Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . (8144 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Distance From Daura To Ogoniland / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Tsiya(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2009
udezue:

Keep your support to yourself. Of what importance are you? You ask a bunch ignorant ass questions not worth answering. Worry about you not us.

It is really interesting to get a glimpse of the past. The Ibo people are greedy. They attempted to take over the country (the 66 coup), they failed, then they came up with biafra, they failed, and they were given their own states, they failed to provide governance and leadership to their people.

They can continue to complain, onething Im certain is that, as a country, we will be better as one. However, if the country divides, their people will suffer more. I can just imagine the millions Ibo that will be repatriated.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2009
they say they are proud to be IBO abi na BIAFRA. they are always screaming ibo kwenu but you will find most of them living in abuja, ghana and lagos. why not stay in onitcha and shout your ibo kwenu from there?  undecided stop bothering us pls

even biafraworld doesn't contain them. they have to bring their propaganda to nairaland.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Tsiya(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2009
Generally, the biafrans ibo are myopic. they just think of the immediate. they dont hav long term planning. they can do anything today to achieve their aim. . . but when tomorrow comes . . .they look different. They are drumming for war, just thinking about the oil in the delta, hoping to get all of it . . .hahaha . . . while they criss-cross the whole country . . . doing legitimate business without intimidation, but they wont allow anybody into their region. They rob, kill and maim anybody that is non igbo in their markets . . . .when this country splits!!!
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by larez(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2009
udezue:

Keep your support to yourself. Of what importance are you? You ask a bunch ignorant ass questions not worth answering. Worry about you not us.

I am not surprised at your response and infact expected it from your likes and co-conspirators. You will go to all means of avoiding healthy debates because of your agenda. You do very well in the midst of fools who cannot think for themselves and shout down intellects who ask you to provide proof instead of propaganda. You are the epitome of evil, and I will not be a part of those few good men who stand idly by. People like you who are in the business of causing havoc and disunity have awaken people like me who will fight you to submission.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2009
oy
they say they are proud to be IBO abi na BIAFRA. they are always screaming ibo kwenu but you will find most of them living in abuja, ghana and lagos. why not stay in onitcha and shout your ibo kwenu from there? stop bothering us pls

even biafraworld doesn't contain them. they have to bring their propaganda to nairaland.

only a gbatti will make a statement such as that, becomerich have said before the igbo should be grateful to fashola

but what their trait wouldnt let them see is there are milllions of oduduwa livin in a foreign land, but how could they when the trait will keep prevailin in every moves they make
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2009
I am not surprised at your response and infact expected it from your likes and co-conspirators. You will go to all means of avoiding healthy debates because of your agenda. You do very well in the midst of fools who cannot think for themselves and shout down intellects who ask you to provide proof instead of propaganda. You are the epitome of evil, and I will not be a part of those few good men who stand idly by. People like you who are in the business of causing havoc and disunity have awaken people like me who will fight you to submission.

NONESENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this is it; bragiin on smething that was never there

trait!! quote me
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2009
ikeyman. i take God beg u. pls go siddon for corner. you have done very well in contributing ur quota to nairaland tribalism. it's time for u to take a rest pls. go retire or something undecided
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally, the biafrans ibo are myopic. they just think of the immediate. they dont hav long term planning. they can do anything today to achieve their aim. . . but when tomorrow comes . . .they look different. They are drumming for war, just thinking about the oil in the delta, hoping to get all of it . . .hahaha . . . while they criss-cross the whole country . . . doing legitimate business without intimidation, but they wont allow anybody into their region. They rob, kill and maim anybody that is non igbo in their markets . . . .when this country splits!!!

u will be suprised!! a lots of igbos have no time for Biafara

if they have, in today contenx, Biafara stand for fairness and equlity for all nigeria, i repeat Biafara stand for fairness and equality for [size=20pt]all[/size]

But in a situation the most emm poeple that run medium size buziness in the country which generates a lot of revenue to FG has to go through their neck to get the product down to the markets,then u wonder, no good roads

THe same 1 NIGERIA blank all to embark on Lagos-kano rail then have the gut to chew bullhist for here nawoo
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2009
oyinola
ikeyman. i take God beg u. pls go siddon for corner. you have done very well in contributing ur quota to nairaland tribalism. it's time for u to take a rest pls. go retire or something 

hahhahha, yes, u are a joke, i have watched u in ur attempt to suppress the truth, it wouldnt work

there is a diference in acceptin truth and embellishin in a deadly and deluding trait

the choice is yours

siddon there and hit the wall

the nigerians must spread the truth; it part of the gosple, if na lie ask becomerich
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2009
ah so you are becomerich's brother from another mama cheesy
na clown you two be.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2009
get dumber tryin^^^^

