Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. (2214 Views)

I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo) / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 6:46am On Mar 19, 2016
Months ago, I was OK, had no girl friend but I have friends that always try to be close even though I didn't ask them out,we were all good, after that I decided to ask dis girl out and she was fine, d relationship started OK but on its way I suspect something fishy, she'll hav call and try to hide it, I saw some messages on her phone that she can't explain, and I'm fed up, nd wanted to giv myself a breathing space, and I've been trying to get close to another girl but It's not just going as it used to be and I'm just confused. Pls I need ur advice,
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Pennsylvania: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:
Months ago, I was OK, had no girl friend but I have friends that always try to be close even though I didn't ask them out,we were all good, after that I decided to ask dis girl out and she was fine, d relationship started OK but on its way I suspect something fishy, she'll hav call and try to hide it, I saw some messages on her phone that she can't explain, and I'm fed up, nd wanted to giv myself a breathing space, and I've been trying to get close to another girl but It's not just going as it used to be and I'm just confused. Pls I need ur advice,

Focus more on yourself, getting a job if you don't have one and also making money. Don't be too desperate for a gf cos in your desperation you won't find any.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 6:52am On Mar 19, 2016
Pennsylvania:

Focus more on yourself, getting a job if you don't have one and also making money. Don't be too desperate for a gf cos in your desperation you won't find any.

Sure thanks, but somethings are not to be left alone, I'm a final year student nd don't want to end up like my uncle, now that he's interested in marrying, he's finding it difficult for many reasons, wishing he had mingled during school. Thanks for d advice.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2016
to start with, whats your business with your partner's phone? is it your phone?

the best and easiest way to get a serious heart attack in a relationship is to go through your partner's phone....

next time, mind your own phone and watch your relationship go on smoothly, except you fish out that thing red handed...

besides, you must not have a girlfriend na, it's not like having one guarantees your ticket to riches...save yourself the stress and do something better
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Smellymouth: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2016
OP, U re broke ..

No offeinse grin.focus more on yourself bro and work hard to make money!!!,

check my siggy

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Burnnotice(m): 7:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Smellymouth:
U re broke
hey bro' no picture reference this time?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by cruzita(f): 7:05am On Mar 19, 2016
no be una dey bash dem anyhow ?dey shout #TeamForeignGirls.now karma is at work .after all those wh*res are not loyal right?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Smellymouth: 7:06am On Mar 19, 2016
Burnnotice:
hey bro' no picture reference this time?

Check again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Smellymouth: 7:09am On Mar 19, 2016
cruzita:
no be una dey bash dem anyhow ?dey shout #TeamForeignGirls.now karma is at work .after all those wh*res are not loyal right?

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by liftedud(m): 7:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Final year no GF,u b virgin boy? Pls work on urself n see hw it goes, dnt go rubbing it on ur face dat u need her n u r new into it
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 7:21am On Mar 19, 2016
Monalisa185:

the best and easiest way to get a serious heart attack in a relationship is to go through your partner's phone....

next time, mind your own phone and watch your relationship go on smoothly, except you fish out that thing red handed...

besides, you must not have a girlfriend na, it's not like having one guarantees your ticket to riches...save yourself the stress and do something better
To be straight forward, I didn't go straight to her phone, some leads to something nd a message pops and she asked, who sent me message, miss, do I hav to say com and collect ur phone? And thanks for d advice
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Tallesty1(m): 7:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Monalisa185:

Of what use is keeping a girlfriend that you can touch anyhow, Bleep left and right but cannot touch her phone?

Is she a secret agent?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2016
Smellymouth:
OP, U re broke ..

No offeinse grin.focus more on yourself bro and work hard to make money!!!,

check my siggy

Eyyo smelly mouth. I'm not too rich and I'm not closer to poor, I can afford anything my average aged dude can afford, but I don't believe in buying relationship, it's disgusting.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 7:26am On Mar 19, 2016
liftedud:
Final year no GF,u b virgin boy? Pls work on urself n see hw it goes, dnt go rubbing it on ur face dat u need her n u r new into it
Big bros how far, I didn't say I don't have, I said as at now, I don't trust d one I'm with and finding it difficult to get across.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by firstking01(m): 7:28am On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Smellymouth: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:

Eyyo smelly mouth. I'm not too rich and I'm not closer to poor, I can afford anything my average aged dude can afford, but I don't believe in buying relationship, it's disgusting.

Egbon, you shouldn't have checked her phone.. cheesy

Word of advice for some of you guys. If a woman is going to cheat on you, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it. They are more calculating than us and they actually plan everything from start to finish before they even attempt it.

If you have to check their phone, chances are they have been stepping out on you for a while and they're already 2 steps ahead of you.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by firstking01(m): 7:34am On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:
Relationship of nowadays comes with lotsa headache...only those who are willing to endure the headache are deem fit for relationship...the present day relationship requires high level of discipline and self control or you 'll still be complaining cos there's no how you'd look @your girlfriends phone without seeing a text message from another guy that will break your heart...my advice, if you are not ready for the headache in a relationship you berra stay single and stick to your guns.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 7:43am On Mar 19, 2016
Smellymouth:

Egbon, you shouldn't have checked her phone.. cheesy

Word of advice for some of you guys. If a woman is going to cheat on you, there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it. They are more calculating than us and they actually plan everything from start to finish before they even attempt it.

