Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" (4691 Views)

How Many Times Have You Had Ur Heart Truly Broken Before Finding The One? / How Many Times Did You Get Your Heart Broken Before Meeting "The One? / Have You Been Heart broken Before, How Did You Come Out? "hollandis" word 4 you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by natasha: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2005
We met at a christmas party organised by a family friend precisely in 1998. He was charming, tall handsome and i admired him. He secretly admired me too and asked his sister to find out my name and other details. At the end of the get - together, i secretly hoped i'd see him again. Just like i wished, He turned up in my church the next day. I just greeted him and walked to meet my friends. That was the begining of a fairytale that would change my thoughts, feelings, perceptions, my life as a whole for ever. He came to my church the next sunday, after service he asked me out, and though i've been toasted several times (I was young and never had a boyfriend) this seemed different. In his words " Can i have a place in your heart, as a friend, a brother and a lover".

Suprisingly, I said No, but he seemed persistent and i said yes to him after 3 wks of pretence. Our relationship was based on Mutual understanding and true love. He was't rich, infact he was living with his parents who were strict. We were so much in love with each other, nothing else mattered to us than each other's hapiness. I was a year his senior in school, though he was my senior in age. I went to see him one sunday and met his parents who told me off.

I never went to his place again and he never visited me either. we never saw or communicated after then. i lived those days loving him more and believing he would come back to me because i believed we shared something special, something out of this world. I knew how much I loved him, but i did'nt want to put him in more mess than i already had with his folks so i kept my distance.

One saturday morning, i was watching TV, there was a knock on the door, my younger brother answered, Lo and behold, it was him, My dream man, my prince charming, my heart, my own, my life, my own sweetheart had returnd to me after 5 months. i felt like jumping to his arms and telling him how much i missed him but i couldn't because of my brother...

When we finally got to talk, i realised his parents had moved home and they were barely around now so the coast was clear for us. he did not tell me why he never communicated with me and i never asked, i was so overjoyed that we were back together. How foolish I was. My man had changed, he was still the loving man he used to be but he was far from faithful. It was'nt like news to me because my friends who opposed the relationship based on our educational difference had gossiped about seeing him with different girls at romantic spots when we were apart...

I will continue this story. i need to do something quick
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by alheri(f): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2005
natasha pls hurry with the second part of your story. i have to hear it all
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by fabian(f): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2005
natasha why d suspense? You'd have finished or not typed at all oh! Don't keep us waiting too long k?
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by prettyH(f): 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2005
For petes sake why did u start what u wouldn't finish. Pls if u aint gonna conclude delete it.
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by rihanna(f): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2005
girl this is a heavy suspense i can't take it no more i'm going to continue the story  by myself ok[s].:well so one day, she was wit' her friends and... [/s] (cheesy) just kiddin' girl hope u done wit' what u were doin' bring your a** over here! (cheesy) i got a class soon but i'll come back to get the rest of the story! don't disappoint me because i'm bringin' friends wit' me.
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by ocho(f): 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2005
C'MON NATASHA, YOU GOT ME ALL HOOKED AND INTERESTED IN THE STORY AND THEN JUST LEFT ME HANGING, PLEASE FINISH THE STORY AND GIRL, YOU MUST HAVE REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVED THIS GUY, YOUR WORDS SAY IT ALL! SO ANYWAY, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by fabian(f): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2005
Natasha, where are you?
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Z4M4eva(f): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2005
Yeah I have, about once or twice, I think
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by natasha: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2005
Sorry for keepin u all in suspense, i was down health wise. (so the story continues)

I could not bring myself to confront him about the stories I heard, so i just let things go on. One day, I caught him red handed with a girl who my friends had insisted had something wit him. I looked at him, and without a word walked away. I cried myself out, wondering where i had gone wrong. finally I wrote him telling him t'was over between us. though I did not get over him because i was hopelessly in love. I kept praying he'd come back and apologise because my decision was influenced by my friends. And indeed, he returned to me full of apologies and promises, I gladly took him back into my arms, my heart and life. Once again, i was happy and my old bubblin self. Anything anyone said about us didn't matter to me.