grin
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by oyinda3(f): 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2009
^^ clown
grin
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by okokomeji: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2009
Hello Biafrans,
I ain't gotta introduce myself, cos I ain't friendly. When I talk, I say nothing but the truth y'all. When I start I don't rap, I phonetic speak. I remain myself the one and only "Okokomeji" when I talk hearts I rip. My faults y'all! They used to tell me (I got the culinary skills) I cook for the whole world because I love to eat too. To all Igbo people on this thread, all you do is drinkin’ that Gatorade or Hate-to-rade on Yorubas and at the end of the day y’all gonna lose! I ain't wanna hear y'all talkin' 'bout culture, education and politics. I bet, you ain't gonna throw a rice in Chinese wedding! Don’t let me start with my Yoruba chauvinism or bourgeoisie, you know how I get down; I am gonna steal all the show on the thread like the Greeks stole Xmas! Walkin’ in like nobody, I’m ‘bout to be outta here like a super-celebrity.Ha ha ha ha, I feel good and I am also proud of y'all. These muthafuckas trying to play, I got my ass waitin' on the other thread, they got damn over here. They got me think that Bia-failed Gatorade Hate-to-rade coming through y’all, you know I’m thirty. They all my boos, cos I dog their asses tight. I’m talkin’ ‘bout all these p.ussies (Ikey-man00 or Irk-man zero zero or Irate-man olodo olodo, Dede1 or Dundee 10, asha2 or ashawo-2,000,000, sley4life or slicedforever and Nuzo or nuisance). Let’s go there!

NB: When you bring your hatred on this forum, you gotta count Yorubas out, if not Okokomeji will never leave you alone and stop going to South America to intrude all my 70 million Yoruba people. Talking ‘bout you own 85% of slaves during the slavery and therefore, they should forget about Orisha and follow your “Arochukwu or Ani”. Then, don’t talk about education to Westerners, you can keep that too
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2009
'
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afam(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2009
larez:

With those questions asked, I want to assure my Igbo friends that I vow to personally support them in achieving their Aim of Biafraand once the above questions have been adequately addressed. I believe that those not interested in being part of Nigeria should be free to emancipate so the rest of the country can be free of agitators who are clearly blackmailers in disguise that only want to find ways of lining their pockets without earning it.

@larez,

You have asked some questions that deserve answers but when you make accusations as if they are statements of facts including condemning a people based on actions of a few people then it makes perfect sense to ignore you and your questions as in reality you are grossly inconsequential in the scheme of things in Nigeria, bitter truth you must live with.

On Biafra

I have never hidden my position on Biafra, as at today their is nothing like Biafra unless all the other states that were part of the then Eastern region agree to be part of Biafra so the reckless statements by some clowns even on this forum that all Igbos support Biafra or that Igbos should not live in any part of Nigeria but Igbo land to do business really are unfortunate and shows a lot of ignorance and knowledge about the facts on ground.

On a separate Igbo nation

The facts are there for all to see and feel. The core Igbos states alone have more than enough crude oil, coal and limestone to build an sustain a progressive nation and make money selling them after all we are naturally business oriented people, not so? When it comes to natural resources only an ignorant person would fail to see what the 5 Igbos states have.

On non Igbos not doing business or doing well in Igbo land

This should ordinarily be obvious to all because most of the other tribes make their money from institutions and federal based organizations not regular businesses. So, when federal presence is almost non existent in Igboland it becomes very difficult for non Igbos to settle there as they do in Lagos or Abuja (after all it is not all the western areas that you see Igbo people doing business).

After the war about 20 or 40 pounds were given to the Igbo man to start life afresh and with such "large foreign direct investment" from the federal government the area cannot be an investment destination for a lot of non Igbos.

In any case, you have different areas in the south east with significant population of non Igbos. I merely touched on some of the accusations for the sake of argument to prove that even if the accusations were indeed correct that there is enough justification.

It seems a lot of people find it difficult to think through issues especially when it comes to tribes or ethnicity as I don't understand why someone would believe lies being told by someone maybe because they have common tribal interests. What is the essence of getting any education if one cannot train the mind to read, digest, assimilate, analyze and conclude on issues based on logic, facts and common sense and not based on sentiments and tribal or religious mindset and bigotry?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by FACE(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2009
Afam , Dede 1 and co. You have done well holding your own with good skills based on sound knowledge and without bias. You have been very patient indeed and I must commend you for that.

People come on here and make accusations they cannot substantiate and when challenged they beat a hurried retreat.

Negro Nation, please make up your mind about who you are quarrelling with. Stop shifting grounds like a landslide. You made your accusations against the Igbos and when challenged with superior argument by knowledgeable people you beat a hasty retreat and have now started switching your attack to the British and Housas without being man enough to hold your hands up and accept the errors of your original position.

That is exactly how you lose wars, by opening so many fronts at the same time, beating endless retreats and hoping that the trouble you started would just go away. I could take the issues you raised apart and tear them into shreds, but capable people have already responded to the absolute rubbish you talked about.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2009
Negro Nation, please make up your mind about who you are quarrelling with. Stop shifting grounds like a landslide. You made your accusations against the Igbos and when challenged with superior argument by knowledgeable people you beat a hasty retreat and have now started switching your attack to the British and Housas without being man enough to hold your hands up and accept the errors of your original position.

