Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) (5937 Views)

LOCAL DOG - EKUKE (pup) Needed Urgently For My New House - ABUJA / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by marshborn(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2016
grin i love you so much

9 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by rhozaay(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
happy birthday ekuke...army will soon rescue you...u are really suffering

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Happy Earthstrong Mr Ekuke, Wshing you long life and Prosperity.
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by gentlesinna(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dis is bingo nd not a dog tongue
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by frinx: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
That face grin

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by mankan2k7(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Can't this dog just run away? this suffering is too much

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Stancrus(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lols happy birthday to ur lovely ekuke 2days it's birthday why the sad looks on the face?

well never mind this what I call a real dog lover ur dog most not be a foriegn dog or an import for you to show them love whether local Mongrel or pure breed a dog is stll a dog and deserves attention and care from its owner keep it up man I see ur love for this local dog is a genuine one

4 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by olisafincy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nigeria ekuke, the only breed that can stay all their life without vaccination and still stands fit. #HappyBirthday

16 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by mitchyy(f): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
I love your boldness in appreciating your pet irrespective of the breed. But its pics like this, that makes people lose respect and love for our Nigerian breed. The fact that your dog is a Mongrel doesn't mean he/she shouldn't look good and clean or stay in a good environment. This dog obviously needs a bath. Ordinary dog collar sef will transform the look of your dog and make him/her look fantastic.
I've seen this breed before at a vet shop and i couldn't believe how pretty it looked because of how the owner pampers and cares for it.
Well done anyways smiley

10 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by ataspray(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
happy bday ekuke
i love this thread lol
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by UIA04(f): 1:16am On Mar 14, 2016
So with this your fine face and baff up you can't take care of your dog. Sure you are giving it eba and okro
Happy birthday ekuke.
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2016
This is a local Nigerian dog, and not a mongrel. (stancrus pls note).

A mongrel or mutt is a dog of different/unknown parents.

@op, your dog could use a bath like right now. grin grin grin

Here's Brownie, my Dog. She understands her basic commands (sit, come, inside, up). Naija breeds can be fiercely loyal, but like everything made in Nigeria, 'we' feel they are inferior.

9 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Stancrus(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
This is a local Nigerian dog, and not a mongrel. (stancrus pls note).

A mongrel or mutt is a dog of different/unknown parents.

@op, your dog could use a bath like right now. grin grin grin

Here's Brownie, my Dog. She understands her basic commands (sit, come, inside, up). Naija breeds can be fiercely loyal, but like everything made in Nigeria, 'we' feel they are inferior.
I know the difference it was a typographical error thanks for the corrections anyway
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Eveezy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stancrus:
I know the difference it was a typographical error thanks for the corrections anyway
Bro there is no need for a typographical error cos u re right, from d definition he himself gave, a mutt or mongrel is a dog wit an unknown origin. do our local dogs av a known origin? can u trace their breed back to a known breed? so our local dogs are still mongrels nd mutts, they are only d mutts that are locale to us

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Eveezy:

Bro there is no need for a typographical error cos u re right, from d definition he himself gave, a mutt or mongrel is a dog wit an unknown origin. do our local dogs av a known origin? can u trace their breed back to a known breed? so our local dogs are still mongrels nd mutts, they are only d mutts that are locale to us

the quit disagree. our nigerian breeds are either 100% basenji or hybrids of baseji. Atleast we know their origin is from Basenji *winks*
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
Eveezy:

I quite disagree. our nigerian breeds are either 100% basenji or hybrids of baseji. Atleast we know their origin is from Basenji *winks*

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by TheArcher(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
okikiosibodu:

I quite disagree. our nigerian breeds are either 100% basenji or hybrids of baseji. Atleast we know their origin is from Basenji *winks*
the nigerian local dogs are not basenji cuz i know basenjis are the only dogs that doesnt bark
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Stancrus(m): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
TheArcher:
the nigerian local dogs are not basenji cuz i know basenjis are the only dogs that doesnt bark
I beg to disagree with that statement research shows that basenji are one of the noisest/untrainable dog breeds the world has ever known.

