Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government (1318 Views)

Your Committee On Restructuring Has No Igbo Leader – Muslim Group Blasts APC / Fayose Blasts Buhari, APC And Magu On AIT Today / Rivers Rerun: Governor Wike Says INEC Was Not Prepared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by BossWike(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has blasted the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of President Muhammadu Buhari for “the open display of contempt for free, fair and transparent election.”

Raising the alarm over the fate of democracy in Nigeria, the governor noted that the APC-led government is capable of setting Nigeria on the path of anarchy.

Premium Times reports that Fayose made a statement reacting to rerun election held in Rivers state on Saturday, March 19.
In a statement made by his special assistant on public communications and new media, Lere Olayinka, the governor accused security agencies in the state of harassing, intimidating and even killing members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking about the alleged discovery of fake Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) result sheets in some local government areas, he stressed: “Rivers state is 100 % PDP, and any attempt to subvert the will of the people will be counter-productive.”

According to him, the INEC under President Buhari has destroyed
“legacy of free, fair and transparent elections bequeathed on Nigeria by the PDP government of former president Goodluck Jonathan.”

“It is strange that INEC produced results sheets with PDP omitted, and I wonder what is going to happen in 2019 if INEC and security agents are acting in this clear compromised manner in Rivers state.”

“From reports that I have heard, Rivers state is under siege. I have seen pictures of people killed and I have seen pictures of INEC result sheets with PDP omitted. Most importantly, I have read reports of top functionaries of PDP and Rivers state government either abducted by unknown gunmen or arrested by the security agents. What all these portend for our democracy is danger!” he stressed.

Fayose noted that the current situation in Rivers shows how desperately the APC wants to take over power in all 36 states of Nigeria.
“Curiously, those who went on the rooftops to condemn the involvement of soldiers in the Ekiti governorship election and even went to court to stop soldiers from taking part in elections are silent now.
“They have failed to realise that if all noble men should keep silent and get cowed by this rampaging beast that is ready to consume democracy and rule of law in Nigeria, ordinary Nigerians will sooner than later end up in the belly of the beast,” he said.

Meanwhile, the ongoing violence in Rivers state seems not to be nearing its end as a youth corp member has been killed.
The PDP alleged that the corp member was killed in the house of the APCdeputy governorship candidate, Asita O. Asita.
Following cases of violence and irregularities, the INEC postponed elections in Khana, Gokana, Andoni and Bonny local government areas of the state.

https://www.naij.com/770445-rivers-rerun-fayose-lashes-buhari-apc-government.html

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by domopps(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
Actor Fayose is @it again....

Ride on comedian Fayose we always love your comic acts!

Cheeeers
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by victorD3: 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
There is a special place in heaven for people like Fayose who always says it the way it is no matter what.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by Bugatie(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
domopps:

Cheeeers

On point

Elections in the country was never like this during the past administration. Jonathan did better with regards to free and peaceful elections.

The Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers state elections are all disappointing with the level of violence involved.

If it's like this, one wonders how the general election will be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by BossWike(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
That's our hero... The fearless one!

Buhari is a satanic dullard tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by Krossbow123: 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
I wonder If APC will concede defeat come 2019
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by BossWike(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
domopps:

Cheeeers

Zombie, u should be in a mourning mood now as u have been disgraced out of Rivers state tongue

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by BossWike(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
Krossbow123:
I wonder If APC will concede defeat come 2019

Don't worry by then there won't be any Ubama, it is Trump all the way... Hope u knw what that means cheesy

APC will be roasted alive

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by domopps(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
BossWike:

Zombie, u should be in a mourning mood now as u have been disgraced out of Rivers state tongue

I can't rem when I became a politician and contested in Rivers state to amount to my disgrace .....

Plus this year and beyond me and my family shall not have any course to Mourn IJN......

And for your information God has said his gona curse those who that curses me and bless the ones that blesses..........so best of luck

Cheeeeers
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by BossWike(m): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
domopps:

I can't rem when I became a politician and contested in Rivers state to amount to my disgrace .....

Plus this year and beyond me and my family shall not have any course to Mourn IJN......

And for your information God has said his gona curse those who that curses me and bless the ones that blesses..........so best of luck

Cheeeeers

You are a joker
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by domopps(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
Bugatie:

On point

Elections in the country was never like this during the past administration. Jonathan did better with regards to free and peaceful elections.

The Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers state elections are all disappointing with the level of violence involved.

If it's like this, one wonders how the general election will be.

Boss more than 25 ppl died in 2015 general election in Rivers state alone more than than 6 APC party loyalist were kidnap and till 2day no one knows their whereabt! It was so bad to the extent that Amechi calls for cancellation of rivers state but because PDP recorded above 1.5M vote PDP stood their ground but thank God for God and for the wisdom he gave to JEGA back then !

And Kogi violence was not 4 party but tribe cos they always have issue of Zoning Audu won d election outrightly dead and alive!

But Bayelsa truth be told I don't really no anything abt the politics over their!

See the problem is more than who is ruling or a party! Some ppl just feel they would be more benefited when certain things are done in their ways but I don't blame those politicians or Political parties I blame those miscreants that are ready 2 lay their lives 4 some1 that does nt value their lives the power they are craving for !

I support Buhari but am not a zombie! I support Apc but don't support corruption ! And I support this present regime but sentiment, Hatred, Bigotry, and selfishness has not clouded my judgment !

Cheeeeeeers
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by Bugatie(m): 11:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
domopps:

Boss more than 25 ppl died in 2015 general election in Rivers state alone more than than 6 APC party loyalist were kidnap and till 2day no one knows their whereabt! It was so bad to the extent that Amechi calls for cancellation of rivers state but because PDP recorded above 1.5M vote PDP stood their ground but thank God for God and for the wisdom he gave to JEGA back then !

And Kogi violence was not 4 party but tribe cos they always have issue of Zoning Audu won d election outrightly dead and alive!

But Bayelsa truth be told I don't really no anything abt the politics over their!

See the problem is more than who is ruling or a party! Some ppl just feel they would be more benefited when certain things are done in their ways but I don't blame those politicians or Political parties I blame those miscreants that are ready 2 lay their lives 4 some1 that does nt value their lives the power they are craving for !

I support Buhari but am not a zombie! I support Apc but don't support corruption ! And I support this present regime but sentiment, Hatred, Bigotry, and selfishness has not clouded my judgment !

Cheeeeeeers

I admire your independent mind compared to most zombies, but it's simply APC's desperation that's causing the violence here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by nedumhenry(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
That means the forthcoming general election will be brutal. Change indeed !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by Walspring: 1:06am On Mar 20, 2016
Oh Lord arise in your thine anger and destory any politicians with their generation that does not want our nation Nigeria to move forward in the name of Jesus. Amen
Re: Rivers Rerun: Governor Fayose Blasts Apc-led Government by Mynd44: 6:35am On Mar 20, 2016

(1)

Jonathan Plan To Christianize Nigeria Fails (pic) / Difference In Commodity Prices Between GEJ And Buhari's Govt.(photos) / Be Motivated Today....it's Not Always How Far But How Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.