presidency / LAWMA Sweepers Get Free Breast, Cervical Cancer Screening, Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.