Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud (26903 Views)

Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) / Nenadi Usman Down With Breast Cancer, Begs Court To Travel / Viola Onwuliri's Son Beats Wife, Locks Her Up In The Bathroom - Pointblanknews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2016

Investigators at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said Monday they had uncovered evidence showing how prominent politicians, mostly from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, allegedly shared N3.145billion in the build up to the 2015 presidential election.
Named in the alleged bazaar are a former aviation minister and director of media for the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign organization, Femi Fani-kayode; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and leader of the Social Democratic Party, Olu Falae; a former finance minister, Nenadi Usman; a former Imo state governor, Achike Udenwa; former minister of state for foreign affairs, Viola Onwuliri and politician Okey Ezenwa

A source at the anti-graft agency, who pleaded not to be named because he was not authorized to speak on the matter, told PREMIUM TIMES the money was paid by the Central Bank Nigeria into the account of the Ministry of External Affairs’ Library, from where it was moved into the account of a private firm, Joint Trust Dimension Nigeria Limited.
“It was from the Joint Dimension’s account with Zenith Bank that the money was shared to various individuals and organizations for purposes that are not stated,” the source said.
The source described Mr. Fani-Kayode as the chief beneficiary of the disbursement, allegedly receiving a N840million, paid in three tranches into his Zenith Bank, Maitama branch, with number 1004735721.
The first tranche of payment involving N350million reportedly hit the account on February 19, 2015.
Fani kayode discharged Achike Udenwa nenadi-usman
Viola Onwuliri Olu Falae
Another N250milion was also said to have been paid into the account on February 19, 2015 while N240million moved into the account a month later, precisely on March 19, 2015.

The source disclosed that the balance on this account as at December 31, 2015 was N189, 402.72.
Next to Mr. Fani-Kayode in the pecking order of alleged beneficiaries was Goodluck Support Group which allegedly received N320million. The group was headed by Rufai Alkali, a professor and then special adviser on political matters to Mr. Jonathan
Mr Falae, investigators said, received N100m through Marreco Limited, a company which board he chairs.
The fund was credited into the company’s United Bank for Africa Plc account No. 1000627022 on March 25, 2014.
Both former Governor Udenwa and ex-Minister Onwuliri got N350million in two tranches. The first tranche of N150million was paid into their joint account with Zenith bank on January 13, 2015.
The second tranche of N200miilion was paid into their account with Diamond bank.
Nenadi Usman allegedly received N36.9million through her Zenith Bank account no. 1000158311. Her branch of Zenith Bank is located at 7 Kachia Road, Kaduna, investigators said.
The coordinator of the Jonathan/ Sambo 2015 presidential campaign in Anambra state, Okey Ezenwa, is said to have received N100million.
The sources disclosed that detectives were working to determine the real motive for the distribution of the funds.
“But as things stand, the fact that most of the payments were made in the weeks preceding the last presidential election leaves very little to the imagination,” an investigator said.
When contacted by PREMIUM TIMES, Mr. Fani-Kayode said the funds were paid into his account by Nenadi Usman, who was director of finance of the Goodluck Jonathan campaign.
“The campaign asked me to open an account for my campaign directorate, which I did,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said. “They then paid the money in for the assignment I was given. I asked them where the money came from. They said it was from private contribution for the Jonathan campaign. I believed them, and I had no way of knowing exactly where the money came from.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was campaign funds, and the money was used for the purpose for which it was meant. And we accounted for it to the man who gave us a job to do, President Jonathan.”
Mrs Usman could not be reached for comments. Her telephone was switched off the several times our reporter called.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200159-fani-kayode-falae-udenwa-nenadi-onwuliri-named-in-alleged-n3-145billion-fraud.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
am loving this EFCC.

ipob youths be like...

...Buhari is a weekENd man.

145 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by mynd1(f): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by OlujobaSamuel: 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
it's a lie, ffk no fit collect such pmb must be a winkend man. send all the yam eaters to the gallows abeg. God punish devil

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by psucc(m): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
I have a thought.

How comes that all the investigations carried out only carry the names of those left in PDP even when it is obvious that most of the 'saints' in APC made a last minute crossover.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by OlujobaSamuel: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
mynd1:
Good.
are you mynd44 mother, wife, daughter, girlfriend, concubine, grandmother or what?
wetin you be?

3 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Abagworo(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
psucc:
I have a thought.

How comes that all the investigations carried out only carry the names of those left in PDP even when it is obvious that most of the 'saints' in APC made a last minute crossover.

