Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States (57142 Views)

New Visa Policy For Nigerians Traveling To Indonesia, NDLEA To Be Involved / Indonesia's New Visa Policy For Nigerians / New Visa Rules To Work And Study In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by lakesidew2: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
All those rules go change if Trump becomes the next US Presido.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Harmored(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
I think am loving this

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by BLWeb: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Is it confirmed?

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by ojeota(f): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
USA is seriously trying to develop their country technologically.
Good one for USA.

2 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by loomer: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Na brazilians kuku dey full countries as international students
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by MzMercie: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Make sense grin
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by mike404(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
THE LIKES OF AGARAWU AND MADRIDGUY WEY DEY SHOUT DEATH TO AMERICA GO SOON START TO DEY APPLY BUT TRUST EMPEROR TRUMP. OHIO PRIMARY LOADING.......
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Ndaadama: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Cool
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
My Bros, don't be like EgunMogaji oko Afusa and get sucked in.

Get your degree and get out quick.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by SaAbbas(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
That's sound good
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Tpave(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Only science graduates undecided undecided They want to use their fresh brains for their countries development. At least the graduates will not loose either.

3 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by applemark: 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
UK are always the opposite! its about what they can gain from you and not vice versa! hope my employers are not on NL

3 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by ajebuter(f): 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
USA wise pass king solomon walahi.

They train you in science, technology and medical courses, lure you with offer of employment they know you won't get elsewhere

Then prevent you from using your acquired knowledge to improve your third world country so your compatriots continue to come to US for services in the field in which you have become a professional and thus taking money from your citizens while you erroniously think America is doing you a big favor giving you a job.

But knowing us, we will jump at the offer.

Honestly, I don't blame us sha, our country is bleeped up.

Naija ile!

19 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Chei!Seeing this just made me realize that UK was a total waste of my time and MONEY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
oribi:
Donald Trump is coming grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin the people's nightmare

2 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by olajorn(m): 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is a good news...a very good news
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
Tpave:
Only science graduates undecided undecided They want to use their fresh brains for their countries development.
I tell you. A very very sensible country not like this shi.t hole called Nigeria. I wonder when Nigeria will become a "developing country". Country is just going from bad to worse

7 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by olajorn(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
mike404:
THE LIKES OF AGARAWU AND MADRIDGUY WEY DEY SHOUT DEATH TO AMERICA GO SOON START TO DEY APPLY BUT TRUST EMPEROR TRUMP. OHIO PRIMARY LOADING.......
trump is just blabbing...lol,America that's crazy,he can't deport anyone that is undocumented
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by abumeinben(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
flexxyworld:
Every single comment was on FP and FTC back too back, iyalaya anybody..

Goood news indeed, nice one! Nigeria still a long way ahead.. God bless naija

Oya collect popcorn

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by kayzeesoft(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
mystic70563:
well, it good..i really wish that i could go to america to see those things i watch on tv
All your aspirations and inspirations shall be fulfil ijn. Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by ziggy3579: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
Nice one USA, we go show face soon grin

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by kechywillz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
that country make sense die,am gon be there sooner or later. Shizzy ma nigga huhh!!

4 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by KELVIN086: 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:
My Bros, don't be like EgunMogaji oko Afusa and get sucked in.

Get your degree and get out quick.
Sir what do you mean, are u saying the US is not a good place to work after studying.

2 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
KELVIN086:

Sir what do you mean, are u saying the US is not a good place to work after studying.

It is a very good place to work BUT I just think that coming home right away and getting traction is better.

I wish I had done that.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Trump and his fellow immigrant-bashing supporters are gonna have sleepless nights because of this new rule. grin
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by AdultMaleNegro(m): 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Enjoy it while it last. Trump is coming grin

2 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by guiddoti: 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
uh make i go dust my certy, phD here I com
uk crash program don chop my money
grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by preetyb(f): 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
Oh how i wish
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Harmony222(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Lovely
shoro niyen?
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Harmony222(m): 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Lovely
shoro niyen?
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by theEYe21(f): 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Eh! who no like better tin. U.S and Canada are 2 of the major countries with opportunities for International Student. Hope this is true sha. Life is good unlike Nigeria
fighal:
International students now have the opportunity to work for three years after completing their education in United States.
The United States federal government changed rules for non-immigrant student visas on Friday, saying that international students will now be eligible to stay for three years after finishing their degrees for training potentially leading to employment and later Green Card.
This makes United States one of the best countries to study abroad when compared to other countries, like United Kingdom, which does not offer employment opportunities to International Students after completing their degrees.
This opportunity will be available for students who will complete their degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
The new rule is seven months longer than old 17 month rule and will come in to effect on May 10, 2016. Extended time period will provide a successful transition from being an International Student to be an full-time American worker.
International students will have opportunity to try different jobs and discover how industry professionals across different sectors launched their careers in United States.
Here are some important points:
Only students who earned a degree from a school accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency and certified by SEVP may apply for a STEM OPT extension.
Participating students who receive an additional qualifying degree from an accredited college or university can apply for a second STEM OPT extension.
Participating students can use a previously-earned qualifying degree to apply for a STEM OPT extension. The prior degree must not have already formed the basis of a STEM OPT extension and must be from a school that is both accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency and certified by SEVP at the time of the student’s STEM OPT application. The student’s most recent degree must also be from an accredited and SEVP-certified institution.
Employers participating in STEM OPT must incorporate a formal training program that includes concrete learning objectives with proper oversight.
Employers and students must report material changes in their training program.
To guard against adverse effects on U.S. workers, terms and conditions of a student’s training opportunity – such as duties, hours, and compensation – must be on par with U.S. workers in similar positions in the same geographic area of employment. Additionally, the student must not replace a full-time, part-time, temporary or permanent U.S. worker.
Students must work a minimum of 20 hours per week per employer to qualify.
Students are permitted a limited period of unemployment during the initial period of post-completion OPT and the STEM OPT extension.
All STEM OPT employers must participate in DHS’ E-Verify program.
Three years is a long time and International Students will learn more about the American job market and gain valuable and practical tips on establishing a career in United State.
Most students find full-time job with a year after completing their degree and change their visa to H1-B, and later apply to Green-Card, which allows them to become American citizens.

source: http://www.scholarship-positions.com/blog/new-visa-rule-study-work-united-states/201603/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.