Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns (865 Views)

Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / Abuja Rally Divides Pro-buhari Group / Suffering And Smiling: Nigerians Blast I Stand With Buhari Group (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns by BossWike(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
Coordinator of #iStandWithBuhari group resigns

– Mustapha Ramalan resigns as coordinator of pro-Buhari group

– He says he doubts the group’s path

– His proposal that the planned march for Buhari be cancelled was overruled

Crisis seems to be rocking a pro-Buhari group, #IStandWithBuhari leading to the resignation of the national coordinator, Mustapha Ramalan.

According to Premium Times, Ramalan said he resigned because he did not believe anymore in the direction of the group.
“Having led the organization these past couple of weeks, I have reached a hard and inevitable decision of stepping down as its national coordinator with immediate effect,” Mr. Ramalan said.

“If I must lead the organization, I must be convinced more than anyone, on the path we chose for ourselves.”

Mr Ramalan said he was uncomfortable with some decisions taken by the group. He mentioned that he had reservations concerning the proposed nine million-man march in support of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Abdullahi Aliyu, who is an associate of the former coordinator, said he pushed for a postponement of the planned march but was overruled.
Mr Aliyu said: “Mr. Ramalan is of the opinion that the nine million-man pro-Buhari march should be postponed because the government is still trying to pick up and hence should be given more time to justify the nine million-man march. Not this time.”

The publicity secretary of the group said the march was planned to urge Nigerians to support President Buhari and support his policies. Ramalan was appointed earlier this month to lead the group although his replacement has not been announced yet.

https://www.naij.com/770766-buhari-group-crisis-coordinator-resigns.html

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns by BossWike(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Chai... I pity Zombies o grin

Their work is becoming more difficult as the day goes by cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns by CecyAdrian(f): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns by hamzakito(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns by BossWike(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Failure is an orphan

(1) (Reply)

Where Is John Dan Fulani? / FG Created Islamic Caliphate For Boko Haram In Nigeria / Senate Gives Buhari Final Warning Over Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.