If you have to check their phone, chances are they have been stepping out on you for a while and they're already 2 steps ahead of you.
Sure bro. Thanks for d advice, but I didn't check it intentionally.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Of what use is keeping a girlfriend that you can touch anyhow, Bleep left and right but cannot touch her phone?

Is she a secret agent?

first of all, keeping off a partner's phone does not only apply to a lady staying off her man's phone, means both parties staying off each others phone, I'm sure I implied that in my above statement...

now, you bleep your girlfriend left and right, she bleeps you as well, which is on a mutual agreement...no one does so without the other's consent...

a lot of people go through their partner's phone without their consent..

i believe everybody deserves his/her privacy in every relationship....
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Tallesty1(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2016
Monalisa185:

first of all, keeping off a partner's phone does not only apply to a lady staying off her man's phone, means both parties staying off each others phone, I'm sure I implied that in my above statement...

now, you bleep your girlfriend left and right, she bleeps you as well, which is on a mutual agreement...no one does so without the other's consent...

everybody deserves his/her privacy in every relationship....
If you're not working for the CIA or some other equivalent Intelligence organization then there's nothing private about your smartphone. I have a friend whose wife cannot answer his call, so I was at a site one day and a man came there looking for a plumber. I called this my friend many times but he didn't pick, meanwhile the wife was around all the time that the phone was ringing.

By the time he called back, the man has already gone to look for a plumber that someone else recommend. He lost the contract because of useless privacy.

We humans like giving people reason to distrust us. Why?

Any person who's in a truly loving and committed relationship shouldn't lock or forbid his/her significant other from touching his/her phone. It is a seed of distrust and a prove that you have some sneaky shits in there. It is not good even if there's nothing going on in there because it does seem like you're trying to hide something from your partner.

Personally, the woman that brought me up taught me from a very early age never to peep into a woman's handbag or deep hand in it for any reason. I grew up with that mentality and it is with me till today. I don't check a ladies bag or phone but I don't hide mine from my gf.

When I started dating my ex, she's the kind that locks every lockable gadget with pin. I told her my pin, then one day we were chatting and she was like only God knows what your inbox is like so I forwarded my username and password to her, I hid nothing, not even my ATM pin.

I did all that without asking for her own and she wasn't comfortable with that but gradually, she came to realize the seed I was planting and keyed in.

The trust in the relationship was 100% until we amicably parted ways.

If you have no sneaky shits in your inbox then don't hide your phone because someone is really attached to you automatically become hyper sensitive to anything that may suggest you're doing anything untoward cheating.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 11:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Monalisa185:

a lot of people go through their partner's phone without their consent..

i believe everybody deserves his/her privacy in every relationship....

Well relationship are different types. But after promising not to cheat, not to hurt. Then u think after sayin dis there should be something I will see in her phone number and will piss me of with regards to the relationship and u hav to keep it private from me, I believe in not goin to spouses phone but it's not like a bad thing if u do, it's just something u avoid if u want rest of mind. Like not taking sugar to avoid problem but if u take u didn't do anything bad. And I think it's an avenue of cheating or goin against one promise. Now when people say they see something in their girls phone, d first tin iss Wat did u go and look for in her phone not looking at Wat d girl does as if I went to her house to find her mothers ex boyfriend.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:

To be straight forward, I didn't go straight to her phone, some leads to something nd a message pops and she asked, who sent me message, miss, do I hav to say com and collect ur phone? And thanks for d advice

a message entered and she asked 'who sent me a message'....hello? she didn't ask the content of the message...there's a way you can easily see the sender without opening it, if you didn't have something in mind to fish out, even after reading that particular one, you went ahead to read others...insecurity alert!!

anyways, the blame ain't on you, I guess you
didn't know that staying off your partners phone would save you alotta heart attack, now you know...when next your new girlfriend says "WHO SENT ME A MESSAGE?" you go on and say "BABE, I WOULDN'T KNOW NA, COME GET YOUR PHONE"
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by melison29(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
ajaylee1:
oga take am easy dis life na small small o just don't rush into relationships, be patient nd kip searching for the right one

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 12:56am On Mar 20, 2016
Tallesty1:
If you're not working for the CIA or some other equivalent Intelligence organization then there's nothing private about your smartphone. I have a friend whose wife cannot answer his call, so I was at a site one day and a man came there looking for a plumber. I called this my friend many times but he didn't pick, meanwhile the wife was around all the time that the phone was ringing.

