Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce (49630 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria / ''The North Is A Poverty Trap'' - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Jaydenphoenix: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
EasternActivist:

Where I stay, Igbos, Hausa's,Yoruba's, Ibibio,ijaw,kanuri and some other ethnicities sells food stuffs like the aforementioned...

Abeg talk another thing...

Ok...
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by vivavik(f): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
How do I get this book? I go like read am o
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by ikechuk0: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
Duru1:

Are you sure you have set foot in USA? USA imports agricultural products from South American countries especially tropical products for certain reasons. One instance is to help the economy of those countries exporting the products. One wonders why people from Mexico, Central and South American countries are crashing the USA borders to form farm hands. No country is actually self-sufficient hence international trade. However, USA is one of the few countries on earth that can feed itself.

You people are idiotic. USA imports their agriculture to boost the economy of those countries? You might as well imply the USA imports products from China because they want to boost economy of China. The Bleep?

And yes I've lived in Maryland, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, hell I've even stayed 5 months in Alaska and I'm currently Virginia and in all those states Majority of the produces in each store be it Farm Fresh, Foodlion, Walmart , Save a lot, Publix, Win Dixie, etc, MAJORITY of the produced in the shelves are Predominantly from SOuth America, mostly Mexico. It has nothing to do with the fact they want to "boost economy" of those countries, it has Everything to do with the fact USA is not self suciffient in regards to argiculture and too populated to feed itself. Just like southerner of Nigeria, USA citizen would rather do anything else than farming. Even the South that's known for farms, its limited farmlands. I currently live in one of known farming state in USA (Virginia) and even live in one of the farming county of the state ( surry county) and I can literally count the amount of farmlands I've seen in that entire county with one hand despite it's literally the highly agricultural county of the state. Funny thing, the county borders multiple farming county of the states and it's the same situation to the ones I've been to. Dude go tell that rubbish to ppl living in Nigeria, not someone that's being around and actually seen it with his two eyes

Mexico and other south america seeking any type of jobs, not just be a farm hands. In fact most SouthAmerica works any mediocre jobs they can find. They migrate to USA for exact same reason Africans migrate to USA....corrupt politician, lack of human respect and growth as well as the limited growth of their home nation's currency. It has nothing to do with their desperation to become farmhands. If their politics and insecurities are fixed, they very likely will go back home happily without looking back. In fact they turn the part of the nation they descend in to resemble EXACTLY like their home country. If you doubt me, Go to Hialeah, FL and tell me if you still think you are in USA.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
janellemonae:

All these ur rants are full of LIES. If the yorubas are only supporting osinbajo, why didnt they ever call for seccession under jonathan. Or under Ahmadu Bello, Shagari, Babangida or Abacha. So it is because of osinbajo they will no longer believe in one nigeria. When these govt starts misbehaving it is d same yorubas dt will kick buhari and osinbajo out.

LMAO! Bunch of fraudsters. I wonder who believes all these lies u spew.
Then, unveil these lies beyond every reasonable doubt! You know what I've mentioned are just the veracity. The worse harm a man can do to himself is to feed himself with lies! I'm proud to be Igbo: We don't speak with both sides of the mouth.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by lyntiffany(f): 8:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
hollywater:
The foods are being bought with money from individuals, while northern governors assembled themselves in Abuja every month end to collect free oil money in the name of allocation.
Common sense Senator, you fail here,but you are still the common sense master.
My brother ask me o! Even the purported amnesty they proposed giving to bokoharam boys,where will it come from? Groundnut and Garlic proceeds?
Shettima cried that 13% oil derivatives should be paid to the states that have pipeline underlays just as their brothers in the south but the question is where would the money come as well?

The thruth is that Musa sells his cows and makes profits which automatically goes direct to his coffers everyday but can such be attributed to the south? Take for instance the oil at the back of dearpreye's compound is not allowed to be explored by the owner (dearpreye) reason because it's tagged Federal government oil. Why can't they allow dearpreye to sell and get a direct profit just as Musa?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
lyntiffany:
My brother ask me o! Even the purported amnesty they proposed giving to bokoharam boys,where will it come from? Groundnut and Garlic proceeds?
Shettima cried that 13% oil derivative should be paid to the states that have pipeline underlays just as their brothers in the south but th question is where would the money come as well?

