Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

What If The Bible Is A Lie? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Bible Is A Lie? (20989 Views)

If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by analice107: 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
simplex2:

I asked for a first class ticket but the demon in charge gave me economy class instead. I wanted to be in the same cabin with bill gates and Steve jobs.

Gaddamit! How did u manage to book first class?
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Jehovah, what happened to this people?
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by analice107: 12:01am On Mar 22, 2016
OgundeleT:

u and sonoflucifer should just get one of Oyedepo's(the hell gateman) jet to take u there asap that will be better and since he gat up to 4 i will go with one. may be johnydon22 will join me in that one? lols
You are as one them. The Man of God never said anything about Hell's Gate, but why will you speak the truth? for telling lies, you are also headed towards their direction.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by analice107: 12:02am On Mar 22, 2016
dazzlingd:
This op seems to be a very intelligent person,....my religious brothers commenting above me cannot even comprehend it, the best they can do is to go emotional about their religion and threaten wiith fear of eternal damnation. The op has a style, stylishly scarstic, my religious brethren may never be able to stand him but for conscience sake, I fear his beliefs
So why not you come and stand him?
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2016
"What if...?" It is already a LIE! The BuyBULL is full of lies - highly "beautified" lies sealed with FEAR to prevent criticisms!

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2016
cckris:
Well, the Bible is True. True in history,& True in reality. It's from the Bible we learn that 500 years Before Christ, Ethiopia already existed as a nation among others. India was also mentioned.
Europeans were then comparatively primitive. After Christ, the Bible was introduced to Europeans, & they became civilised, educated, & began to so develop as to overtake both India, Ethiopia, & even Babylon, one of the world powers BC.
It therefore flows logically that if Africans obey the Bible as the Europeans did, Africans can also develop likewise.

That's why Africa especially Nigeria, is developing "faster" today than Europe and North-America since she practice CRAZEtianity more than the Europeans for the past 400 years. U be nama!

3 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:42am On Mar 22, 2016
valdovas:
I don't want to live in ta world like that.
Imagine in Nigeria going around doing bad without fear of punishment
Imagine those sick sycopaths that are only resisting their urges because of fear of hell, what will they now do if they start thinking Godis not real.
Never.

With the so-called FEAR of your god amongst people/sycophats preventing crime, why is the crime rate INCREASING almost daily? It appears the fear of god is not doing any tangible good to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:51am On Mar 22, 2016
cckris:

But in old times, when plagues happened, villages usually sacrificed some virgins or young men. Even today when some traditional rulers die, they're not buried alone.

Talking about (human) blood sacrifice by Africans: did not Jephtah in your BuyBULL sacrifice his only daughter as a BURNT offering to your Judeo-CRAZEtian god? Abraham almost did same with Isaac (or Ismaila for the Muslims) What kind of (good) god likes human flesh to be sacrificed to it as a "test" of faith? It means such practice was already going on, almost universal. Go and rest in a psychiatric home, your arguments are just lame.

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 1:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Dharneehell:
Sonoflucifer why is it that lucifer didnt send anyone to die for our sins, like we do hear of Jesus death? Why is it that there are mostly messengers of God, but few of satan? From what we know, Good overcomes Bad mostly, why cant the message of satan overcome that of God, if he's good? Why is it that almost everyone believes in God? But the good, almighty so-called satan is only watching without being able to do anything? Why is it that when any bad thing happens it's attributed to lucifer, and good to God? It's better to serve a God everyone believes is good, and later find out he is. Than to disbelieve in Him, and later find out he is good, to your detriment.

You ask questions like a 3-year-old slowpoke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by OgundeleT(m): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2016
analice107:

You are as one them. The Man of God never said anything about Hell's Gate, but why will you speak the truth? for telling lies, you are also headed towards their direction.
did i say am not going to hell Mr slowpoke? just agree that i am going with oyedepo because he will be the gateman, the key is with him. Oyedepo puppet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
analice107:

An atheist who is in love with the Devil..... Why won't we have us an atheist who is in love with Yahweh?
UyiIredia grin
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by newnature: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
No rapture or end time. Africans are stuck in Africa forever. No white man coming from the sky to zap them to mansions in heaven.

Nigerian children will not be labelled as witches anymore. Pastors who label kids as evil and witches would be locked up in psychiatric hospitals.

Reedemed would be an engineering company with a motto to open a technical workshop every 5kms. More jobs, less prayer points

Go out with family on Sundays for strolls and enjoy nature. Less noise and traffic.

Village people would stop being blamed for every misfortune that happens to their family members.

Africans won't care about Adam and Eve, or Jerusalem and Mecca. Pilgrimage to Osun and Umudike would increase IGR.