If you have some sense you better start taking notes. . .by the time I am done I would have covered so many grounds and opened up a variety of issues that could in themselves become manuscript for a book. Would you like to make some money?
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by presido1: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

If you have some sense you better start taking notes. . .by the time I am done I would have covered so many grounds and opened up a variety of issues that could in themselves become manuscript for a book. Would you like to make some money?
You are a joke
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by larez(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2009
Afam:

@larez,

You have asked some questions that deserve answers but when you make accusations as if they are statements of facts including condemning a people based on actions of a few people then it makes perfect sense to ignore you and your questions as in reality you are grossly inconsequential in the scheme of things in Nigeria, bitter truth you must live with.

On Biafra

I have never hidden my position on Biafra, as at today their is nothing like Biafra unless all the other states that were part of the then Eastern region agree to be part of Biafra so the reckless statements by some clowns even on this forum that all Igbos support Biafra or that Igbos should not live in any part of Nigeria but Igbo land to do business really are unfortunate and shows a lot of ignorance and knowledge about the facts on ground.

On a separate Igbo nation

The facts are there for all to see and feel. The core Igbos states alone have more than enough crude oil, coal and limestone to build an sustain a progressive nation and make money selling them after all we are naturally business oriented people, not so? When it comes to natural resources only an ignorant person would fail to see what the 5 Igbos states have.

On non Igbos not doing business or doing well in Igbo land

This should ordinarily be obvious to all because most of the other tribes make their money from institutions and federal based organizations not regular businesses. So, when federal presence is almost non existent in Igboland it becomes very difficult for non Igbos to settle there as they do in Lagos or Abuja (after all it is not all the western areas that you see Igbo people doing business).

After the war about 20 or 40 pounds were given to the Igbo man to start life afresh and with such "large foreign direct investment" from the federal government the area cannot be an investment destination for a lot of non Igbos.

In any case, you have different areas in the south east with significant population of non Igbos. I merely touched on some of the accusations for the sake of argument to prove that even if the accusations were indeed correct that there is enough justification.

It seems a lot of people find it difficult to think through issues especially when it comes to tribes or ethnicity as I don't understand why someone would believe lies being told by someone maybe because their have common tribal interests. What is the essence of getting any education if one cannot train the mind to read, digest, assimilate, analyze and conclude on issues based on logic, facts and common sense and not based on sentiments and tribal or religious mindset and bigotry?  

I really don't suffer fools. If you were not blinded by your tribalism, you would have noticed that I was specific in each instance that I used Biafra and Igbo. The fact remains that my closest friends are Igbo, but they did not come directly from the bush to start making noise in Lagos before going abroad. They settled themselves to learn and adapt culturally to avoid spilling the type of ignorance coming from your likes.

My association with enlightened Igbos has allowed me to be able to differentiate the moronic bush men who have tasted money for the first time, from people who come from homes of distinction in Igboland. Your calibre of people who choose not to learn from the past to ensure your peaceful tomorrow, will never affect or change my predisposition towards my classy friends who happen to be Igbo. There is a clear distinction of the difference in my mind.

However, you have really gone beyond the point of return in your new scheming attempts to change Yoruba history. My fear at this point is that your types will galvanize the Yorubas against the Igbos generally due to your fellow ignorant Yorubas. The fact is that when push comes to shove, your leaders will be held responsible for the atrocities that you will cause by not speaking out and stopping the nonsense early. Yorubas have always been a wealthy people who have learnt the good and evils money bring and know how to handle wealth graciously. This is in contrast to you bush men who have never seen wealth and will end up being victims of the wealth in itself. What we are currently seeing is what the Western world refer to as the Nouveau Riche syndrome. You won't understand what I am speakiing of, because it is something mere money cannot purchase but has to be bred. You are displaying the breed of a street mutt which is the result of the political thuggery now fully embedded in Nigerian Politics.

Ole, oju o ri ola ri.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Dede1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Looking at the 1959 election results it is evident that what started in the mid-50s is now manifested into a political advantage for the North. There is clarity here that the North is favored by the British, starting back to the allocation of 50 seats for their representation in Parliament, the reluctance of the Governor General to honor the unanimous agreement by Southerners to obtain independence in 1956 and his deferrence to the North's opposition for the date.

This election result was also an attempt on the part of the authorities in Lagos to buttress their bogus claim that the population density in the North is twice that in the South and thus is translated into a higher turnout and vote for NPC, although it is highly unlikely that the Northerners fully understood the electoral process or whether in fact these vote counts were not dubiously manufactured numbers. But who would be so corrupt as to do such a thing? To reach the nook and corner of the villages and the townships and cities you need contact and communication. . .media presence. How much of that resource did the North have working on its behalf? So let us talk about media coverage and public awareness.

As at 1959, radio broadcast was nationwide and there were four broadcast stations; one in Lagos and one each for the regional capitals of Ibadan, Onitsha and Kaduna. Print media was also widespread in Lagos and the regions. Television broadcast was different. In 1959 Ibadan was the only Nigeria city with TV broadcast and its programms covered the entire Yorubaland as well as boundaries beyond. Ibadan was also the first Nigerian city to have a Univeristy campus. In 1959, the city of Ibadan was the largest city in geographic area and most populous in tropical Africa. What gains could one expect out of these facts?