Because most of those that left PDP did so after rejecting the money.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by crownwealth: 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
APC dishing out one propaganda on top another to cover their shame and unclothedness of laxity and stupidity in governance.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by crownwealth: 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
psucc:
I have a thought.

If any man be in APC, he is a new creature, old loot has been forgiven they can now refresh to start new looting. - Pastor Osibanjo

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Investigators at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said Monday they have uncovered evidence showing how prominent politicians, mostly from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, allegedly shared N3.145billion in the build up to the last presidential election.

Named in the alleged bazaar are a former aviation minister and director of media for the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign organization, Femi Fani-Kayode; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and leader of the Social Democratic Party, Olu Falae; a former finance minister, Nenadi Usman; a former Imo state governor, Achike Udenwa; former minister of state for foreign affairs, Viola Onwuliri and politician Okey Ezenwa
A source at the anti-graft agency, who pleaded not to be named because he was not authorized to speak on the matter, told PREMIUM TIMES the money was paid by the Central Bank Nigeria into the account of the Ministry of External Affairs Library, from where it was moved into the account of a private firm, Joint Trust Dimension Nigeria Limited.
“It was from the Joint Dimension’s account with Zenith Bank that the money was shared to various individuals and organizations for purposes that are not stated,” the source said.
The sources described Mr. Fani-Kayode was the chief beneficiary of the disbursement as he allegedly received a whooping N840million, paid in three tranches into his Zenith Bank, Maitama branch, with number 1004735721.
The first tranche of payment involving N350million allegedly hit the account on February 19, 2015.
Another N250milion was also said to have been paid into the account on February 19, 2015, while N240million moved into the account a month later, precisely on March 19, 2015.
The source disclosed that the balance on this account as at December 31, 2015, was N189, 402.72.
Next to Fani-Kayode in the pecking order of alleged beneficiaries was Goodluck Support Group, which allegedly received N320million. The group was headed by Rufai Alkali, a professor and then special adviser on political matters to Mr. Jonathan
Mr. Falae, investigators said, received N100m through Marreco Limited, a company whose he chairs.
The fund was credited into the company’s United Bank for Africa Plc account No. 1000627022 on March 25, 2014.
Both Achike Udenwa and Viola Onwuliri got N350million in two tranches. The first tranche of N150million was paid into their joint account with Zenith bank on January 13, 2015.
The second installment of N200miilion has credited to their account with Diamond bank.
Nenadi Usman allegedly received N36.9million through her Zenith Bank account no. 1000158311. Her branch of Zenith Bank is located at 7 Kachia Road, Kaduna.
Coming at the rear is Okey Ezenwa, who also pocketed N100million.
The sources disclosed that detectives are working to determine the real motive for the distribution of the funds.
“But as things stand, the fact that most of the payments were made in the weeks preceding the last presidential elections leaves very little to the imagination,” an investigator said.
When contacted by PREMIUM TIMES, Mr. Fani-Kayode said the funds were paid into his account by Nenadi Usman, who was the director of finance of the Goodluck Jonathan campaign.
The campaign asked me to open an account for my campaign directorate, which I did,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said. “They then paid the money in for the assignment I was given. I asked them where the money came from. They said it was a private contribution for the Jonathan campaign. I believed them, and I had no way of knowing exactly where the money came from.
“As far as I’m concerned, it was campaign funds, and the money was used for the purpose for which it was meant. And we accounted for it to the man who gave us a job to do, President Jonathan.”
Mrs. Usman could not be reached for comments. Her telephone was switched off the several times our reporter called.

www.saharareporters.com/2016/03/14/fani-kayode-falae-udenwa-nenadi-onwuliri-named-alleged-n3145billion-fraud

So Mary Odili brother name dey dia. Okey Ezenwa grin

15 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by otokx(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
Association of Yam Eaters; they should be charged to court immediately.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by yemmynoni: 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
Bad one!! the plane has landed in his house so it can pick him and arrive Abuja to land him in Kuje Prison. Big fish in EFCC net. please greet ex-CDS for me.

9 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by bankoleben(m): 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
When did GEJ become a teacher that he was giving out assignments. First, it was Metuh, and now FFK, and they all carried out the assignment to his satisfaction.

Oh, I forgot GEJ was once a lecturer, no wonder he was giving out assignments. I suspect his marking scheme was cheap though, cos he still lost the election in spite of their satisfactory performance in the 'assignments'.

