Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW (19873 Views)

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / HOME » NEWS » Electricity Generation Hits 4,009MW, Improves Gradually / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2016
we are approaching the rainy seasons, our dams and rivers will be flooded, there should be surplus power this period. kiss
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by oluwasegun007(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2016
well, you are not wrong, the voltage ric ma side.....
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by bapullow: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2016
IPOB will go and destroy gas pipeline again, Buhari Must fail
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2016
This is great. I've witnessed an improved supply of electricity. Thanks Mr Fashola.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2016
Power supply can be stable when sabotage stops

joseph1832:
Power generation is just like power supply in Nigeria, it goes up and down. Who knows when it will ever go up and become stable.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by wura2020: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2016
I paid for prepaid meter at Apata Biz Hub in Ibadan since October 2015, until last week when I was informed it is ready. I have been asked to bring the current bill before they can release the meter. The one I applied for in Ogbomoso since January is yet to be supplied. I don't know why a coy will gladly collect your money but refuse to give you your moneys worth. That is stealing.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Adebayofca: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2016
Bunch of jokers. The last time I had light was last week Monday.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2016
Standing5:
This should last some weeks before the thugs go bomb the facilities again.
na so grin
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by persius555(m): 11:28am On Mar 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Power generation is just like power supply in Nigeria, it goes up and down. Who knows when it will ever go up and become stable.
Seems like everything that is to do with nigeria is unstable. Naira is unstable, price of food commodity is unstable, petrol price is unstable, crude oil price too is unstable.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by blackprowler: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2016
kaeforum:
we are approaching the rainy seasons, our dams and rivers will be flooded, there should be surplus power this period. kiss

Undoubtedly you think this is how to run a system, much less a country. Nigeria is a joke!
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by fitinwell: 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
What ever what the megawatts is hitting at the moment as no meaning... I just bought fuel for my generator #125/litres.. You know what that implies.. #stupid
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by busomma: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigerians are simply tired of same excuses NEPA (pardon me) has been using for over 40yrs. It's either water level is low or snakes are so many in the turbines or water level is too high in the dam or the gas pipeline supplying power stations are vandalized or lack of gas and the latest now is the transmission lines. How come electricity companies in United States, UK, Canada & other European countries are able to hv uninterrupted power supplies for decades without suffering same calamities as our NEPA?
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Mumu youths,instead of revolting on current pathetic power situation in the country you are here celebrating mediocrity from the government past and present.

Here in Jerico we are enjoying 24/7 light without making any noise.

Wake up guys,darkness can shorten the ability to reason smartly.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
We've had light for the past 5days now for at least 20 hrs a day in abuja.

And now the weather is good, we dont even need it. When d sun was killing was when phcn was down. Even NASA has come out with a report dt february was the hottest month in earths history (since they started taking records).

No one else noticed except we underdeveloped countries wt poor power supply. PHCN needs to be consistent. Power should be a priority in this country. Other countries dont joke wt it, they have different sources of power - they make sure they have energy supply for years ahead. They even go to war for it.

PS - Black pple need to start prioritizing whats important. Now dt the blacks are in control in south africa, theyve also started having power cuts and rationing power. Something that never occured in their country during apartheid. Education is soooo important.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by caphone: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
Guys chill we haven't reach there yet. The systen haven't CHANGED yet let's keep our fingers crossed sha
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Lordseyad(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
And we never get light here since friday... Oh Y Oh State..
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Rexyl(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
No electricity since 5 days ago. Those who are in charge should pls stop doing ojoro. Probably some posters are just fooling us! We haven't enjoyed electricity at all since January. I will be much surprised to see people celebrating what is not available. Epileptic power supply isn't worth celebration pls!
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Favolly(f): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
bengems:

you sef, u no understand waiting u speak!...abi na from google u dey carry ur grammars come?

Answer him jareeeh if u too knoow!...shakarah!
Who be dis one? angry
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by IronGalaxy: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
janellemonae:

And now the weather is good, we dont even need it. When d sun was killing was when phcn was down. Even NASA has come out with a report dt february was the hottest month in earths history (since they started taking records).

No one else noticed except we underdeveloped countries wt poor power supply. PHCN needs to be consistent. Power should be a priority in this country. Other countries dont joke wt it, they have different sources of power - they make sure they have energy supply for years ahead. They even go to war for it.

