Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai (1323 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Speaks On FG's Move To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail / Kaduna Preaching Bill: Resolving The Constitutional Controversy (1) ...punch / You Will Die, Except You Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill – Apostle Suleiman Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by 247frolic(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Few days after Kaduna state governor, Nasir El Rufai, forwarded a bill to the state House of Assembly, stating that religious leaders in the state will have to obtain a one year license to preach in the state, an Edo state based pastor and the Senior Pastor of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM), Apostle Johnson Suleiman, called on the governor to revoke the bill now or die.

According to Suleiman, El Rufai has no right to regulate the activities of religious leaders when he has not regulated the activities of traditionalist in the state. He said before he, El Rufai, became governor, they were men of God and that they will still remain men of God when he leaves office.

"I want to warn the governor of Kaduna state. Many times I have read in the papers how he abused Jesus and Christians came after him. He said that they are joking that Nothing can happen. I am talking to you, Kaduna Governor. Listen, I am not against sanitizing a state but you say people should get licence for preaching; it is not applicable in Nigeria. Even a herbalist does not get a license for practicing herbalism. When you say license for preaching, then you are standing against the constitution that says freedom of worship. I have no problem, we can test powers now. There are certain laws that cannot happen in this country. Not when Nigeria is under God. If need be, over this matter, heaven will intervene. I am saying this specifically to the executive governor of Kaduna, revoke this law or die!"he said

Read what the bill is about below...

The Religious Regulation Bill, designed to replace the Religious Regulation Edict of 1984, is geared towards regulating Christianity and Islam as it seeks to create an inter-faith Ministerial Committee to be appointed by the governor and exercise control over Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, and the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN. Highpoints of the bill include:
*The ministerial committee shall issue licenses to religious bodies.
*Without such licenses, you cannot preach.
*No external preacher can preach in Kaduna without a permit.
*The committee has the power to refuse to issue licenses No criteria are given as to what will qualify one to have a license issued to him or for one to be denied a license.

The bill empowers JNI and CAN to keep records of churches and mosques including data of preachers. The law criminalizes the use of religious CDs, flash drive and other communication gadgets except in churches, mosques or other places of worship or personal houses. The implication is that you cannot listen to Christian tapes in your car or at any place except your house and in a church.

If you preach without a license, you are guilty of an offence punishable by two years imprisonment. If you hold any Christian gathering even in a church and use loud speaker (microphone) after 8.00 p.m, you are guilty of an offence punishable with two years imprisonment.

If you listen to a message in your car, you are guilty of an offence punishable by two years imprisonment. If you hold a crusade or any programme or any other kind of programme and use a loudspeaker at the said programme as long as it is not a church, you are guilty of an offence punishable by two years imprisonment.

The bill criminalizes the abuse of religious books and makes it punishable by two years imprisonment. (It does not define what ‘abuse of religious books’ mean. It criminalizes the use of derogatory terms in describing any religion and makes it punishable by two years imprisonment. It does not define what ‘use of derogatory terms in describing any religion’ means.)

Every preacher will have to obtain one year license (renewable every year) or risk two years imprisonment. If you invite any external preacher (i.e. preacher from outside Kaduna State), such a person must be licensed for the duration of his/her stay and the body issuing the license has the right to reject the external preacher if it feels he is not qualified to preach in the state.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/03/revoke-your-anti-preaching-bill-or-die.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by geesilver(m): 11:36am On Mar 14, 2016
this one serious o
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by hungryboy(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2016
Wetin dis Pastor dey feel like sef?,
Because you chop nairabet one time no mean say you don become expert gambler oh,
If na so you get anointing, why you never kill all boko are rams, rescue the chibok girls come house?

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2016
EL RUFAI IS A 'BEAST'.

2 Likes

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Osakah24(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2016
El Rufai and Apostle Suleman,oya. ROUND ONE FIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2016
Though you re my elder sis pastor, but i still feel you boast and talk too much and you should SHUT UP. This is the same el rufai you boast can never become gov of Kaduna state, but despite your boasting, he didnt only won, but he won with a wide margin. Now you are again boasting he is going to die. If we are to act according to what you first said, then it means el rufai would last above 100yrs. What el rufai is doing in Kaduna is nothing compare to what i would do in Edo State under your nose when my dream of becoming gov one day come to pass. I know it would one day come to pass because it has already been destined.

Once again, THUMBS UP MALAM NASIR EL RUFAI

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by 1freshdude: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2016
Nice performance by Pastor Sule, next he will ask his congregation to tap into the blessings...osusu go dey flow.
He should forget about El'rufai because that one no send am. El'rufai fell illegal structures in ABJ including churches amid legal battles and more serious threat..Pastor Sule is a joker if he thinks El'rufai will be bothered by this show.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by mrvitalis(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2016
Smh I don't blame this so called men of God. If I ever get to rule this country they will call me the anti christ.
What is wrong with the bill?
That's the world best practice... Can u go to new York city or London and preach anyhow??

