Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption (27050 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Asian Bank, AIIB, Appoints Okonjo-Iweala To Advisory Panel / WATCH: Okonjo Iweala Advises Buhari On How To Improve Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by ddeola: 1:58am On Mar 23, 2016
RUBBISH ! And not a single person asked her why the government in which she was the minister for finance and coordinating minister was so corrupt that the new government now have to face the mess she and her corrupt government left behind

This woman just like her colleagues in the last government ought to be behind bars by now. What a shame...
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by okrote4real: 2:50am On Mar 23, 2016
And you didn't advise GEJ as his coordinating minister of the economy? Ah madam you are wicked! angry angry angry shocked
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by tee4naija(m): 3:03am On Mar 23, 2016
Like she did when she held sway under OBJ and GEJ?
PiccoloBrunelli:
Aunty, if you want the portfolio for Minister Of Finance come and take it. All this unsolicited "advicement"..... undecided

*modified*

Of course she mustn't. Thanks for quoting me and expressng your opinion without insulting me or my unborn children as has become the norm on NL. #respect.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by ziccoit: 5:13am On Mar 23, 2016
mideactive:
Wat actually happened 2 her under gej,dis woman was d reason y we had our debt 4given,n had a Robust foreign reserve under obj,even wen our income was quiet low.wat is she not tellin,is she part of d conspiracy,y dint she resign?wit her pedigree n income boom wen gej was president,we'r suppose 2 av hit $100b reserve.how come all dis happened right under her,n she covered it all up.she has 2 come out clear.as 4 now,I still see her as part of d gang up..

That should tell you OBJ was the one that performed the magic not this woman. What other reason can explain his docility and failure under GEJ when she was even more empowered?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by yaki84: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2016
mideactive:
I don't understand wat u mean by 'advance counties don't invest in capital project'.n 'dat Sanusi used reserve2 defend naira'.I'm a lay man,pls clear me on dis points.moreover,u'r not just suppose2use ur reserve2 start buildin roads,schools n wat av u.dat's y it's called reserve.In times of a very hash economic situation dat we ar right now, is actually wen d reserve is needed.we would not have felt anything if our reserve is in a gud shape,we would av easily diversify.n I don't knw y u think d president should not peg d exchange rate,we'r ar nt producin anything apart from oil,we'v done naira divaluation so may time,wat has it changed.it had always ended killin naira.y not let us try a diff.approach n let's see d outcome.al we should be thinkin about is sellin more n buyin less,dat's d only way2 go

show me one undeveloped country whether in africa or asia or north america that has reserves more than 50billion dolls?
go check venezuela, they r in worst state probably because of wastages of oil funds due to bad policies, policies like subsidy.
advanced countries or developed countries dont do super highways or construct schools or hospitals cos their founding fathers built all these things n keep, their duty is to maintain those structures.
in advance countries their central bank chiefs dont fixed the exchange rate, it is being determined by market forces, in nigeria d cbn fixe d exchange rate meanwhile in the open market wheŕe the main biznez take place it is diffrnt. this is another way corruption is encouraged. sanusi spent and depleted our reserves to defend the naira when he was d chief . I dont know how to explain dis but in lay terms it s like someone is leading u with 3goals n u use ur resources to buy the 3goals so u will be equal with him.
hv u heard obama commission roads before or schools?
diversification can only happen if we go back to true federalism. states shud control thier resources and also encourage to explore whatever resources they have. if we dont do this, diversification will just be a sweet song to the ears of gullible nigeriansesp when campaigning.
we cant keep doing the same thing and expect diffrnt results.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by mideactive: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
U mean ur only definition of Capital projects are roads,schools.so u don't knw advance countries invest heavily in science research n technology dat gulps far more money dan roads n bridges.anyway,dat's not b basics of Argument.perharps,we'r not even close yet.unfortunately,we'r still in a faze we're our politician still campaign wit roads n wat av u.n u should understand d %tage of educated ppl in Nigeria is very low,n even d educated once ar half baked..naira to dollar is determined strickly by import n export of guds n services.if a country has a favourable balance of trade 4 a given,it's currency 'l definitely be strengthned against d dollar.ur reserve shows d strength of ur countries economy.incase of global recession u can always find something 2 fall back on,dat 'l enable d economy run without feeling much hit frm d ash economy.we were sellin our oil @ a very gud price wen Sanusi was d cbn gov.dat's y I said I don't understand.NOI had every opportunity 2 fix a lot,but she failed n she knws it.we cannot keep devaluatin,it has never changed anything.all it brings is inflation again n again,we still end up @ d same spot.there's not wrong in doing things differently
yaki84:

show me one undeveloped country whether in africa or asia or north america that has reserves more than 50billion dolls?
go check venezuela, they r in worst state probably because of wastages of oil funds due to bad policies, policies like subsidy.
advanced countries or developed countries dont do super highways or construct schools or hospitals cos their founding fathers built all these things n keep, their duty is to maintain those structures.
in advance countries their central bank chiefs dont fixed the exchange rate, it is being determined by market forces, in nigeria d cbn fixe d exchange rate meanwhile in the open market wheŕe the main biznez take place it is diffrnt. this is another way corruption is encouraged. sanusi spent and depleted our reserves to defend the naira when he was d chief . I dont know how to explain dis but in lay terms it s like someone is leading u with 3goals n u use ur resources to buy the 3goals so u will be equal with him.
hv u heard obama commission roads before or schools?
diversification can only happen if we go back to true federalism. states shud control thier resources and also encourage to explore whatever resources they have. if we dont do this, diversification will just be a sweet song to the ears of gullible nigeriansesp when campaigning.
we cant keep doing the same thing and expect diffrnt results.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption by fm7070: 10:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Aunty Ngozi, please tell them.
They want to use old method to fight modern battle.
They want to keep creating enemies here and there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

North Kicks As Afenifere, Others Back Southern Governors On Cattle Grazing Ban / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Visits Ahmed Lawan / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.