Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant (1866 Views)

Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st / Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by naijacutee(f): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
A virtual assistant is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely from a home office. Tasks involve Microsoft Word, social media management (Twitter, Facebook etc), blogging, customer services via e-mail.

These are services I need myself, and I actually was about to hire someone from Fiverr, but had a rethink and thought it might be better to sow a seed into the life of an inclined job seeker to make a career out of this. So I decided on n experiment: I would like to train someone to work with me as a VA - pay for them to go on a course if need be, but also allow them to be free to work for themselves and seek supplementary work. I will assist them in finding regular international clients for this purpose, and also personally commit to providing them with a minimum of $100 worth of work monthly.

All I seek is someone who is reliable, has reliable internet access, great organisational skills, and is an articulate writer. This is not a position for anyone who wants to get rich quick. It is a position for someone who wants to control their own destiny and grow better, adding more skills to their portfolio and making money while doing so. If you own a blog, even better.

If this interests you, please PM.

3 Likes

Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Cutehector(m): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
Tosyne2much
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by scampy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
nice one @Op
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by tosyne2much(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
I just hope this is real... OP, I will say I'm interested because I have most of the attributes you crave
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by naijacutee(f): 7:15am On Mar 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
I just hope this is real... OP, I will say I'm interested because I have most of the attributes you crave

It's real o. I've been on Nairaland for too long to post things that aren't real

2 Likes

Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Salvame(f): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thank you poster.That's very thoughtful of you.I will love to do the job and I know I can do it very well.I love learning and I learn very fast.i love any work that has to do with computer.I read accounting but I have this passion for computer and internet.I am an honest person.the pay does not necessarily matter,at least there is "something"at the end of the day.I am presently doing nothing which is not healthy for me at all.salvame
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Senorita123(f): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks a lot for this great opportunity. I already sent my CV and cover letter.

1 Like

Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Senorita123(f): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks a lot for this great opportunity. I already sent my CV and cover letter.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by odimbannamdi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
naijacutee:

It's real o. I've been on Nairaland for too long to post things that aren't real

Is this position still open?? can i still apply?
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Cool.
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by naijacutee(f): 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Is this position still open?? can i still apply?

You can still apply.

Thanks to everyone who has applied so far. I've started contacting those who I think sound good for the role, and should reach out to all selected candidates by Friday. Apologies, I'd like to notify you sooner, but I'm extremely busy and have been going through your CVs and cover letters one by one.

Some notes:
- In your CV, your date of birth and state of origin aren't necessary.
- There's no need to create a separate document for your cover letter. Your email body can be your covering letter.
- I really don't need your marital status, honestly.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
naijacutee:

Some notes:
- In your CV, your date of birth and state of origin aren't necessary.
- There's no need to create a separate document for your cover letter. Your email body can be your covering letter.
- I really don't need your marital status, honestly.

All the best.
cheesy I'd say that's grounds for disqualification right there.
Re: Experiment: I Want To Train Someone To Be A Self-employed Virtual Assistant by pappy4real(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Can I still apply? And how time consuming is it pls? By this I mean can one combine it wiyh another job?

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Engineer At PSE Consultants Limited / Field Sales (outside Sales) Representative Needed / 2016 Npower Volunteers Sends Strong Message To Presidency, See Their Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.