Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase (20777 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Police IG, Arase, Moves To Remove Lamorde As EFCC Chairman - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by eagleeye2: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
adding that the Police would next week start what he called
‘Metro patrol’ designed to arrest cattle rustlers.
Benue People Good Morning Ohh. My brother on NL, Omenka how life now.... Shey make I dey shout Sai Change!!!
After all these, the Army and the Police are after Cattle Rustlers.

ONE Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Eke40seven(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2016
Vado:
Wait a minute. They are planning to check cattle rusting but not the murderous herders? This people are jokers. What a foolish statement from an IG.
My thoughts exactly, He is more interested in the loss of cattles than humans. Well, he would term the mission, "cows' life matter more.."
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by bikefab(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
Some public office holders are just shameless...
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by fortune1968: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Bekwarra:
Total rubbish. This IGP is a foolish man. No wonder he was waiting for orders from Sanusi before he could rescue Ese Oruru.

Meanwhile.....

I don't know why wailers are wailing but Wailers must wail sha. No matter how much you
wail, Buhari is our god, he's above mistake, he's the
best thing after jollof rice and the best president the
world has ever seen. You people have become so
blind to the new wave of progress and development
in the country. Since Buhari came into power, we
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
goods have crashed by 50%, Boko Haram have been
technically defeated, the Chibok girls have been
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what else do you people want?
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by fortune1968: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
Bekwarra:
Total rubbish. This IGP is a foolish man. No wonder he was waiting for orders from Sanusi before he could rescue Ese Oruru.

Meanwhile.....

I don't know why wailers are wailing but Wailers must wail sha. No matter how much you
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what else do you people want?
where is jona 7 point agenda ?He spent 6years ,did he give you electricity ?

1 Like

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Gaskia: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
The military went to Sambisa, they did not see the Chibok girls, yet IG has not doubted Oby Ezekweseli.

1 Like

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2016
ckmayoca:
Can't wait to see the end of this guy forming eye service.
You will eventually be dropped.
All corpses littering the bushes will be taken to police station.
Even if they r 3 deadbody, they r nigerians.
o boy na 10000 ppl die o! If u see dead body evrywhere enh fear go catch u! Shey be u re ok nw? Ssince u ve been told what u want to hear!
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Oche211(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2016
See stupid talk. Is makurdi in agatu? FG always playing down figures.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by popcykaylah(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2016
Thank God say na delta man...ipob youth for don say e dey tribalistic if he's from the north or a Yoruba..
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2016
BaddieKay:
Lols,so 300 grave must appear b4 something is done about the herdsmen?I think you my friend,the police and FG are the enemies of ur Nigeria.Have a lovely Sunday
He said d figure was grossly exaggerated! Never said nothing wud be done! Infact he even stated what wud be done!
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2016
BaddieKay:
maybe they over exaggerated,but that doesn't mean nothing should be done about it
Did d IGP say nothing wud be done?
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Oche211(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2016
Phame:
#ShowUsTheGrave
**** If shown the grave, will u go nd exhume d corpse?
U need Help ASAP
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by ADAMUSALEH(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2016
dahaz:
The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has said that the number of people said to have been killed during the recent clash between the Agatu people of Benue State and their Fulani counterparts was over exaggerated.
It was reported recently that over 300 people, including children and pregnant women were killed by the Fulani herdsmen and 7,000 others were said to have been displaced.
The Fulani herdsmen claimed the battle was said to have started after 10,000 heads of cattle belonging to the Fulanis were reportedly killed.
Addressing Stakeholders during a visit to Minna, the Niger state capital, the Mr. Arase said “I was around, I travelled to Makurdi, I did not see where 300 people were buried.”
“If you kill, you don’t just bury; you must take the corpse to the Police station before you bury, we don’t have that number of people”. He however did not give the official casualty figure.
Arase said the Police High command had completed arrangements to check the incidence of cattle rustling around the country, adding that the Police would next week start what he called

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/12/i-was-in-agatu-but-did-not-see-where-300-people-were-buried-ig-arase-faults-casualty-figure/

Oga IGP listen to yourself “I was around, I travelled to Makurdi, I did not see where 300 people were buried.” and did you see the carcass of the 10,000 cattle? or have the people of Agatu killed and ate 10,000 cattle within 2 weeks? is Markudi the scene of crime or Agatu? How about the copses all over d places? we ar talking of people running for their ĺives u ar talking of graves ... I pity you, eye service will not save u when the time comes.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2016
Misterdhee1:
Imagine? Is there exaggeration in death? 10 Or 300 - No be human lives lost?
yes there is exaggeration! The exaggeration is d simple diff betweent 10 and 300 which is 290! 290 is a masive figure!
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by David4best(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Political & civil service offices in Nigeria are occuppied by evil, greedy and trabalistic/sentimental men. They don't fear God. They oppress the poor. The beneficiaries clap their hands to praise them for their injustice. Everybody wants to please wicked bosses so as to keep their offices and benefits. But churches and mosque always get filled up. This country cannot grow with all these. I always pray for Biafran to succeed. Where is the wrath and anger of God that against wicked kings/leaders in the Bible? Look at statement from the IGP after him and the president have kept mute for so long.

