Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies (636 Views)

Young Ladies In Towels Storm Studio For Photoshoot / Why Do Some Young Ladies Find Married Men More Attractive? / Ladies, Would You Say Yes If He Proposed With This? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies by cooltobex(m): 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hi peeps, y'all doing all right? I read this story on Encomium.ng and thought I should share.

My first thoughts:
"Life is not always about where you start, but how you end up; I think this message needs to be impressed on our young ladies, especially when it comes to marriage.

"The big names we hear of today are people who delayed gratification in order to get what mattered more at some point in their lives.

"And like we know, you either pay today, and play tomorrow; or play today and pay tomorrow. The choice is yours!"
---
THE STORY
The rapid growth of technology and the social media has given room for a lot of exposure and avenues to show off.
Most young people live and breathe the social media, hence the need to show off any newly acquired item and daily activities to get popularity on social media.
Social Media platforms like Instagram and snap chat are currently the happening platforms.
It was reported recently that a lady rejected the engagement ring with which her boyfriend of three years proposed to her because the stone on the ring wasn’t big enough and that the ring was too cheap, and also she had to meet up with the standard she had set for herself on her social media accounts. So, showing a cheap ring with a small stone will not make her trend
online.
Popular wedding blogs like Bellanaija and Wedding Digest are known to feature romantic proposals and beautiful rings.
In fact, there is a belief that if you are featured in the websites or social media pages of any of the wedding blogs, you automatically become cool, popular then gain
more followers and likes. This had made a lot of ladies go crazy about the kind of rings they get proposed with.
So, ladies begin to hint their boyfriends on the type of rings they want by showing them samples on the internet. Some ladies also go to the extent of buying their own engagement rings.

Encomium.ng did a search speaking with young ladies and asking them what they would do if their boyfriend proposed with a cheap ring and if the price or size of a ring equals the love a man has for his woman,
and we sure got a lot of interesting views…
---
ADEFUNKE
-Are you a big fan of romantic proposals?
Yes, I am.
-Do you think an expensive engagement/proposal ring is equivalent to a man’s love for his woman?
No, an expensive engagement ring is not equivalent to a man’s love for his woman.
-What would you do if your man proposes with a cheap engagement ring?
I would not mind because it is the content of his heart that matters, not the ring.
---
ADERONKE
Yes, I am.
-Do you think an expensive engagement ring is equivalent to a man’s love for his woman?
No, I don’t think so.
Engagement rings are more like proposal rings and only last till they get married. I wouldn’t mind because it can be changed to something better and more expensive.
---
AJARAT
Yes, I am.
-Do you think an expensive engagement ring is equivalent to a man’s love for his woman?
No, I don’t think so.
I don’t know what I’ll do but I’m sure I’ll be upset.
---
EBUNOLUWA
No, I’m not.
Do you think an expensive engagement ring is equivalent to a man’s love for his woman?
No, it’s not.
I would definitely collect it. Ka ti se marriage ni koko ko ma da fun ring. Person don dey old (Marriage is more important, not the ring. I’m getting old).
---
DEBBIE
No, I’m not.
No, I do not think an expensive engagement ring is equivalent to a man’s love for his woman
I’m actually indifferent about it because it’s the thought that matters.
---
ANITA
Yes, I am a big fan of romantic proposals.
No, I don’t.
I would accept it but I’d hold it against him for years. I’m sure he won’t want me mad at him so he won’t try it.
---
OLUWATOSIN
No, I’m not.
No, it’s not.
-How would you even know if the ring is cheap? It is just an engagement ring not a wedding ring. All that don’t matter.
---
ABIKE
Yes, I am.
No, it’s not.
I’m fine, as long as he is putting a ring in my finger. Expensive or not, the ring should be gold plated or have a nice stone. But if it is all these Romania kind of rings, chai, I
would collect it o, but I won’t be wearing it and if he asks
why I would let him know.
---
OLUSORE
Yes, I am.
I don’t think the price of a ring is equivalent to the love a man has for his woman.
Cheap is relative. What is cheap to you might be expensive to me. I won’t like my man to propose with a N2,000 ring, though.
----
Culled from www.encomium.ng (story by Tinuola Joseph)
----
Find more inspired thoughts on my blog @ www.stillsmallvoiceblog..com

(1) (Reply)

Single And Searching / Lets Talk About Emily Ratajkowski, No Bikini Is Strong Enough To Get Her Husband / Do You Agree With Rita Dominic? Guys/ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.