The thruth is that Musa sells his cows and makes profits which automatically goes direct to his coffers everyday but can such be attributed to the south? Take for instance the oil at the back of dearpreye's compound is not allowed to be explored by the owner,(dearpreye) reason because it's tagged Fedral government oil. Why can't they allow dearpreye to sell and get a direct profit just as Musa?

That's the sickening level of hypocrisy that goes on unabated in this British experiment. The mischievous and lazy Generals of Northern extraction used the lopsided constitution to ensure the continued wealth of their pockets by enacting a stupid and insulting, meagre 13% derivation while these thieves and leeches congregate every month at Abuja to share wealth whose source they own not....of course we have some conniving imbeciles from the South Side. ....will it continue forever? Certainly NOT.

Thanks for voicing against this legal but immoral thievery. God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by lyntiffany(f): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
dearpreye:

That's the sickening level of hypocrisy that goes on unabated in this British experiment. The mischievous and lazy Generals of Northern extraction used the lopsided constitution to ensure the continued wealth of their pockets by enacting a stupid and insulting, meagre 13% derivation while these thieves and leeches congregate every month at Abuja to share wealth whose source they own not....of course we have some conniving imbeciles from the South Side. ....will it continue forever? Certainly NOT.

Thanks for voicing against this legal but immoral thievery. God bless you.
I am optimistic that someday the ties holding us will break loose. You welcome my brother from another mother wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
lyntiffany:
I am optimistic that someday the ties holding us will break loose. You welcome my brother from another mother wink

Sure they will.....very soon.

I missed you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Duru1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
ikechuk0:

You people are idiotic. USA imports their agriculture to boost the economy of those countries? You might as well imply the USA imports products from China because they want to boost economy of China. The Bleep?

And yes I've lived in Maryland, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, hell I've even stayed 5 months in Alaska and I'm currently Virginia and in all those states Majority of the produces in each store be it Farm Fresh, Foodlion, Walmart , Save a lot, Publix, Win Dixie, etc, MAJORITY of the produced in the shelves are Predominantly from SOuth America, mostly Mexico. It has nothing to do with the fact they want to "boost economy" of those countries, it has Everything to do with the fact USA is not self suciffient in regards to argiculture and too populated to feed itself. Just like southerner of Nigeria, USA citizen would rather do anything else than farming. Even the South that's known for farms, its limited farmlands. I currently live in one of known farming state in USA (Virginia) and even live in one of the farming county of the state ( surry county) and I can literally count the amount of farmlands I've seen in that entire county with one hand despite it's literally the highly agricultural county of the state. Funny thing, the county borders multiple farming county of the states and it's the same situation to the ones I've been to. Dude go tell that rubbish to ppl living in Nigeria, not someone that's being around and actually seen it with his two eyes

Mexico and other south america seeking any type of jobs, not just be a farm hands. In fact most SouthAmerica works any mediocre jobs they can find. They migrate to USA for exact same reason Africans migrate to USA....corrupt politician, lack of human respect and growth as well as the limited growth of their home nation's currency. It has nothing to do with their desperation to become farmhands. If their politics and insecurities are fixed, they very likely will go back home happily without looking back. In fact they turn the part of the nation they descend in to resemble EXACTLY like their home country. If you doubt me, Go to Hialeah, FL and tell me if you still think you are in USA.