1 Like

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by mightyhaze: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2016
popcykaylah:
Thank God say na delta man....
hez an edo man! Tho I don't see y ur thanking God for his ethnicity

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by popcykaylah(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2016
mightyhaze:
hez an edo man! Tho I don't see y ur thanking God for his ethnicity
ipob youth undertands. .
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by juman(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2016
This is another clueless insane government.

APC was overrated.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by mightyhaze: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2016
popcykaylah:

ipob youth undertands. .
'undertands' wot exactly? Ur implying dat any reasonable person that criticizes dis malady of a government must be an ipob youth?

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by jsb(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
But did they show him the 10,000 cows the murderers claimed were killed that made them kill humans..even if it's one grave that he saw is that not enough to make some arrests..So the law now gives some groups the right to kill..GOD WILL HELP US AND NOT YOU AND YOUR POLICE FORCE OGA IG..
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by alaskido(m): 11:59am On Mar 13, 2016
This IG is talking rubbish. Even the Police in Agatu fled for their lives. How can Fulani's come into another mans community to destroy his farmland he worked so hard to cultivate.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by amali52(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
this man is perplexed
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
What do u expect from a country wia d president is a herdsman too? This fulani have done much harm and most of them are not nigerians.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Btruth: 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Even if it is only one dead. It shouldn't be encouraged by IGP. You can imagine the utterances of our so called leaders sometimes.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Flamezreal(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
giving priority to cattle rustling over massacre embarassedgiving priority to cattle rustling over massacre ...that's serious
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
From what he said, his priority is even cattle rustlers, the fulanis can continue keeping their ak-47 riffles for future genocides.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by ogbaj: 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Foolish talk. An incident occurred in Agatu and you went to Makurdi to see corpses.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by fm7070: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
this is a statement from an irresponsible and insensitive IG
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by since1914(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

By the way, was it in Makurdi it happened or in Agatu because the senseless Harassè said he went to Makurdi.

The charlatan did not even go anywhere near Agatu the scene of the carnage; he simply went to Makurdi and held a kangaroo townhall meeting and later returned home, to issue this careless statement of his.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by chubbyswit(m): 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bekwarra:

Meanwhile.....

ironical mompara
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by billyG(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
dahaz:
The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has said that the number of people said to have been killed during the recent clash between the Agatu people of Benue State and their Fulani counterparts was over exaggerated.
It was reported recently that over 300 people, including children and pregnant women were killed by the Fulani herdsmen and 7,000 others were said to have been displaced.
The Fulani herdsmen claimed the battle was said to have started after 10,000 heads of cattle belonging to the Fulanis were reportedly killed.
Addressing Stakeholders during a visit to Minna, the Niger state capital, the Mr. Arase said “I was around, I travelled to Makurdi, I did not see where 300 people were buried.”
“If you kill, you don’t just bury; you must take the corpse to the Police station before you bury, we don’t have that number of people”. He however did not give the official casualty figure.
Arase said the Police High command had completed arrangements to check the incidence of cattle rustling around the country, adding that the Police would next week start what he called

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/12/i-was-in-agatu-but-did-not-see-where-300-people-were-buried-ig-arase-faults-casualty-figure/

God puniish u Arase!u believe 10000cattle were killed?how can some1 kill 10000cattle u shld hav said i did see d bones of d cattle,if such number of cattle were killed are u saying d fulanis brought 100,000 cattle 2 Agatu farms & land?what is d fate of there crops.is it about cattle rustler or cattleherdman murderers.
Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by billyG(m): 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bekwarra:

Meanwhile.....

u think su buhari na magician with a magic Broom 2 wave aaway 16yrs of mismanagement & looting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Spill As Militants Attack Forcados Export Line Again. / Mohammad Bawa Dies At 60 / Femi Odubiyi, INEC ICT Director With Ties To APC Should Be Sacked – George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.