Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) (31316 Views)

Wike And His Wife Kissing At 56th NBA Annual Conference (Pics) / Buhari, Saraki At The Marriage Of Atiku's Daughters (Photos) / Dolapo Osinbajo Speaks At Shea Conference (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
The international Islamic conference for peace organized by Jibwis Nigeria under the leadership of Shiek Abdullahi Balalau was the first of it kind to be held by any black nation and entire Africa.

Among those that attained the conference are President Muhammadu Buhari, Professor Abdullahi bin Abdulmohsin Al- Turki, the Executive Secretary of the Muslim World League. Senate president Bukola saraki, Sultan of Sokoto, emir of kano and the rest

ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI,
AT THE OPENING CEREMONY OF THE INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC CONFERENCE ON PEACE AND NATION BUILDING
ABUJA, 17TH MARCH 2016
PROTOCOLS

It is my great pleasure to join you this afternoon at the commencement of this International Conference for Peace and Nation Building, which I understand is a joint effort between Jama'atu Izalatil Bid'a Wa Iqamatis Sunna based here in Nigeria, and the Muslim World League.

2. I would like to welcome you all; especially those of you who took the time to travel from different parts of the world to attend this very important conference. In particular I would like to extend a warm welcome to His Eminence, Professor Abdullahi bin Abdulmohsin Al- Turki, the Executive Secretary of the Muslim World League.

3. The theme and timing of this conference are most apt, coming at a time when most of the world is grappling with one form of violent conflict or another. I am particularly impressed by the objectives of the conference, which include:
a. To promote national, regional and global cooperation against the spread of insurgency
b. To correct the distortions about the concept of peace in Islamic ideology and philosophy
c. To contribute to the global fight against terrorism because security is a shared responsibility.
d. To attract global attention to the plight of those most affected by the insurgency which is mostly concentrated in the North Eastern part of our country. These include Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), orphaned children, widows and the elderly who have been rendered homeless and helpless as a result of the insurgency.

4. I wish to commend the organizers JIBWIS Nigeria and the Muslim World League, for this initiative. By making the Conference multi-religious and multi- sectoral, you have broadened the scope of the discourses that the conference will generate and thus have enriched the ultimate gains that will accrue from this laudable initiative. I urge you to solidify and sustain this working relationship encompassing all Nigerians and our neighbours, irrespective of religion or tribe for the benefit of mankind.

5. In my inauguration address on 29th May 2015, I mentioned that Boko Haram is a mindless, godless group who are as far away from Islam as one can think of. I assured Nigerians that at the end of the hostilities when the group is subdued the Government would commission a sociological study to determine the origin, the remote and immediate causes of the movement, its sponsors, its international connections if any, to ensure that measures are taken to prevent a recurrence of this evil. The outcome of the proceedings of this conference will be useful in that regard.

6. As we have had cause to mention earlier, our government in joint cooperation with our neighbours, has substantially degraded the attacking capability of the insurgents to a level that has now compelled the insurgents to retreat. We will pursue them relentlessly until they become an item of history.

7. The tragic paradox of the global insurgency situation is that most of the atrocities committed by various insurgents all over the world today, are being carried out mainly by people who pretend to be Muslims, yet most of the victims and casualties are equally Muslims. To underscore their cruelty and godlessness, they particularly target the most vulnerable members of the society: children, women and the elderly. No religion approves of such heinous crimes against humanity; definitely not Islam nor Christianity, the two to which most Nigerians belong.

8. This is a tragedy which all normal people must rise up against. Islam does not permit lawlessness. It frowns at extremism even in normal acts of worship. The emergence of any group advocating the contrary is therefore irreligious and unacceptable. Religious leaders must intensify their efforts to send out the real teachings of their religion in order to counter the diabolical ideology that motivates the insurgent elements.

9. I wish to use this forum to call on all religious, community and political leaders to mobilize their followers against corruption and crimes of any kind. They should also encourage them to be more tolerant of each other; and recognize the rights of others as they want others to recognize their rights to worship and live freely.

10. Our country Nigeria has suffered many years of official neglect and corruption leading to untold hardships to the common man. I wish to assure you that our government will do everything possible to safeguard lives and property and also to ensure even development across the country.

11. The global economic challenges the world is grappling with today might well turn out to be a blessing for us in Nigeria, because it will stimulate the latent economic opportunities that we have left untapped for decades. Poverty breeds disaffection, which in turn leads to crime and lawlessness including confrontation against the State. To checkmate this, we must work hard to lift our economy, engage our youth and rebuild infrastructure. We can only achieve these with full cooperation of all Nigerians and under a stable polity. We are determined to do this and we shall not be deterred.