Meaning that in terms of public relations and social awareness through education and media coverage, Western region and particularly Action Group had the best of advantage working in its favor to reach the most eligible voters, to get the highest turn out on election day and win the election. But why did it not?

Awolowo may very well have won the count but we don't know that and may never know but we do know is that he lost the election and placed third nationwide. Not only did he lose the electoral leadership and the Prime Ministership but by coming in third he also lost the opportunity to form opposition in Parliament or secure any favorable alliances to that end. He had stepped on the wrong toes and been blacklisted ever since his outcry and agitated campaign against extending independence date past 1956. Wihout doubt Britain had a prolong interest in Nigeria. . .one that would extend past independence and self-rule. It was shrewd that the leadership of Nigeria be given. . .not elected!. . .but be given to that group which is similarly positioned as an outsider and would likely be sympathetic to the British interest for dominance and preservation.

Awolowo had already proven himself unworthy as a viable partner for a continued British interest in Nigerian affair. Azikiwe was a flip-flopper and with sufficient pressure he could fold to Awolowo and go against Britain. . .on the other hand he could also be persuaded to form a coalition against Awo. Awo could be frustrated to lower his defenses and come around on the British side. Balewa did not need any persuasion. . .he had already raised concerns many times about Southerners' indifference to the North and this had led NPC to consider very strongly the possibility of forming their own country out of Nigeria. Balewa was not ambitious for the oil in the Niger Delta, Britain was and their exit from Nigerian government would limit that interest severely if the most patriotic out of these three became the Leader. When you leave a legacy to your children you don't assign it to the prodigal child. . . you give it to the prudent one for safekeeping. Right? So why would Britain give the leadership mantle to that group of Nigerians who clearly and by all account in 1959 were the least likely to safeguard Nigerian sovereignty prudently?

This unfortunate outcome only added to the resentment and bitterness in the country. It touched every part of our social life. . .it even led to an uprising in 1962 or 63 in the University of Lagos. An occassion upon which the students and faculty considered it berating to appoint an Igbo man the VC of UnilLag and UI. Both appointments of course were not isolated incidences but rather a coordinated effort to frustrate Awo and his supporters in Yorubaland. The scheme peaked in 1963 when he was finally charged for treason and was sentenced to imprisonment. The entire Western region erupted and factions broke out of AG. It was so volatile that Balewa became fearful that Yorubas would topple the Nigerian government and destroy him. He contemplated releasing Awolowo from prison to calm the West but unfortunately he did not live long enough to achieve that.

You are either a shameless fool or irredeemable dunce. You almost got me to view you as learned individual but your useless postings, which convey your inner most state of mind, had relegated you to the true son of your treacherous forbearers.

When the first regional elections were held, NCNC and local party such as IPP that fielded candidates under the platform of the NCNC trounced the Action Group in western regional polls that comprised the then Midwestern region. However, the Yoruba elites frowned at the possibility of an Igbo man being the first premier of western region hence political arm twisting and burning of houses of opponents ensured. These actions led to the famous carpet-crossing incident among the members of IPP including the individuals such as Fani-kayode, etc.

If Herbert Marculey did not die earlier than the election date, which saw Azikiwe as the leader of NCNC, the political treachery in western region of Nigeria that gave birth to tribal political bickering in the jungle called Nigerian would have been averted. This single action by the Yoruba people, I guessed informed Azikiwe’s political amalgam throughout his approach towards Nigeria gaining of independence and beyond. It must be recalled that Pan-Igbo Union gave rise to NCNC and yet, a Yoruba man was elected leader of the party.

It is an unpardonable idiocy to insinuate that Awolowo started call for the agitation of independence of the British Protectorate that metamorphosed into the jungle called Nigeria. It is a literary crime to make such fallacy public in written easy as you have done.

The women in Aba in 1929 had started the benchmark for agitation of the Nigeria’s self-governance led by their young lawyer Jaja Wachuku who was imprisoned by the colonial masters. Also on the first vanguards of Nigerians for independent was Azikiwe whose newspaper, West African Pilot, took the fight against colonialism to the British. When the British chased Zik to Ghana in 1940s, Awolowo had not finished schooling in London talk less of being source-mouth of Nigerian independence.

Agitation for creation of more regions in the jungle called Nigeria was born out of self-centered political reasons, need for equity and the action of the northern region politicians for demanding 50% representation at the federal level. Eastern region is the smallest region in Nigeria when viewed through the land mass. NCNC started the call for more regions especially in the northern region of Nigeria where the British had extrapolated population figures based on the land mass. NCNC wanted northern region to be divided into three regions and western region to be divided into two regions to bring sense of equity to sizes of the regions. This motion by NCNC stalwarts triggered similar motion from other regions calling for division of eastern region into two.

The fight for creation of Midwestern region was spearheaded by NCNC, Otu-Edo and MSM. While NCNC leaders were fighting for creation of Midwestern region, Action Group leaders made every human effort to stop the momentum. During this process, Awolowo had to threaten Oba Akenzua II of Benin to stay clear out of politics or else.