I see no reason why u think basenji don't bark they are extremely noisy breeds and barks almost all the time

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by TheArcher(m): 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
Stancrus:
I beg to disagree with that statement research shows that basenji are one of the noisest/untrainable dog breeds the world has ever known.

I see no reason why u think basenji don't bark they are extremely noisy breeds and barks almost all the time
the internet is your friend check out basenjis,it looks like our local dogs although it is taller than it and has a tail that kind of folds

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
TheArcher:

I have knwn google to be calling Basenji "Africa's barless dog", but yet, I don't concur totally, cos the breed popular refered to as "local breed" by novice,is Basenji. it might not have an hairy sickle-shaped tail point upwards like the ones we see on Google, but atleast all other descriptions match. Also google rank Basenji answer the 3 least trainable dog. Send me a video of a Basenji dog you successfully trained, and I will commend u

on a lighter note, I was very curious when I was much younger , to know the name of breed we mistake as "local breed", since I was correct that a local breed doesn't connote inferiority, bt is stating a dog was bred within the shores of of country my mindset b4 the correction made me argue blindly with an adult when when sd a German Shepherd can be referred to as as local dog, dog, long long they are offsprings of a dog raised ing Nigeria. once again, Local dog does not connote inferiority, it only depicts location (like citizenship or nationality *winks*)
Pardon typoerror, my fone's autocorrect dey craze well well

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
TheArcher:

I have knwn google to be calling Basenji "Africa's barkless dog", but yet, I don't concur totally, cos the breed popular refered to as "local breed" by novice,is Basenji. it might not have an hairy sickle-shaped tail point upwards like the ones we see on Google, but atleast all other descriptions match. Also google rank Basenji answer the 3 least trainable dog. Send me a video of a Basenji dog you successfully trained, and I will commend u

on a lighter note, I was very curious when I was much younger , to know the name of breed we mistake as "local breed", since I was correct that a local breed doesn't connote inferiority, bt is stating a dog was bred within the shores of of country my mindset b4 the correction made me argue blindly with an adult when when sd a German Shepherd can be referred to as as local dog, dog, long long they are offsprings of a dog raised ing Nigeria. once again, Local dog does not connote inferiority, it only depicts location (like citizenship or nationality *winks*)
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Eveezy(m): 3:49am On Apr 20, 2016
okikiosibodu:

I have knwn google to be calling Basenji "Africa's barless dog", but yet, I don't concur totally, cos the breed popular refered to as "local breed" by novice,is Basenji. it might not have an hairy sickle-shaped tail point upwards like the ones we see on Google, but atleast all other descriptions match. Also google rank Basenji answer the 3 least trainable dog. Send me a video of a Basenji dog you successfully trained, and I will commend u

well, since u believe a local dog is a basenji, DTS ur opinion, BT personally, DT is very very wrong, but its all good sha. A mutt is a breed of dog wit an unknown origin, as I ve said b4, our local dog looks similar, BT dey are nt actually basenji cos dere are lots of difference, anyways even if am to assume a basenji is in its mix since it has some similar features BT nt entirely like basenji, den its still a mutt cos it has more Dan one or two mixes in its gene.

And to correct one of ur idea, a mixed breed dog isn't inferior, it is only not just a pure breed.
lastly, u asked if anyone here has ever successfully trained their basenji, I guess u mean " has anyone Eva successfully trained dier local dog? since u say local dogs are basenji" .
The Nigerian local dogs are one of d easiest dog to train Eva, they are very very smart even more Dan d foreign ones, BT because people ve tagged dem inferior dey are hardly well trained.
Do u know how hard it is for people to train dier foreign breed off leash? like for d dogs to follow while walking? A typical Nigerian will have a local dog, d dog will on its own train itself to walk off leash BT d moment d Nigerian gets a foreign dog, he starts asking questions, reading book, watching videos on how to train a dog off leash why do u think dis is so? local dogs are so smart mhen DT dey understand humans beta nd wanna please more derefore train demselves.
Also, there are also several training DT local dogs easily get compared to foreign ones, why do u think DAT in most of d dog shows, walks held of recent in 9ja, why were our local dogs usually d best trained? forget all dose commands like "attack" "fetch" "sit" "stay" all dese are commands, we dnt command our local dogs, we talk to dem, we tell dem stuffs like "go nd sit dere, go away, oya sidwn, oya go bk to ur house, greet daddy, greet mommy, oya lie down for ground, wait for me"
Am saying dis out of experience cos it was easier for me training my local dog Dan any of my oda foreign dog.
so if d basenji's are hard to train, den our local dogs are definitely nt basenji's