Well, let's wait and see who else got an assignment from GEJ.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by yemmynoni: 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
To all these idiots commenting anyhow,please shut up! so what about those PDP members that decamped to APC...Tambulwal? Obasanjo? I smell serious witch hunting here! pure anatomy of power politics!...all these won't do us any good,all i've just seen in this president of ours is his travelling hobby and witch hunting capabilities..we shldn't forget Fayemi the current minister of power and ex Ekiti State Govenor who donated 1.5bn naira to Buhari's campaign fund..pls where did he get such enomours amount from??..smh

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by kingbasil: 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2016

If efcc has a case they should take it up with GEJ. Buhari and his cohorts should stop all these time wasting and get to implementing policies that will boost the economy. Peeps are hungry...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
psucc:
I have a thought.

What do you expect? That party like ACN or APGA should be investigated? Put reigned for 16yrs and EFCC is only investigating them. Not that EFCC concentrate only on the federal staffs. . .and since PDP members are the only perpetrators, they have to answer questions regarding their past deed.

6 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by greatiyk4u(m): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
No amount of distraction will obstruct PMB on this journey of restoration..................

When wailers complain of things been hard, I ask are the over 25million unemployed youths abandoned by PDP locust Govt living in affluence before? Or are civil servants not regularly paid their wages?

Buhari is more than a name, it is a movement and an attitude..................May God make me the Buhari of my own time......Amen.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
And when we say the ineffectual buffoon together with his cronies nearly ran this country aground, the evil nairaland wailers call us zombies. Was there anything about the jonathanian regime besides stealing money?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
yemmynoni:
To all these idiots commenting anyhow,please shut
up! so what about those PDP members that
decamped to APC...Tambulwal? Obasanjo? I smell
serious witch hunting here! pure anatomy of
power politics!...all these won't do us any good,all
i've just seen in this president of ours is his
travelling hobby and witch hunting capabilities..we
shldn't forget Fayemi the current minister of
power
and ex Ekiti State Govenor who donated
1.5bn naira to Buhari's campaign fund..pls where
did he get such enomours amount from??..smh

Why are you displaying your ignorance here. Who told u Fayemi is the minister of power? He is the minister of solid minerals Ode. grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by spako4(m): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Some people need to go to jail for their misdeeds.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by cola: 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
Developing

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by ahaz: 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
crownwealth:

If any man be in APC, he is a new creature, old loot has been forgiven they can now refresh to start new looting. - Pastor Osibanjo
gospel according to saint buhari chapter 1vs1

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by rusher14: 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
FFK feigning ignorance with alacrity.

Until it is found that some properties were bought with said funds

7 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by DaBullIT(m): 12:16am On Mar 15, 2016
sweet soup
Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Duru1(m): 1:57am On Mar 15, 2016
The present government of Nigeria cannot be trusted with anything, not even a worthless dirt. The present government is only good at blackmailing and mudslinging.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by Bhella5(m): 2:22am On Mar 15, 2016
EFCC over to you. Food is ready. Btw i think EFCC needs more ad-hoc staff on deck pending when all these will be over.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by naijaking1: 2:24am On Mar 15, 2016
Shameful political acts by EFCC can never go unpunished by history. What's common about all these people
Buhari's political enemies.
That's how to fight corruption!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by CecyAdrian(f): 4:28am On Mar 15, 2016
Time for FFK to get his writing instruments out and give us a theatrical statement regarding this issue. Just can't wait to read it.

6 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by ziccoit: 5:48am On Mar 15, 2016
FFK has been evading justice a long time ago. No court in the land has been able to convict him under the previous governments. This time around, he has no hidden place, the long arm of law and Justice is going to grab him.

Reading some repugnant comments above made me wonder whether we don't have robots already programmed to support this criminals on this forum. Imagine a handful of people dipped their hands into monies belonging to all of us thereby mortgaged your future and making your life miserable yet you still come here to support those criminals. That didn't hard up except those supporters are programmed robots that are not capable of sensible reasoning.

Meanwhile, dey don finish this country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by anonimi: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2016
Duru1:
The present government of Nigeria cannot be trusted with anything, not even a worthless dirt. The present government is only good at blackmailing and mudslinging.

.....and diverting attention away from their FAILED performance.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206797_123416059658074934612735251373255674989745n_jpeg3f66bee59a7668d2d64db8f955e2f137

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3131247_cu55se7vaaaykzj_jpeg8d3b0e22c761643e651e5d09f82d1552

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani-kayode, Falae, Udenwa, Nenadi, Onwuliri In N3.145billion Fraud by anonimi: 6:24am On Mar 15, 2016
crownwealth:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: What Atiku Told Me About Travelling To America – Gbenga Daniel / INEC Rules Out Fresh Governorship Election In Rivers State / Austin Nwachukwu Resigns As SA To Governor Uzodinma And APC Member (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.