Initially the Oba listened to that ominous advice that almost caused him his throne because of constant headache the Oba was receiving from Humphery Omo-Osagie of Otu-Edo group.

In order not to bore you with lengthy history of the agitation of Midwestern region, let me simply state the groups and individuals who were for and against creation of Midwestern region.

For Creation of Midwestern region:

Party or Groups: NCNC, MSM and few members of Otu-Edo group.

Individual Efforts: Oba Akenzua II, Obi of Agbor, Dennis Osadebe, H. Omo-Osagie, F. Okotie-Eboh, Chike Ekwuyasi, J.I.G Onyia, J.O Odigie, J. Utomi, F. Oputa-Otutu, G.I. Oviasu, D.E Y. Aghahowa, J.E. Otobo the only Action Group member who favored the creation of Midwestern region, etc.

Against Creation of Midwestern region:

Party or Groups: Action Group, UPP, few members of Otu-Edo and few Urhobo Progressive Union.

Individual Efforts: Olu of Warri, Obafemi Awolowo, S. L. Akintola, Gaius Obaseki, Anthony Enahoro, S.O. Ighodaro, Arthur Prest, etc.

It would be recalled that during the 1963 referendum for creation of Midwestern region, many NCNC political stalwarts personally went to the region to stump for the movement for the creation of the region without minding for their safety. The chief among the politicians to campaign for Midwestern region were Michael Okpara, Dennis Osadebe, G.C Mbanugo, TOS Benson, R. A. Fani-Kayode, R. A Akinyemi, K. O. Mbadiwe, Olu Akinfosile, F. Okotie-Eboh and H. Omo-Osagie.

As at this period, Chief Obafemi Awolowo was already in jail in Calabar and the only effort he put towards the creation of Midwestern region was against.

In academia, Nigeria was up and running to ellipse any progress Ghana had achieved. By 1963, Nigeria had four Universities namely ABU, Unibadan, Unilag and UNN. The VCs of the universities were two expatriates and two Nigerians. The Nigerians were Prof. Kenneth Dike and Prof. Eni Njoku of Universities of Ibadan and Lagos respectively. Please folks you must understand that in academia then, the position of tenured professorship is strictly based on academic merit. It should be recalled that when Prof Eni Njoku merited the position VC of Unilag, Dr. Obabiaku (sp) was not even a full professor at Unibadan. However, when Eni Njoku tenure was due for re-appointment for second four-year term, a Yoruba born Minister of Education who has just defected from NCNC to NNDP decided to inject tribalism to Nigerian academia by appointing Dr. Obabiaku (sp) to the post of VC of Unilag. The minister for education was no less a person than Chief Richard A. Akinjide.

Due to the shaming of the very Nigerian young academic repertoire by ethnic biased and tribal driven minister, the expatriate VC in UNN had to appeal to the government urging that Prof. Eni Njoku should replace him at UNN.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by larez(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2009
Dede1:

In academia, Nigeria was up and running to ellipse any progress Ghana had achieved. By 1963, Nigeria had four Universities namely ABU, Unibadan, Unilag and UNN. The VCs of the universities were two expatriates and two Nigerians. The Nigerians were Prof. Kenneth Dike and Prof. Eni Njoku of Universities of Ibadan and Lagos respectively. Please folks you must understand that in academia then, the position of tenured professorship is strictly based on academic merit. It should be recalled that when Prof Eni Njoku merited the position VC of Unilag, Dr. Obabiaku (sp) was not even a full professor at Unibadan. However, when Eni Njoku tenure was due for re-appointment for second four-year term, a Yoruba born Minister of Education who has just defected from NCNC to NNDP decided to inject tribalism to Nigerian academia by appointing Dr. Obabiaku (sp) to the post of VC of Unilag. The minister for education was no less a person than Chief Richard A. Akinjide.

Due to the shaming of the very Nigerian young academic repertoire by ethnic biased and tribal driven minister, the expatriate VC in UNN had to appeal to the government urging that Prof. Eni Njoku should replace him at UNN.      

Sources please, quote your sources. The British recently unsealed a whole lot of documents regarding their involvement in colonial Nigeria. There are new facts coming out that there was in-fact a conspiracy to shut down Awolowo by the British, and Yorubas generally because they  were regarded as a threat even to the British Kingdom. Yorubas were considered very advanced in their thinking and strategies and if allowed to develop unchecked would become a threat to the dominance of the Western world.

It is unfortunate that even today, certain Nigerians feel like whatever Oyinbo said back then was flawless. They fail to think of who's interest Oyinbo was working for. It is clear that the British decided to sabotage Nigeria which they have successfully done, and we can clearly now see the weapons that they used. Propaganda is a major tool of warfare, and why will Nigerians let the British to continue judging who was in-fact qualified for professorship at a time that they were carefully orchestrating a ploy to sabotage Nigeria.

