Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption (27029 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Asian Bank, AIIB, Appoints Okonjo-Iweala To Advisory Panel / WATCH: Okonjo Iweala Advises Buhari On How To Improve Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by femmycares(m): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
chukwudi44:

NOI has got far better job options than working for an illiterate cool cool
Aren't u ashamed of your certificate? U got every educational qualification desired and still governed by an illiterate. Some youths ehn
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by femmycares(m): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
esere826:

U aware that folks like amaechi, fashola and oshiomole fought against all of these foreign reserve things, and requested that the money be shared?
Get ur facts before displaying ur ignorance in public.No country shares foreign reserve and those u mentioned did not request for that.They requested sovereign wealth fund be shared.U may need to educate urself on what SWF connotes under GEJ
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by optimusprime2(m): 3:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
mideactive:
Wat actually happened 2 her under gej,dis woman was d reason y we had our debt 4given,n had a Robust foreign reserve under obj,even wen our income was quiet low.wat is she not tellin,is she part of d conspiracy,y dint she resign?wit her pedigree n income boom wen gej was president,we'r suppose 2 av hit $100b reserve.how come all dis happened right under her,n she covered it all up.she has 2 come out clear.as 4 now,I still see her as part of d gang up..
If you check well you'd realize another woman in power, one D.A.M woman like that was given too much leeway, and grew out of control.
Please leave Mma Okonjo out of it, she tried her best.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by NigeriaPresident: 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Politicowizard:

Mrs NOI, why can't you give such advice to Jonathan during your time. useless woman seeking attention from Buhari..

Robot is far better than your damaged and dead cerebrum. What correlation has what she said got to do with Eastern part of Nigeria?

Can't you atleast hide your ethnic biasness and bigotry and view issues on the prism of objectivity?

It's quite pitiful for this show of shame, shallow mindedness, bigotry, hate, and acrimony.

Irredeemably pathetic!

I don't mention south east because of what NOI said. I mention them for producing those that I quote in my post.. well, you are nowhere to query me.. if you are annoyed,, go and look for the nearest ocean and end your anger.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by NigeriaPresident: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
donephi:

It's unfortunate you lack respect and regards for elders. What gave you the temerity to insult a woman whom none of your family members or your 10 generations to come can measure up with her or her successes. Learn to share your opinions without insult especially to elders

and my family isn't have a curse that will affect the next generation on them just like NOI. for any person that has brought suffering on Nigerians. none of them will have pea*e of mind.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by nike4love: 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Goke7:

me mallam? you must have quoted the wrong post o grin
Hahahahahaaa The way u where angrily quoting ppl made me think u re frm the north.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by wirinet(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
donephi:
Building institutions is the best way of eradicating corruption just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector

How will you build institutions when you have not built the personnel that will man the institutions. In fact institutions are the people and not the structures that house the institutions. So the best way of eradicating corruption is by building men with good education, strong morals and impeccable character.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by prophetfire: 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Goke7:
madam puff puff, thanks for the belated advise, madam kemi have been plugging the holes by eradicating ghost workers and even suspended the madam that has been earning 60m monthly even under your supervision. If you were doing same when you were in office, we would have better of today.

Anyway thanks once again
y didn she do these,esp plugging loop-holes whn she was incharge?she was paying ghost workers.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by arsenal33: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
donephi:
Building institutions is the best way of eradicating corruption just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector

He forgot to do it in the financial, private jet, NSA, Works, Immigration, customs and first lady sectors
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by stonemasonn: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
The ex-prime minister of Nigeria has spoken, all ye take heed.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Temidayo9(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
chukwudi44:
NOI abeg tell the olodo!! not by using the DSS,EFCC and sahara reporters to harass,intimidate and malign the image of political opponents
Hope you re part of the loot. Youth of tomorrow talking like this... i weeep for Nigeria
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by kareemkamil(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Mummy u 2 are technocrat thief, because d way u lay down how 2 cash thief, that shows that u 2 are theif.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Charly68: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
This people abuse our collective sanity through their stupid conduct in govt and saintly disposition in the public ..Abi how do we describe a woman under whose biluons were diverted into ghost contracts and ghost workers coming forward to offer this kind of advice in the public
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by kareemkamil(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
Mummy u are not making sense.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Charly68: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
This people abuse our collective sanity through their stupid conduct in govt and saintly disposition in the public ..Abi how do we describe a woman under whose supervision bilions were diverted into ghost contracts and ghost workers accounts now coming forward to offer this kind of advice in the public .God punish the devil.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Goke7: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
prophetfire:
y didn she do these,esp plugging loop-holes whn she was incharge?she was paying ghost workers.