6 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by TheArcher(m): 6:21am On Apr 20, 2016
Thumbs up
okikiosibodu:

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2016
ℓoℓz.. i enjoyd reading your write up but let let say again, tagging tagging dog "Local Dog" doesn't connote inferiority, it's only location (country) of where it was nutured (more like citizenship). nw comin to "walking dogs without a leash", foreign dogs were raised withing a confined space, and so their territorial instinct has bening greatly aroused...plus they don't come in contact with many people in most cases, they are limited to the number of pple that enter their "space". Also many of their owners, don't socialize them. Now our beloved ekuke, over-socialization deyworry am. Many of their owners don't have a fenced compound, so so dog dey practice "free-range waka-waka" *smiles* . So their territorial instinct is still very dormant, , yes, they see a lot of people, so they won't bark at other people. Besides, since their owners hardly feed and their (the owners') mentality is that dogs should be given left overs, the dog no go see "shingbain" chop (when owner a him pikin never chop). So our Ekukes have learnt over time to be nice to strangers and neighbours , so they can be getting "tips" and for the stingy neighbours, dem go dey "thief" dem food, so they are always o high alert to flee at the slightes gesture to throw things at dem. Gues Dats why they readily run run you make a funny moves at dem. So walking off leash, since dogs generally have strong bonds with those they grow with they natural follow their owners up and down down street, , , branching debris heaps and refuse sites they see along the road, every now and then, to gt some treats, to ginger the "outing (wenl, Dats if the road is not tarred). But for foreign dogs that walk without leash, they are trained not to branch those depot of "treats" as they walk. But another thing that gets my curiosity is for our Ekuke, some never I repeat NEVER got any form of vaccination, yet they live long, and some don't even gt sick for a long tym...what could be responsible for dat?

Eveezy:

well, since u believe a local dog is a basenji, DTS ur opinion, BT personally, DT is very very wrong, but its all good sha. A mutt is a breed of dog wit an unknown origin, as I ve said b4, our local dog looks similar, BT dey are nt actually basenji cos dere are lots of difference, anyways even if am to assume a basenji is in its mix since it has some similar features BT nt entirely like basenji, den its still a mutt cos it has more Dan one or two mixes in its gene.