Language has been linked directly to sophistication in logical clarity. Oyinbos have recently confessed that the Yoruba language is the most advanced that they encountered in sub-saharan Africa and Africa as a whole. The extensive sophistication in both vocabulary and idioms shocked Oyimbo, and is still a subject of ongoing research in different parts of the world. This is the closest Oyinbo will ever get to admitting that an African language is more sophisticated than English. You guys need to stop being pawns and start finding joy in sharing the hidden wealth of africa. It is not everything that you try use your aggressive competitive energies to kill.

In the United States, a world of cultures are celebrated in different parts. My own better pass your own, na him dey kill Africa and na de reason wey we no grow be that. Yoruba towns continue to exist in many parts of the world. This is clearly because of the fact that it is a very strong culture that mere slavery could not stifle. Nobody had to travel to these countries to start trying to force them to accept new facts and doctrines to propagate this culture. It still lacks any central body that holds it together, and yet it survives. Just accept these facts and let's move on. We will have to create a Mecca of sorts in Ile Ife to accommodate this unquenchable culture that just won't die. I don't blame Biafrans for trying to go out and steal parts of it to boost their image.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
. . .Larez, thank you for sharing that.

The Igbos are encouraged by our silence in the West. By nature they are an aggresive people. . .they make a lot of noise ahead of their plans and wait for a response and if one did not come back the result aggravates them to make louder noise. When they finally launch an assault it's usually without air. All the air they need to sustain battle was spent in noise making. This is why for most part here I dismiss their ignorance. . .and true to their nature they always come back louder.

When you respond to them calmly you end up controlling their emotions and can safely steer them where you need their attention. . . Outside of what we are discussing here each and everyone of them know me, I am quick to tell their ass off but not now, I have a mission on this one and I thank you for encouraging my focus.

Dede, are you talking about the period between 1959 and 1966? I'm interested in what you are saying so clarify the points for me.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afam(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2009
larez:

I really don't suffer fools. If you were not blinded by your tribalism, you would have noticed that I was specific in each instance that I used Biafra and Igbo. The fact remains that my closest friends are Igbo, but they did not come directly from the bush to start making noise in Lagos before going abroad. They settled themselves to learn and adapt culturally to avoid spilling the type of ignorance coming from your likes.

My association with enlightened Igbos has allowed me to be able to differentiate the moronic bush men who have tasted money for the first time, from people who come from homes of distinction in Igboland. Your calibre of people who choose not to learn from the past to ensure your peaceful tomorrow, will never affect or change my predisposition towards my classy friends who happen to be Igbo. There is a clear distinction of the difference in my mind.

However, you have really gone beyond the point of return in your new scheming attempts to change Yoruba history. My fear at this point is that your types will galvanize the Yorubas against the Igbos generally due to your fellow ignorant Yorubas. The fact is that when push comes to shove, your leaders will be held responsible for the atrocities that you will cause by not speaking out and stopping the nonsense early. Yorubas have always been a wealthy people who have learnt the good and evils money bring and know how to handle wealth graciously. This is in contrast to you bush men who have never seen wealth and will end up being victims of the wealth in itself. What we are currently seeing is what the Western world refer to as the Nouveau Riche syndrome. You won't understand what I am speakiing of, because it is something mere money cannot purchase but has to be bred. You are displaying the breed of a street mutt which is the result of the political thuggery now fully embedded in Nigerian Politics.

Ole, oju o ri ola ri.

There is a saying that goes like this - When issues come to logic and common sense some people begin to see ghosts.

I do not belong to a group that promotes hate or tribal supremacy neither do I support the call for Biafra based on reasons earlier highlighted so your decision to see my posts through purely ethnic and tribal prism is most unfortunate even though you reserve the right to see everything as ethnic based.

So, while I do not promote ethnic supremacy of any kind I make bold to state that I will always defend my people (Igbos) anytime lies and misinformation are used against them. I am a proud Igbo man and have no reason not to be proud of being an Igbo man.

I agreed that some of your questions made sense but refused to respond to them because you cannot make categorical statements and insulting statements including lies against my people on the one hand and yet expect to get answers to your questions on the other hand.

I am not an ethnic bigot so if you cannot discuss on any issue without fight cursing people you are on your own.

God forbid I begin to live life based on just ethnic and tribal sentiments. If my not agreeing with some of the lies and statements you put down (that prompted my response) makes me a bush man so be it. But for starters based on what you have put down in terms of coherency and consistency I dare say you have an attitude problem and it is your problem to sort that out not mine.

I guess you need to visit the Racism, Tribalism, Sectarianism section more as that seems to be where you belong.

As regards your friends that are Igbo I don't see any relevance to such claims as the claims could as well be like the lies you have been telling that you have not been able to defend. Stick to the issues, your personal life don't mean anything to me.

@FACE,

Thanks for your post.

To be honest I am always tempted to ignore some of the accusations of Negro_Ntns and his co-travelers especially when he is always unable to admit his mistakes or defend his statements but the danger in doing that is that people will end up believing a story no matter how wrong if they keep hearing it all the time without any contrary opinion whatsoever.

With all due respect to his likes, he is incapable of any intellectual discussion. No self respecting man or woman would make accusations and when challenged with facts and logic cannot defend his/her positions.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by NegroNtns(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2009
With all due respect to his likes, he is incapable of any intellectual discussion. No self respecting man or woman would make accusations and when challenged with facts and logic cannot defend his/her positions.