Ghost workers like Willie Willie grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Goke7: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Charly68:
This people abuse our collective sanity through their stupid conduct in govt and saintly disposition in the public ..Abi how do we describe a woman under whose supervision bilions were diverted into ghost contracts and ghost workers accounts now coming forward to offer this kind of advice in the public .God punish the devil.

Abeg take am easy with madam puff puff, eh I no why she de like find trouble sef. Ejo ema binu, biko
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by yaki84: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
mideactive:
Wat actually happened 2 her under gej,dis woman was d reason y we had our debt 4given,n had a Robust foreign reserve under obj,even wen our income was quiet low.wat is she not tellin,is she part of d conspiracy,y dint she resign?wit her pedigree n income boom wen gej was president,we'r suppose 2 av hit $100b reserve.how come all dis happened right under her,n she covered it all up.she has 2 come out clear.as 4 now,I still see her as part of d gang up..

nigeria is a developing country, developing countries dont pile up monies in thier reserves as if na monument,. u use the monies u mek to build n improve the infrastructure on ground so investors can come in.
make buhari dey pile up money keep when u r in darkness n we all say our roads r deathtrap, refineries r down n we dey pile money keep.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by tuniski: 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
NigeriaPresident:

it's a pity that Robot from East has taken over Nairaland. how will human reason like this? it's a pity that Eastern part of Nigeria is not having any future leaders again. that is why you are going backward in Nigeria politics. Robot everywhere

Mrs NOI, why can't you give such advice to Jonathan during your time. useless woman seeking attention from Buhari..
Get real that is why we have TSA and BVN. She did far more than zombies will ever understand claiming her brainchild for this overwhelmed govt of buhari/apc.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by mideactive: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Were did u get d idea dat advance countries don't pile up reserves.ok agreed dat gej n Iweala had used it up 4 investments n infrastructure development.but whr ar u infrastrutures n whr ar d industries?

yaki84:

nigeria is a developing country, developing countries dont pile up monies in thier reserves as if na monument,. u use the monies u mek to build n improve the infrastructure on ground so investors can come in.
make buhari dey pile up money keep when u r in darkness n we all say our roads r deathtrap, refineries r down n we dey pile money keep.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by sam90s(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

We're still using NOI template, when did Kemi come up with any policy?
We all know the padded corruption laden first budget under Kemi.
Watch as Kemi is demoted back to being a state finance commissioner, she took a job above her skill level.

Numbers don't lie my friend, anyway, but that was a nice try.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by laprince(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
NigeriaPresident:

it's a pity that Robot from East has taken over Nairaland. how will human reason like this? it's a pity that Eastern part of Nigeria is not having any future leaders again. that is why you are going backward in Nigeria politics. Robot everywhere

With all the leaders that the north, west and south have, how much have they helped Nigeria become better?

Mind you, I am not from the east.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by yaki84: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
mideactive:
Were did u get d idea dat advance countries don't pile up reserves.ok agreed dat gej n Iweala had used it up 4 investments n infrastructure development.but whr ar u infrastrutures n whr ar d industries?

advance n developed countries pile up reserves cos they dont really have super capital project to invest on. investment thr is done by private enterprises cos there is enabling environment already on ground.
obj piled up reserves, did he achieve anything? no!
the roads were dead trap, power was poor, refineries moribund, infrastructures from medical to education poor, why pile up reserves for what?
sanusi came in n used the reserve to defend naira, putting a price tag on dollar n other forex isbad.do u knw hw much sanusi used in defending the naira because of his fixed policy on forex?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by 400billionman: 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
mideactive:

Amaechi and his gang called governors forum depleted the excess crude account.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by esere826: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
femmycares:
Get ur facts before displaying ur ignorance in public.No country shares foreign reserve and those u mentioned did not request for that.They requested sovereign wealth fund be shared.U may need to educate urself on what SWF connotes under GEJ
my apologies if I got it wrong. I wasn't so sure of the exact foreign financial portfolio hence I qualified it as "things".
However, this doesn't remove from the fact that a number of governors had no thoughts for the future and were only interested in the NOW. These set governors still persist in our polity either as apc or pdp.