If there is any idiotic individual in this discourse, it is certainly you. Most of the major farms in Central and South Americans countries are owned by USA companies. Anybody who lives in the backwater county such as Surry County, VA should not be talking about agricultural prowess of USA. I drove from El Centro, CA to Los Indos, CA, a distance of 120 miles and all is farm land. Iowa State alone can produce enough potato that can feed entire Central and South American countries for two months. What about Midwestern states such Nebraska and Kansas with corn production? Georgia and Florida can produce enough peaches and oranges respectively to sustain Central and South American countries for months. As for China issues, most citizens of USA like to buy cheap ass products that are manufactured in China by USA companies operating in China. Washington and Oregon States produce enough apple to sustain life on earth. I am not even adding California and Texas into this discussion.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by OreMI22: 11:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
[size=15pt]Without the southern nigeria, Northern Nigeria will be poorer than Niger, Mali,Chad or South Sudan.
All the above mentioned countries are ethnically and geographically similar to northern Nigerians, EXCEPT that they work harder than northern Nigerians.

Again, if the north would be better off on their own,they are the greediest group of Africans and would have long left Southern nigerians to form their own country.-FACT!

The ONLY reason the north is interested in Nigeria is the OIL in the south which they could steal and enrich themselves with other peoples' resources.
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kaboninc(m): 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
lyntiffany:

Almost a year I saw this moniker....
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by lyntiffany(f): 7:24am On Mar 16, 2016
kaboninc:

Almost a year I saw this moniker....
I guess I should begin by saying Happy new year.

Which planet have you relocated to?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by lyntiffany(f): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2016
dearpreye:

Sure they will.....very soon.

I missed you.
Missed you too sweetness.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kaboninc(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2016
lyntiffany:
I guess I should begin by saying Happy new year.

Which planet have you relocated to?

Lool.

Happy New Year!

I've been in Mars all this while. Came into earth a couple of days ago. How about you?

Good morning
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by ibedun: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Common nonsense, food is a commodity that can be purchased easily when you have economic wealth. What is food?

UK imports too, UAE imports food and even Russia. Economy is the koko, the northerners are parasites.

Biafra said the same in 1967, we saw what kwashiorkor did to them.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by darqly(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

You're a clown. No one alluded to superiority but if you feel those from the South are superior, then it is all on you. The relationship between North and South isn't symbiotic - it's an awkward one where one region is dependent on the other.

Regardless, my assertion/conclusion isn't just amazing - it is proven. That is the general belief. Which Nigerian group wears kaftan and sandals everywhere like Arabs during winter? And which group always live in seclusion amongst Arabs and areas dominated by Arabs?

Go find ya answers.

Guy, make up your mind biko. On the one hand you claim your assertion is proven, though you tendered no empirical evidence. On the other hand, you say it's a general belief, I.e popular but unverified. See yourself? Part of your confusion stems from the narrow sights with which the majority of you lot view Northerners, instead of getting first-hand info. Most of you imagine all northerners to be Muslims, then to be hausa-fulani, in that order. Now you're here saying ALL northerners dress like Arabs, in diaspora for that matter. Igbo men tie wrappers and wear sandals, can I call them ancient Greeks? Anyway, back to the issue at hand- Any nation that cannot feed it's population and assure food security is one headed for disaster, crude oil-rich or not. With the endemic corruption and mismanagement common with ALL Nigerians, it'll be nothing short of a miracle to prevent southern Nigeria from starving despite the so called natural resource that is abundant there.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 0YorubaParapo0: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2016
MrEverest:
Stop decieving yourself, Anambra state alone has far more investors/enterprenues than the whole SW put together & if you doubt me, for every one yoruba investor/manufacturer you mention, I'll mention 2 Anambra people!

Lmao...... I laugh sotey tears came out of my eyes. When did petty traders start investing in their erosive region?

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 0YorubaParapo0: 12:02am On Mar 17, 2016
3xtr6r:

Frustrated IPOO minion!
Awón akobata Hausa-Fulani, go and answer your masters:

"And let me tell you that in the event of the breakup of this country, Ilorin and Offa will remain 100 % Northern Nigeria and not one inch of land will be ceded to yorubas".- Junaid Mohammed.
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69271-north-ready-nigeria-s-breakup-if-junaid-muhammed.html

Lol we are YOUR masters. I see y'all bootlicking Saraki, a Yoruba mans azz, to buy your fake China imported shoes. Lol. Without Yorubas, igbos are nothing.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 3xtr6r: 12:53am On Mar 17, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Lol we are YOUR masters. I see y'all bootlicking Saraki, a Yoruba mans azz, to buy your fake China imported shoes. Lol. Without Yorubas, igbos are nothing.

