Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,448 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

The Northen Nigerian Life! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Northen Nigerian Life! (2643 Views)

Northen Leaders Are Pushing To Cut A Deal With Jonathan / Nigerian Reserve Manager "gej" Spend 107 Billion Naira To Secure Northen Vote / Why Are There So Many Beggars On The Streets From Northen Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Northen Nigerian Life! by christ4mi(f): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hey! I want to share a story with u! Pls note that all abusive comments are not welcome. I need an intellectual reply, it going to serve as mini project to me. Pls help.
The Story goes like this, ! It happens I've a female friend from Northern Nigerian, she is from an elite home. I went to their house in Kano State to spend sometime with her. I notice something very disturbing about their way of life.
I start seeing it on the first morning, I wake up. She is a faithful Muslim she wakes up early to say her morning prayers. Then when the day break, she turn on her TV to watch news only on Aljazeera news TV. In their house they dont have any Nigerian channel, they dont watch to National news on NTA. She reads newspaper like Daily Trust, and a Kano Based Triumph. She cares less about what going on in Nigeria. All what she cares is Kano and the Arab world.
In the afternoon, we went to see her friends about 4 of them. The situation is all the same, no Nigerian channel on their Sat. Her Friends are Born in Nigeria and School in Nigeria. To my greatest suprise they cant speak English. They speak Hausa and Arabic only. They did their secondary school in the heart of Kano and got Admission in Saudi Arabia to study medicine. I asked on of them to recite the National Anthem, she cant!!! She told me that!!??
Back at my friend home in the evening, I was chatting with her brother, I asked him to recite the national anthem, he did it half way and shut up. I then asked him to recite the National anthem of Saudi arabiya, he did it without any mistake.
I went back to my friend and ask her some few Nigerian Leaders, mostly current Governors from the South East and Niger-Delta. She dont even know one of them. But she can name all the Governors in United Arab Emirate, including Syria, Yemen, Oman, and off course Saudi Arabia. I became totally speechless.
In their house they have 4 Saudi Arabia's flag and non Nigerian flag.
I've chatted with more 50 young people in Kano the condition remain the same. Generally Speaking Kano have very strong tie with the Arab world, than Nigeria States nothing can change this. No wonder many Arabs indigenize in Kano and can run for elections and win!!!.
Many Kano Boys want to marry Arab woman, they like them 100% more Nigerian girls. Most Younger generation of Kano have Arab roots. So pls Nigerian what can u say about this smiley angry shocked lipsrsealed kiss cry

Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by strangleyo: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
brainwashed monkeys.

But when it comes to OIL money coming in, I bet they'll sing whatever asked.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by christ4mi(f): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
No Abuses Pls! Only Intellectual reply
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by SamMilla1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
its called brainwash.
They are living the lives prepared and packaged for them by their parents.
You must understand that many of them hausas are preparing to declare nigeria a muslim country.
Unfortunately for them, the other giant tribes are waiting for that date.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Chiddysville(m): 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
Don't tell me this is true
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by strangleyo: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2009
The FG can do something about it, if they had ample riot police. See how China deals with the problem.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
@topic

This high level of unpatriotic life is fully aceptable so far its coming from northern Nigeria.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by strangleyo: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2009
Religion is opium for the masses, and Islam is the worst of it.

To be fair, I'd love to see all forms of religion banned in Nigeria once and for all. All public and religious gatherings should be banned.

Have you noticed most religious riots occur on friday after prayers?

I re-iterate, Nigeria needs good riot police. Then we can inact the changes that are required.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by asha2: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2009
Is this a joke?

I know that even in the south some families only watch dstv and cnn as their favourite news station but not knowing the national anthem or speaking the lingua franca(english) of 'their country'.

What we practice in nigeria is petronationalism simple.So much for one nigeria.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Angel20: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2009
Is this a joke?

(I know that even in the south some families only watch dstv and cnn as their favourite news station but not knowing the national anthem or speaking the lingua franca(english) of 'their country'.

What we practice in nigeria is petronationalism simple.So much for one nigeria.)