PS - Black pple need to start prioritizing whats important. Now dt the blacks are in control in south africa, theyve also started having power cuts and rationing power. Something that never occured in their country during apartheid. Education is soooo important.
Stop the self hating tirade and stop teaching people lies, the power cuts have nothing to do with black leadership, do you think during Apartheid everyone had exceSs to electricity? Do you think white people gave a damn about people in the villages? White people in South Africa make 8 percent of the popluation and the electricty catered mostly for them, now the black government has to make sure everyone in the country has excess to elcectricity, and it has succeeded as most places in the country have electrcity, If you know your economics well you will know that infrastructure becomes obsolete and our power stations are no exception, ask yourself what is the black government doing to fix situation,..3 new power plants are already under construction. Please don't mistake South Africa for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by extraterra: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
zeezoom:
in Abuja where I dey Lugbe, Sabon Lugbe, Aco/Amac, no light since last week, no fuel to power generator, Generator get queue for fuel station, abeg helep us ooooooo,

My brother, we are neighbors. I stay in amac/ACO... No light for many days now. If u even see it it may be a few minutes duration every two days. But now it's been over four days we have not seen anything. I hear federal housing lugbe even has light. We at ACO are suffering like mad. So sad when u see figures that absolutely don't commensurate with your situation, despite the unfair billing. So sad.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by emzila(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
I didn't on gen for one minute at the office today. first time in 5months. kudos to phcn, kudos to fash
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
IronGalaxy:
Stop the self hating tirade and stop teaching people lies, the power cuts have nothing to do with black leadership, do you think during Apartheid everyone had exceSs to electricity? Do you think white people gave a damn about people in the villages? White people in South Africa make 8 percent of the popluation and the electricty catered mostly for them, now the black government has to make sure everyone in the country has excess to elcectricity, and it has succeeded as most places in the country have electrcity, If you know your economics well you will know that infrastructure becomes obsolete and our power stations are no exception, ask yourself what is the black government doing to fix situation,..3 new power plants are already under construction. Please don't mistake South Africa for Nigeria

Its not self-hate if its the truth. We need to start telling ourselves the truth. Its the only way out. The main reason subsaharan africa is in darkness is cos large populations of the populace and leadership are uneducated - they dont understand cause and effect. I gave u a reason. I didnt tell u its cos of the melanin in the skin.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nosyke(m): 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
extraterra:

My brother, we are neighbors. I stay in amac/ACO... No light for many days now. If u even see it it may be a few minutes duration every two days. But now it's been over four days we have not seen anything. I hear federal housing lugbe even has light. We at ACO are suffering like mad. So sad when u see figures that absolutely don't commensurate with your situation, despite the unfair billing. So sad.

My brother, I actually feel like weeping. In Trademore Estate, they just flash it for half second like 4 times a day. Fuel, 200/250 per litre at black market as petrol stations won't agree to sell fuel in jerry cans. The worst part is no hope in sight.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by vandalZA(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
janellemonae:

My friend stop misleading people with false examples and information the white apartheid government only supplied 9million white people with electricity and left the black population of 30million with a total darkness..........I hope you could see the difference, and the good news is that the black government managed to supply 95% of electricity to that 30million of blacks........ It will be better to make examples about Nigeria because that's where your statements will always be correct, rather than giving opinions about other country.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Mascotizer: 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
I hope this gets to the right department, and perhaps to the Honorable minister himself, Babatunde Fashola (SAN). First I like to ackowledge the effort of this present administration towards overhauling and revamping of the nations power sector, and I deem it fit to say that I belive strongly in this admistration and I know the best is what we shall get.

However I like to call your attention to the injustice and 'pain' being inflicted on we the residents of ibeju lekki axis (Lakowe and its environs), these axis gets zero (0) electricity supply daily and this has been the 'norm' for years. Even when we have a huge power plant in Ajah that could have been to our advantage. The rather excruciating part is that just some few kilometers away from these afftected areas (Eputu, Oribanwa, Lakowe etc) there is usually constant elcectricity supply. These always makes me wonder if we are any less human or we do not pay our taxes like they do, because I feel very bad anytime I am driving home from ajah and I see electricity being supplied at the 'favoured' axis only for me to get to the to my area and see nothing but total black out.

I have followed this injustice with keen interest ever since I relocated to the area, infact I have lodged a complain to the Headquaters of PHCN in marina. But I was only told the normal cliche they fob us off with "This will soon be resolved, we are building a power plant at Elemoro that will serve that axis blah blah blah..." Buh the truth is that, that's exactly what we have been told since 2007, yet we are in 2016 (Nine Years) and they still haven't finshed the 'supposed' Elemoro power plant. So I began to wonder, is it that the government dislike us much that they couldn't provide the fund for the power plant OR the provided fund has been embezzled?

Like I said earlier sir, I strongly believe in this admistration, and all i am asking from you, is to allow the aura of 'change' get to the Eputu- Lakowe-Bogije Ibeju lekki axis too.

If the Elemoro plant is taking too much time to complete, they should share the little available from the ajah mega plant with us too, I see no justifiable reason why some axis enjoy good electricity supply and others (just about 1km distance) have non at all. Let's share the little availabe untill the Elemoro plant will be ready, especially now that it is taking 'forever' to complete. They pay taxes and we pay ours too. They shouldn't be partiality in getting the services from the government.