I see what your saying, but all the human race are in need of a justification that will come totally apart from anything that they do. To be justified is to be recognized as being right; it is a judicial decree of rightness. Paul wants us to know at one point in time something was true, but now something else is true.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Dharneehell(m): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2016
lilliesboy:

You ask questions like a 3-year-old slowpoke.
Okay.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2016
cloudgoddess:

How: Collaberative efforts of human imagination & storytelling, guided by the natural human inclination to attribute causes & effects where there are none, and to assume supernatural causes for unexplained phenomena.

Why: To provide answers to questions people had no way of answering yet (in the absense of science), such as what caused the weather and disease (Sun & rain gods, for example, were very common in early polytheistic societies, & diseases & bad weather were nearly always attributed to curses and upset deities). To help govern societies and provide mental strength in an age where resources were limited, war was rampant, and democracy was not yet invented. To give hope to the poor and dying. To alleviate the concerns regarding what happened after death, and avoid the pain of death by inventing an afterlife to look forward to.

Mostly for psychological, emotional, & political needs - the majority of which, as thriving modern secular societies have proven, can now be more than sufficiently met by non-religious means.
Now this is brilliant.
You talked about democracy, can you truly say there's full democracy in africa? That's the more reason why I'll keep saying Africa cannot Do without religion for now . Religion is a tool to control an undemocratic community (like africa)
Atheism can work somewhere outside Africa, yeah. But atheism in africa will definitly bring an end to the continent.
To give hope to the poor and dying.
So you know all these? Then why still insist religion should be abolished?
So many people need hope, so many people need to be comforted, so many people need something to hold on to in time of distress. And philosophers thought that the best way to control this is by introducing religion. Do you know how many broken marriages religion has saved? Do you know how many grieving families religion has comforted? Africans are naturally bloodthirsty, that's why before the coming of the whites we engaged in so many ill practices (killing of twins etc). Religion was used to forestall that.
Until Africans get educated way beyond what we have know, Religion will continue to be the bane of the society. You can't give atheism to uneducated folks and then expect a sane society afterwards. Nope!

Really, you're enlightened! But once again, leave religion for the religious.

3 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
newnature:

I see what your saying, but all the human race are in need of a justification that will come totally apart from anything that they do. To be justified is to be recognized as being right; it is a judicial decree of rightness. Paul wants us to know at one point in time something was true, but now something else is true.
Oh boy. I don't think you see what I am saying.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
UyiIredia grin
Why u come mention my name?
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
How about local medicines? The medicinal benefits of the kolanut? Our leaves and that nasty worm that grows on trees? Maybe we didn't have western medicine. But we had local healers who treated illnesses and sicknesses. If we didn't, we would all have been dead before they arrived our shores. grin..

hmmm. i was typing a reply to this, but i gave up. realizing there was little point
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
hmmm. i was typing a reply to this, but i gave up. realizing there was little point
Depends on your aim: Conversion or Discussion.

Don't give up on me, Bro. The Lord might yet use you mightily to bring me back to the fold. cool

3 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by simplex2: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Jehovah, what happened to this people?

Out eyez opened.

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set thee free.

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 23, 2016

Actually religion (especially christainity) is playing a vital role in controlling the universe. It gives hope to the hopeless, it unites families, some missionaries build free schools and hospitals, religion restrains one from doing evil, the list is endless.
Atheists shouldn't be against religion.
They should be after developing the world and leave religion for the religious. Cos if everyone is an atheist, then this world will be one poo hole. With crimes everywhere. My contribution.
well thats the problem relegion is holding the world from developing i believe that's what athiest are fighting for u see a new tech beimg developed u religious people will tag it as demonic how is that fair ?? how is thaz mking the world develope?? they r so many examples i can give of how religion is holding development down!

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 1:30am On Mar 23, 2016

Now this is brilliant.
You talked about democracy, can you truly say there's full democracy in africa? That's the more reason why I'll keep saying Africa cannot Do without religion for now . Religion is a tool to control an undemocratic community (like africa)
Atheism can work somewhere outside Africa, yeah. But atheism in africa will definitly bring an end to the continent.

So you know all these? Then why still insist religion should be abolished?
So many people need hope, so many people need to be comforted, so many people need something to hold on to in time of distress. And philosophers thought that the best way to control this is by introducing religion. Do you know how many broken marriages religion has saved? Do you know how many grieving families religion has comforted? Africans are naturally bloodthirsty, that's why before the coming of the whites we engaged in so many ill practices (killing of twins etc). Religion was used to forestall that.
Until Africans get educated way beyond what we have know, Religion will continue to be the bane of the society. You can't give atheism to uneducated folks and then expect a sane society afterwards. Nope!

Really, you're enlightened! But once again, leave religion for the religious.