By the way, you will be no less a man if you start your explanations without an aggressive display of uncouthness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by esere826: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
dyn1800:
WAS THE MONIES SHARED?

nope. Thank God for that

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by esere826: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
mideactive:
I don't think I understand wat u'r sayin,come out clearer

NOI is a money manager, not a freedom fighter. She will only make the best out of a bad decision. Under GEJ, who had no balls, the best she could do was to ensure that the right boxes were ticked while sharks both in party and in opposition swarmed around her with no one to fend them off.

Don't be surprised if she actually has a well articulated financial plan than cancels out the effect of the depletion of our foreign reserves during her time
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by mideactive: 12:26am On Mar 23, 2016
I wasn't talking about freedom fightin here,wat has dat got 2 do with bad economic planning n poor money management.she was made a supper minister above all others,I think d reasons is 2 allow prudency,better management,accountability n she was suppose 2 help drive our economy 2 a better position most especially wen d price of oil was very high.we'r not suppose2be talkin about Diversification anymore,by now, we'r suppose2 be talkin about somthin bigger.maybe technology advancement.she was not new2d economy,y I can't stop asking wat happened2 her.if she wasn't satisfied wit wat was goin on,she could av easily resigned.she gives one d impression dat she was really enjoyin d lootin..

esere826:
NOI is a money manager, not a freedom fighter. She will only make the best out of a bad decision. Under GEJ, who had no balls, the best she could do was to ensure that the right boxes were ticked while sharks both in party and in opposition swarmed around her with no one to fend them off.

Don't be surprised if she actually has a well articulated financial plan than cancels out the effect of the depletion of our foreign reserves during her time
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by mideactive: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Excess crude money as got nothing2do wit wat d fed.govt. Should be saving as reserves.it's a norm2 share it among states.I'm nt vindicating d governors,but our reserve determins d strength of our economy.she had every opportunity @ strengthnin our economy,I still don't knw wat happened2 her.

400billionman:

Amaechi and his gang called governors forum depleted the excess crude account.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by mideactive: 12:56am On Mar 23, 2016
I don't understand wat u mean by 'advance counties don't invest in capital project'.n 'dat Sanusi used reserve2 defend naira'.I'm a lay man,pls clear me on dis points.moreover,u'r not just suppose2use ur reserve2 start buildin roads,schools n wat av u.dat's y it's called reserve.In times of a very hash economic situation dat we ar right now, is actually wen d reserve is needed.we would not have felt anything if our reserve is in a gud shape,we would av easily diversify.n I don't knw y u think d president should not peg d exchange rate,we'r ar nt producin anything apart from oil,we'v done naira divaluation so may time,wat has it changed.it had always ended killin naira.y not let us try a diff.approach n let's see d outcome.al we should be thinkin about is sellin more n buyin less,dat's d only way2 go
yaki84:

advance n developed countries pile up reserves cos they dont really have super capital project to invest on. investment thr is done by private enterprises cos there is enabling environment already on ground.
obj piled up reserves, did he achieve anything? no!
the roads were dead trap, power was poor, refineries moribund, infrastructures from medical to education poor, why pile up reserves for what?
sanusi came in n used the reserve to defend naira, putting a price tag on dollar n other forex isbad.do u knw hw much sanusi used in defending the naira because of his fixed policy on forex?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by Taasii4change: 1:55am On Mar 23, 2016
Look at this shemles woman that almost bankrupt our economy now taking like a saint. We don't need your advice kemi is there clearing the mess u left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Dances To Small Doctor's 'Penalty' At Son's Wedding (Video) / Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Goodluck Jonathan's Son-In-Law, Prince Godswill Edward Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.