Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW (25814 Views)

Reps Want Police, Mining, Power Generation To Leave Exclusive List / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by veraponpo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
On September 12 this year (2017) Nigeria’s power production reached an all-time peak of 7,001 MW, indicating that Africa’s largest economy now has the capacity to produce more power than it can distribute. In May last year, Babatunde Fashola, minister of Power Works, and Housing, unveiled what he called an incremental power policy as a…

This content is for Standard & Premium Digital Subscribers only.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/power-generation-hits-time-high-7001mw/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Flets: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air. APC is just desperate to find at least one campaign point.... but sorry this one cant fly. We are in total darkness even in rainy season

Again, Fools everywhere

The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW (courtesy of three)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by fernandez1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Another propaganda on the move

2019 see me. And I see U

Uncle lie lie Mohammed and Mr eazi over to U

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by jamace(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
On paper?

I can see darkness everywhere.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Pavore9: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
What percentage of it got to the consumer?

15 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by three: 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2017

When some said Fashola's legendary success in Lagos was largely due to media packaging many scoffed.

Now they know better.

No worry, light full everywhere for Naija na haters no dey see am.

#SayCHEESE!!! #SARCASM

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by sleemfesh: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
As I never see light for the past 30hrs. Hia. O. Are there two Nigerias in Ahirica? Mark una kuku carry time o.

22 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by idupaul: 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lies from the pits of hell ..yet I don't have electricity for upto 6 hours a day

12 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by veraponpo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
three:
When some said Fashola's legendary success in Lagos was largely due to media packaging many scoffed.

Now they know better.

The light in my area has become almost fully steady.

If it is off for a while, you can be sure it will be restored within a short time.

Mr Fashola is doing well

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by veraponpo(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
fernandez1:
Another propaganda on the move

2019 see me. And I see U

Uncle lie lie and Mr eazi over to U

If you hear that power has dropped to 1000 MW, you will easily believe it but it is hard for you to believe a good news with positive impact on lives and properties.

You need deliverance ASAP.

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by clarocuzioo(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
We barely have 10hrs of power supply in Aba, please where is the megawatts generated, apc and propaganda, later they will come to the media to warn against propaganda but they are the propaganda-in-chief,
But we won't forget so soon, "Any government that cannot provide power for it's citizen in six months is irresponsible" - Babatunde Raji Fashola.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by vedaxcool(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
three:

Now they know better.

True like one salad guy on nairaland who lies he does not have light for weeks as if he lives in a jungle

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by vedaxcool(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
clarocuzioo:
We barely have 10hrs of power supply in Aba, please where is the megawatts generated, apc and propaganda, later they will come to the media to warn against propaganda but they are the propaganda-in-chief,
But we won't forget so soon, "Any government that cannot provide power for it's citizen in six months is irresponsible" - Babatunde Raji Fashola.

Check cownu smelling shiit hole for the remainder of your electricity needs.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by three: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
vedaxcool:

True like one salad guy on nairaland who lies he does not have light for weeks as if he lives in a jungle

When you see it you will modify this post.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

I swear. My gen is on right now angry

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by kevoh(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:
30 % The rest is wasted from the point of generation to the point of consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by clarocuzioo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
vedaxcool:

Check cownu smelling shiit hole for the remainder of your electricity needs.

It is your solemn duty to rebuke and denigrate every tribal maggot .... make Nairaland sane again,

Is it not obvious you have become the maggot on nairaland from your recent comment, I am an Igboman not an Ipob member, and neither am I a bigot like you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Blue3k(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
Africa’s largest economy now has the capacity to produce more power than it can distribute.

Well that's no good.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by juman(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hiss
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by fernandez1(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
veraponpo:

If you hear that power has dropped to 1000 MW, you will easily believe it but it is hard for you to believe a good news with positive impact on lives and properties.

You need deliverance ASAP.

Pro buhari wailers una well done

Mugutao dat have been brainwashed

Leaders of tomorrow since 1820

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Pavore9: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
kevoh:

30 % The rest is wasted from the point of generation to the point of consumption.

In early August, I got a knock at my apartment in Nairobi and it happened to be a pair from Kenya power asking me if I have incandescent light bulbs in my apartment so they could take it and replace it with energy efficient bulbs as it saves the country energy.

13 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by hahn(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pavore9:

In early August, I got a knock at my apartment in Nairobi and it happened to be a pair from Kenya power asking me if I have incandescent light bulbs in my apartment so they could take it and replace it with energy efficient bulbs as it saves the country energy.

shocked shocked

Is a lie!
Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 989900: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
[s]Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air

Again, Fools everywhere[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by gabe: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Fools will agree that we doubled our highest production in less than two months (from 3300MW to 7000MW) without any capital infrastructural input. I guess we generated the extra power from thin air

Again, Fools everywhere
Nigeria's power generation capacity has been around 6000-7000MW for up to 2-3 years now. The only problem has been they are mostly gas turbines and some 'patriotic' nigerians have been blowing up pipelines that supply them, limiting output. The major problem now is that of transmission, because the old lines cannot absorb up to the 7000MW. That should be govt's focus, because they still control transmission. I'll suggest all state governors help to improve transmission installations in their states. Benue did it under Gov Suswan and today, makurdi and environs enjoy stable power of up to 15 hours+ daily. While I've not had light in owerri for 3 days! angry
Flets:
Fools everywhere.

Again, Fools everywhere
Nigeria's power generation capacity has been around 6000-7000MW for up to 2-3 years now. The only problem has been they are mostly gas turbines and some 'patriotic' nigerians have been blowing up pipelines that supply them, limiting output. The major problem now is that of transmission, because the old lines cannot absorb up to the 7000MW. That should be govt's focus, because they still control transmission. I'll suggest all state governors help to improve transmission installations in their states. Benue did it under Gov Suswan and today, makurdi and environs enjoy stable power of up to 15 hours+ daily. While I've not had light in owerri for 3 days!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 989900: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
TCN can now transmit 6,500 MW.

Distribution is now the clog in the wheel.

Fash is working.

Even the devil will credit the guy.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by veraponpo(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
989900:

Fash is working.

WOW! Transmission used to be less than 5000 capacity before.

I didn't know this.

Thank you for the info.

@ Moderators - Lalasticlala, etc should move this to front-page now. These are the good news that we want to be hearing now.

We are tired of hate speeches and rumour of wars.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by Flets: 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
989900:

Fash is working.

You have to earn your pay, keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by 989900: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Flets:

You have to earn your pay, keep it up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by three: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ehm... The last reported peak power generation (Wednesday 13 September 2017) was 4142.5MW

Somebody seems to have conveniently mixed up actual generation with "peak generation CAPABILITY" ( which is 7099MW)

http://www.pwh.gov.ng/management/manage/webpages/reg_upload/uploads_images/14900192759855.pdf

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by tsdarkside(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
realy...??....no nigerian will believe that...

we are occupied with the matter of ipob in the moment anyways...we realy dont care... grin grin grin

those comedians in the yeast are just something else....... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
But my Gen is still ON grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW by emymeeky: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bala Baiko Dumps APC For PDP, Claims Atiku Will Soon Do Same / We Won’t Dismiss Officer For Picking Shallipopi's Money On The Floor- Police PRO / NLC/TUC Continue Talks With FG Today At 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.