How did the so-called "democratic/secular" countries in Europe et al transform from their undemocratic/supersticious state to what they are now, since you say atheism cannot work in Africa? How did it get to work in Europe/America, China etc, which were once in a (worst) stage than Africans are today? Religion gives FALSE hope, not real hope. And it promotes extremisms based on irrationalities, thus it is not needed/important in this century (and in the future)!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 1:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Lilbrown007:
well thats the problem relegion is holding the world from developing i believe that's what athiest are fighting for u see a new tech beimg developed u religious people will tag it as demonic how is that fair ?? how is thaz mking the world develope?? they r so many examples i can give of how religion is holding development down!

The missionaries built schools to help the smooth operation of colonialism through the enslavement of the "brain/mind" with Eurocentric values. What tangible benefits did the schools bring to Africans?

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2016
lilliesboy:

The missionaries built schools to help the smooth operation of colonialism through the enslavement of the "brain/mind" with Eurocentric values. What tangible benefits did the schools bring to Africans?
well u wont be able to post this right now if they was no effect
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Verbalist(m): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Hell yes

Like people don't post on net in China and sorts right. You must think the imperialist-colonialists some kind of heaven send

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by cloudgoddess(f): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
lilliesboy:

How did the so-called "democratic/secular" transformed from their undemocratic/supersticious state to what they are, since you say atheism cannot work in Africa? How did it get to work in Europe/America, China etc, which were once in a (worst) stage than Africans are today? Religion gives FALSE hope, not real hope. And it promotes extremisms based on irrationalities, thus it is not needed/important in this century (and in the future)!
Very good point.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by UncleSnr(m): 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
Me no dey for all these Thesis argument... mine na Pinshure I dey drop.

6 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by SpotlezDonald25(m): 1:27am On Mar 24, 2016
UncleSnr u've said it all.

I've been going tru this thread for the past 2 hrs reading every comment on it.
This thread has revealed so much to me..
SonOfLucifer u have so much points and u made so much sense in everything u said.
I'm a christian but I'm so dissapointed my fellow bredrens could not comprehend what you really meant.. They couldn't even defend their so called religion.

I so much believe that religion is a strong Hindrance to Africa's Development.

I'd love to learn more... grin
Liliesboy; cloudgoddess; simplex2; Lilbrown etc.. U guys are very intelligent and amazing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by simplex2: 5:47am On Mar 24, 2016
It seems pix conveys the message better.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2016
lalasticlala dis one too hawt? grin
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Ochoiho: 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
@ Son of Lucifer, can you prove to me the root of Afica, I mean the Father of Africa down to the very beginning and show me that Amadioha, Sango and Ifa were the gods he saved? There is one true God- the creator of Man, Heaven and earth. Your Father lucifer was thrown down from Heaven and deceive some few folks like you of whom Africa was one. You can continue with your work, your time is running out.

Naijaboy007:

Are you saying we Africans should do this to the Europeans now

(1) take their able men as slave.
(2) take their matured girls as sex machine to reliave our selves whenever we feel the urge.
(3) tell them their god is wicked and not real, that he will lead them straight to hell fire
(4) indoctrinate their children into believing our gods ifa, amadioha and other rivers or rocks gods/goddesses

Pls explain if this is the way you want Africa to develop
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
Even if GOD was REAL itll mean that all the 5000+ RELIGIOUS books Are all FALSE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lilbrown007:

You have proved my earlier point: the education/schools of the White missionaries in Africa was to make Africans (like you) more IGNORANT and stupid due to the many Eurocentric values in it. So, I write in English is a "benefit/effect" of schooling? What a pity. What if I decide to write in Ogbia, Hausa, Arabic, Chinese or even COPTIC (the ancient Aigyptian language)? Go and read about the ancient "NSIBIDI script" amongst the Ekpe cult or Efik people and you would know education existed here long before they came. You think education means speaking/writing ONLY in English. What an ignoramus. Even the Hausa/Fulani had been receiving (Arabic) education for over 150 years before the Europeans arrived.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
lilliesboy:

You have proved my earlier point: the education/schools of the White missionaries in Africa was to make Africans (like you) more IGNORANT and stupid due to the many Eurocentric values in it. So, I write in English is a "benefit/effect" of schooling? What a pity. What if I decide to write in Ogbia, Hausa, Arabic, Chinese or even COPTIC (the ancient Aigyptian language)? Go and read about the ancient "NSIBIDI script" amongst the Ekpe cult or Efik people and you would know education existed here long before they came. You think education means speaking/writing ONLY in English. What an ignoramus. Even the Hausa/Fulani had been receiving (Arabic) education for over 150 years before the Europeans arrived.
Lol u r realy funny o u do realize this is africa ryt?? u do realize during dose day we dont kno how to write shey though we can speek but not write! so nxt time think b4 u quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Receives Lost N250K Which Was Found By Hotel Worker In Saudi. PIC / Rev. Michael Ewache Dedicates First Child After 32 Years Of Childlessness / Donnie McClurkin Calls Super Bowl Halftime Performance "Absolutely Fantastic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.