Outlined below are the indisputable cases of Yoruba Slavery.

1* Afonja betrayed his Yaribanza people and sold them as perpetual slaves to the Fulani; Ilorin still remains an Islamic caliphate till date.

2* Justice Sowemimo, a Yoruba judge was used by the Hausa-Fulani slave masters to send Chief Awolowo to jail.

3* Chief Awolowo was an unyielding advocate of true federalism but suddenly changed as soon as he was appointed the Minister of local Government and Finance and succeeded in enslaving the Yoruba race .

4* General Oladipo Diya, a Yoruba man was used by his Hausa-Fulani slave masters to batter NADECO, Afenifere, Odua Movement and other Yoruba struggle groups.

5* Yoruba Obas collected bribe from their Hausa-Fulani slave masters instead of fighting for the unjust murder of their "beloved son" MKO Abiola as confessed by Oba Akiolu.

6* The same MKO Abiola financed the coup that sacked his brother Ernest Shonekan and brought in his slave master General Abacha - an Hausa-Fulani to power. 

7* MKO Abiola and other Yoruba elders even went to Dodan Barracks to submit themselves as perpetual slaves to General Sani Abacha for overthrowing their brother. It's so pathetic!

8* A small boy Yakubu Gowon used Pa Awolowo as slave to cling on to power against Southern interest.

9* Slavish cum coward coup plotters - Oladipo Diya, Abdulkarim Adisa 

Oladipo Diya - the greatest general in the history of Yoruba peole, knelt, wept and begged Abacha for his miserable life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VM9hZMYZ0

Yorubas are not only treacherous but always at the servitude of the Northerners which is very worrisome.

Awón akobata Hausa-Fulani!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by oyatz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Have you seen any Country in the whole world that easily agree to its disintegration? Why is the USA and Canada reluctant to let Peurto Rico and Quebec respectively be on their own?
Why is China still insisting that Taiwan is just a rebellous province of China despite that Taiwan has existed with its own sovereignity since 1949? Why did Eritrea had to fight 30 year civil war before being separated from Ethiopia? Why is Morocco frustrating the attempt by Western Sahara to break away and form their own sovereign Nation? quote author=kettykin post=43751742]But my question is that if the North is independent of the south east and south south then why this angst and trepidation about biafra [/quote]
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by rosebowl01(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
What I don't get with this assertion that they constantly ring into our ears is our they fail to do their math. North produce food and sell it to the highest bidder(market price), whether the buyer is a southerner or a foreigner or... They get various free subsidies, and support (i.e. fertilizer) for growing these staples. These subsidies are financed using revenues that were generated mainly from the south i.e. vat - Lagos, Oil South-south. On the flip side, they get monthly allocation from revenues generated mainly from the south (vat and oil) for free, unlike the south that has to pay fully for the products from the north. Their motivation for growing food is for their survival, and not their patriotism, otherwise, they should donate the food, like the south "donate" their revenue to Abuja. If they don't sell the food to us, they should leave them to perish, and we see who suffers. So, again how's the north not dependent on the south?

Couple this with the factors like, meat produced by the North is coming at a huge cost to the North central and South via Fulani menace. Revenue generated from the south of which the North takes the bulk comes at a huge cost again to the south via environmental damage caused by spillage etc.

AGAIN I ASK, IS BEN A FOOL OR WHAT?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kettykin: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
oyatz:
Have you seen any Country in the whole world that easily agree to its disintegration? Why is the USA and Canada reluctant to let Peurto Rico and Quebec respectively be on their own?
Why is China still insisting that Taiwan is just a rebellous province of China despite that Taiwan has existed with its own sovereignity since 1949? Why did Eritrea had to fight 30 year civil war before being separated from Ethiopia? Why is Morocco frustrating the attempt by Western Sahara to break away and form their own sovereign Nation? quote author=kettykin post=43751742]But my question is that if the North is independent of the south east and south south then why this angst and trepidation about biafra

Same goes for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh which peacefully disintegrated when they realized that the union was not working.
Also the Soviet Union was peacefully disintegrated when they realized that the Union was not working.