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by eposho: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2016
this pastor/cleric SULEIMAN is a joke. religion that don't pay tax to run skul/roads/hospital etc trying to legislate for those that pay.
place your yeye course and lets see, hell rufai don't SEND, shogbo.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Wazobia12(m): 11:53am On Mar 14, 2016
What a joke, as a christian even me am not scared for El Rufai talkless of him a muslim. And come to think of it why is d socalled man of God twisting the law i have read excerpts from it and i got to understand it is mainly against the shiites and other extreme islamic teachers from spearheading any unnecessary agitation and ofcos to keep the overzealous men of God from causing noise polution. Where did the law say "christians" funny enough the governor wont take back that law and he wont die but still d followers will come and explain to us dat el rufau must have died but doesn't know yet cos for all they know their god of man cant lie. Mtcheeewww
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by seunmsg(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Someone should please tell this fake pastor Sulaiman to shut the fvck up. Ordinary to prophesy the winner of the last presidential election, he goofed big time. Now, he's attacking El Rufai for no reason. He should limit his attention seeking prophecies to his gullible church members.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by boujaye: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2016
El Rufai, your days are numbered? But I want Nigerians to know that it is Buhari's secret agenda of Islamization of the country. Remember, initially, they wanted to use a moslem-moslem candidate for APC presidential election, but feared that it will be too obvious and they will fail in the election and they handpicked a man that has no say, that can easily be bullied, as a vice president. What they are doing is testing how it will go and El Rufai has taken the bold step to start the test-run, and later, other states will join them. But the God that answereth by fire, is still alive.
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Lalasticlala what do you think about Suleman threat? Does it trouble's your heart?
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by boujaye: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
KINGinVAHALA2:
Though you re my elder sis pastor, but i still feel you boast and talk too much and you should SHUT UP. This is the same el rufai you boast can never become gov of Kaduna state, but despite your boasting, he didnt only won, but he won with a wide margin. Now you are again boasting he is going to die. If we are to act according to what you first said, then it means el rufai would last above 100yrs. What el rufai is doing in Kaduna is nothing compare to what i would do in Edo State under your nose when my dream of becoming gov one day come to pass. I know it would one day come to pass because it has already been destined.

Once again, THUMBS UP MALAM NASIR EL RUFAI
Stop that trash you are spewing! That is the problem Christians have, fighting themselves and becoming slaves to other faithfuls, how many times have you seen or read a moslem brother countering an Imam?. What is your stake in what El Rufai is doing is what you should be commenting on and not insulting the man of God. Whether the prophecies comes to pass or not is non of your business, do you know what transpired in between? Its of God to fulfill prophecies and not man. But remember, God is a righteous God and a very jealous God in deed.
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by eposho: 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
boujaye:
El Rufai, your days are numbered? But I want Nigerians to know that it is Buhari's secret agenda of Islamization of the country. Remember, initially, they wanted to use a moslem-moslem candidate for APC presidential election, but feared that it will be too obvious and they will fail in the election and they handpicked a man that has no say, that can easily be bullied, as a vice president. What they are doing is testing how it will go and El Rufai has taken the bold step to start the test-run, and later, other states will join them. But the God that answereth by fire, is still alive.
bla bl;a bla bla bla bla,
you don't determine life, GOD that answereth by fire was no where when Christians were killed in the north defenceless against marauding
boko haram? abi.

1 Like

Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Feranchek(m): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
El Rufai gan.....
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by boujaye: 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
eposho:

bla bl;a bla bla bla bla,
you don't determine life, GOD that answereth by fire was no where when Christians were killed in the north defenceless against marauding
boko haram? abi.
It does not matter what you think or imagine about the Almighty God, He is just too much for any logic or philosophy of men to behold, and I repeat without mincing words, God that answereth by fire will answer.
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
boujaye:
Stop that trash you are spewing! That is the problem Christians have, fighting themselves and becoming slaves to other faithfuls, how many times have you seen or read a moslem brother countering an Imam?. What is your stake in what El Rufai is doing is what you should be commenting on and not insulting the man of God. Whether the prophecies comes to pass or not is non of your business, do you know what transpired in between? Its of God to fulfill prophecies and not man. But remember, God is a righteous God and a very jealous God in deed.
Am not gonna reply you the way you expect. I knw you so well as a sympathiser nd supporter of pdp and wike. Its people like u dat celebrate whenever Wike and his vikings boys kill apc members but form victim when el rufai bans noise all in the name of religion. Isnt that hypocracy?
Re: Revoke Your Anti-preaching Bill Or Die- Pastor Suleiman Tells El Rufai by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
boujaye:
TRASH!

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government / Accept Defeat And Go, Allow Me To Concentrate – Wike To Amaechi / 10 Categories Of People That Regularly Patronize Babalawo's For Help (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.