Yeah its true.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by generalzango(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
Nigerians that are RICH don't like associate themselves with Nigeria,& the girl you are talking about i doubt if she was brought up in Naija.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by imranmo(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2009
1)
I remember a while back a scandal ensued because certain ministers to be could not recite the National Anthem , talkless of the masses.
When u talk about the North we are associated with lack of education and yet you are suprised to find kids that can't recite the national anthem? Be reasonable and consider the degraded state of the Nigerian Educational system as a whole.
2) The fact that we have Nigerians that dont watch national Tv should be scandal is just ridiculous. Considering the Nilesat that u saw in this kano home , it costs approximately 20000 naira and thereon its free , which appeals more to many Nigerian( not just Hausa people ) rather than the 30000+ /month for DSTV.
3) And about your cooked up story on studying Medicine in Arabic in Saudia Arabia is just fake, i think u meant Syria rather because thats where students get to study medicine in Arabic.
4) Nonsense pass by any street in Nigeria and count the number of Flags you see flying that don't belong to government institutions.
5) Recently a Nigerian immigrant became a Mayor in IRELAND (http://yourfreepress..com/2007/06/irelands-nigerian-mayor.html)! So the fact that any nationalized foreigner could run for elections In Nigeria should prove our devotion towards Democracy.
6) I'm very sure you have that poster of those Arab girls posted upon YOUR wall! grin
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Jairzinho(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2009
The OP,points are not too shocking. . .  .the fact is that ,Nigeria is not working curently. Just like in the south,most wealthy people send their kids to the US & UK,so also they send their kids to the Arab countries.

The only diff is that they are beclouded by by religion & nothing else.

Things will change once we have a working country or we break up to major feerating units. . . . . . . .

I don't support this but thats what will happen,not only are the northerners esp KANO axis not interested in other Nigerians,they also relate very well Niger,Burkina,Mali etc. . . . .  . . . .

Its quite sad sha. . . .  . cry cry cry

I've lived in the middle east & I know the arabs have little regard for them(Hausas),yes they like them as muslim they still regard them as inferior.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
i've always said nothern nigeria shld never have been part of us . . . one nigeria indeed.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Jairzinho(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2009
imranmo:

1)
I remember a while back a scandal ensued because certain ministers to be could not recite the National Anthem , talkless of the masses.
When u talk about the North we are associated with lack of education and yet you are suprised to find kids that can't recite the national anthem? Be reasonable and consider the degraded state of the Nigerian Educational system as a whole.
2) The fact that we have Nigerians that dont watch national Tv should be scandal is just ridiculous. Considering the Nilesat that u saw in this kano home , it costs approximately 20000 naira and thereon its free , which appeals more to many Nigerian( not just Hausa people ) rather than the 30000+ /month for DSTV.
3) And about your cooked up story on studying Medicine in Arabic in Saudia Arabia is just fake, i think u meant Syria rather because thats where students get to study medicine in Arabic.
4) Nonsense pass by any street in Nigeria and count the number of Flags you see flying that don't belong to government institutions.
5) Recently a Nigerian immigrant became a Mayor in IRELAND (http://yourfreepress..com/2007/06/irelands-nigerian-mayor.html)! So the fact that any nationalized foreigner could run for elections In Nigeria should prove our devotion towards Democracy.
6) I'm very sure you have that poster of those Arab girls posted upon YOUR wall! grin
Its people like this that make u avoid NL,what do u have to say??NOTHING?? Your post is actually unintelligent
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by imranmo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ Jairzinho :

I have given a response to almost every point that has been raised and u call it "unintelligent"? You would prefer to criticise without being countered but thats not how the world works. Backup up your points with reasonable links and data. A single person visits "1" household in a city that contains millions and speaks ro 50 kids and immediately the whole Of Northern Nigeria is the same? Do not argue with your passions, get down from your trees and use your God given Intellect. Please I am ready to consider your facts wink
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by SapeleGuy: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
This story seems a bit dodgy.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
What else can you say?
I am not sure if i will blame them that much, what is about Nigeria to be proud of? why would i wanna "Nigeria, i hail thee.-,--"? when Nigeria has not been led by good people, when the hope and dreams of most that called her home has been destroyed?
They wants a tie a place that gives them something that Nigeria cant.
They are probably tired of all the jargons in Nigeria, so let them be, they are adult and can chose to love or hate.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Jairzinho(m): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2009
imranmo:

@ Jairzinho :

I have given a response to almost every point that has been raised and u call it "unintelligent"? You would prefer to criticise without being countered but thats not how the world works. Backup up your points with reasonable links and data. A single person visits "1" household in a city that contains millions and speaks ro 50 kids and immediately the whole Of Northern Nigeria is the same? Do not argue with your passions, get down from your trees and use your God given Intellect. Please I am ready to consider your facts wink
ok,I'll pick apart your 'response' below. . . . 
imranmo:

1)
When u talk about the North we are associated with lack of education and yet you are suprised to find kids that can't recite the national anthem? Be reasonable and consider the degraded state of the Nigerian Educational system as a whole. National Anthem has little to do with education,even the battery-charger should be able to recite it, it has more to do with PATRIOTISM. Meanwhile ,the are rich kids. .  . .they have little to do with the ‘degraded’ NG educational system
2) The fact that we have Nigerians that dont watch national Tv should be scandal is just ridiculous. Considering the Nilesat that u saw in this kano home , it costs approximately 20000 naira and thereon its free , which appeals more to many Nigerian( not just Hausa people ) rather than the 30000+ /month for DSTV. We have AIT /NTA on DSTV in addition t many other Nigerian/African programs. The point she’s making is that these hausa pple are AFRICANS ,but are trying to be ARABS !3) And about your cooked up story on studying Medicine in Arabic in Saudia Arabia is just fake, i think u meant Syria rather because thats where students get to study medicine in Arabic.
Read again,her FRIEND is the one studying in Saudi & You’re also wrong ,almost all universities in the Arab world teach in Arabic4) Nonsense pass by any street in Nigeria and count the number of Flags you see flying that don't belong to government institutions.
I have NEVER seen the SAUDI FLAG being flown in a private residence,also where you would find flags,u’d likely see THE NIGERIAN FLAG (,which was absent in this case,hence her understandable surprise)as well,the FLAG represents where your patriotism lays. . . .I remember posting sometime ago that on the streets of Kano u'll see the flags of Niger on sale angry >:5) Recently a Nigerian immigrant became a Mayor in IRELAND (http://yourfreepress..com/2007/06/irelands-nigerian-mayor.html)! So the fact that any nationalized foreigner could run for elections In Nigeria should prove our devotion towards Democracy. This has nothing to do with the gist of her post,anybody can do anything,we’re talking about affinity of people to the project called Nigeria
Absolutely irrelevant
Soy you can see why i felt you were largely off point ? undecided smiley
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Dede1(m): 8:00am On Jul 21, 2009
This story can not be truth. If the poster is not a practicing Muslim, I would like to inquire what on earth that could compel an infidel to undertake such a love journey to Kano State. Please do not pound into my consciousness that the compelling factor is the dynamite hidden between the girl’s thighs because you could find comparable ones, if not better, on the streets of Chicago, IL.

As for the need of being able to recite Nigerian national anthem, I should say that it predicated on patriotism.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by DisGuy: 8:29am On Jul 21, 2009
exaggeration

lived in the same state for some few years, never watched NTA-thats the only nigerian channel up there then and it wasn't clear-so everyone I know including Igbos, hausa, Mediterranean watch satellite tv 24/7

many of them end up going to Egypt, Dubai Saudi Arabia for their higher education, don't see anything particularly wrong with that- after all there are American(affiliated) universities in these countries and visa is relatively easier
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by imranmo(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2009
My dear friend you refuse to recognise the truth , where else do little children learn the Anthem if not school. And we all know even our ministers , senators ,represenatatives do not know it and you accuse People in  the North for lack of patriotism?