Britain is about disintegrating peacefully after brexit when they have realized that the union is not working.
Sudan peaceful disintegration is there for all to emulate.
Why must Nigeria be different
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by oyatz(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
They control the economy of Zambia and may declare Zambia no man's land very soon
0YorubaParapo0:

So why haven't they "turned Zambia to Lagos"? lmaooo
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by oyatz(m): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
Please study history very well.
Sudan fought two civil wars with the last one between 1983 to 2005 ,just to keep their country together.
Brexit is about the UK withdrawing from European Union and not about disintegration of the UK .Do you know about several battles and guerrilla attacks waged by Irish Republican Army against the UK, in order to have Ireland separated from the UK, despite 500 years of political union?The departing colonial power, Britain partioned the British India into two based on deep seated religious differences in 1947 and even at that ,this left bitter enmity and several wars fought in the aftermath, such that India actuality invaded Pakistan to ensure Pakistan furthr disintegerated into Pakistan and Bangladesh.Several wars were fought in between them and up till today, Kashmir is still in serious contention and a highly militarized zone.
kettykin:

Same goes for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh which peacefully disintegrated when they realized that the union was not working.
Also the Soviet Union was peacefully disintegrated when they realized that the Union was not working.

Britain is about disintegrating peacefully after brexit when they have realized that the union is not working.
Sudan peaceful disintegration is there for all to emulate.
Why must Nigeria be different
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by oyatz(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Poverty result from the inability of a people to dominate their environment.
Wealth result from using what you have in your environment to get what you need.
The amount of wealth you get is proportional to the values you are able to add to the produce available in your environment.
The amount of money realized from the export of agricultural products by Australia and the US surpassed what Nigeria get as royalty from Oil companies from export of CRUDE, unrefined oil.
Ralphdan:

Oil can be imported easily but you will no longer eat the proceeds of what you dont own.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by oyatz(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
OK, we have heard and you are correct. Oya clap for yourself.
3xtr6r:

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell A Adeleye -https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Bayswater post:
Some of us Yorubas are traitors, I say give my people food and they will beat their parents if you want them to.

We are the major problem of Nigeria.

Bayswater post:
That's the sentiments we keep applying, us Yorubas will not attend to the log of wood in our eyes, we are busy acting like all is well with us claiming to be Nigeria's messiah. Oju yin ma to jaa, eyin Oponu gbogbo.

Bayswater post:
Thank you for educating the ignorant lady. I've decided to ignore her buffoonery, she clearly lacks patience and good comprehension skills.

Speaking of Judases, we have them in abundance in the Yoruba nation; it's more like 6 out of 12.

Bayswater post:
We always think we are the most sophisticated, that other tribes should bow to us; some think it is superiority complex but I think it's darn plain stupidity.

Bayswater post:
We even discriminate amongst ourselves. I know some Yorubas will not allow their children marry an ijebu.

Of course, some are their own person.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Dedetwo(m): 12:56am On Jan 05, 2017
edoyad:
This is an excerpt from Senator Ben Murray Bruce's COMMON SENSE REVOLUTION , his e-book available for free on the internet. It's like a compendium of all his common sense articles, it is informative .

Many Southerners erroneously think the North is dependent on the South.
In actual fact, the reverse is the case!

Senator Ben Murray Bruce, I totally agree that most southerners are erroneously in debt with their worthless thoughts that the northerners are dependent on the south. However, it has been brazenly demonstrated that northerners have cultivated the seeds that gave rise to such ridiculous assumption. The elites of northern region of Nigeria spearheaded the fight against the Biafra while being egged on by the people from western region of Nigeria. In addition, the northerners and westerners have been petrified on the mere mention that Nigeria has to be disintegrated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In France Calls Police On EndSARS Protesters / Live Photos From James Ocholi's Burial - Dignitaries Arrival / Nigerian Soldier Caught Bush Meat In Cameroon. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.