One night he came to my place and we went strolling, he held me and looked into my eyes, promised never to let me down, he promised to always be there for me, promised to love and trust me as much as I did. Said he felt lucky to have me. I knew he meant everything he said that night because i could see it all in his eyes. From that night our relationship took a new turn for the best. We became inseperable, we grew close and our love grew deep.

Something happened, I travelled during a summer holiday with my family and came back 3 wks after. I went to see him, he didn't seem happy to see me, he didn't seem to have missed me. I tried to find out what the problem was, but the more i dug deep, the more he pulled away. I felt he needed space so i stayed away.

I don't speak to my friends about our relationship because if their obvious feelings, but i spoke to one who knew how we felt about each other. She then told me My man had been seeing an acquaintance of mine while i was away. At the end i realised he had really cheated on me big time during my 3 wk holiday.

I blamed myself for staying away. I tried to talk things with him, but he wasn't interested. he then began a series of accusations on me. After all said and done, I looked at him in the eye and said to him: when u asked me out, u didn't ask me to be your girl, u said u wanted a place in my heart. I did not give u a place, i gave u all my heart, i've been true to u even when u have failed, i've been faithful to u, i've believed in u, in us and no matter what u say to me, it won't change how i feel about u.
He just looked at me and walked out. so our relationship took a turn for the worse, i barely went out, i felt so alone, so dejected, rejected and devastated. I remembered the night he made those promises and wondered what happened to the love we shared. I got up and went to his house, i asked him where i went wrong, i told him i'm open to corrections but he just told me he didn't want 2 talk about it.

In july 2001, i went out with my friends and then i saw him in company of his friends and some girls. he cameover to me and said hi and went back to his friends. now there was this same girl, the same one we had a row over some years back wit him, the way he smiled at her, the way he looked into her eyes, those looks belonged to me. it was obvious i had lost him, right there in front of my friends, the shame was to much to bear, so i told my friends to change base.
Somehow, he knew how i felt so he came to see me some weeks after, and told me i denied him sex, while she offered him everything he needed, besides the feelings he had for me had changed and if i cared to know, they never stopped seeing each other since 1999. he just didn't know how to tell me. I reminded him of the promises he made, never to hurt me and to always be there. He didn't seem to care.

He looked at me and said he wanted out of the relationship because he didn't believe i wasn't seeing someone else. With one last look, he walked out the door, out of my life. My world came crumbling, my heart was broken, all i could feel was pain and rejection.

2 years after, i was a 2nd yr student in uni wit no boyfriend because i was still hurting and cldn't bring myself to trust a guy. But i remembered my mum once said never judge the world by a man's actn. Then i decided to be happy again, to love again. I took that step which i was scared of taking 2 years ago.

My ex wants me back, but i'm older now, more experienced and wiser. He once said to me, he hopes to marry a girl who would love and treat him like i did. I'm not hurting anymore, i have everything i want in life today.

I don't know what your experience in life is, but i do know mine was sour until I took a step.

Today I'm happily married, last sept i was one yr in marriage and we r expecting our first bundle of joy any mioment. My husband is the most wonderful, romantic and God fearing man i could ever ask for. a man who would wake me up in the middle of the night just to tell me how much he loves and adores me.

NB: Never let the fear of loosing, keep u from playing the game.

1 Like

Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by fabian(f): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2005
Phew at long last! hope your better now? Sorry!
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by prettyH(f): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2005
Finally d story has come to an end.

@Natasha
Gosh..wondering why it was taking dat long. Guess i know now.

Hope u r better.

Now back to d story.

