Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW (19858 Views)

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / HOME » NEWS » Electricity Generation Hits 4,009MW, Improves Gradually / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Dollar101(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2016
Fashola urges Discos to provide metres

Electricity consumers in the country may not be smiling yet as generation yesterday hit 4,068 mega watts still assessed as abysmally low.

Though consumers were expected to be experiencing some respite from the recent days of darkness the transmission line that tripped from Egbin Power Station yesterday may have further dampened rising hopes.

This is coming as the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) confirmed that about 21 power plants were presently operation across the country, while some units are facing setback due to transmission, water management and rainfall challenges.

Meanwhile, Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) has charged electricity distribution companies (DisCos) to ensure the provision of meters and end the frustration of customers waiting for the never coming meters.
At the third monthly meeting with operators of the power sector, yesterday at the Ugwuaji Transmission Station, Enugu Fashola said : “The Federal Government would no longer condone a situation where people pay for meters and fail to access them within a reasonable time-frame.”

The Public Relation Officer of Transmission Company of Nigeria, Lagos Region, Mrs Celestina Osin, who confirmed the faults on the Egbin bound transmission line yesterday said the blackout experienced in Lekki, Ajah axis since Sunday, March 13th was a result of a detachment on the sky wire of the Egbin-Ajah 330KV Transmission Line three which feeds the area.

She said the maintenance engineers are already at work to rectify the fault as quickly as possible, with the aim of getting customers back to the system.

The Head of Corporate Communications, Eko Electricity Distribution Company, Godwin Idemudia, said the line trip had made it impossible for customers being serviced from Ajah, Lekki and Alagbon transmission injection sub-stations to receive power supply.

Areas listed to have been affected by the outage include Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island Lekki, Ajah, Ibeju and their environs.

Idemudia then appealed to customers to please bear with the company adding that supply to all affected areas would be restored as soon as the fault is cleared.

The Eko Disco spokesman also assured that the company’s distribution facilities are in good shape for effective evacuation of power to customers as soon as the line fault between generation and transmission stations is fixed.

The national statistics on generation profile showed that unutilised generation capacity from the power stations hit 3,231.6MW as at Sunday 13th, while the nation was losing 1827.5MW to gas constraints; 409.6MW lost to transmission line constraints; 85MW lost to water management issues; and 909.5MW was lost to high frequency occasioned by heavy rainfall.

The minister, who chaired the meeting raised hopes that the present challenges militating against the supply of electricity in the country would be surmounted only if Nigerians understood how the system operates.

At the end of the meeting, he told journalists they “addressed the problems of gas, financial stability, volatility of foreign exchange in sectors as to how that affects the ability of the power plants, the GenCos, the DisCos to implement their technical service agreement with their foreign partners. It also addressed the difficulty of pricing local gas consumption in dollars instead of naira.”

On the problem of CAPMI metering system, he said: “We resolved that people cannot take money from consumers without supplying what was paid for. From the reports given to us by the DisCos, many of them claimed that they have largely supplied the meters that people paid in advance for.

“I made it clear to them that a situation where people pay for meters and they are not supplied, undermines trust. We have given them marching orders to wind down all the outstanding credit meters program that they have collected money from people and haven’t supplied.”

http://m.guardian.ng/news/mixed-fortunes-as-electricity-generation-hits-4068mw/
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Ahmed0336(m): 7:05am On Mar 15, 2016
Okay, no wonder phcn manage leave light for my area since last Friday

14 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MRXELA(m): 7:07am On Mar 15, 2016
I
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2016
Yes even here in Onitsha
There is light since Saturday evening.

11 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MRXELA(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2016
Pray

8 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MRXELA(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2016
For

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MRXELA(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by caprini1: 7:13am On Mar 15, 2016
They read my complaints on NL ,and have been giving us light 10hrs per day since Saturday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by mrvitalis(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2016
Here in unn, the light have been steady for the past few days

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by bonechamberlain(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2016
this country sef. angry

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Dexpro: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2016
Yeye de smell
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by joseph1832(m): 7:29am On Mar 15, 2016
Power generation is just like power supply in Nigeria, it goes up and down. Who knows when it will ever go up and become stable.

