Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,872 members, 7,855,564 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other (602 Views)

Depressed Girlfriend. Don’t Know What To Do / Mikel Obi And Girlfriend Getting Some Romance After His Yesterday Victory / I Don’t Like My Vagina Being Sucked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by PenAStory: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/03/17/advice-me-my-mother-and-girlfriend-dont-like-themselves/

I have a disturbing issue on my mind and I feel having others tell me what they think about the situation will really help my mind. I am a man of 26 years and I live with my mother although I am financially independent and have been thinking of moving out recently.

I have this girlfriend I have been dating for about four months now. I know four months will be considered a short time to be considering marrying someone but I feel she is the one and I have known her about two years before we started dating. She really likes me and I like her as well. The problem is however this, when she and my mother met, they just took an instant dislike to themselves.

You know how Yoruba women can be, my mom complained that she didn’t like the way the girl greeted her and that she does not want to see her in the house again. She said she is not stopping me from dating her but that she does not want to see the girl in her house. What I don’t understand is why my mom wouldn’t want to see her despite they have not met before and what happens if I end up marrying the girl?

The girl in question has refused to ever come see me at home again over my mother’s treatment despite my apologies to her and she is also of the opinion that she does not see herself marrying a man that his mother does not like her. I have asked my mom why she doesn’t like my girlfriend and all she keeps saying is that she is not choosing a wife for me but she doesn’t like the way the girl greeted her.

Please advice me because I really like this girl and like I said, I have been dating her for four months with no issues and the two years that have known her, have not had any reason to dislike her person.

Source : PenAStory www.penastory.com

1 Share

Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by Fmartin(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
Op, ur title should reflect; 'my mother and my girlfriend don't like each other' (themselves)
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by martyns303(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2016
First why are u bringing women to your mother's house? Do you think your mother will consider her responsible?

Even if you have your own room, except you have a way of bringing her in without your mom noticing, no African mother will appreciate her son bringing women to her house.

Secondly, that your girlfriend has got attitude issues, she is full of pride, probably one of those 21yr olds who think they are going a guy a favor by dating him. Else girls usually have a way of buying themselves into the hearts of their BF's mom.
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by McCarlito(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2016
Better to not like the girlfriend and she turns out to be the wife who turns the fortunes around the house for good
Or
Like the girlfriend now and in future she turns the wife who poisons the whole family over some tantrums

I don't just get it...
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by halfricanadian(f): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Oga go tell ur gf to wash her head for river throway sponge ko ba od lo
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2016
Toh
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by ChappyChase: 8:48am On Mar 17, 2016
My friend you better dumb your girlfriend!!!
Re: Advice Me: My Mother And Girlfriend Don’t Like Each Other by boxer022(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2016
What I see from this issue is this, your mum made her point by saying that she does not like the girl and has told you not to bring her home again. Your girlfriend really has issues that needs to be treated before you consider marrying her. What I know is this there must be something hidden that caused the problem. I advice you find out what it is and if possible forget marriage for now till the issue is solved.

(1) (Reply)

Girls What Will Your Reaction Be / Analysis Of Nairalanders Response:meaning Of Open Relatioship / Where Do You Point The Nuzzle ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.