Thank God for u, u were able to move on. Time they say is d healer of wounds and i guess that sorted urs out. Pple aren't able to move or even when they do tend to hate d other gender. D chap was an ass. Take it. He didn't deserve u and his excuses were just trivial ones. If he loved u enough, he wld brass any problems or weakness in u and the relationship. But i guess , since he had his hands in too many pies, gave him d right to say crap. I certainly know how u felt after all d promises and he goes about acting like a jerk. U totally feel betrayed especially since u had been warned. But all d same u r happily married, which is the dream of evry girl. So who's had d last laugh..u of course

Wish u da best in ur marriage and lots of adorable future sweethearts(kids)
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by rihanna(f): 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2005
Go gurl

aint no man stoppin" us. we'll move on and leave dem to grind their teeth and wail. cuz as they say: wat goes around comes around.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by alheri(f): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2005
am happy about ur happy ending. had some ruff times too once but God saw me thru. Goodluck in ur marriage. safe delivery
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by nike4luv(f): 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2005
wow..ur like soo strong Tash..yay!
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by ocho(f): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2005
oh my word! Natasha, i'm so happy for you and i'm glad things ended the way they did. Look at it this way, if u never experienced heart break or rejection, then you wouldn't know what true love(the one you're experiencing right now) feels like and would probably have taken it for granted. All the best in your marraige and i wish you a safe delivery. As 4 the heart breaker, he wasn't man enough for you girl!
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by stephanie7(f): 12:39am On Nov 17, 2005
my story is similar and now i am happy too. life goes on everyone has to remember that
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 17, 2005
Life goes on cry
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by blendz4real(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2005
This is really wonderful. You really had an experience of a life time with him. Well was over but not over!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by hipcaramel(f): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2005
girl, your story's so romantic. he wakes up in the middle of the nite to tell u how much he loves you??!!!!!! smiley that's so so so romantic. God's best in your marriage, have a safe delivery. if it's a girl, make sure u tell her your story when she's of age, cool. take care and God bless.
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2005
I hope you're not the type that gets cranky when someone wakes you up!

Husband: [wakes you up] I just wanted to say that I love you so much ...
Wife: Me too. Now can I get some sleep, please? Thank you!
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by natasha: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2005
thanks 4 ur nice comments.
@seun: It's a norm in the marriage so i actually look 4ward 2 it
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by timmy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2005
SO SAD  sad sub, sub makes me feel like crying  cry

Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by ocho(f): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2005
@ seun, that'd be me acting like that! grin
just kidding, that'd be sooooooo romantic coming from my husband
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by disney(f): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2005
hey, that was interesting and am telling ya thats what l tell my girlfriends..........if a guy just ain't treating ya like a queen. he's not worth the stress.........many fine better guys are out there who would be dying to have ya.once a man loves you , he loves .........and when he ain't feeling ya, he's not at all. but all the same........have a safe delivery.
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by lullaby(f): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2005
Umm, he waking me up during sleep to tell me he loves me, ok first time, ok 2nd time but the 3rd time, I dont think it will be received well. Sleep and I have a very strong love affair. Yeah, I will tell hubby I love him too and calmly tell him never to wake me up again for that reason again...lol, just kidding
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Rhodalyn(f): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2005
i'm happy 4 u,
enjoy ur marriage n 4get aba dat son of a gun who had da heart 2 treat u da way he did
ope he rots in hell
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by whiteshark(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2005
big up madam
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by adesodgi(m): 12:34am On Nov 19, 2005
u know this life is full of turns round tha corner,well done tash.i believe the guy doesn't deserve miya..
I wish i could find some one who would love miya as much as God does,but its impossible..but i wouldn't mind a lady loving miya as much as u loved im embarassed
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2005
you peeps are living in a crazy different world.
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Z4M4eva(f): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2005
@Timmy,where did you get that picture from?,it sure is funny!LMFAO
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by timmy(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2005
thats my little secret grin.. well if you most know sha ill pm you the link. and by the way whats the meaning of this thingy LMFAO
Re: Love Story: "Have you had your heart broken before?" by Z4M4eva(f): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2005
I'll pm you the meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs That You Have Been Charmed!! / MR NAIRALAND: The Motivation Behind Forming A Group For A Contest Is POVERTY / My Boyfriend Brings In Men To Have Sex With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.