I anticipate seeing the positive change sprouting out soon.

God Bless The Ministry of Power
God Bless Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN)
God Bless Nigeria

Thanks
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
vandalZA:
My friend stop misleading people with false examples and information the white apartheid government only supplied 9million white people with electricity and left the black population of 30million with a total darkness..........I hope you could see the difference, and the good news is that the black government managed to supply 95% of electricity to that 30million of blacks........ It will be better to make examples about Nigeria because that's where your statements will always be correct, rather than giving opinions about other country.

Pls when did only 9million south africans have electricity and 30million black people left in darkness? You dont have to add salt and spice to ur story. Lol! Having access to electricity and boycotting payment for it - in protest - are 2 different issues. South africans living in soweto even still got free elctricity despite non payment. I am not supporting some white supremacist govt but the apartheid regime did not have a problem with generation of electricity and maintaining it, ESKOM clearly does now.

Maybe mandela had better mgt skills but SA's power is going to the dogs the more the ANC rules. Fact.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MduZA: 2:48am On Mar 16, 2016
janellemonae:

Pls when did only 9million south africans have electricity and 30million black people left in darkness? You dont have to add salt and spice to ur story. Lol! Having access to electricity and boycotting payment for it - in protest - are 2 different issues. South africans living in soweto even still got free elctricity despite non payment. I am not supporting some white supremacist govt but the apartheid regime did not have a problem with generation of electricity and maintaining it, ESKOM clearly does now.

Maybe mandela had better mgt skills but SA's power is going to the dogs the more the ANC rules. Fact.

Majority of people(blacks) had no electricity during the apartheid regime,that's the point...when last did you hear of power cuts in SA?by the way why you guys always unnecessarily make SA as your case study in your domestic issues?SA this SA that...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by vandalZA(m): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2016
MduZA:

Majority of people(blacks) had no electricity during the apartheid regime,that's the point...when last did you hear of power cuts in SA?by the way why you guys always unnecessarily make SA as your case study in your domestic issues?SA this SA that...
Lolest because their dream is to migrate to South Africa or to be South Africans and that dream won't come true!

1 Like

Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MduZA: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2016
vandalZA:
Lolest because their dream is to migrate to South Africa or to be South Africans and that dream won't come true!

Lol
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 16, 2016
MduZA:

Who are d 'u guys'? I clearly mentioned the whole of subsaharan africa in my argument. You are the one getting ur panties wet over south africa. South africas current electricity problems are WIDELY documented btw, i didnt make it up in my head. undecided

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21637396-rolling-power-cuts-are-fraying-tempers-unplugged

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-08/what-is-south-africa-doing-to-tackle-its-electricity-crisis-

http://www.wsj.com/articles/power-outages-mar-south-africas-economic-expansion-1431077401

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKCN0ST0UY20151104

I really dont give a damn about south africa. You obviously think i do. It was a small part of a point in a post. At least they have electricity production more than the rest of subsahran africa combined. Nigeria with 3 times the population is still battling to reach 5000MW. My problem is that we, blacks, need to start prioritizing whats important. And yes it is clearly a problem for black subsaharan countries, whether pple want to accept it or not.
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 16, 2016
vandalZA:

Lmao! the internet makes everyone common. You dont even have any idea abt the background of who ur talkin to.

I dont blame you. I blame all the nigerians dt go to south africa yearly as economic migrants.

I heard capetown is really beautiful though. wink
Re: Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW by MduZA: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2016
janellemonae:

Who are d 'u guys'? I clearly mentioned the whole of subsaharan africa in my argument. You are the one getting ur panties wet over south africa. South africas current electricity problems are WIDELY documented btw, i didnt make it up in my head. undecided

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21637396-rolling-power-cuts-are-fraying-tempers-unplugged

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-08/what-is-south-africa-doing-to-tackle-its-electricity-crisis-

http://www.wsj.com/articles/power-outages-mar-south-africas-economic-expansion-1431077401

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKCN0ST0UY20151104

I really dont give a damn about south africa. You obviously think i do. It was a small part of a point in a post. At least they have electricity production more than the rest of subsahran africa combined. Nigeria with 3 times the population is still battling to reach 5000MW. My problem is that we, blacks, need to start prioritizing whats important. And yes it is clearly a problem for black subsaharan countries, whether pple want to accept it or not.

Dude stop dreaming...currently there are no power cuts in SA,your links are outdated....if you people are incapable of fixing your problems...dont project them on us..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Cease Attacks On Pipelines / Northern Governors Visit To The US Has Elicited Reactions From Some Nigerians / Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.