And to correct one of ur idea, a mixed breed dog isn't inferior, it is only not just a pure breed.
lastly, u asked if anyone here has ever successfully trained their basenji, I guess u mean " has anyone Eva successfully trained dier local dog? since u say local dogs are basenji" .
The Nigerian local dogs are one of d easiest dog to train Eva, they are very very smart even more Dan d foreign ones, BT because people ve tagged dem inferior dey are hardly well trained.
Do u know how hard it is for people to train dier foreign breed off leash? like for d dogs to follow while walking? A typical Nigerian will have a local dog, d dog will on its own train itself to walk off leash BT d moment d Nigerian gets a foreign dog, he starts asking questions, reading book, watching videos on how to train a dog off leash why do u think dis is so? local dogs are so smart mhen DT dey understand humans beta nd wanna please more derefore train demselves.
Also, there are also several training DT local dogs easily get compared to foreign ones, why do u think DAT in most of d dog shows, walks held of recent in 9ja, why were our local dogs usually d best trained? forget all dose commands like "attack" "fetch" "sit" "stay" all dese are commands, we dnt command our local dogs, we talk to dem, we tell dem stuffs like "go nd sit dere, go away, oya sidwn, oya go bk to ur house, greet daddy, greet mommy, oya lie down for ground, wait for me"
Am saying dis out of experience cos it was easier for me training my local dog Dan any of my oda foreign dog.
so if d basenji's are hard to train, den our local dogs are definitely nt basenji's
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by Eveezy(m): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=okikiosibodu post=44870865]ℓoℓz.. i enjoyd reading your write up but let let say again, tagging tagging dog "Local Dog" doesn't connote inferiority, it's only location (country) of where it was nutured (more like citizenship). nw comin to "walking dogs without a leash", foreign dogs were raised withing a confined space, and so their territorial instinct has bening greatly aroused...plus they don't come in contact with many people in most cases, they are limited to the number of pple that enter their "space". Also many of their owners, don't socialize them. Now our beloved ekuke, over-socialization deyworry am. Many of their owners don't have a fenced compound, so so dog dey practice "free-range waka-waka" *smiles* . So their territorial instinct is still very dormant, , yes, they see a lot of people, so they won't bark at other people. Besides, since their owners hardly feed and their (the owners') mentality is that dogs should be given left overs, the dog no go see "shingbain" chop (when owner a him pikin never chop). So our Ekukes have learnt over time to be nice to strangers and neighbours , so they can be getting "tips" and for the stingy neighbours, dem go dey "thief" dem food, so they are always o high alert to flee at the slightes gesture to throw things at dem. Gues Dats why they readily run run you make a funny moves at dem. So walking off leash, since dogs generally have strong bonds with those they grow with they natural follow their owners up and down down street, , , branching debris heaps and refuse sites they see along the road, every now and then, to gt some treats, to ginger the "outing (wenl, Dats if the road is not tarred). But for foreign dogs that walk without leash, they are trained not to branch those depot of "treats" as they walk. But another thing that gets my curiosity is for our Ekuke, some never I repeat NEVER got any form of vaccination, yet they live long, and some don't even gt sick for a long tym...what could be responsible for dat?

well, u say foreign dogs are trained in confined space, yea d security dogs BT nt all, foreign pets are trained in d home. and letting a local dog free to fend for itself depends on d owner, myn was trained for security, when I wanna train my dog a new trick, I use d local first, cos she mks it so easy, I learn frm her b4 I go to my foreign dogs, she is d kinda dog DT d moment u start moving, she will heel nd start following nd d moment u stop, she stops nd sits without telling her to sit nd I didn't ve to train her much, she had d instinct, she has always been d alpha dog in d house, every new dog respects her nd dnt get to her personal space no matter how big dey are, is it gsd? rotts? or Caucasians? shez smart enough to avoid dem nd try be friendly wen I newly bring anoda dog even wen shez nt api, BT DT doesn't mean if d new dog crosses her personal space, she would allow, shez so smart that no one in my family has suggested selling her even wen we sell oda foreign dogs for one reason or d oda. shez so smart, well trained, security conscious nd I ve seen people find it difficult to train dier dog to stay, BT wit her, it was easy, I jst used "wait for me" she prefers we talk to her rather Dan command
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by benjaminzach: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
Our Nigeria dog is no dought one of the world most intelligent and one if the most healthiest dogs. (too bad they are not recognised) they can live an entier life without need for vaccine or vet intervention ..(I've seen lot of dogs that did) I just dont understand why we abuse and criticize them..using the excuse of "unknown origin"..I've had mongrels personally ALot. currently have 7 dogs in my compound somewhere in Abuja 2 are Nigerian breed.the rest are COs and BullM and they are all doing fine..the Nigerian breed especially. .cos they are not as demanding compared to the others..UP NIGERIA DOG
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by bonetalk(m): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2016
mankan2k7:
Can't this dog just run away? this suffering is too much
lol, run to where? Funniest part is he can never leave that house
Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by krak101(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2016
Bros try feed that dog well na. A treat and a bath on im birthday no go bad

1 Like

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by laparole4(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
I have always looked down on the local dog( ekuke) until I got one 6 years ago he is going to be 7 by July https://www.nairaland.com/2371343/mongrel-local-dog-sme-people#34643699

5 Likes

Re: Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic) by okikiosibodu(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Was fun reading through this again

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland / Dog Head, Dog Meat Found On Sale In Shoprite (photo) / SOLD-Pedigree Caucasian Shepherd Semi-Adult Dog For Quick Sale (female). Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.