Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit (82540 Views)

Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Pain(m): 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Does this woman know what she is getting herself into? Sad..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by rexbuton: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
That's very correct sir. Apologies
bokohalal:

No, sir. Ikpen iweva vbe igbe remains twenty-five naira.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by banmee(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
mile12crises:
Just #25

What a cheap commodity cheesy

Anyway she is no longer a virgin shaaa

She is not property. This is why you guys don't value your women. You pay so much as bride price that you think you own them. I paid 1000 naira for mine. Back in the day this was a lot of money. After our marriage ceremony, her dad promptly gave me back the dowry.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by willibounce1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
phineas:
@seun this culture of naming and shaming even of royalty on this forum is wrong.

You are starting and promoting a culture where authority is demeaned even royalty and this is the legacy you are building consciously or otherwise.

For all those speaking I'll of this woman on this day,I suggest you examine your intentions.if you speak for justice from a heart that seeks good then may the Lord and your conscience be the judge,

but for those who speak in malice,envy and the pull him down syndrome to the very ears of this woman without validating these claims, remember as you throw stones at another on the day of her joy, that on the day and the place of your promotion, may your secret sins not be remembered, may they not be displayed to the whole world and may you definitely not be called to account for your every indiscretion because that is the seed you sow here, and the stones you have thrown at this woman.

@seun I ask you to examine again, is this the legacy you want to leave behind?

Man stop being petty and local. Go on any forum on the internet and see how people are free to air their views. It is insult because it is the Ooni abi? When Jonathan was getting bashed here where u dey? Buhari is being bashed left, right and centre, even Obama is being bashed on a daily basis and nobody is restricting anyone.

Nothing concern Seun. He already put the disclaimer. How many ppl will he ban or how many threads will he close? Park well and tell the Ooni to change that his funny decision.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by banmee(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Epathra:
Same price you will get a second/third hand blouse @ Oba market. Our dear ojaja2 paid accordingly.

This is why Nigerian men treat your species as slaves. They pay a high price to "OWN" you.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by banmee(m): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
phineas:
@seun this culture of naming and shaming even of royalty on this forum is wrong.

You are starting and promoting a culture where authority is demeaned even royalty and this is the legacy you are building consciously or otherwise.

For all those speaking I'll of this woman on this day,I suggest you examine your intentions.if you speak for justice from a heart that seeks good then may the Lord and your conscience be the judge,

but for those who speak in malice,envy and the pull him down syndrome to the very ears of this woman without validating these claims, remember as you throw stones at another on the day of her joy, that on the day and the place of your promotion, may your secret sins not be remembered, may they not be displayed to the whole world and may you definitely not be called to account for your every indiscretion because that is the seed you sow here, and the stones you have thrown at this woman.

@seun I ask you to examine again, is this the legacy you want to leave behind?

What is this one talking about? Did you just join nairaland or is this your first time using the Internet.?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ooni try now.
I can't even pay #1 on badly over-used, second-hand, recycled woman.
Her ex-yam eaters would just be smiling each time they see her with Ooni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by willibounce1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
alablec:

I hope you people will stop this; in those days Oba could take over beautiful wives of others or even married transformed women like Oya, etc. This lady may never settled with any man except Ooni. Believe me, spiritual consultation were made before Ooni decision. Judging them will only put you in trouble, we're not the same in the spiritual realm...

Well except they made spiritual consultations. If not then it's a wrong step. If the wife were his inheritance , it would be understood. Talking about consultation, I thought they always consult Ifa before choosing a king or the Ooni, in this case, I don't think anything like a consultation was done. I think it was voting from elders. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Henovy: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
CoCoLav:
Ooni is absent
Wife is unhappy
I smell drama!
Before nko? Did you not read about the unsavoury tales about her? Even as at November last year, she was Mrs. Somebody somewhere in Lebanon. Anoda mans wifey I suspect.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by SycophanticGoat: 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
daretodiffer:

There is nothing in my post to suggest whether I have lost mine or not smiley

You're right, nothing in your post suggests such but that eye for your dp, I no truss that eye... cheesy cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by franzis(m): 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
maybe that girl don pregnant for am already and he no get choice than to marry her
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by femmysin(m): 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Is the N25 for pure water.?

Na d bride price be dat na. U think say na south east abi south south?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Rejoice5000(f): 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
SUPERPACK:
DOWRY BIKO
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Rejoice5000(f): 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
SUPERPACK:
NO FOR DOWRY:ARE U SURPRISED??
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Kennydoc(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
alizma:

IPOD sighted, I know if it were to be in your land, meat don land be that.

There is a difference between bride price and cost of traditional wedding ceremony. A particular custom may require a bride price of 50 naira, but by the time you've finished making expenses, you've spent over 500k.