Intellectuals do not open their questions and challenges with vulgarity on the opponent. I don't know about where you come from. . .but Yoruba culture teaches me to seek understanding through clarity, not confrontation. There is a time and place for understanding and there is a separate time and place for aggression. . .intellectual discussion is not for aggression. Approach intellectually and you will get an intellctual response. . .otherwise I push my ignore button on you.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2009
now u can quote me anytime as u like

i will say it and again and again

oduduwa trait is real lipsrsealed

afam take not

u can always view their reaction in response to issues

eg oduduwa will remind u that the igbos should  be grateful to yorubas in lagos, as if lagos na them get am, i guess the indains,lebanese etc will also be grateful to yorubas in the same lagos abi

they just cant debate an issue without tradin through tribal lines

i can go on and on

me tire
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2009
hmmm

watchin now in the sideline

[size=25pt]tactical[/size] things are gettin

haaaa
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Tsiya(m): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Intellectuals do not open their questions and challenges with vulgarity on the opponent. I don't know about where you come from. . .but Yoruba culture teaches me to seek understanding through clarity, not confrontation. There is a time and place for understanding and there is a separate time and place for aggression. . .intellectual discussion is not for aggression. Approach intellectually and you will get an intellctual response. . .otherwise I push my ignore button on you.

Why u dey form now. U learn this from Oyinbo people. Yoruba culture teaches to believe without clarity. U are not to question the elders. Total submission. There is nothing like understanding in the Yoruba dictionary
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by ikeyman00(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2009
haaaa
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Afam(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Intellectuals do not open their questions and challenges with vulgarity on the opponent.  I don't know about where you come from. . .but Yoruba culture teaches me to seek understanding through clarity, not confrontation.  There is a time and place for understanding and there is a separate time and place for aggression. . .intellectual discussion is not for aggression.  Approach intellectually and you will get an intellctual response. . .otherwise I push my ignore button on you.

@Negro_Ntns,

I am afraid you are lying on this and you know it. You rain abuses on the Igbos and turn around to talk about vulgarity? For the records I have not used any vulgar words towards you but do you honestly think you have a right to complain if I used them considering what you have put down here on this thread?

It is not for you to define what confrontation is when asked to defend a position or respond to counter arguments. In spite of your hate filled posts and very bad remarks on a people (Igbos) based on the actions of a few military men I have chosen to ask you to clarify issues that you have dodged.

However, if you want me to praise you or kneel down before you see my posts as requests to defend your position I will never do that. As a matter of fact I am being extremely nice to address you the way I do because based on the hate filled comments towards my people you don't deserve any respect and no apologies for that. I have only refrained from introducing harsh words so that you will not use that as excuses to avoid compelling counter arguments that have trashed some of your statements.

So, feel free to push the ignore button on me. As they say - If you want to shoot, shoot don't talk.

Just respond to the issues raised and stop playing to the gallery here.

I will not defend any bad action of any Igbo man but will always defend the Igbos as a tribe and ethnic group when people like you attempt to sow and spread hate based on half truths, lies and misinformation especially when a people is being insulted based on the actions of a few. Only intellectually challenged people would effortlessly condemn a people based on actions of some.

I cannot hate a tribe because of what some people from that tribe do otherwise I would not be any better than a pig that does not know the difference between individual and collective punishment. This is the crux of the matter as far as I am concerned.

So, Negro_Ntns if you want people to address you the way you deem fit then common sense is enough to make it clear to you that insulting a tribe is 100% wrong because not every member of that tribe is guilty of whatever you have against the tribe.

In my life, I don't believe in sentiments let alone ethnic, tribal or religious ones.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by FACE(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ Larez,

I bet you feel that you can demand for sources from others but not required to provide your own sources.

Make up your mind whether oyibo assessments are to be taken as flawless or not. Being a hypocrite may be forgiven at times but dumb hypocrisy is plain stupid.

In your mind the British are still trying to unravel the sophistication of the Yoruba language and even consider it to be the most developed in Africa with "idioms" and all the rubbish you claimed. I bet the Egyptians and Ethiopians are not Africans in your warped view.

Let me burst your bubble mate, the Hausa/Fulani (Kano to be precise) have written-documentation of their history dating back to The 10th century and they also had scholars and poets including Usman Dan Fodio. That is the only culture in Nigeria with preserved written account of their history before the arrival of the Europeans. Other ethnic groups may have written stuff as well if we are to go by their art works , but they were not preserved. So stop making silly claims that you cannot substantiate.

Another silly claim of yours was that the Yorubas were considered a threat to the western world due to their advanced thinking and strategies. Dude how delusional can you be ? OK lets agree for one moment that you truly believe that rubbish, tell me what the Yorubas did to become a threat to their world and how they were stopped.