Just because you have the money to pay 30 000 / month for DSTV does not mean everyone can. You are yet to understand the point. It has nothing to with the set of channels or language but price between DSTV and Nilesat.

Google is there for your research : Only in Syria and Sudan but In Saudi Arabia they don't study medicine in Arabic, just English thats why this cooked up story is flawed. Trust me on this one.

"Generally Speaking Kano have very strong tie with the Arab world, than Nigeria States nothing can change this. No wonder many Arabs indigenize in Kano and can run for elections and win!!!." , Thats what she posted. What afffinity are you talking about ? If an Anyone can become an indegene and run for elections , shouldn't that be a good thing? It's like a jealous wife seeing faults in everything.

Lastly about Our flag , please just dont make a fuss out of its absence or presence , its an unfounded point. And Kano shares both History and a border with Niger. If you did attend secondary school you should know. A Heavy population of Niger expatriates would seek their own Flags even in Nigeria.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by eesaah(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
christ4mi:

Hey! I want to share a story with u! Pls note that all abusive comments are not welcome. I need an intellectual reply, it going to serve as mini project to me. Pls help.
The Story goes like this, It happens I've a female friend from Northern Nigerian, she is from an elite home. I went to their house in Kano State to spend sometime with her. I notice something very disturbing about their way of life.
I start seeing it on the first morning, I wake up. She is a faithful Muslim she wakes up early to say her morning prayers. Then when the day break, she turn on her TV to watch news only on Aljazeera news TV. In their house they dont have any Nigerian channel, they dont watch to National news on NTA. She reads newspaper like Daily Trust, and a Kano Based Triumph. She cares less about what going on in Nigeria. All what she cares is Kano and the Arab world.
In the afternoon, we went to see her friends about 4 of them. The situation is all the same, no Nigerian channel on their Sat. Her Friends are Born in Nigeria and School in Nigeria. To my greatest suprise they cant speak English. They speak Hausa and Arabic only. They did their secondary school in the heart of Kano and got Admission in Saudi Arabia to study medicine. I asked on of them to recite the National Anthem, she cant!!! She told me that!!??
Back at my friend home in the evening, I was chatting with her brother, I asked him to recite the national anthem, he did it half way and shut up. I then asked him to recite the National anthem of Saudi arabiya, he did it without any mistake.
I went back to my friend and ask her some few Nigerian Leaders, mostly current Governors from the South East and Niger-Delta. She dont even know one of them. But she can name all the Governors in United Arab Emirate, including Syria, Yemen, Oman, and off course Saudi Arabia. I became totally speechless.
I've chatted with more 50 young people in Kano the condition remain the same. Generally Speaking Kano have very strong tie with the Arab world, than Nigeria States nothing can change this. No wonder many Arabs indigenize in Kano and can run for elections and win!!!.
Many Kano Boys want to marry Arab woman, they like them 100% more Nigerian girls. Most Younger generation of Kano have Arab roots. So pls Nigerian what can u say about this smiley angry shocked lipsrsealed kiss cry
Sometimes i wonder what people gain by coming to nairaland to post stories that are not true. Below are my concern about the post

1. the poster claimed that friend's friend got admission in saudi to study medicine in arabic.This is not possible.Foreigners are not allow admission into undergraduate studies in saudi arabian universities except if the child dad is a lecturer in the university there and even at that they are not allow admission into professional courses like medicine and engineering.I lived in saudi arabia and i know wat am sayin.

2. More also, the saudi arabian national anthem is completely in arabic and i guess the poster is not an arab  and probably do not understand arabic, so how did she know that her friend's brother recited the saudi arabia national anthem without mistake?

Same goes to other claimed the poster made in this post, they are just cooked up.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Macteejay2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
This story is grossly exaggerated. I remembered when one minister-to-be could not give the capital of Jigawa, some of our lawmaker cannot recite the national anthem.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Bialegend(m): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
eesaah:

Sometimes i wonder what people gain by coming to nairaland to post stories that are not true. Below are my concern about the post

1. the poster claimed that friend's friend got admission in saudi to study medicine in arabic.This is not possible.Foreigners are not allow admission into undergraduate studies in saudi arabian universities except if the child dad is a lecturer in the university there and even at that they are not allow admission into professional courses like medicine and engineering.I lived in saudi arabia and i know wat am sayin.