Again, many of these ridiculously low bride price amounts were fixed several years ago when naira still had value. You will agree with me that 25 naira was worth more 20 years ago than it's worth now. What's wrong reviewing some of those prices?

I believe that for a woman well raised by her family to be an asset to a man, there is no amount fixed for her bride price that is too much, as long as the groom's family can pay it. However, I don't believe bride price should be an avenue to exploit one's in-laws neither should it be a means to recoup investments made in a lady by her family.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by prophetfire: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
alizma:

IPOD sighted, I know if it were to be in your land, meat don land be that.
nope we only charge high for virgins.not second hand over tested olosho with scattered kity'kat. We collect as u give us reach for this type. Ooni paid according to value.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by datigbogirl: 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
mrsmith11:
I thought Highness are suppose to go for virgins but Oni na second hand with experience him dey gbadu...

When it comes to akpaiko...experience na d best.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by sweetcocoa(f): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Onegai:

Yoruba kings don't beg, it's taboo. From experience, they don't even come out until everyone else has begged and dobaled at the engagement.

Bini bride price is N24. Bini brides are not supposed to be showing their teeth at their wedding. A proper Bini bride would cover her mouth with a handkerchief.
No be small thing o.grin

Culture can be ridiculous sha.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by donodion(m): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
rexbuton:

bride price in benin is N23.. If u are really bini u should know that
Its actually N24..thanks for the correction.i replied him in a haste.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by alfredb(f): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
May God bless d union with beautiful and handsome children.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by CoCoLav(f): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
daretodiffer:

No sad

You? How are you coping with this Forex wahala?

No I'm not.
It's not yet time so I'm not bothered. When it's time to pay fees, Buhari will change his policy, I can't shout.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by princezzlolly(f): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rotfl.
Chanchit:
Why the wife come dey look like abiku.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
mrsmith11:
I thought Highness are suppose to go for virgins but Oni na second hand with experience him dey gbadu...
Nigerians love tokunbo. how many new vehicles have you seen on street.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by tammie24: 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
mrsmith11:
third hand sef

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
You mean your daughters sell themselves....
With the stories flying round about this lady,I must give the Ooni kudos for still sticking to her...A woman who is still legally married to a Lebanese ...now,her third marriage....smh

bokohalal:
We do not SELL our daughters in Edo State.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by dadebayo1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
willibounce1:
If the Ooni is truly going to marry this lady, then something must be wrong with him and people around him. I can't just understand why it must be a lady who has been married to other men. A lot of single and responsible ladies out there. Na this kain woman him wonna see agidi marry. We are waiting and watching. I hate make person no dey hear warning.

Bros why you dey use panadol ontop another man headache?

Are you related to the Ooni?
The kings family members are not complaining so why is everyone speaking on behalf of the king? I beg he has made his choice and he his ready to face the consequences... So grab a glass and toast to the new Olori....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by bokohalal(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
peppyluv02:
You mean your daughters sell themselves....
With the stories flying round about this lady,I must give the Ooni kudos for still sticking to her...A woman who is still legally married to a Lebanese ...now,her third marriage....smh

All that you wrote did not dispute the fact that we we DO NOT sell our daughters.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by mamawin(f): 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
mrsmith11:
this one na 4th hand!! too bad

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by anthonyirekpita(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Y is She nt putting dat smile in her face like someone who is doin her happy day "wedding!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by Andrewmark(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Johnheir2:
Sorry for the late info. Oni came to visit us in orita merin in India state

shocked

Hahahahaha
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by TijaniAbu: 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
Seems this new Ooni is hell-bent on his self-destructive journey to tarnish the stool of Oduduwa. First he bestowed the ancient Moremi title reserved for princesses of royal lineage on the female political wastrel Sally Mbanefo, now he weds an allegedly still married woman who has contracted several marriages. He is embracing abominations. Uneasy lies the head bearing a stolen crown? One chance end times #chains.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit by omozu1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
talk4free:
Na wah o. Once upon a time, people who know nothing about the subject matter keep quiet. Now its the most ignorant that are the first to speak. Are we cursed, or is it as a result of our dysfunctional educational system?

The Ooni paid N25 probably because that's what they girls family tradition allows. If it sounds abnormal to you why not ask why? Instead of all the insults and jokes.

And for those calling her names, I'm sure you all have never met her. You only judge her from whatever rumour you read or heard somewhere. You all only heard one side of the stories. If you feel she's not good enough for the guy, go jump in front of Jonathan's trains. The guy likes her and married her, same way someone will like and marry your sisters, who also have stories around them too.
thank you. I beg help me tell them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / 131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.