Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States (57141 Views)

New Visa Policy For Nigerians Traveling To Indonesia, NDLEA To Be Involved / Indonesia's New Visa Policy For Nigerians / New Visa Rules To Work And Study In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by armyofone(m): 4:44am On Mar 15, 2016
grin Emperor Trump is already on his way to the white house. There is nothing anyone can do about it. It is either him or Cruz.
Moana:
grin you better make sure they do not vote for Trump otherwise thats the end of it
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by ojeota(f): 5:24am On Mar 15, 2016
piagetskinner:

Y mean add to their technological prowess.. Because I think the word "trying" shouldn't even be used..

They are already technologically developed

Got it.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Domnick(m): 6:11am On Mar 15, 2016
mystic70563:
well, it good..i really wish that i could go to america to see those things i watch on tv
Why can't you go there
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by megaik: 6:38am On Mar 15, 2016
Wonderful. ..
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by claremont(m): 6:39am On Mar 15, 2016
''https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/03/11/2016-04828/improving-and-expanding-training-opportunities-for-f-1-nonimmigrant-students-with-stem-degrees-and
SUMMARY

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is amending its F-1 nonimmigrant student visa regulations on optional practical training (OPT) for certain students with degrees in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) from U.S. institutions of higher education. Specifically, the final rule allows such F-1 STEM students who have elected to pursue 12 months of OPT in the United States to extend the OPT period by 24 months (STEM OPT extension). This 24-month extension effectively replaces the 17-month STEM OPT extension previously available to certain STEM students. The rule also improves and increases oversight over STEM OPT extensions by, among other things, requiring the implementation of formal training plans by employers, adding wage and other protections for STEM OPT students and U.S. workers, and allowing extensions only to students with degrees from accredited schools. As with the prior 17-month STEM OPT extension, the rule authorizes STEM OPT extensions only for students employed by employers who participate in E-Verify. The rule also includes the “Cap-Gap” relief first introduced in a 2008 DHS regulation for any F-1 student with a timely filed H-1B petition and request for change of status.''

So effectively, this rule was in existence before as a 17 month extension for specific STEM students, it has now been extended by another 7 months to be a total of 24 month extension. The poor way the thread was started would make people believe that a whole 24 month extension just has been granted to STEM students.

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by cardoctor(m): 8:14am On Mar 15, 2016
America, the land of dreams.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by hartson(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2016
Adeniyimi:
US my foot...... After collecting all your money they will now employ u as a labourer. And after paying rent , food and other stuff your bank account will be $100.

thats correct,always finding opportunity to exploit people.We haven't seen the hidden agenda of all of it until it stories that touch the heart begins to fly here and there in NL
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Sylverbox(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2016
mystic70563:
well, it good..i really wish that i could go to america to see those things i watch on tv
Nothing is impossible....work and oray.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by toprealman: 9:20am On Mar 15, 2016
mystic70563:
lol....most of them Na film trick oh
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by toprealman: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2016
meanwhile UK is planning to repatriate immigrants earning less than £35K from next month.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by theEYe21(f): 9:43am On Mar 15, 2016
You don't need a U.K visa to go to the U.K once you have a U.S passport. Do your research.
EgunMogaji:

You'll be surprised as to how irrelevant that US green card is as long as it's accompanied by a Nigerian passport.

You'll still need a visa to enter ordinary UK as an example. I mean who will run to UK from US?
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by wilkinsonuk: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2016
This is the good news for us. More better if can create nest thread about on list who are welcome foreign student about mentioned subjects.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Ravenna: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Can't wait to visit the Trump towers.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
theEYe21:
You don't need a U.K visa to go to the U.K once you have a U.S passport. Do your research.

Hey TwinkleToes, you said US green card and not US passport.

With ordinary green card you still need your Nigerian passport to travel. Green card is not a travel document but proof of US legal work permit and residency.

Never ever try to ever coach me on US immigration ever again.

