Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship (752 Views)

Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by ifedapo2016: 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
We are in a world where life is not fair and for you to be successful in your relationship you must be selfish. Don't get me wrong when I say selfish I don't mean you shouldn't share whatever you have with your partner, there is love in sharing. In fact there is no relationship if you can't share whatever you have with your partner. I will get to explain what I meant by selfish in this article and why you should be selfish.

Most people in life do things for their selfish interest , but we are talking about relationship so all the points will be about relationship. A guy see a girl, with a good body structure, he lust after her and went ahead to woo her, his intention was just to sleep with her but its now left for the lady in question to be make the right decision , the decision the lady is about to make is a selfish one just to protect her own interest which is a good one.

We are to be in control of our emotions, you should be in control of your heart and you must always be ready to take the right decision at any time. This decision might be selfish but its for your own good because if you leave yourself out and consider the other person instead, when the problem starts you will be the only one to suffer and bear it.

Let's look at it again from this angle, you are in a relationship, you are both in love with yourself, deeply in love and you are planning to get married before the bombshell which is you are both AS. This is very heart breaking, you love each other, you don't want to let go but the right thing to do is to let go. One of you might be saying don't worry, it's nothing, we can work it out, we can go to the doctor and time it , we will pray to God about it. Fine, our God is a merciful God and there is nothing impossible for him to do but in this case is better you face the reality. You have to be totally selfish in this situation, you have to forget the feelings of your partner and think about your own feelings and your unborn children. You have to break his/her heart, you have to hurt him/her. Let's say you overlooked it and eventually got married, everything was fine at the beginning until you gave birth and maybe they are AS, after some years they started having their medical crises and maybe later you find out that your husband has kids outside. What will you do?

There are many more situations like this, when your partner won't want to let go, they will beg you, they might go crazy, they might be devastated but nobody can treat you better than yourself, nobody can make you happy than yourself , you know what's right for you, you know what you want, so it's better you quit if everything you are getting it's not what suits you or what you want for yourself because if you want to manage it, you can't manage It for long and at the end you will be so miserable which won't bother your partner.

People will give you advice, people will condemn you, they will say so many things but the fact still remains, if you follow them you bear the consequences, if you don't follow them you and follow you own advice, you will bear the consequences but you are the only one that can tell yourself what's best for you. I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to advice, it's a very good thing to ask for knowledge but at the end you're the one wearing the shoe and you know exactly where it hurts.

The partner that told you, you shouldn't worry that he/she is there for you can disappear when the problem starts, the weird part is, he might even be the one or part of the people creating the problem. Or do you think I'm making it up? With the example I make with genotype, you have kids that are AS, you think your husband can't tell you, woman I can't be wasting money all your sick children, you can't give me healthy children so it's your cross. Don't let it be too late, before it gets to that point, be selfish and take your decision. If the relationship is nothing to write about, quit. Do not force it, do not patch it, do not manage it into marriage and do not stay because you have pity on your partner because your partner might not have pity on you later on.

Helpful ?

YES or NO

Drop your comments

AJiboye Ifedapo
BBM PIN: 2B4352C5
BBM Channel pin: C0012F050

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by LordDarius(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Sorry bros, dis stuff kinda much to read. Better with highlighted point...
Re: Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by ifedapo2016: 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ok, noted thanks
Re: Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by firstking01(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Was expecting a listt of 10 or somethinggrin
Re: Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by Laveda(f): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
Can't read this cry

The topic alone is discouraging cry

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Be Selfish When It Comes To Relationship by Adasun(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
yes embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Find It Difficult To Compliment The Looks Of Their Man? / Whose Boo Is This? / PHOTO: See The Kind Of Guy She Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.