12. As I declare this timely conference open, I wish you all the blessings of God and successful deliberations.
Thank you.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=836708316438971&id=100002994328444&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6263071060832844277%3Amf_story_key.2006388737514662490

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by mynd1(f): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ok
*modify*

God bless mr president

God bless Nigeria.

Anyone who is not happy with dis thread can jump in to lagoon. angry

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by watnext: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by rusher14: 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
You couldn't write that it's a conference on Peace??

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by peacengine(m): 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
The plot to islamize Nigeria is already taking shape

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
rusher14:
You couldn't write that it's a conference on Peace??

As you wish updated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by drss(m): 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
evil sharia law gradualy loading in d zoo.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Acjohn(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
**** how can peace come from it?
there is no need for conferences, league in Nigeria should call ISIS to order and that in Nigeria should call BH to order and that settles it.
They created the militants or allowed US to use them so that they can sell their guns. and the virgin mongers swallowed the bate, now what do you want to say?
I know their are fake pastors in Nigeria, but if you try any rubbish the real ones gather pray for una ba, Na una go dey look for pastors make them baptise una.

33 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by obailala(m): 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nigeria now Islamized! run run run run!!! tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
Acjohn:
****how can peace come from it?
there is no need for conferences, league in Nigeria should call ISIS to order and that in Nigeria should call BH to order and that settles it.
They created the militants or allowed US to use them so that they can sell their guns. and the virgin mongers swallowed the bate, now what do you want to say?
I know their are fake pastors in Nigeria, but if you try any rubbish the real ones gather pray for una ba, Na una go dey look for pastors make them baptise una.

Keep silence. I did not open the threat for people like you to say trash.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by peacengine(m): 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
FriendChoice:

Keep silence. I did not open the threat for people like you to say trash.

Do not insult him, or are you against freedom of expression?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by greatiyk4u(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
peacengine:

Face the hit or bow out to the nearest "christianized" nation

21 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
peacengine:

Do not insult him, or are you against freedom of expression?

Me insult who? get your eyes clear. did I say I will insult him. This is not freedom of expression rather freedom of assault to others peoples beliefs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Owoloku1: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
I hope they discuss how to wipe terrorism out of this world at the conference.

Anyways I wish them success and peace in their conference

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by peacengine(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Face the hit or bow out to the nearest "christianized" nation

Which heat? grin if I talk wetin dey my mind....

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by phemmie06(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Any plan to turn this nation into trouble zone shall not materialize. And let the LORD arise and let all the enemies of gospel and peace be scattered

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by todayboy: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
Operation Islamize Nigeria
Zombies will come support them

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Omg! Finishing touches ......... They just signed the dotted lines cry cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
this guy should do something about our jobs and roads nauu

wetin sef sad angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by clefstone(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Buhari is too sectional. To me, he is not the leader of Nigeria, rather he is the leader of the north using the resources of the Nigerian commonwealth. He doesn't understand the challenges of the man in the south and I doubt it if he cares to know. A clear evidence is his handling (or non-handling) of the Fulani herdsmen attack on innocent farmers.

Meanwhile;

The greatest problem with President MUMUhadu Buhari so far is that he has visited so many countries but has refused to visit Nigeria
-Hell Rufai

16 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Pennsylvania: 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Which way Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
No difference between APC anf PDP. You pack all your children into Central Bank and you are talking of "total war against corruption" and deceiving us with CCT trial. May Ogun strike all of you dead one by one

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by omotolatoyosi(f): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nonsense people..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
peacengine:

Why are u daft?

Please don't take offence it's a question.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by ideatoprince18(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
mynd1:
Ok
......are u rili Fulani

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by LesbianBoy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by SleekMallam: 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Fellow Sunni brothers.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
this is non-sense, how would this lead to economic growth

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Whatever that serves the Zombies...I don't care anymore

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by MrcuteOscar: 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
Who thinks its quite easy to islamise Nigeria,should think again, "its easier said than done"..

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by 5starmilitant: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
When one I insults the dullard na, the zombies will start barking like dogs.

Is Nigeria the only African country with a Muslim president?
What's with all this buhari Islamic movement here and there?

He had better shove his plans to Islamize Nigeria down his anus, else he will die like a stubborn rat.

Nonsense!!!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) by omotolatoyosi(f): 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nonsense people..,they can only try bt it wud neva come to reality,their forefathers die tryin......its not dea fault,its d fault of dat confusionist muhamed

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rinu Oduala Can't Write Her Exams (#EndSARS Protester) / Lagos Mention In Buhari's Interview Not Reference To Tinubu, Says Presidency / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.