2. More also, the saudi arabian national anthem is completely in arabic and i guess the poster is not an arab  and probably do not understand arabic, so how did she know that her friend's brother recited the saudi arabia national anthem without mistake?

Same goes to other claimed the poster made in this post, they are just cooked up.
Sorry to burst your bubble, the poster is not male, but female. Look well before you start talking what you don't know. You already deleted whare you stupidly wrote "the poster is male" Coming from saudi arabia and a muslim that you are, i know the story won't go well with you despite that it's pure fact.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by KnowAll(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2009
There is nothing to be gained by our northern brothers associating with the arabs, the arabs hold black African muslims in contempt and they subject them to a life of servitude and slavery, to confirm these disturbing trend one does not need to go too far off to see how the Hausa-looking people in other countries are treated. In Mauritania the black Africans who are Hausa like people and still enduring a life of servitude and mordern day slavery. Same thing in Dafur in the Sudan where Hausa-like race are subject to ethnic cleanising and slavery despite their loyalty to Islam. If that is the type of life that our Northern brothers have chosen for themselves who are we to blame them,  it is a matter of choice and they have chosen the part of servitude in another man’s country rather than being the master of their’s (Ironically they seem to be masters of theirs with all the political appointments and shenanigans’ happening in Nigeria ). If we are to look what have become of the Hausa slaves that were taking to the arab world, one would agree that the southern West-Africans have done better for themselves in the new world when compared to what the ancestors of the hausa’s slaves have achieved so the difference is as clear as day light. The choice is their’s.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by DisGuy: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
Macteejay2:

This story is grossly exaggerated. I remembered when one minister-to-be could not give the capital of Jigawa, some of our lawmaker cannot recite the national anthem.

what about the presidential/governorship aspirant attesting our abundant mineral resources- fanta, coke, spirite and etc etc - I think it was Tofa from kano state
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by imranmo(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
Thank you my fellow Nigerians , If anything we can Spot a fraud a mile away. Our collective responses have completely killed of this fabrication of a post.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Tsiya(m): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
christ4mi:

The Story goes like this, ! It happens I've a female friend from Northern Nigerian, she is from an elite home. I went to their house in Kano State to spend sometime with her. I notice something very disturbing about their way of life.
I went back to my friend and ask her some few Nigerian Leaders, mostly current Governors from the South East and Niger-Delta. She dont even know one of them. B[b]ut she can name all the Governors in United Arab Emirate, including Syria, Yemen, Oman, and off course Saudi Arabia. I became totally speechless. [/b]

I have every reason to believe that your story is fabricated.

Early morning prayer is practice by muslims all over the world. Even in UK and US, the muslims community pray very early. Hence, this is not a new thing, and it is not something that should be disturbing to you.

Any Nigerian that schooled in Nigeria, north or south must learn to sing national anthem. For your information, in the 80s and upto the early 90s, we learn to sing national anthem in hausa. and they still play it in most local radios in the north. "we call it Taken Kasa".

Strong adherence to our religion doesnt not mean they dont know anything about the country

For those of you, who want to believe every concoted story, u can believe, but as a matter of fact, only very few people in the north can speak arabic. There is difference between reciting the Kur'an and other religious text and speaking arabic. moreso, u guys should better understand that arabic is a language, just like any other language.

Of all the elected officers in Kano, u didnt mention any person that is Arab. U just mention the same old story, the myth of nothern connection with the arab world.

And Im going to tell you something, the Language of Instruction in Saudi Universities, apart from religious schools is English. Before any person can get admission in Saudi University, they have to sit for TOEFL and GRE/SAT.

Infact u are just an ignorant, u want to believe what u want to believe that is all. Your hatred for Islam/Northern people is so glaring that u can't even do basic research
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
Tsiya:

I have every reason to believe that your story is fabricated.