Research ko, rasaki ni.

theEYe21:
At least when you get your green card you can use it to travel to most places in the world without visas unlike naija passport

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Kakamorufu(m): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oluwa show me the way!! Matsers and CSWIP, NDT.. Make i just see money. I go praise you ooo
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by mickey45: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
oribi:
Donald Trump is coming grin grin grin grin grin grin

you're right but just as this amendment didn't take a day in coming, I don't think any alteration trump has in mind will happen in a day and that's if he the stats on what the fed's gains from this doesn't make him change his mind.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 01, 2016
Hi pals. I'm a graduate of Nursing Science ( BNSc, RN) I'm yet to serve though(nysc) But the problem now is that I have always nursed the idea of joining my cousin in the Uk after nysc. But of recent, they young man who happens to be my constituency representative (Federal Reps) came to our house to pay a courtesy visit to my dad. (My dad thought him in primary six and registered him for his first school living certificate exam, because he was very brilliant. A gesture he normally do then as a young teacher) So when he came visiting, he saw an enlarged pic of my sister that was hanging on the sitting room, he asked my dad about my sisters whereabout and my dad told him that my sister is serving but about to round up (she has now rounded up)
He told my dad to tell her to apply for the ongoing police recruitment which my sister has done. He strongly promised to be of help. In my own case, my dad told him about me, my course, school, class of degree etc. He proposed a lecturing job for me. He was too serious to meet whoever that perfected the thing in a glance. He called my dad yesterday that I should go to the school and meet my H.O.D.
I went to they school today and my H.O.D.told me that I have been approved to be a graduate assistant after nysc or I should go for my masters first and be an assistant lecturer. The issue is that I want to travel to UK and make it big with my Nursing degree. I have not seen a lecturer that rides Range Rover sports car and its like and I want to be among the Range Rover Sports guys. WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW NAIRALANDERS?

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by dasparrow: 5:20pm On May 01, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

Hi pals.
I'm a graduate of Nursing Science
( BNSc, RN)
I'm yet to serve though(nysc)
But the problem now is that I have
always nursed the idea of joining my
cousin in the Uk after nysc.
But of recent, they young man who
happens to be my constituency
representative (Federal Reps) came to
our house to pay a courtesy visit to
my dad. (My dad thought him in
primary six and registered him for his
first school living certificate exam,
because he was very brilliant. A
gesture he normally do then as a
young teacher)
So when he came visiting, he saw an
enlarged pic of my sister that was
hanging on the sitting room, he asked
my dad about my sisters whereabout
and my dad told him that my sister is
serving but about to round up (she
has now rounded up)

He told my dad to tell her to apply for
the ongoing police recruitment which
my sister has done.
He strongly promised to be of help.
In my own case, my dad told him
about me, my course, school, class of
degree etc.
He proposed a lecturing job for me.
He was too serious to meet whoever
that perfected the thing in a glance.
He called my dad yesterday that I
should go to the school and meet my
H.O.D.

I went to they school today and my
H.O.D.told me that I have been
approved to be a graduate assistant
after nysc or I should go for my
masters first and be an assistant
lecturer.
The issue is that I want to travel to UK
and make it big with my Nursing
degree.
I have not seen a lecturer that rides
Range Rover sports car and its like
and I want to be among the Range
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

Okay, you want to go to the UK on what visa precisely? Are you a citizen of the UK? First of all, if you choose to go to the UK on a student visa, be advised that after you complete your studies, you will not be allowed to work like is the case in USA and Canada. You are expected to return back home immediately you complete your studies. That is the new rule.

You want to make it big with your nursing degree from a university in Nigeria? Hmm....Good luck with that. You may have to take go through some additional training and sit for some licensing exams before you can work as as nurse in the UK.

Do you have a UK employer that will file for a work authorization for you? If you don't, how do you plan to work LEGALLY in the UK and make it big in the process?