Dude, you are the one truly suffering from "my own better pass your own syndrome", but hey its your world view and your prerogative.

larez:

Sources please, quote your sources. The British recently unsealed a whole lot of documents regarding their involvement in colonial Nigeria. There are new facts coming out that there was in-fact a conspiracy to shut down Awolowo by the British, and Yorubas generally because they  were regarded as a threat even to the British Kingdom. Yorubas were considered very advanced in their thinking and strategies and if allowed to develop unchecked would become a threat to the dominance of the Western world.

It is unfortunate that even today, certain Nigerians feel like whatever Oyinbo said back then was flawless. They fail to think of who's interest Oyinbo was working for. It is clear that the British decided to sabotage Nigeria which they have successfully done, and we can clearly now see the weapons that they used. Propaganda is a major tool of warfare, and why will Nigerians let the British to continue judging who was in-fact qualified for professorship at a time that they were carefully orchestrating a ploy to sabotage Nigeria.

Language has been linked directly to sophistication in logical clarity. Oyinbos have recently confessed that the Yoruba language is the most advanced that they encountered in sub-saharan Africa and Africa as a whole. The extensive sophistication in both vocabulary and idioms shocked Oyimbo, and is still a subject of ongoing research in different parts of the world. This is the closest Oyinbo will ever get to admitting that an African language is more sophisticated than English. You guys need to stop being pawns and start finding joy in sharing the hidden wealth of africa. It is not everything that you try use your aggressive competitive energies to kill.

In the United States, a world of cultures are celebrated in different parts. My own better pass your own, na him dey kill Africa and na de reason wey we no grow be that. Yoruba towns continue to exist in many parts of the world. This is clearly because of the fact that it is a very strong culture that mere slavery could not stifle. Nobody had to travel to these countries to start trying to force them to accept new facts and doctrines to propagate this culture. It still lacks any central body that holds it together, and yet it survives. Just accept these facts and let's move on. We will have to create a Mecca of sorts in Ile Ife to accommodate this unquenchable culture that just won't die. I don't blame Biafrans for trying to go out and steal parts of it to boost their image.
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Dede1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2009
larez:

Sources please, quote your sources. The British recently unsealed a whole lot of documents regarding their involvement in colonial Nigeria. There are new facts coming out that there was in-fact a conspiracy to shut down Awolowo by the British, and Yorubas generally because they were regarded as a threat even to the British Kingdom. Yorubas were considered very advanced in their thinking and strategies and if allowed to develop unchecked would become a threat to the dominance of the Western world.

I shout shame onto you for requesting the source of the information that I have decided to share with forum public. If you are not a lazy jackass scholar, the information I put down should not have rubbed off you as a surprise or even as unknown recorded event.

I recalled that when you applauded the conjectural crap posted by one Negro_nuts, it completely ellipse your dilapidated stack of memories to request for sources. Believe me you have a colorful mind of ethnic irredentist.

I did not venture onto this forum in order to peddle a tribal products but just to uphold recorded events that took place in the jungle called Nigeria to the best of my knowledge.

I can say unequivocally that Chief Obafemi Awolowo was an average politician but great. The seemingly “greatness” attached to Awolowo’s political career was a carriage of western region Nigerian media propaganda and erroneous placement of political judgment by the British.

During the two regional elections in the western region of Nigeria, the party or parties in alliance and led by Awolowo were trounced in the polls. Baring the carpet-crossing saga, Awolowo would not have become the premier of western region of Nigeria.

Of course, the British targeted many politicians from Southern Protectorate for blackmail including yours Awolowo. Unfortunately, Awolowo was not political savvy enough to see the handwritings on the wall and lacked the political apparatus to detect unseen traps.

I would not join you in a debate over what the treacherous British thought about Yoruba language. Such nonsensical craps do not make my academic plate. If what the British thought about your low-life language is swelling your head, I had say that you can shove it.

I recalled that Europeans in general and British in particular had applauded the village Kings and Empires erected all over Africa. The morons even further insinuated that Ndigbo had not developed a structural system. The reason that informed this thought was the fact that Ndigbo ran a complex system called democracy while the European ran a monarchical system. Any system that did not have semblance to the system obtained in their domain, the European termed it undeveloped.

Today, it is funny that the same Europeans have abandoned their monarchical system of government and embraced the complex democratic system Ndigbo adopted 1000 years before the coming of Europeans to coast of Africa. Go figure!!!!
Re: Yorubas Strategically Keep Distance From North/East Issue Because Of This. . . by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2009
Dede1:

I recalled that Europeans in general and British in particular had applauded the village Kings and Empires erected all over Africa. The morons even further insinuated that Ndigbo had not developed a structural system. The reason that informed this thought was the fact that Ndigbo ran a complex system called democracy while the European ran a monarchical system. Any system that did not have semblance to the system obtained in their domain, the European termed it undeveloped.

Today, it is funny that the same Europeans have abandoned their monarchical system of government and embraced the complex democratic system Ndigbo adopted 1000 years before the coming of Europeans to coast of Africa. Go figure!!!!

Whoever thought that democracy could thrive in the jungle?

The problem we have in Naija is the propagation of the Fulani power structure onto the whole of Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO / Rivers Govt Will Stop Funding Police / Ogun Inaugurates Arepo Journalists Estate Road Reconstruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.