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Babzrockman: 7:53am On Mar 15, 2016
I don't remember the last time i bought fuel for my generator. Me dey enjoy steady power supply o. #Godwin

13 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by doubleportion: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2016
so, we are still gonna pay for the meters?
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Iykopee(m): 8:03am On Mar 15, 2016
Yesterday i had lite all through the nite. Still, aint nada to jubilate on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by gbadexy(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2016
Why are we always hovering around 4000 mw and why can't that be even sustained without one story of vandalism or another excuse.
I think concrete steps should be taken to increase output to 10,000 mw on the short term.

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Standing5(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2016
This should last some weeks before the thugs go bomb the facilities again.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Favolly(f): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Power generation is just like power supply in Nigeria, it goes up and down.
Stating the obvious much tongue

Of course, power generation and power supply move in tandem

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by DaBullIT(m): 9:05am On Mar 15, 2016
Power has improved in less than two weeks as promised

I hope they don't stop at 5kmw

Let them aim for 10kGhz

And shut wailers up forever

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Dollar101(m): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2016
doubleportion:
so, we are still gonna pay for the meters?

Lol...na free before?
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Dollar101(m): 9:09am On Mar 15, 2016
Standing5:
This should last some weeks before the thugs go bomb the facilities again.
Those thugs ain't got no chill at all.. Nigeria will neva be beta if they go on like dat

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Dollar101(m): 9:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Iykopee:
Yesterday i had lite all through the nite. Still, aint nada to jubilate on.

Me too, I had light all through but they have obstructed it this morning, I wonder when they will bring it back

3 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by wawaboy1(m): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2016
IKORODU 24/7 SINCE SATURDAY

7 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by joseph1832(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
Favolly:

Stating the obvious much tongue

Of course, power generation and power supply move in tandem
Em sorry, I don't understand English when people use big big words... What's the meaning of tandem, or is it Gundam? grin

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by OlujobaSamuel: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2016
no light here in Igboora, Ibarapa Central, Oyo state, for about 2weeks now, they only switch it on for a day or two and it goes off for 10days to 14days, yet they distribute bills.
I heard a rumour that the officials here collect dues from people but fails to remit it at IBEDC, although I don't know how true sha.
Make una pls help oo, I still have 3months for my assignment, or help me pray make dem return me to my base.
I pay daily to charge. Na real aja n sare, owo n jona be dis.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by OlujobaSamuel: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Em sorry, I don't understand English when people use big big words... What's the meaning of tandem, or is it Gundam? grin
he means they are mutually dependent.
seriously, I want to believe you know the meaning and just feign ignorance, if not, am disappointed, because you have a gadget that can help you online to get what you need to know, except your 10mb is meant to only abuse our leaders and not to help your growth.

8 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Favolly(f): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Google it angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 15, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

he means they are mutually dependent.
seriously, I want to believe you know the meaning and just feign ignorance, if not, am disappointed, because you have a gadget that can help you online to get what you need to know, except your 10mb is meant to only abuse our leaders and not to help your growth.

Dude, calm down. Its obviously supposed to be funny, take a chill pill

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by greatiyk4u(m): 10:01am On Mar 15, 2016
Why disappoint wailers so quick?

6 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by countsparrow: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2016
Abeg, make una supply my area power o, i wan watch national geogr..... TELEMUNDO... grin

PASSION FOR REVENGE
BROKEN ANGEL
AND

IBINABO THE SNAKE GIRL

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by deepee08(m): 10:07am On Mar 15, 2016
same story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Bwala: Festus Keyamo Is The Harry Maguire Of APC / Is Lagos State Wrong For Selling Seized Vehicles? / Wike To El-rufai: History Will Be On Your Side For Supporting Southern Presidenc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.