The UK wants to start sending people who are legally allowed to work in the UK but who make less that 35,000 pounds back to their home countries if they are not originally from one of the countries that are part of the European Union. So, Africans, Asians, and other non-European union citizens who are earning less than 35,000 pounds are about to be sent packing from the UK even though they have the right to work and live in the UK. Is that the kind of country you want to start going to?

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes. I will take the lecturing job for now. Then work and start saving money. Meanwhile, wait and see how things go in USA with the elections and shortly after because life can change in USA depending on who wins the elections. Then when you think you have saved a substantial amount of money, you can then try to apply for a student visa to USA or Canada. You can go for your Masters in Nursing and get licensed. Once you have that done, you can work, make that money and work towards getting your permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

You can't just automatically get a job overseas in many of these advanced countries with a Nigerian nursing university degree. You may be asked to go for additional training and sit for their licensing exams before you can become a practicing nurse. And even at that, you will need a work authorization before you will be allowed to work. So, its a process.

In my opinion Canada and perhaps USA is a better option than UK but work first in Nigeria and save money before you leave Nigeria. I won't discourage anyone from leaving Nigeria because the country is only going to get worse but know what you are doing before you leave the shores of Nigeria. Do your research so you don't end up stuck abroad with no money and in a worse situation than the one you left behind. This is my sincere advice to you.

1 Like

Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 01, 2016
dasparrow:

Okay, you want to go to the UK on what visa precisely? Are you a citizen of the UK? First of all, if you choose to go to the UK on a student visa, be advised that after you complete your studies, you will not be allowed to work like is the case in USA and Canada. You are expected to return back home immediately you complete your studies. That is the new rule.

You want to make it big with your nursing degree from a university in Nigeria? Hmm....Good luck with that. You may have to take go through some additional training and sit for some licensing exams before you can work as as nurse in the UK.

Do you have a UK employer that will file for a work authorization for you? If you don't, how do you plan to work LEGALLY in the UK and make it big in the process?

The UK wants to start sending people who are legally allowed to work in the UK but who make less that 35,000 pounds back to their home countries if they are not originally from one of the countries that are part of the European Union. So, Africans, Asians, and other non-European union citizens who are earning less than 35,000 pounds are about to be sent packing from the UK even though they have the right to work and live in the UK. Is that the kind of country you want to start going to?

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes. I will take the lecturing job for now. Then work and start saving money. Meanwhile, wait and see how things go in USA with the elections and shortly after because life can change in USA depending on who wins the elections. Then when you think you have saved a substantial amount of money, you can then try to apply for a student visa to USA or Canada. You can go for your Masters in Nursing and get licensed. Once you have that done, you can work, make that money and work towards getting your permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

You can't just automatically get a job overseas in many of these advanced countries with a Nigerian nursing university degree. You may be asked to go for additional training and sit for their licensing exams before you can become a practicing nurse. And even at that, you will need a work authorization before you will be allowed to work. So, its a process.

In my opinion Canada and perhaps USA is a better option than UK but work first in Nigeria and save money before you leave Nigeria. I won't discourage anyone from leaving Nigeria because the country is only going to get worse but know what you are doing before you leave the shores of Nigeria. Do your research so you don't end up stuck abroad with no money and in a worse situation than the one you left behind. This is my sincere advice to you.
Thanks a million bro.
I really appreciate
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by ednut1(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

Thanks a million bro.
I really appreciate
how u wan get work permit nurses in London dont even use a range rovers too
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2016
Success is from God
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by Kennetheno: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2023
Good day and Happy New Month
I'm currently residing in Nigeria and a Nigerian citizen as well, I'm at the verge of being offered a job at the United States but my potential employer is asking that I get a temporary I-551 stamp on my Nigerian passport or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa. Attached with this mail is the document sent to me by my potential employer with what is required of me encircled. Please can anyone guide me on how to go about this and what are the requirements needed for me to attain this status.
Thank you so much as I look forward to prompt and favourable response.
Re: New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2023
Please can someone tell me how much a masters degree program would cost in USA?

Is the process of getting the admission strenuous or easy?

Please I'll appreciate it if someone could answer me these questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.