Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples (589 Views)

"My Future Husband" - UNIZIK Student Issues Stiff-Neck Rules / There Are No Cute Guys On Nairaland. (examples) / Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples by oluwabishop: 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
By Bismark Ekenedilichukwu Benson

All of you who use Ruth and Esther as examples on how women should conduct themselves, remember these ladies broke every single dating rules. They were 'bad girls' but God overlooked certain things.
Let's examine their lives and some of their actions.
*Ruth didn't wait for Boaz to make the first move. At a point she said "why have I not found favour in your eyes, that you should not take notice of me".
Ruth boldly asked Boaz to marry her!
She proceeded to stay with a man whom she was not married to. At least she showed her willingness to have sex with him by laying at his feet. If that's not DESPERATION, I don't know what it is.
*Naomi and Ruth schemed to get Boaz!
Remember when Ruth said,
"Let me go to the field, that I may find favour in his sight". Naomi the 'baddest' woman that ever liveth gave her some useful tips.
Naomi was like, Ruth wear something nice, be attractive okay...so that Boaz (the rich man) will notice you. But most Christians today will call it finding 'favour'...
lol Una no go talk true for once. Ruth did all she was told and it worked like magic.
Read that part again and don't try to twist it to suit yourself. In case it hasn't hit you yet, Ruth SEDUCED Boaz!
Ruth didn't sit and wait for God to send the right man. She was an opportunist! When she saw Boaz, she didn't waste time in letting him know that she was available. Even if it means being a concubine.
*Ruth did EYE SERVICE.
Every work she did on the field was partly for survival, but mainly because she wanted to be noticed by the rich man (Boaz). She worked hard on his field just to draw Boaz's attention to herself.
Naomi controlled her decisions. Naomi clearly told her;
"Let your eyes be on the field where they glean". If Naomi was today's woman, most of us will call her a 'love-vendor'.

*Esther married a pagan King. But today's christians frown at unbelievers marrying christians. Some churches wouldn't wed such couples.
*Esther used her beauty and sexuality to her own advantage. Typical example of using your endowments and every other thing you have to get what you want.
I hope you all get the picture now? I won't judge these two great women because I know what it means to make difficult decisions during difficult times. Their decisions were based on circumstance not by CHOICE. God still approves of them.
Happy weekend!
Re: Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples by amtaken(f): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
Are you a born again Christian?
Re: Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples by Nature8(m): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Where exactly is it in the Bible? Or I don't believe it..
Re: Some Dating Rules From Biblical Examples by firstking01(m): 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
A typical nigerian girl rather hug a transformer under a thunderous rainy weather than do all these opundecided

(1) (Reply)

Female Nairalander Wishes You Happy Easter - Blackberrybabes ( Watch Video) / Today's April Fool, Let's Share Some Weird Experiences.... / Magnetic Attraction Secrets Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.