By the time he called back, the man has already gone to look for a plumber that someone else recommend. He lost the contract because of useless privacy

how did you know that the wife was there when you were calling? I'm sure that one thing led to the other and both parties agreed on none of them going through or taking the other's call without any permission/consent...

so if you were in the woman's shoes, you would just go on and take a call that didn't go through to your own phone? that act alone is a sign of serious insecurity knocking at your door.. (na to open door remain)

the man didn't lose that opportunity because his wife 'supposedly' didn't take the call, he lost it because he was not close to his phone at that time

Tallesty1:
We humans like giving people reason to distrust us. Why?

this is not a matter of humans giving people reason to distrust us, its a matter of people respecting humans' privacy...someone can trust you and still respect your privacy, it is that simple [/b]

Tallesty1:
any person who's in a truly loving and committed relationship shouldn't lock or forbid his/her significant other from touching his/her phone. It is a seed of distrust and a prove that you have some sneaky shits in there. It is not good even if there's nothing going on in there because it does seem like you're trying to hide something from your partner.

there's a little misunderstanding here, I didn't say say it's forbidden for a partner to permit the other to go through his/her phone I said it's forbidden for a partner to go through the other's phone without his/her consent/permission...

Tallesty1:
personally , the woman that brought me up taught me from a very early age never to peep into a woman's handbag or deep hand in it for any reason. I grew up with that mentality and it is with me till today. I don't check a ladies bag or phone but I don't hide mine from my gf.

ohhhhh, thank goodness you were taught never to invade people's privacy, I'm glad

Tallesty1:
when I started dating my ex, she's the kind that locks every lockable gadget with pin. I told her my pin, then one day we were chatting and she was like only God knows what your inbox is like so I forwarded my username and password to her, I hid nothing, not even my ATM pin.

I did all that without asking for her own and she wasn't comfortable with that but gradually, she came to realize the seed I was planting and keyed in

The trust in the relationship was 100% until we amicably parted ways.

every time "Una ex, Una ex" e no dey ever be 'my current girlfriend'..guys ehhhh? I troway cap for una ooogringrin (na joke oogrin)

okay, back to the topic...you gave her your pin, by yourself, which means you gave her a go ahead to check your inbox meaning your permission was sought, good of you, very good...

giving her all you mentioned does not even guarantee any 100% trust, laye!! how does that stop you from being unfaithful off your phone?

if someone does not trust you, no amount of pin-sharing can make the person trust you? trust goes way beyond what happens on one's phone or on the person's social media inbox.. and please, a piece of advice, no matter who it is, always keep your ATM pin safe

Tallesty1:
you have no sneaky shits in your inbox then don't hide your phone because someone is really attached to you automatically become hyper sensitive to anything that may suggest you're doing anything untoward cheating.

locking your phone does not necessarily mean that mean that you hiding some sneaky shiits...

in fact, for you to think that everyone who locks his/her phone while in a relationship has something sneaky going on shows your level of insecurity...

that one is in a relationship or really attached to someone does not mean that the person should lose every sense of privacy...

again, I was talking about partner's going through each other's phones without any permission/consent
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by ajaylee1(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:

a message entered and she asked 'who sent me a message'....hello? she didn't ask the content of the message...there's a way you can easily see the sender without opening it, if you didn't have something in mind to fish out, even after reading that particular one, you went ahead to read others...insecurity alert!!

didn't know that staying off your partners phone would save you alotta heart attack, now you know...when next your new girlfriend says "WHO SENT ME A MESSAGE?" you go on and say "BABE, I WOULDN'T KNOW NA, COME GET YOUR PHONE"

Why do people just think around what they can see, think out of d box bro, yes I'm annoyed I'm heart broken but I'm happy I realize d truth and I didn't regret it. I prefer to cry over d truth than keep myself a prisoner, thinking someone is there for u when they are really not there, u want to keep yourself from heart attack? Continue, d day u wil realize d truth, heart attack will be too small.
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
ajaylee1:

Why do people just think around what they can see, think out of d box bro, yes I'm annoyed I'm heart broken but I'm happy I realize d truth and I didn't regret it. I prefer to cry over d truth than keep myself a prisoner, thinking someone is there for u when they are really not there, u want to keep yourself from heart attack? Continue, d day u wil realize d truth, heart attack will be too small.

this oga is still misunderstanding me sf...seems you are still hurt...take cold water and chill abeg...Pele

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by johnson232: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:

what rubbish are u saying? undecided
shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say...

are u by any way trying to justify cheating?

worthless b!tch...

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by johnson232: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:

this oga is still misunderstanding me sf...seems you are still hurt...take cold water and chill abeg...Pele
u are the one misunderstanding urself undecided

whoore...
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Monalisa185(f): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
johnson232:
what rubbish are u saying? undecided shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say...
are u by any way trying to justify cheating?
worthless b!tch...
OKAY
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by johnson232: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:

OKAY
get out... undecided
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Pennsylvania:

Seconded
Re: Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. by Specialbaby(f): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:

hello!

If your man deny you access to his gadget and stuffs,hope you wil n't be offended? Because it not yours right? Transparency is a key factor if any relationship must stand the test of time!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, what Will You Do or feel If You Find Out Your Partner Is This? (photo) / I Never Knew That Rats Do Eat Used Condoms / Ladies..if u spent most times sendin text messages, you not a wifey material!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.