Early morning prayer is practice by muslims all over the world. Even in UK and US, the muslims community pray very early. Hence, this is not a new thing, and it is not something that should be disturbing to you.

Any Nigerian that schooled in Nigeria, north or south must learn to sing national anthem. For your information, in the 80s and upto the early 90s, we learn to sing national anthem in hausa. and they still play it in most local radios in the north. "we call it Taken Kasa".

Strong adherence to our religion doesnt not mean they dont know anything about the country

For those of you, who want to believe every concoted story, u can believe, but as a matter of fact, only very few people in the north can speak arabic. There is difference between reciting the Kur'an and other religious text and speaking arabic. moreso, u guys should better understand that arabic is a language, just like any other language.

Of all the elected officers in Kano, u didnt mention any person that is Arab. U just mention the same old story, the myth of nothern connection with the arab world.

And Im going to tell you something, the Language of Instruction in Saudi Universities, apart from religious schools is English. Before any person can get admission in Saudi University, they have to sit for TOEFL and GRE/SAT.

Infact u are just an ignorant, u want to believe what u want to believe that is all. Your hatred for Islam/Northern people is so glaring that u can't even do basic research

thanks for setting him/her straight.

Many Kano Boys want to marry Arab woman, they like them 100% more Nigerian girl

and how is this different from the southern Nigerian males who like white European women?
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by naijaway(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
Hmm , this is not really an eye opener but a stark reminder because I have heard similar stories from friends and relatives that visit kano, madugiri, sokoto, and some other places. My thing is that arab creepiness in it and I also think is high time that any govt offical, minister or anyone who holds any public office in Nigeria should at least know the few history on record and be able to say the pledge.
Really, our borders are just too open more especially in northern nigeria. What kind of rubbish are we seeing oh? One day those infiltrated arabs from sudan can come in via Niger cuz they are currently at loggerheads with chad. Enuff of those u know na north guys pops are rich and their kids don't care about anything so the govt made education free; Playing demand and supply with education. When is supposed to be uninterrupted supply for everyone. Am not against other africans but is high time we as a nation really define ourselves in terms of value. As long as you can speak and walk and talk you should be able to say the anthem and more especially the pledge.
The psychology is that many of the northern nigeria residents are of diverse tribes just as much as the south but they have found a niche to get along in religion and alliance against the south; There are hausa, fulani, tiv, idoma, a couple more and then still major tribes like igbo, yoruba, and others. Unlike everything south of Nigeria, that has made sure that if the way you say cup is different from how i say cup then you are automatically another tribe. I just hate to go on and on about rubbish like this. Nigerians, we are capable of laying the foundation for the best nation in Africa and the best working model for future Africans and arguably the world over. May God open our brains to flourish with the ideas of our national anthem and the pledge.
Re: The Northen Nigerian Life! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:44am On Aug 01, 2009
KnowAll:

There is nothing to be gained by our northern brothers associating with the arabs, the arabs hold black African muslims in contempt and they subject them to a life of servitude and slavery, to confirm these disturbing trend one does not need to go too far off to see how the Hausa-looking people in other countries are treated. In Mauritania the black Africans who are Hausa like people and still enduring a life of servitude and mordern day slavery. Same thing in Dafur in the Sudan where Hausa-like race are subject to ethnic cleanising and slavery despite their loyalty to Islam. If that is the type of life that our Northern brothers have chosen for themselves who are we to blame them,  it is a matter of choice and they have chosen the part of servitude in another man’s country rather than being the master of their’s (Ironically they seem to be masters of theirs with all the political appointments and shenanigans’ happening in Nigeria ). If we are to look what have become of the Hausa slaves that were taking to the arab world, one would agree that the southern West-Africans have done better for themselves in the new world when compared to what the ancestors of the hausa’s slaves have achieved so the difference is as clear as day light. The choice is their’s.

wtf? hausa-like?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears / Upcoming 2010/2011 Political Events/meetings/parties . . . / Silencing Beaf And Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.